How can I legally get out of paying UK TV licence

Apparently you can if you prove you dont watch live tv-but i thought the only reason you paid this was for the BBC?
Any UK anons can give help
>inb4 other countries laugh at us for having to pay for tv
yes its stupid, but please, advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvlicenceresistance.info/
youtube.com/watch?v=TnGG8SEYDoQ
tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/telling-us-you-dont-need-a-tv-licence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what a fucking shithole of a country, leave my board now.

Guernsey BTFO

My CS professor was from the UK and she went on a rant about this shit.

Apparently the only way to find out that you even have a TV is if they send auditors to look through your window.

Just keep your television hidden I guess?

You can't. It is your duty as a citizen to pay for the BBC's multiculturalism

>smart americans start these threads
>dumb americans read them
>dumb americans go to their local 7/11 and discuss with jamal that brits need to pay a license for their tv lest they be arrested
>jamal rapes and kills their wife

makes you think

THEY have to prove that you watch TV. If you don't let them in your house, they can't prove it. The people who get fined are the ones who admit to watching TV then refuse to pay.

Don't let them in your house. They'll say things like "We need to come in" but it's bullshit, they have NO right to enter your property.

If they knock at your door say "I Don't watch TV" and close the door. Simple.

No its changed now, if you have the internet and any device that can access iplayer you have to pay the licence fee

Viva la resistance!

tvlicenceresistance.info/

Nope. Absolute bullshit.

do you have a licence to prove this is your board cuck?

here's what you do lad

youtube.com/watch?v=TnGG8SEYDoQ

if you can only get caught by watching "live tv" just buy a used Tivo or something and DVR everything.

since you're not watching anything as it airs live they can''t fine you 1000 pounds.

imagine having a job as a "tv licensing enforcement officer." that's even lower than a meter maid.

actualy i am a uk citizen, im moving where i will be sole resident and i dont want to pay the paedos at bbc to make their shitty programmes.

>tfw forgot to pay for my spoon license again

thank you friend! i read they can get search warrants to come in and snoop!

This.

>"To whom it may concern
>
>Please refrain from harassing me with threatening letters. I do not watch live television. If you continue to send threatening letters, I will be forced to take legal action. If you send an inspector around, they will be denied access. This is the only contact you will hear from me before I get a lawyer involved."

I sent them an email along those lines and got one final letter saying they wouldn't contact me again. It's not hard OP

no its true for bbciplayer-more reason to not watch the fucking bbc

is tha tom hiddleston?

They'll NEVER get a search warrant because there's NO evidence a crime has been commited.

Just close the door mate.

thanks bro!

>outright pay for TV
>ZERO free speech
>"""blastemy""" laws
They really do disgust me.

Glad to help.

I almost had a fight with one a few months ago who'd put his foot in my door-frame and tried to force entry. They bully people, it's ridiculous.

Watch that vid

i am and its making me laugh "you little pervert"

i have a tv but i only use it for gaming, also its really old. i mostly watch youtube these days and i fucking hate the bbc so hopefully this all goes well and i dont get bothered.

>white people talking to niggers in america

Do you know how I know that you really are not amercian?

the way it works is that they ask if they can come in (you don't legally have to let them in under any circumstance) and they have to verify that any tv in your house is actually being used to watch the bbc live

Why don't you just pirate your shit and not pay tv license?

how tf would they do that? its a shame you cannot block live tv on the tv.

Hang on. So they can't legally make you pay the bill? As long as you don't get caught watching tv?

they also just made it so that streaming pirated streams on kodi carries a maximum 10-year prison sentence.

What an absolute shithole.
United Kingdom of Islam on suicide watch tonight

Is it only the boxes? What about if you have the add on off the internet? And how do they prove if someone has them? Can they track you with your internet history as it uses links?

Don't forget about the law passed last year that allows almost any government department access to your internet history anytime they want, it literally just requires a manager to sign off

think it applies on pretty much any device, and most likely goes beyond kodi.

Why don't they make it impossible to watch without a license then? This retarded logic is used all over Europe. In Portugal for example, you have to pay for a subway ticket but there are no turnstiles, so everyone walks on without paying.

I can't believe you can get 10 years in prison for pirating a fucking tv show.

the whole point is i dont watch live tv anyway

Blame all the normies who caught on to kodi and started selling boxes with it pre-installed, they are everywhere now

How good are these free vpns on Google chrome?

apart from london the police don't really do anything in britain

crime is low in most places and the peelian principles of police officers means you don't see any active enforcement

Correct.

That's bullshit, nice bait though.

Read the article. If you are "making a business" from selling illegally loaded kodi boxes then you can be prosecuted.

"Making a Business"

that would entail remotely disabling television and monitor functionality across the country, wouldn't it? people can still get pirated satellite programming with the right tuner, and also the whole IPTV trend going on right now.

The US does it with cable boxes you get through your provider.

The reporting on it is a little muddy from the dozen articles I've found, but another article from the Independent (major newspaper in the UK) mentions the prosecution also standards for "illegally streaming copyrighted content".

>scotland
>train station is unmanned like most
>get on a train
>conductor asks if you have a ticket
>"do you take credit card?"
>they just look at you then walk off
>you ride for free everywhere

unless you're going to a central station this works every time

Why are they so harsh on Guernsey?

>it's americucks pretend they don't have state funded broadcasting thread

this again, really?

