DC Rebirth thread. Not that long now until rebirth begins. What're you going to pick up? Me?

DC Rebirth thread. Not that long now until rebirth begins. What're you going to pick up? Me?

>All of the Bat-titles
>Justice League
>Might give Super-sons a go.

Also, can someone explain to me like I'm a complete idiot what the hell they're doing with superman? They're killing off new52 Superman and replacing him with pre-new52 Superman... on the same earth?

I'm pissed because they won't continue Midnighter.

Latest checklist for those who didn't know that they uploaded outdated and older versions of this.

>Wonder Woman
>Deathstroke
>Nightwing
>probably Batman
>The Super-Man
>Blue Beetle

If Flash and Trinity aren't shit I'll probably get the trades of those but I'll see

Green Arrow, Nightwing and Flintstones

"The storyline will see the prehistoric animals of Flintstones world, the ones that used as construction vehicles, transport and everyday household devices organising together to rebel against a humanity that has enslaved them."

It's Animal Farm in Bedrock

Op here, shit I forgot Deathstroke, given that Priest will be writing, I'll definitively give it a go.

New Super-Man looks interesting. I mean, a chinese fucking Superman appearing? Shit might be good.

Right now I'm planning on getting
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>New Super-Man
>Blue Beetle
>Superwoman
>Trinity

Plus all the Young Animal titles, Scooby Apocalypse, and Future Quest.

Of all titles I'll buy, only New Super-Man and Superwoman look fresh.
I dought NSM will live until 10 issues, though.

Will giving Jason a shit team stop the Lobdel machine?

Jesus your taste is fucking boring.

How long are they going to keep this 2x monthly thing going? Obviously it won't last.

Nightwing
Super sons
Superman
Wonder Woman
Teen Titans

>Bizarro
I still don't understand why, isn't the plot them infiltrating a Gotham street gang?

Teen Titans.
Supersons.
Superman.

Super sons

>What're you going to pick up?
Tom King Batman
Rucka Wonder Woman
Uncertain about Abnett Aquaman. Of the three issues he's done so far, I really liked one and was meh on the other two. We'll see I guess.
I am specifically not buying JL because the booted Shazam off the team, just to make room for a POC Green Lantern.
Might look into Blue Beetle.

>Also, can someone explain to me like I'm a complete idiot what the hell they're doing with superman?
No idea. I mean, all current signs point to him dying off and being replaced, which seems like the fucking biggest, shallowest, most desperate attempt to get back the pre-Flashpoint audience. God forbid we have a Superman that actually showed a decent range of emotions and growth over the course of his career, instead of always being an insufferable boy scout. Whatevs. I'm not buying any of the new Superman books either. He can take his blue boots and bugger off.

In defense of OP, the Rebirth line is boring. At least when New52 initially launched, it had some variety. Shit like Demon Knights, Swamp Thing, Amethyst and All-Star Western. Now we're basically just getting your standard fuck-ton of Bat books and popular capeshit. I suppose it's what sells. Can't blame them.

No. If anything else, now he'll boost sales with Batfamily crossovers.
Unless I'm silly user and book set in Gotham ignores Batfamily.
Not to say that fucking Cyborg, GL, Flash and Aquaman got biweekly treatment.

>Uncertain about Abnett Aquaman. Of the three issues he's done so far, I really liked one and was meh on the other two
You liked issue that ended with Mera becoming Aquawoman, I presume?

Nightwing
Super sons
Superman
Wonder Woman
Teen Titans
Trinity

Actually, I liked that one and the next one, although I'm not into this Dead Water villain, much. The most recent issue, I don't even remember what happened, other than Scavenger showing up for the cliffhanger ending.

>Supersons
>Superman
>Nightwing
>Teen Titans
>New Super-Man

I figured Dead Water is just there for Arthur to punch until Rebirth. And I'd rather have some old villain revamped for New 52 instead of seeing Scavenger again.

I do what I usually do and pirate the first couple issue then buy up the ones I like
Last thing I want is to have a bunch of #1s in my collection by themselves

>Super-sons - Teen Titans
>Superman- Aquaman

>>Super-sons
Superman
Probably Nightwing and Teen Titans

not sure if : Wonder Woman

Why the fuck is that quote on the ad? It looks like a joke.

>Super-sons,Teen Titans.

