What would you consider the greatest quote in comic books to be?

What would you consider the greatest quote in comic books to be?

Im torn between

"With great power there must also come great responsibility"

and

"This is an imaginary story. Aren't they all?"

HORSECOCK!

>Bueno

Th-there's hope...There is ALWAYS hope...

Time to save the world!

And there's nothing a teacher wants more then a student who surpasses her.

Closely followed by madness is the emergency exit.

why was Final Crisis so lit?

"Is that a monkey?"
"He's got a gun!"

This page always gives me goosebumps

And then Jessie robbed a bank right after this arc.

Martha

Oh that pshyic aids stuff in that hellblazer issue was pretty good to I can't remember the exact line though.

The weed of crime bears bitter fruit.

I find myself enjoying "The end" more and more.

This.

It's not a positive one, but it's one of the best ones to sum up Norman Osborn.

"Glad I never washed this uniform. Smells Death, blonds and victory."

I've always wondered if Punisher 2099's dialouge was supposed to be tongue in cheek or if the writer was really trying to make him all gritty

I have a sneaking suspicion it's the latter not the former.

NYYAARRRGGGG

The level of self-awareness seemed to vary from page to page, but there was definitely a satiric streak in that book

"My first poopy was my best poopy."

"He wished for a happy ending"

One of the most cringe inducing lines I've ever come across.

>"With great power there must also come great responsibility"
Is there an elseworld story where Spiderman startet forcing new people developing super powers in becoming super heroes with out their consent, since superhumans are oblidged to do good or otherwise are seen as villains in his eyes?

jesus no

>this'll get em blogging

pure fucking cringe

"You're all Superman now"

Christ alive.

I get that they're trying to go with some Movie synergy here in trying to give him a funny line a la Guardians of the Galaxy's character banter but fuck me is this an awful attempt.

I really wish they wouldn't. For some characters, like Stark, it's great. Nor for Doc Strange.

Speaking of Stark, I wish they'd get the style of humour right at fucking least.

RDJ's Stark when written at his best plays the humour in a very dry way, with some of his amusing lines just being in the middle of a sentence.

I love the MCU but I hate what it's done to Marvels comics.

>Dystopian future where Spiderman runs the superhuman police
>All superhumans are forcibly conscripted or hunted down
This would be so good

>Superman will never hand you a bottle of whisky while reassuring you that everything will be okay

To be fair, Strange is talking to Stark there.

How does that make this line any less cringey?

It doesn't, it just gives you a reason behind it.

Wasn't he just repeating what Stark told him earlier, IIRC?

Is there a character marvel hasn't ruined in the last decade?

That doesn't make it any better

Yep.

I dunno, call me weird, but with a title like "SORCERER SUPREME" I'd want a little less levity out of him.

Besides, I've always seen most of Stark's Quips as him more amusing himself than trying to make the people around him laugh, but maybe that's just me.

>I dunno Phil, are you a nigger?

Yeah the quote doesn't work for Tony either. It's more like a spiderman quip, it's a little too teenage fangirly. Tony would say something like
>love the beard, we must go to the same barber.
In a super dry, deadpan way

"It's not who I'm underneath, but what I do that defines me"
Literally kino

"Goodnight, bat-signal. Goodnight, stars in the big night sky. Goodnight. Goodbye. Goodnight."

is this based or cringe Sup Forums?

It was a callback to one of Stark's earlier lines.
Of course, the correct way to follow that up would be "...Christ, Strange, work on your delivery."

Captain No-Compromise Libertarian is confirmed cringe

A version of that quote showed up in Civil War, I just remembered

It's retarded and has become a way for people who act like cunts just because they feel like it to justify their cuntiness.

"I'm just standing up for what I believe regardless of consequences or societal pressure"
-KKK, WBC, US Nazi Party, Sup Forums, tumblr, Manson, McVeigh, ISIS, Jared Fogel [joint statement]

>fuck what the NATION decides, this got-damn country was founded by slaveholdin' men who believed in standing up for their PRINCIPLES

Thanks for remindingme how stupid Christian Bale looked and sounded in those movies.

WHERE ARE THEY?!

Technically, it doesn't say to ignore the opinions of others. Just that you have to stand your ground if you KNOW you're right. He doesn't say anything about how to know you're right. Just that if you're right, don't bend to pressure.

Its sort of out of character for Cap. This is a guy who watched his buddies die face down in the muck on behalf of his government. I really doubt he would be all gung-ho about people deciding that their own principles are more important than what society tells them to do.

"I know I'm right." -Jerry Sandusky, balls-deep in a minor

>WHURS-THE-TRIGGRRRR

hows it work in the movie?

C-List to Stratosphere

One Panel and One Follow-up Issue

>tfw your edit has been reposted by multiple people
At least I've done one good thing in this life time.
Anyway, best quote for me would be just about anything that came out of Cap's mouth during the good the bad and the ugly.

this guy gets it

This one allways gets me.

Sharon Carter says it at Peggy's funeral. I can't remember the specifics of what she says, but I guess Peggy said it to her when she was a youngin' and asking why she stuck with the military or something.

An abridged version of it is read out at Peggy's funeral.

Pretty well, since it's not Cap who says it. Sharon Carter gave it as part of her eulogy at Peggy's funeral.

>mfw there's a variation of this quote on Captain America Civil War

Isn't this how Superman acted in Public Enemies?

People raised on comic books write shitty political allegories.

But it's actually done pretty well though

"you got a lifetime"

I always liked this exchange

My favorite Wolverine

I agree. Never has 8 words told a better story.

Obvious really, there are a bunch of great pieces of memorable text from Simonson's run

It's the next page that blows my mind. You can fucking hear the swelling music.

This is probably mine.

Bill is my waifu

You'd have no idea what it's trying to say if you didn't know about Superman though.

Come in out of the rain.

Pretty much everyone in the western world knows Superman though

Are you serious? How stupid do you have to be to not see the page you are referring to as a joke?

True. Never have 8 words distilled 70+ years of convoluted, often conflicting history into an iconic, mythical whole better, though.

10 minutes later and I can't think of anything but this.

Even though the animated version was kind of poor, the theme it had was fucking godlike.

I adore that theme

Everytime I see this scene I think to myself, "that's some awesome stretchy, puncture proof fabric".

You say that mate, but I remember the 90's. I remember the unironic over the top edgy designs that were supposed to be cool. I remember some of the cringy dialogue.

With the 90's you can never be too sure.

That Zimmer theme from MoS is so perfect the way it builds.

The best quote in comics is "This isn't a mudhole, it's an operating table. And I'm the surgeon"

"They showed me the world only makes sense when you force it to."

The panel is cool and super important but something about "I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" makes it just feel better.

ITT: Retards.