LEFTOVERS SEASON 3 EPISODE 4 PREGAME THREAD

>G'day Melbourne

2 1/2 hours left

predictions lads?

Kev deals with spooky shit, Nora is on the warpath to fuck up the reunion people.

>implying Nora isn't batshit insane and isn't going to try it herself

Yeah of course she'll be tempted, but first thing she'll try to prove they're full of shit.

The line in the trailer where Nora asks Kevin if he is seeing anybody again is a throwaway line. Kevin isn't actually seeing anybody. Thinking he may find his dad during the episode though.

Who's he chasing through the city then

>Lindelof
No thank you, I'm not mentally disabled

Looks like a women and he gets headbutted by some dude.

its Patti

Ann Dowd isn't returning they confirmed that a while ago

>tfw it's Sara

The amount of posts in these threads are proof that this board is filled with underage plebs. It takes 24 hours for them to even get over 200 posts unlike TWD and GoT that hit the bump limit in a few hours. Sad.

who's sara

I'd rather have it like this than have people spam stupid memes and have 7 threads for one episode

Dead black GR girl?

Possibly Nora, she was shown at the end of E1.

It's a shame that the Leftovers is ending this season. Lindelof shows have great meme potential.

Best show on dare i say, /tv?

So are the people "zapping" people to the other side the GR?

Granted

Is Jill not in the rest of the season?

Doubt it. Why do you think so?

I thought in the promos she was shown in Australia but I could be mistaken.

Nora will be one of few that would kill a kid to cure cancer.

I mean it seems like a very GR thing to do, doesn't it? Maybe it's just another sect and they have groups all over the Earth.

It's not iZombie but it's up there

GR ethos was making people live with the memory of the departed.
Seems like this group looks to "end" their suffering

My theory is they wipe the memories of whoever comes to them, and lets them loose in the Australian outback where they'll never be found. Maybe something with time travel too.

I feel very alone in thinking this season so far is pretty weak and easily the worst season of the show so far. How did it go from the insane brilliance of 2 to this fairly alright stuff?

to be fair i felt this way about season 2 when it was only 3 episodes in.

but no, i think the first two eps were 9/10 and the last was 8/10

What's the credits song for tonight?

Probably not.

The 2nd episode is easily the worst of the series so far I think. Just a ridiculously overstuffed montage filled with lame humor, cheap emotion, and barely any insight into Nora. Might be the only episode of the series that I actually dislike.

The theme from Lost

I thought the premiere was great but the last two episodes have been noticeably weaker. I think the character-centric episodes are starting to get stale.

It's L O S T

Sorry Jack, we can't hear you when you use black text.

I liked the first episode quite a bit too actually. The last two episodes just feel completely light in significance, sloppy in execution, and even at times succumb to dullness. So far the whole season just feels like a giant mess to me. I keep waiting for some kind of stability to take hold but we're nearly halfway through the season now.

I really hated the last episode. Their portrayal of Australia as some giant outback with noble indigenous people was pretty on the nose.

Plus I just don't think Kevin Sr is likable or interesting enough to carry an episode.

I liked the Nora episode tho. I think it's mostly because I want to sniff her farts.

Is this show good or is it just waifukino? I've seen some webms and she's a babe so I wouldn't even be upset if it was shit

>Just a ridiculously overstuffed montage filled with lame humor, cheap emotion, and barely any insight

So just a normal episode of the leftovers then?

How the fuck can they be getting stale when we're getting episodes about people like Kevin Sr, someone who has had very little screentime so far?

check'd

people like to complain about stuff.

it should be worth noting that virtually every review of the final season said it's not plot heavy at all and is mostly character driven, which is the antithesis of most "final" seasons and makes perfect sense for the show to do given its past.

>DUDE ITS ABOUT THE CHARACTERS LMAO
>the characters are all flat uninteresting and one dimensional archetypes

For you

>people like to complain about stuff.

I'm sorry but dissenting opinions are always a good thing, especially when it comes to something like this that is being preposterously overhyped.

I find it hard to believe that anyone could describe episode 2 of this season as being anything other than ridiculously overstuffed with plot.

I've given up on this show. Last episode was painfully boring, and cheesy with the monologues. Maybe it was always this bad and I didn't notice but this season has been shit so far. Melodrama; the show

The Leftovers was always a hard show to take in small bits, versus viewing as a season as a whole.

Season 2 was rather meh until the later episodes in the season (The Matt episode is where it really started kicking into gear). Judging the episodes on 3 into the season is hard as these seasons tend to arc aggressively.

>Monologues

There was barely any dialogue the whole episode

I don't think the third season is a huge drastic change from the previous seasons, so I'd say that you just didn't notice it for some reason. Maybe you just binge watched seasons 1 and 2 so it wasn't as noticeable?

I mean, it's kind of confusing for me to think of someone thinking that seasons 1 and 2 were good but somehow hating season 3.

Kevin Garvey Sr's monologue to Chris Sunday was kino though

Does anyone know if HBOgo puts it up when it airs or is it after?

The characters in this show are the least 1 dimensional characters I have ever seen.