So what, pre-new52 Superman was on New52 earth all along or something? Or did he arrive somehow? Will there also be two Lois Lanes?

Was reading:
>Justice League
>Robin: SOB
>Batman
>Action Comics

Thinking of getting:
>Super Sons
>Trinity
>Teen Titans (a good TT book might just be a pipe dream at this point)
>All Star Batman
>Wonder Woman
>JLA (hoping this is the remnants of the JLU team)

Probably trade wait
>Batman
>Superman
>The Flash

I just want to find out the creative team on Super Sons.

Postan, because.

>Super Sons
>Nightwing
>Teen Titans

I don't really get floppies anymore, I'm just so sick of them. But I will get these trades:

>Batman by Tom King
>Detective Comics by Tynion
>If New Super-Man gets enough issues for a trade, I'll get that one too.
>Justice League
>Teen Titan
>Deathstroke
>Superman, if it turns out good.

WOW COOL.

Superman
Super-sons
Nightwing
Teen Titans

>All of the Superman-titles
>Super-sons
>Nightwing
>Teen Titans

>Super Sons > Teen Titans Damian Wayne stuff.

>woo twice monthy aquaman
>with a shitty new costume
>twice as much speedforce bullshit as we used to get

He arrived during the Convergence event, and yeah, his Lois is with him.

>Teen Titans
Super-sons
>Nightwing
Superman

Betcha 2-to-1 that Black Canary is FELICITY.

Happy to see Green Arrow with the beard again. However Black Canary better not be Felicity

>blue beetle
>not ted kord

I thought he was coming back. Why did you guys lie to me?

I'm getting:

>Wonder Woman
>Flash
>Batman
>AS Batman
>Suicide Squad
>Wacky Raceland
Maybe Aquaman and Hell Blazer.

Really can't wait for Rebirt, can't wait to read characters I have never read like Flash, Wonder woman

>What're you going to pick up?

Everything for 3 issues, then the dropping begins.

Ted trains him. No idea what version of Ted, though.

Nothing. I have no idea why you would be excited for this outside of some sort of Stockholm Syndrome.

Don't you like any DC characters? For me even if it is shit I can't stop picking up certain titles e.g. Batman, Ant-man, Daredevil etc.

So what has he been up to? I've not read new52 Superman outside of Action Comics vol 1.

I just don't know how many more examples you need of DC not giving two shits about anything outside of the bottom line.

It's Giffen, so most likely the one we know and love.

Watched as League fought Darkseid, burned arrow that'd kill Batman, dicked around with Hank Hanshaw and fought against some psionic dude.
Yeah, I guess. But we'll have to wait and see to be sure.

Dead Water, like many arcs right now, is a fill in villain until Rebirth so I wouldn't be too worried.

Why would you support garbage books? Follow creators, not characters. People like you are why soap operas are still on the air.
True, I also want the Scarab to be its YJ counterpart.

Well desu what I have been buying isn't shit but if it got shit I would still pick it up. Don't really follow creators only characters I like but if I see a writer or artist I like it would sway me to buy the GN.

I would never buy a Green lantern,Superman,Captain america, or Spiderwoman book even if they got the best writer or artist going or even if they were by one of my favorite creative teams.

Wonder Woman is being written by Greg Rucka a very well renowned writer and so I’ll be looking forward to this run. The only thing I can see going wrong here is Rucka undoing/going counter to Azzarello’s run. And I really liked Azzarello’s run and the things he did with the gods.

Action Comics is being written by Jurgens (who is largely mediocre) and focusing on Doomsday (a terrible villain) I don’t think it’ll be terrible just incredibly middling.

Superman seems to be focusing on Clark, Lois and their son and what it means for him to be a family. I enjoyed what Tomasi and Gleason did with Batman and his son so this is a book I’m interested in trying out. Though, Tomasi’s prior Superman work, whilst not terrible, has left me not all too impressed. And that includes the current Sueprleague crossover in the Superman titles.

New Super-Man looks like it could be pretty great. It’s being written by Gene Luan Yang and stars a new Chinese Super-Man based in Shanghai. So yeah, I’m looking forward to this.

Supergirl seems to be going the route of synergy with the tv show by introducing the Danvers and having her move to National City. This does not please me one bit. And to add to that it looks like they’ll be rehashing some of the beats from the New 52 volume whilst changing her character from the one that I enjoyed. And I’ve felt all of Orlando’s works I’ve read have been mediocre. So yeah, this is a book I am not looking forward to at all.

