I just finished Luke Cage, watched it all in 2 sittings and really enjoyed it

I just finished Luke Cage, watched it all in 2 sittings and really enjoyed it.

So how did Ion Fist end up being so shit? I'm 4 episodes in, it's boring as hell and none of the characters are remotely engaging. Hell the lesbo lawyer from Jessica Jones has been the most tolerable so far and that's only because I already knew her from that show.

Does it get better or am I in for a long, dry slog to the end?

It was intentionally designed to trash

black guy's show is good and original

withe guy's show is racist and crap

But Iron Fist was way better than Luke Cage.

>Does it get better or am I in for a long, dry slog to the end?

If you found Luke Cage to be entertaining enough to binge watch it in 2 sittings, I'd imagine a long, dry slog to the end is exactly what you're into. So I gotta disappoint you there, Iron Fist only gets better as it goes on. Slightly weak ending though.

>Marvel's Luke Cage (2016 - )

AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
96%

>Marvel's Iron Fist: Season 1 (2017)

TOMATOMETER
17%

Explain why you think that, because it can't be the story or characters

people claim it gets better but I found the first couple episode to be the most entertaining by a long shot, before it starts feeling not just bad but bad and repetitive

do you like Claire Temple? she gets a pretty big role later on, but I find her very bland.

I don't get that shit. Did Luke Cage get them points for starring niggers? Half of the show was filler with the bad guy who gets killed halfway through, and the other was Luke fucking around doing fuck all

>Using Rotten Tomatoes instead of forming your own opinion.

The Hand sucks. it sucked in Daredevil season 2 and it sucks in Iron Fist

as IF goes on the Hand plays a bigger and bigger role therefor and therefor the show sucks harder and harder.

Wow, you're really edgy. The side characters were likeable, Luke (while a bit preachy at times) came across as a rounded character rather than a collection of superpowers with a face, and the tone was completely different to what the MCU had done before.

>side characters were likeable
Like who exactly?

Iron Fists gets better at the end. When Bakuto arrives its pretty good, last 4-5 episodes are not trash. And Colleens ass is nice.

Pop, chess guy, Misty. I even sort of liked Shades when he desperately trying to get into Mariah's panties

>whitewashing
>dumb white power fantasy while stealing oriental culture

bound to be shit

I'm not even bothered by that, Batman did the same thing. Besides, Colleen (nice as her ass is) is asian and that twiglet keeps beating up pro-wrestler tier white guys

>the 2nd half of Luke Cage is near unwatchable garbage
>96%
>all of IF is fairly boring but inoffensively bad
>18%
Liberals were a mistake.

>Batman did the same thing

i don't care about muh appropriation but it bothers me how stupid of a comparison this is. Batman is a guy who happens to have had training in Asia, but if you didn't know that already you wouldn't even make the connection. dressing up like a bat and using technology to fight crime has nothing to do with asian culture.

Iron Fist is explicitly a mystical kung-fu master and some kind of "chosen one' representing a China-themed land, and constantly brings up Buddhist teaching. they aren't even a little bit the same

One thing about Luke Cage that bothered me though. When he was in prison he never cut his hair or beard, but apparently always made sure his chest was immaculately waxed

Am I really supposed to believe that?

Tin foil hat on a bit too tight??

Dude, what? Iron Fist is great, almost as good as Daredevil. I couldn't even sit through two episodes of Luke Cage before dropping that boring garbage.

You're an idiot. Here's to you getting aids.

Cage was ok the music was great but the story line got real fucking lame when they killed off cotton.

Iron was paced really slow but got better as things progressed. Would have liked a bit more of the back story after his plane crashed tho.

this

Actually, im gonna say something racist/sexist but true, but I enjoy more the shows when the main protagonist is a white male, maybe because i can identify myself. That's why i didn't watch Luke Cage or Jessica Jones, and that i loved Iron Fist and Daredevil

everyone knows this is the case, it's just that only non-white guys are allowed to say it

Danny is and absolute garbage protagonist thats why iron fist falls flat.

I think it's a matter of taste; the kind of person who thinks LC is good probably won't like IF and vise versa. To Marvel's credit, the four shows cover the whole spectrum of cape demo, of course there is a lot of shared viewers, but it looks like they were designed to appeal to different kinds of people.

Not really, It's pretty boring all the way through

It's mostly corporate drama, and the final fight is really anti-climactic.

The biggest problem is that it's a show about a kung fu master and he barely fights anyone. Like there's 4 good fights in the whole episode. Daredevil had better action scenes.

Episode 6 is the best episode I'd say, but only cause he actually fights people in that episode but it's still pretty boring.

DD - best protagonist
JJ - best villain
LC - best setting
IF - best ???

>the Hand again but worse
>terrible fights for a martial arts show
>barely any Kun Lun scenes
>weak protagonist
I thought the RZA episode with the three duels was good. But overall, it just didn't offer enough.

gee i wonder why iron fist sucked

Best waifu.

glad I stopped watching early. RZA and his fake kung fu nerd nonsense can eat shit and die

Good shout

she was a fox, even though the "cast half asians as full asians" trend annoys me.

It made no sense that they'd bring him into direct an episode but he did a decent job. i was surprised.

Explain yourself because Iron Fist was the worst show Marvel put out on Netflix. I gave up on episode 5

No. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are both far worse. Dropped the former after two episodes and the latter after one. Watched all of Iron Fist and enjoyed it almost as much as Daredevil.

Suddenly it all makes sense.

>capeshit
>Luke "get in the cuck" Cage
(you)