Just turned 24

>just turned 24
>dream of being a great filmmaker slowly fading

Lol lets be real, that's not the only dream of your that's fading

wait till you hit 30 and your hairline starts fading and your dreams are long dead

>you will never be born into a rich, well-connected family in LA and basically have success guaranteed to you like so many other actors and directors

>hairline fading at 30

haha yeah. 30! haha

>ywn be born rich and never have to work a day in your life
this is why i hate my life

i remember being younger and trying to look into actor bios and see what they did to make it.

Nearly every single one of them had a parent in the industry, and had some sortve connection.

You have no idea what greatness is if you think your dream is dead. Unless you mean you don't want it anymore.

t. filmmaker who's been there

why are you making everyone miserable in the various artform boards :(

It's not like you did anything to realize that dream

Some f.makets site make film as sold as ducking and Shit

just make a movie, silly. Have it play at cannes and sundance and shit and youll do fine if you just aggressively do some sexual favors.

to be fair user people live longer now than they did before

you can still make it with an indie film if you put everything you've got

So what have you done so far? What home movies did you make with your friends? What scripts have you written? Because, you know... the filmmakers that did get their stuff published have worked their asses off to get there.

It's NOT enough to dream about being a director or a screenwriter or whatever. Get out of la-la land!

Let's continue with some choice quotes from a guy working in UK:

- You know how you get $20 million to make a movie? Make a $2 million film that gets out there and makes money. You know how you get $2 million to make a movie? Make something for $250'000 that gets out there and makes money. Until then you are nobodies. Is that clear? Nobodies!

- Just stop talking and make a film! How many films were made in England last year? Even if you make the worst film ever, you're still the 24th best in England. Get the point?

- Other tips: when you hire your crew, find eager, energetic young wannabes and pay them as little as possible, or even better, nothing at all.

- Here's how you start your career. Take 12 kids to a house and chop them up. Twelve actors, one location. It's a stage play. Shut up. Shoot it. Look at Tarantino. Didn't he take eight people and do it? Spike Lee did it with five people in an apartment.

>24
>thinks he's getting old

Yeah. The problem with most aspiring """filmmakers""" is that they never try to actually make a film

>be 30
>dream of being a successful musician stronger than ever
I'm never giving up

>Just turned 30
>Realize I have been posting on Sup Forums 12+ hours a day most of my adult life
>tfw chance are I will die whilst baneposting on Sup Forums

The problem with most filmmakers is they go to film school instead of going to film

Just be yourself, dude

what if i do both?

>12+ hours a day

You should stop being yourself

you should get a job, something you like enough to make you a workaholic. then when youre a millionare you can afford to pay for therapy and you'll end up spending your free time volunteering or something.
then when youre 50 you'll remember what Sup Forums used to be like and youll see if it still exists, and youll find that it ended in 2021.
screencap this

post your films