Superwoman stars Lois Lane in the titular role after receiving powers. The how of it is currently unknown but the creative team on the book is good so I’ll be giving it a try.

Super Sons has no creative team on it yet so I’m not sure what to think of it. But it stars Damian (son of Batman) and Jon (son of Superman) so I’ll be trying the title out regardless, unless the creative team on the book end up being folks I think are terrible.

Tom King is probably the biggest up-and-coming creator in mainstream American comics. His work on titles like The Vision, Grayson, and Omega Men among others have all been phenomenal and he’s garnered much critical acclaim for it. Marvel understood this and tried to push his Vision book really hard and DC also understood this by giving him an exclusive contract and putting him on their biggest book, Batman. In case you couldn’t tell, I too am a big Tom King fan. So yeah, I’m probably most hyped for this book.

Detective Comics has a very interesting cast and premise but the writer has completely killed all interest for me. Tynion has been involved in some not so great Bat-books, most notably Batman & Robin Eternal which was, in my opinion, absolutely irredeemable trash. And him stating that ‘Tec will be a continuation of B&R Eternal gives me zero hope for the title.

Batgirl is being drawn by Rafael Albuquerque and I love his art so I’ll be trying this out. Also heard good things about Hope Larson as a writer so it looks promising.

Zero interest in Batgirl and the Birds of Prey. It’s being written by a bunch of CW writers and seems to be regressing the role of Helena Bertinelli. So I don’t care for this one bit.

I fell off Gotham Academy, but I’ll give it another try with the relaunch: Gotham Academy Second Semester.

Nightwing is being written by Tim Seeley who had a pretty great run on Grayson (alongside Tome King) so I’ll be looking forward to this title.

All Star Batman has a killer art team, but it’s being written by Scott Snyder. I don’t like Snyder at all and felt his Batman run wasn’t very good. I don’t think this’ll be very good outside of the art.

Manapul is a mostly middling writer but his art is gorgeous. And being partnered with Clay Mann assures that Trinity will be one of the finest looking books on the stand. I’ll try it out and if nothing else it’ll be a very nice looking book with servicable writing.

Batman Beyond is being written by Jurgens, so pass.

Teen Titans stars Damian trying to lead the Titans while they don’t want to. I love Damian and him being a smug brat so I’ll be trying this book. But I can’t say for sure whether it’d be good with the creative team on it. Plus the Teen Titans have had a bad string of books for a while.

Abnett is continuing his run on Aquaman which has been decent so far. While it could be good, it’s not something I’d recommend as of yet.

I am incredibly ambivalent on The Flash. I like the artists on it and I’ve enjoyed some of the stuff written by the writer, but I can’t stand the premise. It’s another evil speedster and random people are getting speed powers. This is nothing new and just a rehash of the New 52 stuff. We had two evil speedsters there and an arc with folks getting speed powers. I do not want that again. Give me something new. That being said it could be decent and I love the Flash so I’ll check it out.

I fell off Ben Percy’s Green Arrow run because there was nothing there really grabbing me. Since it wasn’t terrible, I’ll give it another try with Rebirth but expectations aren’t too high.

Green Lanterns is the green lantern book I’ve been wanting since the end of Geoff Johns run. Sadly it’s written by Sam Humphries, whose previous works I’ve found all to be terrible. And it looks like he’ll be ignoring Charles Soule’s run on the Red Lantern book, one which I enjoyed immensely, and returning the Reds to status quo. That does not appeal to me one bit.

Hal Jordan and the GLC is being written by Venditti who has till now done a mostly boring job on the title. I’ll give him on GL another try since I’ve enjoyed his Valiant stuff and so I’m hoping that quality rubs off here. But no high hopes here.

There is literally nothing to do with the Cyborg book that interests me.

Bryan Hitch’s JLA has had some good moments but has ultimately been incredibly mediocre. This is mostly due to it being far too decompressed. With him no longer on art duties I’m hoping his Justice League will fare better.

Deathstroke is being written by Christopher Priest, one of the most acclaimed writers in the industry, and that’s enough for me to check this title out. But admittedly I haven’t read any of Priest’s works so I’m not sure what to expect, but I hope it’ll be decent. Even Geoff Johns has stated that this is probably the most nuanced book of Rebirth.

