Green Arrow Rebirth preview

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cVRiADlDEig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The author said that green arrow is a SJW. Should i pick the book after reading that?

Green arrow has been a SJW since the 60s

>OLLIE is a 'Social Justice Warrior'

I can see the REEEEEEEEEEEE's now.

I love how Black Canary looks like a reasonably priced hooker now.

I have never read green arrow, except for the black canary/green arrow stuff were tht sre married. What I'm supposed to expect from this rebirth stuff? Also, I like that art a lot but I don't want a tumblrish story

>I prefer the job description of the social justice warrior

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I CAN SEE IT NOW. SOMEONE GAY OR TRANS WILL JOIN HIS TEAM. OLIVER WILL DENY CALORIES IN VS CALORIES OUT AND SAY ALL FAT PEOPLE ARE VICTIMS.

FUCK. THE AGENDA IS REAL.

>looks like a reasonably priced hooker
I'm not familiar with buying hookers. What is a "reasonable price" for a hooker?

>THE AGENDA IS REAL.
That's been Ollie's agenda since the 60s.

>prefer the description of social justice warrior
fucking no...just no. You're a super hero Ollie. Social justice warriors do not don hoods and bows and actually make a difference

It seems kind of early for lettered previews already but I guess I don't mind

No.

Oliie fought the elite; he fought for those who needed help; the downtrodden.

SJW today means trans gay gender fluid fat thin anorexic depression.

Read a fucking comic Sup Forums

WHAT IS THIS?! WHERE IS THE IMPORTANT CHARACTER?!

Green Arrow has always been a left-leaning character ever since he broke out of his status of Batman Lite, back in the day that was actually cool, it made him stand out from the crowd, but these days... Well, let's just hope the SJW comment was tongue in cheek.

Well, the art looks fantastic.

>SJW today means trans gay gender fluid fat thin anorexic depression.
>thin
No. Thin people are the devil who are blessed with good genetics.

That's exactly why you should pick it up. Being a sjw has been Ollie's most important characteristic since the 60s, runs that ignore that always end up being shit.

Ollie looks like a teenager with a glued on goatee.

Stop being a faggot. If you don't like it go read something else.

Implying

>that cover
Is Dinah jailbait now, because I might actually be down with that.

lmao, get fucked

Variety is the spice of life. Everyone has an opinion; learn to accept that and you'll live a happier life.

Get ready for him to back down super hard when Felicity shows up in a splash page at the end of #7 of the run.

WHY DID THEY KEEP PERCY ON AS THE WRITER FOR THIS BOOK? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Variety is the spice of life.
Says the guy who comes to a thread about a leftist character to complain about the fact that they're leftist.
There are dozens of other characters and books out there, why complain about this one of all of them?

Damn that Black Canary redesign looks like shit. Fletcher was a kinda mediocre writer but I really liked Annie Wu's art on the last volume.

>Fishnets
>Leather jacket
>No high heels
I don't see the problem user, it's a pretty basic BC design.

>Why do some people like coca cola and not pepsi?
>Why do some people like Batman over Superman?
>Why do some people like Dominos Pizza over Papa Johns?

Some people will like it; some people will hate it. You can't handle the fact I don't like the new direction of this book? Man of Steel is a shit movie; how do you feel about me saying that? Why are you such a cum guzzling cuckold?

Ollie has to be updated for modern times. This is who he is, an obnoxious liberal.

I think it looks bad in the variant OP posted but it looks better on the interior pages and the BoP teaser art they've released.

>Actually calling himself an SJW.

It's sad to see this acronym jump the boat so hard. 2014 was definitely a watershed moment.

Liking something doesn't mean you have to act like a complete retard whenever you see that someone likes something different.
People who like Coke don't go about throwing autistic tantrums at people who like Pepsi.

A bit early, but the June Rebirth scripts (and mind you, GA Rebirth is out June 1st) were sent in a long time ago.

Does he harbor an extreme amount of "White guilt"?

So it's illegal to criticize things now? Ok Mr Safe Space.

Fucking hell I'm in stitches right now; where do you think we are? Reddit? You're telling me people aren't allowed to criticize or point out flaws on this board? Are you a dictator? Are you the future Hitler?

Yeah it just seems like DC usually waits until a week or two before release. They don't even usually do the unlettered previews like Marvel does, though maybe they will start since they released some of the WW pages early.

Tbqh now you're saying he shouldn't criticize your criticism. Both of you need to get over yourselves.

You guys do know that the term Social Justice Warrior has been corrupted right?

MLK, Ghandi, The Buddha

All "SJWs"

>So it's illegal to criticize things now? Ok Mr Safe Space.
Straw-man a little harder, will you?

yeah they're just triggered because of internet slacktivism not the real definition

It's still overwritten.

Sup Forums, in regards to Tumblr, has never known what they're talking about. This is fine, of course, because Tumblr, in regards to Sup Forums, doesn't know what they're talking about either.

These new inner monologue boxes are minty fresh.

Art looks great. I really like the CWverse costume on him. Hopefully the stories are good too. Percy's been capable, just mediocre.

