Getting into Star Trek in anticipation of this game coming out at the end of this month...

Getting into Star Trek in anticipation of this game coming out at the end of this month. I need you guys to tell me which I should watch.

I have seen Wrath of Khan 3 days ago and it was great. I'm going to finish the arc with Spock and Voyage within the month. Is there a definitive list of GOAT episodes with great character development? Sort of like the Clone Wars list?

You know what? Just redpill me on this shit.

>nigger spock

WE

Why wait? Just play Artemis.

The red pill leads to tng

Just marathon DS9.

TOS episodes?

>I'm going to finish the arc with Spock and Voyage within the month

Undiscovered Country is pretty good too. Nice exit for the original crew. Also in case you hadn't heard, Voyage Home is much more lighthearted and silly than the other two.

Artemis looks great, now I just need to find two to five friends to play it with

>Voyage Home is much more lighthearted and silly than the other two
Don't know if I'll like that very much.

And I'll get on with TNG if no one can provide a counter argument.

since TNG is the only one that's been remastered that's all the more reason to watch TNG

DS9 is good but it doesn't really feel like Trek. also it looks like complete ass after watching TNG in hd

Recently played A Final Unity and it was utter shit. 25th Anniversary is also shit. Why can't anybody make a decent Star Trek game? There's never been one, EVER. It would be so easy to do.

Look at Starflight. That's the fucking template. Starflight is the best Trek game only the alien races have to be different because of bullshit capitalism and its copyright oppression.

>that cover
>an idealized vision of the future
>white man commanding a black man and two black women
THIS ISN'T WHAT I WAS PROMISED

Did you just assume their races based on phenotype?

they want those diversity points, but ultimately understand that the "gamer" and "trek fan" overlap is 99% white dudes

So why isn't the captain fat and slovenly? Most successful, fit, confident white males have no knowledge of Star Trek

Skipping is very frowned upon in our corner of the fandom.

Make an attempt to watch all the episodes of TOS, TNG and DS9.

Only if you make an honest, genuine attempt will we tell you which episodes to skip.

just watch tng and the movies associated with it, even nemesis is pretty good

i think voyager and ds9 might be good too. the older stuff is way too campy. skip the prequel series

are you asking how fantasies work

>Skipping is very frowned upon in our corner of the fandom.

lel. anyone who give a shit is a self-parodying sperg who should be dismissed off hand

If it's a fantasy then why isn't the captain a black guy with a huge dong?

TOS and the first season of TNG are goofy pulp Star Trek. TNG and DS9 are more grounded. Voyager and Enterprise are shit. Start at season 2 of TNG and skip the last episode of that season.

TOS sucks

TOS is great

netrek is best game

STARRRR TREEEKKKK

/trek/

>VR

TNG will give you the best sense of crew roles and how a star ship runs/what a star ship does. It's worth a watch, and should probably be watched before Deep Space 9.

That said, once you know the world, characters, and races, Deep Space 9 is probably the best series because of how it fleshes out universe politics and is much more serialized. Also it has better characters and more cool aliens.

Yes, it actually exists and is a commercial product now, Gen X dadfag.

>I'm going to finish the arc with Spock and Voyage within the month.

I just want to point out that this arc doesn't really wrap up until Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, which you should watch anyway because most fans think it's one of the best.

You can get away with skipping V.

That captain is too old to be in JJtrek.

>bridge crew

What a stupid fucking name

>spock is black
>VR

yeah have fun

The science officer is just a black human.

>science
>black

yeah I know

>since TNG is the only one that's been remastered that's all the more reason to watch TNG
The Original Star Trek on Netflix is remastered. It actually looked better than TNG for a while since it took them forever to add the remastered TNG.

Captain Kirk?
No.
Captain Blazkowicz

I wish I thought this was bait but I think it's just run of the mill Sup Forums autism.

If you want to play some Star Trek games, then check out following
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
Star Trek: Judgement Rites
Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy
Star Trek : Elite Force 1 & 2