Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12917992
youtube.com/watch?v=s3Qixy6-BdA
youtube.com/watch?v=MogTR2RpcSU
youtube.com/watch?v=goNNHSHPE9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post the lewdest Who creatures.

willy

Is Oxygen really delayed until the 20th?

I'm jk. Oxygen is on on the 13th at 7:15

LEAST WORST POLL

LEAST WORST POLL

LEAST WORST POLL

strawpoll.me/12917992

g'wan ladz

LEAST WORST POLL

LEAST WORST POLL

LEAST WORST POLL

Doesn't get much lewder than this

Aliens of London and Daleks in Manhattan.

the power of three is comfy af, it's just the villain is stupid and shit and ruins the last 5 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=s3Qixy6-BdA

this is one of the best scenes of the moffat era desu

Yeah actually the Power of Three is good. I just always remember the cringey line at the end.

>still no vulvoids
shamefur

>every gatiss episode has a vote

Show yourself Mark

Reminder that Chibnall Who will be series 1 tier kino.
Reminder that Chibnall will be remember as Robert Holmes of its time.

>someone in this thread RIGHT NOW actually likes Sleep No More

Just so you know I'd close door 40 on you

Some of the episodes since have been technically better, but none of them have actually pleased and excited me as much as The Pilot. I think it's because it had a level of confidence in setting out a new era of the show that the next three episodes have lacked (generally by not entirely knowing what they were doing; in contrast The Pilot had a paper-thin plot but was extremely purposeful).
Stuff like the Doctor's lecture about time intercutting with Bill's first seeing Heather, the Doctor going back in time to give Bill photos of her mum, the presence of Nardole bringing a dynamic we haven't really had before, the idea of starting out on a weird tragic romance, and even just how artfully certain moments were directed like the scene in Bill's bathroom, all of it indicated not just an attempt to find a slightly new texture for Doctor Who but also to make it seem effortless. Whereas between Smile, Thin Ice and Knock Knock, we've had basically just varying degrees of success at 'Doctor Who template episode'.

I think the start of Moff's serious-business mini arc will pick things up though.

What episode would be like if Kubrick written and directed a who episode?

Any era.

Fuck off whoever voted The Doctor's Daughter

why has there never been a good child actor in nu-who

Empty Child child

Caitlin Blackwood as little Amelia.

>after all these years we have finally become the power of three
What was Chibnall thinking?

>AoL/ WWIII
>9 votes

Has someone been naughty?

At the end of the day I'm just glad Harry was OK

What was the exact moment series 5 went down the shitter?

I agree this is a great scene.

>

>this ENTIRE list

>no Boom Town

>no Turn Left

River Song

It did not. Debatably Big Bang but it was rather good compared to some shitty finales.

who was the qt paki in ep 4? anyone found her instagram?

>no Turn Left
What you on about everyone likes Turn Left

It didn't? In fact it's actually an example of a series where the later half is generally stronger than the first half.

It's a great 9/11 story, people get too hung up on the "dude farts lmao" aspect

the beast below
victory of the daleks
the bit in flesh and stone where moffat decides to just completely disregard/ retcon how the angels fucking work
cold blood is awful too except the crackshit

however eleventh hour, amy's choice, vincent + the doctor, the lodger + the finale are all god tier so i'm torn. i always remember the series fondly overall but it does have a lot of garbo

>Chibnall Who series 11 will be GOAT.

>Series 12 will be not as good.

>Series 13 will also not as good as s11, but better then s12, and will be the most viewed TV show in the UK.

Same as Broadchurch. Chibnall has had his DW 3 series arc planned for decades.

>it does have a lot of garbo
You listed 3 and a bit episodes out of 13, as NuWho runs go I think that's pretty redeemable.

So, Knock Knock.

Solid 8/10?

It was the first episode this season I actually enjoyed, so yes.

No
7.5 if we're being generous. As soon as the exposition about the wooden girl started to come, the dramatic throughline got completely muddled. I honestly felt sorry for Suchet having to try and go all emotional for those undercooked as fuck plot developments.
Also the sudden rezzing of all the dead housemates felt totally throwaway.

What episode is the music that plays at the end of some clips on the BBC channel from?

youtube.com/watch?v=MogTR2RpcSU

This has been bugging me for ages. I feel like it's from a Moffat era christmas ep, but idk which one

It's a section from the soundtrack album version of I Am The Doctor. It's just the bit you never actually hear in an episode.

