Explain this film

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hot Garbage
Ridley Scott is a hack and a fraud.

Ancient Aliens

I want to stick my dick in Vickers' butt

charlize is my fetish, she seems like wild material, love it when she doos dah soot afrikan acsent

Rewatched it the other night in expectation to see Covenant next week. I got the fan cut version. Movie is actually pretty awesome IMO. Some cool thematic loops, and multiple layers of meaning. Consider the robot, the humans, and the engineers. Consider the robot killing the female lead's boyfriend and the aliens killing the engineers. Not bad filmaking, not bad writing. High degrees of reflexive self awareness are indicative of intelligent movies. There were some glaring plot holes of course.

I'm excited for Covenant.

sci-fi version of capeshit
literally "muh cgi" incarnate
2/10

except half the film is shot in real locations and on elaborately created sets
kys

Sure. it's garbage.

It's an elaborate fucking up of Alien in which cinema's most perfect symbol of the horror of the unknown is shamelessly ruined by being given an ancient aliens backstory that lacks literally any single shred of originality in any way.

Was the black goo a weapon or a life creator thing?

one of the most poignant explanations of it ive ever read honestly
literally cgi filler

most likely some sort of genetic substance that greatly changes and evolves the DNA of the thing that it effects

chances are they either made it as a scientific thing and then made it into a weapon or visa versa

A good Sci fi movie set in the Alien universe. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Made me want more

the best Alien movie there is, except for the first one. Prometheus is not nearly as bad a movie as most people say.

It's a fuckup on the order of magnitude of the prequels.

Remember how claustrophobic Alien was with an oppressively byzantine and industrial ship finding a distress call and investigating a harsh environment only to find bizarre lifeforms suggesting we're just vulnerable specs in a void full of terrors.

Well all that is gone.
Turns out big giant dudes made us in their image and they also made xenos and they have some magic mutagen that does whatever the plot demands. Also an android can apparently easily wipe them out and he also engineered the actual xenomorph we know from the original movie.

I also bet you anything the space jockey in that chair in Alien is going to end up being David.

Everything wrong with modern movies really.
There is a reason why classics are regarded as such and this will never achieve that status.

>It's a fuckup on the order of magnitude of the prequels.

I watched Prometheus and the Star Wars prequels this weekend and both of them were pretty good.

>wanting them to make the same film twice

BASED

I would not mind Prometheus at all if it was a separate movie and not related to the Alien franchise.

I also find it in poor taste that the whole movie just follows simple horror movie cliches and beats and doesn't really do much with the whole "found our creators" theme.
So much was brought to the table only to have a generic slasher movie to show for it.

So Shaw is the original alien?

>Wew lad! We just landed on an unknown alien planet millions of light years from home. We haven't done any scientific tests. Let's take our helmets off!

But that's exactly what they did. And now they're making it the third time.

your parents made you because they could and they are probably disappointed in you because you are shit.

so you better hope there's no god because that relationship would be just as failed, but on a cosmic scale

that's it, that's Prometheus. good movie.

>We haven't done any scientific tests. Let's take our helmets off!

They tested the atmosphere, it was safe.

>WEW LAD! There's an unknown alien creature in front of me. Let me put my face as close to it as possible. It can't possibly be dangerous!

They tested and it was ok to take them off lad

youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0

Some good and some unnecessary actors navigating around gaping plotholes.
Somewhat entertaining.

>Wew lad! I'm an alien architect and I've been asleep for 2000 years. Better get started with my plan to destroy earth! No need to check in with home base of anything. RAWR MUST DESTROY EARTH!!

this video is a joke mocking all the idiotic nitpicking the film received

the character you are supposed to identify with in this short is Jay, who spends the entire video looking at Mike like he is a total tool.

reminder that in their actual half in the bag review, they liked Prometheus

Idris Elba and Noomi Rapace's awful accents

There's nothing to explain. A movie that has nothing to say isn't worthy of an analysis.

You can like bad films.

Prometheus has all the hallmarks of a high budget slasher movie. Stupid characters, stupid plot, stupid twists, and contrived situations.

Compare the bumbling gang of retards in this movie to the crew of the Nostromo in Alien, who deduce why they can't kill the alien, formulate plans to get it off the ship, and Ripley who uses cunning to get it off the pod in the end.

Everyone in Prometheus just runs and screams.

Except vickers literally does the opposite of this and flamethrowers mister shit for brains and the film has a couple of scenes dealing with the ethical dilemma of killing the innocent to save the lives of others.