It goes up when it starts airing

I am not at all meaning to say that I'm giving up on it, I have some small hope it'll turn around and end up playing a long game that pays off. That being said, I have no idea how people are saying the early episodes of 2 start off slowly. Those early episodes are all amazing and the transition from 1 being pretty strong to 2's incredible heights is noticeable from practically the first scene of episode 1 of season 2.

No, it wasn't. It was incredibly lazy and sloppily written. Having a character we haven't seen in a while explain what they've been doing for a couple of years to a complete cipher, an absolute nothing, a plot device, is the epitome of cheap writing. It was a monologue of exposition.

cool, thanks

Hope not. She was such a bummer in this season's first episode.

I thought the monologue did a good job of explaining the series of circumstances that got Kevin Garvey Sr. to that current point while at the same time while striking one of the "themes" of the episode (fate vs random coincidence). Also, the way he acted it was very top notch. I don't think I can call it poor writing since I think giving him a chance to monologue about those events drives the "fate vs coincidence" theme home further since you can see how he justifies where he's ended himself up in. Kevin Garvey Sr. always acted crazy before, but with that scene you could really see how he justified it imo

how was she a bummer? all she did was surprise the family and then go back to college

Its Evangeline, the daughter of the Murpheys They were in behind the scene pics.

It's that chick he was fucking on the 14th

I mean I agree it was an interesting monologue and opened up Kevin's character, etc etc, but having him deliver it to a plot device renders it as cheap exposition. He may as well just have delivered it in a voiceover narration. It was him talking directly to the audience, giving a plot summary.

Is this also coincidentally the only show you've ever seen?

>one guy does webrips for HBO shows that are usually out before the show finishes airing
>doesn't do leftovers

Yeah, I've always been having to watch these eps the monday after it airs. sucks desu, but at least it gives something to look forward to on mondays

its because no one thinks the show is good.

The discussion has definitely dropped off around here. There were multiple threads going when season 2 was on.

Because it wasnt popular enough for the Lindeloft hate circle jerk to seep in. Now it's got a ton of critical acclaim and the retard trolls like to shit up threads.

Explain how they're one dimensional. I want to hear this.

Its up to you to prove they aren't 1 dimensional you absolute brainlet

The threads were always fucking the worst type of threads though like /got/ where its 200+ posts and like 40 posters (you)ing at eachother
Where the on topic posts are just an image from the show and "KINO" There is nothing to discuss with this show and it has an extraordinarily small viewing base.

the fact every episode of season 3 has been completely irredeemable kinda does that.

its not good and its not even fun to hate anymore.

So there are no reasons? You just had to say you were wrong man. No need to get defensive.

>DUDE ITS A DEEP CHARACTER STUDY ABOUT HOW PEOPLE DEAL WITH LOSS LMAO

>literally every episode is characters dealing with some sort of supernatural event, as events drive the characters.

>doesn't understand the burden of proof
leftoverlets everyone

Well yeah, of course the show has a plot. I'd say that the show uses the departure as a means of analyzing how characters and people in general live their lives with the knowledge of death, or similar unexplained circumstances, I think the show extends beyond just being about loss.

to be fair, I had to go back and forth over the reply chain to see who claimed what.

Was it autism?

negro all its doing is regurgitating the stages of grief over and over and over and over, with some supernatural stuff whenever things start dragging and the writers can't develop anything organically (every episode).

No see this is tv show. TV is and always has been shit.

It isn't up to me to prove a tv show is shit because they are shit by default. a tv show must prove its worth which the leftovers didn't. You are claiming it did. I didn't claim shit, I merely watched and reported.

brainlet
Was it a lack of intelligence and creativity?

>You are claiming it did

You should use a different image for the next thread. You know, mix it up a little bit.

Personally, I really like stories that are very ambiguous in nature, and involve characters getting wrapped up into things that they don't fully understand the significance of, and shit like when characters go on crazy wild goose chases searching for something that they may not even get, or may not even be real. (That's why some of my favorite episodes were the Matt ones as well as the recent Kevin Sr. episode), so this show really hits a lot of good spots with me.

Since you have no argument I have won the debate.
debates in this thread I have won: 1

JILL DIES

I haven't argued with you in this thread. I don't know how would make you think anything other than a third person piped in and said some shit.

who else watching bros?

last seasons theme 10/10
this seasons shit/10

guess i'll let the mystery be

Don't try and start now I have already won.

Faggots put in there place:1
Debates in the thread I have won: 1

MUSIC KINO

streaming at brettygood dot com now

>crazy old asshole is crazy and searching for aboriginal songs for no reason at all
>gets people killed because of it
>the actor doesn't even perform the craziness all that well

... if that's good for you then holy fuck you're the biggest goddamn pleb in existence.

>see you on the other side

>tfw it's been raining non-stop for the past 72 hours
>parts of the city are so flooded you can boat around them
>this is happening in multiple states right now

I know it's just coincidence, it just feels eerily relevant.

it's a different song every episode

>Why didn't you just give me half

NORA BTFO

what city?

>Why didn't you just give me half?

WEW
E
W

It was good enough for me, I really liked it.
>if that's good for you then holy fuck you're the biggest goddamn pleb in existence.
Where do you think you are?

is it coincidence though

public bathroom sex: the hottest kind of sex