I don’t like Harley Quinn, so I’ll pass on her.

I have no interest in Suicide Squad but I’ll give the book a try and see if it does anything for me.

I don’t care about the Titans and I’m not fond Brett Booth (and absolutely hate his colourist Andrew Dalhouse) so I’ll (probably) pass on this book.

The Hellblazer could be good. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve read from both the writer and the artist, but I don’t like supernatural stuff so I might just end up dropping this. Will give it a try anyways.

Red Hood and the Outlaws has a very interesting team but I don’t like Lobdell’s style of writing so I’m not interested.

Giffen, Kolins, Kord & Jaime. Say no more, I’ll be reading Blue Beetle. Basically the book stars the two most famous Blue Beetles in a mentor/apprentice sort of relationship and is being written by one of my favourite creators. So this is a book I’m quite looking forward to.

Gotham Academy Next Semester is a part of Rebirth. It was in the big Rebirth previews issue.

Hate it. Give him red boots at the very least. It breaks the monotony of the blue. Also the blue looks borderline black.

>>Teen Titans (a good TT book might just be a pipe dream at this point)

Considering it's a rehash team with Damian and Black Wally it's gonna be trash.

>originally announced as part of Rebirth
>retracted at Wondercon
>rolled back in the physical DC Rebirth PREVIEWS special catalog

>>I just want to find out the creative team on Super Sons.
I'm betting on it being stealth cancelled.

My Pull List:

Superman
Batman
All Star Batman
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Batgirl
Aquaman
Hal Jordan and the GLC
Justice League
Harley Quinn
Suicide Squad

Logic and common sense doesn't apply to them, my friend.

>What're you going to pick up
Nothing. I'll wait for the next reboot in 3 years.

Why?

Wait, are we still getting Seven Seas Arc for Aquaman?

What makes you say "obviously"?

I've said this before:
1) The reason why "multiple shipping" in almost all forms doesn't last is because of the stress on artists/writers, NOT because of sales.
2) Sales-wise, biweekly/monthlies are almost always successes, if only because it'd be impossible to get 2-4 books with as much sales. With individual books, they'd also all need to have their own editorial teams, they're own marketing, etc.
3) So, as long as the artists and writers are happy with the bi-weekly setup, it will take a while before it actually ends. Until then, it'll effectively print money for DC for the next 2 years.
4) Also, all things considered it'll take pretty low sales for a bi-weekly to be cancelled. And at that point, it'll be CANCELLED -- not moved to monthly (which would be the dumber thing to do). Going to monthly won't suddenly make the sales improve, and you're more likely to have two new monthlies or one new bi-weekly get bigger numbers.

DC, in general, has only experimented with bi-weekly in big events that were intended to end at a certain point. This is a completely different thing: there's honestly no precedence for something this big within the Big 2. It'd be silly to suggest we'd know what will happen.

>AC/Superman

Honestly, I'm exactly the opposite. Tomasi's work as of late (which, admittedly, might just be because DCYou has been making every writer look like shit) has been extremely mediocre, if not bad.

Jurgens' Lois and Clark run has been great -- I'd even call it a breath of fresh air among recent Superman stories.

>All Star Batman

To be perfectly fair to Snyder, he had a tremendous amount of pressure on him to make Batman the "big, epic, blockbuster" book for DC. He's delivered good work when he has more freedom, so I think ASB could be decent in that regard.

I know this isn't related to Rebirth, but what about Batman Earth 1 Volume 3? Or Miller/Lee's Dark Knight, Boy wonder?

Also, are they really giving up on Earth-2? It thought it sold decently?

See for Earth-2. It's still being continued, with Abnett as the writer, and has been solicited up to July's #14.

And I'm assuming Johns and Lee are too busy with things to finish/start those projects. Johns was basically the architect of Rebirth, the COO of DC Comics, and he's an involved part of Affleck's Batman movie. Lee is drawing Suicide Squad for the time being.

Laim Sharpe's Wonder Woman work looks so fucking good!

I'll pirate the first issue of all of them and see what I like.

The only ones I'm excited about are Young Animal books, Flinstones and Deathstroke. The Rebirth line-up looks pretty boring in general.