Pretty sure it's a joke guys
Ollie would hate keyboard warriors and is still a cheeky guy

This is fair. Way too much in the third panel in particular. That really should have been cut down but I get that Rebirth is meant to be somewhat introductory.

>Compund bow
Not Muh Green arrow

Do you guys prefer Seattle or Star city?

Last ones weren't as classy.

>SJW today means trans gay gender fluid fat thin anorexic depression.
Come on user. It's people who bitch about everything, and behave like every expression that may come at the expense of someone is done with malicious intent, but realistically don't do a fucking thing to make things better.
Percy just doesn't get it yet. He doesn't realize that SJW has taken on a completely different connotation in the post "check your privilege" era. I think he is just using it in the most straight, unironic way possible.

Was he even trying with that shot?

I like Seattle, it sets him apart from the rest of the DCU in a way and grounds him more in reality. Plus what's Star City really known for except getting it's ass blasted again and again.

>going straight to Nazis
Goddammit Ollie

an SJW in Seattle makes more sense

Starling City seems like a good compromise.

How many times did Ollie call Hal jackbooted thug?

I think BC is older than GA so that just makes her a petite Ara Ara

Warning shots are customary for inconclusive encounters. For all he knew the hooded figure could've been the boy's father.

>a petite Ara Ara
Even better.

The artist has come a long way from Innocent Sick girls.

Dickgirls. Stupid auto-correct.

For some reason, I don't think it is. Because of it being co-opted by GG, I legit saw general liberal people declaring themselves SJWs.

Fucking Percy, learn to let the images do the talking.

I hope Percy can cut down on his monologuing and narration and start using artists.

I'm optimistic. He has a good handle on Ollie as a character, and double-shipping should help his pacing problems.

It was his nickname for Hal. That's what he has him under his contacts.

Still works

Green Arrow should be wordy though.

>a curvy petite ara ara with an ass you can bounce a roll of quarters off of
Best

I miss Hard Travelling Heroes in New 52.

This isn't about like or not like. Ollie has always been like this. If you don't like that, fine, but complaining about "agenda-pushing" and so on is dumb, when this is how the character has always been.

Never pay less than $180

Yeah, but saying it in those exact words on page one was done for a reason, and while I'm going to be checking this book out, I don't like that reason.

Also, why is Dinah dressing so much less cool in Rebirth? She always had cool looking outfits in Tarr's Batgirl and the solo.

The thing is, writer is a novelist and he hasn't learnt to use the visual medium. You know how Snyder's writing is wordy but he knows to let the art breathe and shine, well Percy doesn't.

Cause Fletcher, Tarr, Wu they all put the effort in.

>but he knows to let the art breathe and shine
He doesn't.

SJW ment something COMPLETELY diffrent back then though man, now days sjws literally find problems where their are none because they need to further the hate and anger that divides a socicity. SWJS these days complain that Danny Rand is cast as a white man, sjws back in the day were complaining that a black girl who was going to school was beaten, killed and hung for no reason other than she was black. Today sjws will complain when a guy shouts out a cat call at some super hot chick dressed to kill stating that she's not dressing that way to get guys to stare, back in the day sjws were complaining because 18 year old boys were getting shipped off to die for opium in Vietnam. There is a diffrence here, being a SJW today is not a good thing, and shouldn't be pandered to.

If he's written fine in the book why does it matter what they call him? You're assuming it's being used in a way that you describe with no evidence of that.

They're just using a buzzword to do exactly what the term was coined for: Generate buzz, don't expect Green Arrow to patrol Tumblr to get to shitlords or something.

It's potentially a good sign that he is an SJW, even if you don't like the SJW mentality.
Ollie has always been a far left leaning person, he always sticks up for the little guy and hates government and the supposed unfair system.

I'm just remembering Batgirl

That's a fair concern, and Batgirl is more what happens when a writer lets the ideology take over in certain aspects of your work.

However I don't think Ollie will have that same problem, Green Arrow's writer is using the buzz word to indicate that Ollie is embracing the way of the far left leaning views in todays society but in hero role, instead of tumblr/twitter activist lifestyle.
Basically it's a more modern take on Ollie from the 60s, who knows maybe he will travel America again trying to bring down the man

Why? Those writers aren't writing this book. Don't project other problems on it. If it sucks then it sucks, but try being logical rather than emotional and actually analyze the existing flaws rather than freaking out about what MIGHT happen.

>So it's illegal to criticize things now?
You're not criticizing anything though. You're just seeing a historically leftist character getting back to his roots and then sperging the fuck out.

Probably because the current definition of SJW is "slightly left of center" rather than the original definition of "far left extremist." When you constantly call anyone that isn't "alt-right" an SJW, then you shouldn't be surprised when people that aren't actually SJWs misunderstand the original intended meaning and start adopting it as a term of endearment.

Is this Ferreyra on art, because it doesn't look much like him. Maybe can't recognise it because of the shit coloring.

No, Schmidt is drawing

youtube.com/watch?v=cVRiADlDEig

That short was still really good. Shame they never did anything more with it.

I wish they made more

I always liked in Year One where he used Howard Hills personal longbow.