I don't know how it works in the UK with the "free" channels funded by the government out there. it most likely is cable, but it isn't dependent on a box.

Yeah, its obvious that the law was brought in because of all the kodi boxes being sold but I think the wording is a bit ambiguous. There could still be the potential of people getting charged for streaming, though I think it would be unlikely

why would you tell lies on the internet?

what has tv licencing go to do with islam?

Get rid of your tv and tell them you don't watch on demand

/thread

Which is retarded, especially when they spend all the time and money threatening to fine people and paying employees to go around harassing them at their homes.

>did they pay their tv license?
>if no, shut off cable in their home

fucking bongs

Just don't pay, if they knock at your door tell them to get fucked or you use your TV's exclusively for games consoles.

So if you refuse entry and refuse to pay the bill they literally start peeking through the windows?

Isn't that invasion of privacy and you could sue them?

And how often do they start coming around if you refuse?

This whole situation seems bizarre.

Sort yourselves out, brits.

>imagine having a job as a "tv licensing enforcement officer." that's even lower than a meter maid.
But not as low as a Sup Forums janitor

yes the uk government/bbc are trying to fine us for watching anything that we havent paid the bbc for, even stuff on the internet its insane.

Not him. But it's the BBC. They're pushing their agenda on us. Have you ever watched the FA cup on the BBC? They always pan to the fans, which is great, except those "fans" are always the same "people"... those "people" are the brown ones... the dirty dirty brown ones

I have a fucking ton of guns right here and a couple of bullets with your name somewhere. How's that for a licence, you spineless muslim coward?

"sunday express"

hmm really makes you ponder

Don't spread fake news

>You don’t need a TV Licence if you:
>never watch or record programmes on any channel as they’re being shown on TV or live on an online TV service, and
>never download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.

tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/telling-us-you-dont-need-a-tv-licence

they need a seperate machine for credit card transactions. no one ever pays by credit so they need to get it and start it up

>Tfw when I made £187k selling Chinese clone boxes on Amazon, eBay and gumtree.

I'll be neet for the rest of my days

I don't know if your telling the truth, but damn I wish I got into that early

Can you give me some money m8?

There is no cable, retard

well the revenue they get from licensing most likely more than covers the cost of those minimum wage jobs for would-be sex offenders, but I think it's more a way of keeping the peasants in line by kicking their asses now and again.

52%

In England seeing America on tv it really does look a lot more free. It looks like there is a lot of opportunity to just do whatever the fuck you want. especially because of how big it is

i dont know, maybe there are hobbits that live there and they dont have the same human rights so get charged more.

Blasphemy was for fucking Ireland you dumb fucking cunt. Germany and Austria also pay TV licenses, but you don't laugh at them. Trump literally cut FUNDING paid for by TAX to PBS et al. Guess what, chum? USA pays for TV as well.

>freely broadcasting TV that anyone can access
>get assmad when people don't pay for it
Your government propaganda machine is literally retarded

Sadiq Khan

It's an Ireland which is where you can escape some laws of England. I think.

USA passed a law allow you to buy peoples search history.

Wrong. It's for making a business out of it, not for using it, READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE.

Yeah but we don't have hired thugs knocking at our door and invading our privacy to make sure we got our tv on and tuned to the latest BBC drivel.

again thats nothing to do with islam, especially given the bbc is run by jews.

not all brown people are muslims, where i live they are mostly hindu.

name 5 things

Just pay it you fucking tight bastard. The BBC is worth it.

what's the justification for this "law"?

>t. obese burger

every. fucking. time.

BTFO

>Wrong. It's for making a business out of it, not for using it, READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE.

Make sure to argue semantics and the fine points of the law with some lughead that knocks on your door every other day because you refuse to let him in so he can sniff around.

Google Mayor of London. Done? Okay.

Now Google "LORD MAYOR of London". Now you know that Mayor of London is a publicity role; HE HAS NO FUCKING POWER YOU DUMB CUNT.

Also, Obama was literally a Muslims Kenyan. A nigger as well LOL. 8 fucking years of a nigger president.

Somebody's gotta maintain the invisible wires used for radio waves

>Don't spread fake news
where did i do that? i said they are now changing it so if you watch bbciplayer you have to have licence.

>especially given the bbc is run by jews.

Yes that's right fall for their control like a bitch and take your dick in your arse.

>not all brown people are muslims, where i live they are mostly hindu.

Same thing aren't they

It's for any sort of digital copyright infringement, but most articles are speculating that they will primarily target people making a business from it or those illegally hosting the content.

And they have no legal right to do so, so you wave bye bye. You guys are so fucking stupid it really baffles me.

Its really not. Sometimes they have interesting documentaries but thats not worth the cost

5what?

t. old age pensioner

Oh yeah fucking eastenders is great

Yeah and now prepare to do that exact same routine every other day because they won't stop showing up since it's their job to extort money out of you and prove you're lying.

Someone wish me a good night's sleep

When will they stop? After you show them you don't have a tv? Even though you may have hid it? Or what if you actually just use it for games or DVDs?

I hope you can't sleep and are awake all night

you also said
>if you have the internet and any device that can access iplayer you have to pay the licence fee

Which is untrue

Having a device capable of accessing iPlayer does not mean you have to pay

The actual act of accessing it means you have to pay

Because there are no white people in Blobistan?

Barack Obama