>dude this head started fucking disintegrating when we brought our stupid mouthbreathing selves into a room that wouldn't have broken if we wore our fucking helmets
>lets fucking induce life in the cells
>???????????
>PROFIT
why did ford go along with everything
what was even her profession
why did she have no character

What is his endgame?

to be the only good actor in every movie he's in

>sci-fi horror film that's full of philosophical questions
>half of it was shot on sets
>"hurr durr it's capeshit"
Prometheus is a heavily flawed film but everything you said is wrong.

how has it gone so wrong for ridley "the wrong brother died" scott?

i know he he hasnt made loads of amzaing films but the best films of his are some of the best films of the past 30 years

alien, bladerunner, blackhawk down, gladiator

and now he makes this stuff

Right sentiment wrong fact. Ive watched it once and even I remember yhey tested it. The real retardo shit started with an amazingly smart geologist and his uav gets lost for no particular reason

>Sup Forums shits on every inconsistency the movie presents
>never takes into account this universe is built around intelligent design

This movie spits in the face of religion and the idea of God.
And you hate it.

Can't say I'm surprised.

maybe if you had the ability to empathize with other people you would have understood the characters. also, you can't really compare alien and prometheus- one is a movie about a bunch of people dealing with a monster that drives the thrust of the story, while the other movie is about a woman and a robot watching a research expedition fall apart around them. they're structurally entirely different. even so, the characters of Prometheus don't just run and scream. Millburn tried to impress his friend with the Hammerpede, Vickers wanted to torch Halloway
and he willingly let her do so, Janek and the pilots immediately suicided into the Juggernaut to save Earth, the mercs tried to kill the Engineer when he attacked Weyland, the crew got their shit together and killed Fifield when he went rage, and Shaw rolled out of the way of the crashing juggernaut. so nice try, pleb.

she's an amoral corporate scientist\doctor, she brought the head to life because she was told to follow shaw's orders and shaw wanted to bring it to life.

>ridley "the wrong brother died" scott
I don't get the Tony Scott love. Both Tony and Ridley are extremely hit or miss. Hell, I would argue Ridley's track record is better. Ridley has made 3 masterpieces and a bunch of good films, Tony made 1 or 2 masterpieces and a few good films.

the geologist didn't have the map though. Janek has the map on the ship and he gives the crew directions. When Millburn and Fifield leave, they're abandoning the job the company is paying them to do, janek isn't going to babysit them and guide them out when he's busy helping the people who are actually doing their jobs.

>It's a fuckup on the order of magnitude of the prequels.

You are goddamn 100% correct, but at least the prequels had some nice robot designs and Duel of the Fates is a great piece of music. Prometheus was bland modern sci-fi.

>fedoralords will cling to bad movies if it pushes their anti-religion angle

Sad!

i think its more to do with the disappointment of ridley, he has made some fantastic films but then made some absolute trash, and its been a long time since he made something good

He's like those writers who put out great stuff in a ten year period and then begin to produce trash from then on

I'd rather wear a fedora than believe in an imaginary being.

>h3h3 pic
>atheist

*tips*

>reflexive self awareness are indicative of intelligent movies

explain

It's amazing how much hate this movie managed to generate. People keep comparing it to Alien for some reason, but they tend to forget that 2/4 Alien movies were absolute garbage.

I loved Prometheus and now I'm excited for Covenant.
I'm going to cinema and I will have a great time watching it.

i would argue that tony has made some great films

top gun
man on fire
true romance
deja vu

>Remember how claustrophobic Alien was with an oppressively byzantine and industrial ship finding a distress call and investigating a harsh environment only to find bizarre lifeforms suggesting we're just vulnerable specs in a void full of terrors.
This. Alien is fucking at least 9/10 kino, Prometheus is 7/10 at most.

Never watched it. Learning the origins of arguably one horrors greatest and most mysterious antagonists is deeply unappealing to me.

With horror I feel like less is always more. So any information about where xenomorphs come from would only make them less interesting to me.

I like the idea of seeing the evolution of the xenomorph, but I can do without the black goo and engineer shit.

>I can do without the mystery
Just like the autist who thinks Prometheus some how ruins and cheapens the Alien franchise, I have to wonder what you people ever expected from such prequels. Alien and Aliens already covers a world of tropes, so it was amazing to see Prometheus stray far tonally from both of them yet feel like it has a place in the franchise.

How you can claim to love the Alien franchise and find Prometheus boring or uncompelling is beyond me. Covenant is literally the only movie in my life I remember being actively excited to see and my interest in the whole franchise was reinvigorated purely because of how kino Prometheus is.

They're telling you everything you retard, there is no mystery anymore.

HeIIo, reddit

Pancake ass/10

Go away.

>nothing mysterious about Prometheus and what happens after it
Maybe if you're a mouth breather.

if there's no mystery left from Prometheus, why is one of the most common plebian complaints that it left so many unanswered questions?

What if God was an ayy lmao and created the human race on a lark and then he got killed by some other monster he created and scientists find the aftermath in a spooky remote locale.

Basically, At the Mountains of Madness, but space instead of Antarctica.

Why?