>Aquman
>Red Hood
>Blue Beetle
>New Super-man
>Deathstroke
>Wonder Woman
>and maybe Hal&GLC

Batman and Superman were in the list, but I decided to pull them off because I am not impressed so far. Though, I might give Batman a chance.

>Tomasi's work as of late has been extremely mediocre, if not bad.
Yeah I do agree, which is why I'm not completely sold on him being on Superman.

>Jurgens' Lois and Clark run has been great I'd even call it a breath of fresh air among recent Superman stories.
Completely disagree. It's very middle of the road. And couple that with the fact that Action Comics looks to be rehashing a lot of the stuff Jurgens did in the 90s makes me very wary of it.

>he had a tremendous amount of pressure on him to make Batman the "big, epic, blockbuster" book for DC
[citation needed]

>He's delivered good work when he has more freedom
Yeah, I hardly believe he didn't have freedom writing for Batman. And I'm not a fan of his Wytches series, but tbf that's more to do with the art. In general it's Snyder's writing style that puts me off more than his plotting.

>but what about Batman Earth 1 Volume 3?
It is indeed happening and work on it has started, but it'll be done when it's done.

>Miller/Lee's Dark Knight, Boy wonder
That's all on Lee. I'm not expecting it to ever happen but Lee did joke about it when talking about him doing twice a month Suicide Squad.

Honestly I was really hype at first but everything seems like I should just tradewait. Probably only pulling Blue Beetle and Gotham Academy.

>Action Comics is being written by Jurgens (who is largely mediocre) and focusing on Doomsday (a terrible villain) I don’t think it’ll be terrible just incredibly middling.

Yeah that looks like a solid 1.0 on the Jurgens scale. I don't understand how people are that excited for it especially after reading Lois and Clark. Unless they have just given up hoping for a quality Superman book and will accept mediocrity, but I look at the writers on Batman and WW and it makes me mad that Clark's books won't be great too.

Could be worse of course, at least it's not where GL is.

> Hype
Wonder Woman
Batman
Nightwing
Super Sons
Young Animal
Flintstones
Future Quest

> Will check out
All Star Batman
New Super-man
Supergirl
BOP
HJGLC
Blue Beetle

> Will check out but my expectations are very low
Green Lanterns
Green Arrow

>I fell off Gotham Academy, but I’ll give it another try with the relaunch: Gotham Academy Second Semester.

Cloonan coming back will help. I think that Yearbook arc was pure filler to keep the book in people's minds instead of having it go on hiatus for half a year.

Johns said he'd do it as an Aquaman arc with Abnett and Reis, but I don't really consider him trustworthy at this point. He might want to do it but plans change a lot with him.

>I don't understand how people are that excited for it especially after reading Lois and Clark.
People unironically think Lois and Clark is a great book. I mean it's nto bad but it's very middle of the road

>I look at the writers on Batman and WW and it makes me mad that Clark's books won't be great too.
I feel the same way. Get some A list talent on Superman

I fell off before the Yearbook arc. An issue or two before the Robin War tie-in

>Wonder Woman
>Hellblazer

That's it. FWIW I'm looking forward to the Young Animal line too, it looks less boring.

Green Arrow
'Tec
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Blue Beetle
Flash
Batgirl
Trinity
Everything Young Animal

Yeah, maybe he goes and start shilling WW movie.
Fag.

Fair enough, I think that was around the Tim issue which was probably the worst of the main story ones.

Dark Knight, Boy Wonder will never happen. Lee/Miller? It won't stand a snowball's chance in hell of ever hitting the shelves.

Yeah, I think that was the last one I read

Batman
Justice League
Trinity
New Superman

That is literally all I'm getting as nothing else seems interesting.

Trinity might be the rare "buy for the art" book. I'm not really impressed by anything Manapul has written but him and Mann will produce a gorgeous title.

It is to some extent. Johns seems to be quite self aware.

All the Bat Titles Sans Batgirl and RHatO
Super Sons
Teen Titans
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
Justice League
Death Stroke
Super Chinaman
Might look at Aquaman.

What's there to wait and see with Blue Beetle? Keith Giffen, Scott Kolins, Jaime Reyes, Ted Kord, and Doctor Fate! That book is screaming must buy!

>all Bat title
>means pulling Jurgens Batman Beyond
What's wrong with you?