>no The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe option for me to not pick

Hello Thirteen (From ''Doctor Who - Twelfth Night'').mp3

Yes, that would be a nice idea if it were hypothetically to one day exist.

if the christmas special isn't called twelfth night i will genuinely blow up a hospital

Destroying the house was the worst bit. you can rez the friends if it means Bill got to keep an unusual living situation. Why does the companion home life always have to be entirely regular. Bill's bug mansion coulda been a great fixture

I doubt they could secure it to film in all series let alone afford to justify it by having the CGI bugs pop up repeatedly.

Grandfather (From ''Doctor Who - Twelfth Night'').mp3

The Christmas special will be named The Doctor Rises
Screencap this

One and twelve makes thirteen.

The Christmas special is actually titled 12+1 as it's an adventure with the 12th and 1st doctors before the regeneration

For /who/.

Goodbye Twelve (From ''Doctor Who - Twelfth Night'').mp3

Who misses off-season /who/?

A Chance Encounter (From ''Doctor Who - Twelfth Night'').mp3

>moffat decides to just completely disregard/ retcon how the angels fucking work

What additions to the angels did you not like? I didn't like how all of a sudden the ones from Blink were just weak scavengers.

neither would really need to. just knowing she lived in a bug house coulda been neat. I get securing the mansion for more filming but that coulda been like a day of filming for any eps that start there. they could have sets for the rooms if they really needed to. I mean fuck you could make entirely different rooms and just say they tamed the bugs to change the inside of the house to more contemporary. no cost no CG bugs.

It's like how Cordelia in Angel lived with a ghost. I just wish the weirdness was made regular like that.

PRISONER ZERO WILL VACATE THE HUMAN RESIDENCE, OR THE HUMAN RESIDENCE WILL OPEN DOOR 40 BURN WITH ME HUNGRYYYYYYYYYY FEEEEEEEEED MEEEEEEEEEEE WORSHIP HIM WORSHIP HIM BROTHER OF MINE THE WALLS ARE MADE OF GOLD ARE YOU MY MUMMY DON'T EVEN BLINK JUST THIS ONCE EVERYBODY LIVES BANANAS ARE GOOD YES WE HAVE A CHILDREN'S MENU YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK GOODBYE LUPUS DEUS EST KOOKABURRA SITS ON THE OLD GUM TREE WE MUST FEED BO KO FRO TO MO LO HEY WHO TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS THERE'S SOMETHING ON YOUR BACK PRAISE HIM I WILL REACH THE PROMISED LAND YOU SHOULD KILL US ALL ON SIGHT MAKE PEACE WITH YOUR GODS I KNOW GALLIFREY FALLS NO MORE START THE CLOCK WHERE IS THE OTHER ONE

reminder that books

What would you think hypothetically if Netflix got the rights to make a Doctor who series based on the Meta-Crisis 10th Doctor, Tennant would only stay one series and would become a full Time Lord, and regenerate into a new actor. No Cringey lovey dovey shit with rose, the series would be dark, and have different versions of familiar enemies and a whole number of new enemies, we'd also be dealing with a different Doctor, who never turned into 11 or 12. He gets progressively darker over the course of the series. I think it could be GOAT. He would have a different colour Tardis and it would air on Netflix well out of time frame of the main series.

the real crime is 'walk like you can see'

they were introduced as being creatures that were biologically forced to turn into stone objects when observed. in flesh and stone he decides to make them creatures that are made of stone regardless, and that will only move if they think you can't see them. which makes no fucking sense

Jesus christ. Please please please go back to /r/doctorwho

There's no way it wouldn't also be about Rose

>Tennant would only stay one series and would become a full Time Lord, and regenerate into a new actor.

How the fuck could this even possibly happen

>No Cringey lovey dovey shit with rose

No, let them be happy

Kill rose off in episode 1.

ow the edge

Stop posting

It is not difficult to reconcile with the original concept. The Angels spend their existence being frozen into stone when someone looks at them, so they fundamentally expect it to happen and are prepared for it. But since they're biologically locked when frozen, how exactly are they meant to be good at telling the difference? Especially when heavily distracted by the outbreak of life-threatening time energy. It's not unthinkable that they would suspect themselves under observation and get ready to freeze, then slowly realise it hasn't happened.

Christmas episode must be called Twelfth Night.

If it is called anything else, I will send a letter of complaint to the BBC. Again.

Tennant's Doctor would be made a Time Lord by the original universes Time Lords. Then travel back to the parallel universe get injured and regenerate. His 11th or ''second'' incarnation would be completely different.

I rewatched Cyberwoman today cuz /who/ was memeing it the other day and holy shit it's horribly shot.

I forget, was all Torchwood s1 filmed like this? Every single shot is CUT TO THING -> ZOOM IN ON THING or CUT TO PERSON -> QUICK PAN TO OTHER PERSON SPEAKING

Literally the only addition to Doctor Who you have proposed here is that "it would be dark" and "he would get progressively darker".

If I was from /r/ Doctor who i'd be demanding they made the 10th Doctor a homosexual tranny who is also somehow straight and in love with Rose. I want a dark ''realistic'' voodoo centric style series. Not a soap opera. Tennants good when he's serious and dark.

A parallel universe Doctor aimed at an older audience with more mature themes and darker creatures and violence than allowed pre-watershed would be GOAT.

The only good Torchwood series was Children of Earth.

It wouldn't inherently be any better or worse than regular Who, everything would depend on who wrote the episodes.
The child-friendly restriction in Doctor Who has often presented an opportunity for creative workarounds and things being embedded in subtext or metaphor. Taking that off doesn't automatically unlock a superior level of storytelling. I mean I like the VNAs but enough of them are pants.

First season of Torchwood was totally a "Doctor Who was such a success that we're letting you do your spinoff without any restraints or executive meddling whatsoever" fiasco.

The original concept was that they're not in CONTROL of becoming stone

Yes, I didn't disagree with that, please read my post.

>I want a dark ''realistic'' voodoo centric style series

youtube.com/watch?v=goNNHSHPE9o

every time

Which other doctors do you think would be able to commit to guard the vault for 70 years as 12 has done, /who/? I can't see 10 doing it, I'd say I can't see 11 doing it but then he guarded a village for 900 years so what do I know

11 wouldn't unless people's lives were directly at risk and he had to do it to keep them alive.

7 would have the patience and dedication, but would probably scheme a more efficient way to achieve his goals.

1 would fuck offerino for sure. I think 9 would do it.

8 would for sure

New companion will then be New Susan which is why Bill is only staying for a series.

Chibnall 'back to its roots' revolution.

>Tim Curry was offered the role of the Eighth Doctor and he was interested in playing the role, because he's always interested in a role that isn't a villain, but he didn't know how to play the character. One day during filming, Curry approached McGann on how he would play the Eighth Doctor if he were cast. Curry turned down the role of the Eighth Doctor because of scheduling conflicts with several movies, and McGann would be cast as the Eighth Doctor.

Fuck, we could've gotten Tim Curry Doctor. That would have been unimaginable levels of GOAT.

Anyone have a link to Ninth Doctor Chronicles downloads?

Hang on. I'll autism my way out of this:

>1: would have better things to do, come back to check on vault every few years and see how they're doing, chuckling to himself
>2: would run away from the responsibility and tell Jamie it isn't worth the trouble
>3: would shout at the person in the vault and just "finish it already," opening up the vault and revealing everything in episode 1 so he could move on while UNIT picks up the prisoner
>4: would tell the person in the vault "they really shouldn't have asked for this" and tell them he'll see them again in 100 years, then get stuck in the time vortex with Romana
>5: would stand there sad and remiss, telling his companions about the darkness in peoples' hearts or some bullshit, then open the vault and sacrifice himself then and there to help the occupant
>6: would call this whole thing a tremendous "waste of time," blame it on the Time Lords, and then get into a shouting match with the prisoner, losing his goddamn shit over the piano playing
>7: would be tickled to take on the task of watching the vault, but come up with a scheme to not actually have to watch it while still returning every so often for a game of Othello or something with the prisoner
>8: would gladly remain on Earth to watch the vault, pretty much checking in on it every night before settling in
>War: who gives a fuck
>9: would talk about how sorry he was that he had to lock them in the vault, but tell them what a fantastic time they could be having once it's "all over," then offer himself up to free them
>10: tell them he's "so sorry," then fuck off to do anything but watch the vault
>11: tinker with the vault and joke about how cool it would be to live in a vault, but then get all dark and brooding when his companion asks why he has something locked in a vault... never leaves for 100's of years

Three things, most of which are mildly blogposty:
1. That was a really good episode, and probably my favorite one so far.
2. For FCBD, I've picked up the Titan 8 comics, 2-5, and the Four Doctors Vol. 1
3. Anyone know of any good ripping programs? I tried ripping Moonbase again, but ended up with the same issues as last time.

So who's in the vault?

See, it's the greatest mystery of all.

The answer?

There's nothing in the vault.

He's using the idea of something being in there to draw somebody out.

Who?

I don't know.

Missy. The trailers spoiled us.

harry was a qt

I got shit for FCBD. My locals didn't even get the DW ones, or the StarTrek ones. All i got was shitty Valerian.

There was Doctor Who stuff this year? Or are you saying your local stores don't purchase the Who stuff?

Supposedly there was a free doctor who comic limited for free comic book day, but the two comic shops i visited said they received none.

Huh, didn't even see it on the list. I picked up the Star Trek one despite not even being a Star Trek person. If you'd like, I could send you it.

Fantastic!