We Flavor of the Month Now

youtube.com/watch?v=B_xSs5b28P0&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=WarriorKidz

A native american ghost gives seven special needs kids superpowers, they fight crime.

An autist with weather powers, an inbisble downs syndrome girl, a blind asian who can bond with his dog called Yin and Yang, a black basketball cripple who get superspeed and two neurotypical(yes that counts as special needs now, they even had a profile detailing struggles of that "disorder") with kungfu and ice powers.

Also its animated by goats.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yTU8WbTbZMI
youtube.com/watch?v=53OyPYa7SEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I do like the blonde's taste in swimsuits.

Getting the vibe that that ghost was just a pedo who gave them powers by accident when he tried to touch them.

Is it okay for the downey girl to be walking around unsupervised?

Instead of giving these kids superpowers, why doesn't Halcyon straight up cure their disabilities?

This is funnier.

wait what's the blond girl's problem? the narrator didn't say

What is neurotypical.

You said it yourself. She's BLOND. That is a disability upon itself.

Shitty jokes aside, why was this even produced? It seems like a terrible after-school special skit that ridicules the special needs more than promoting awareness.

people with Downs are already pretty invisible.
Was it truly necessary to complete the process?

People with normal brains. So if you've got autism or down syndrome, you aren't neurotypical.

Someone cursed with the greatest handicap of all:
NO STATUS ON WHICH THEY CAN BLAME THEIR FAILURES

of course the kid in the wheelchair gets a nickname and superpower tied to it. this is wheels all over again.

>Space Ghost narrating
>black people are villains
>using disabilities to promote a PBS flash cartoon

Well then, the only thing I thought was somewhat creative was the ice hockey ability. Other than that, the rest of the super powers were lame or could have been done better.

>weather control, which includes fireballs?
>speed force wheel chair
>dancing, no witty remark just disbelief
>invisible
>shared senses
>

Is Declands disability that he's a ginger?

>Magic Indian gives them super powers
>Black character plays basketball
>Asian character is yin and yang with his dog.
Irony that a show that promotes special needs kids and indulges in so many racist stereotypes at the same time.

He was actually going to give powers to the kids from the baseball camp down the lake, but it was dark outside and he couldn't see where he was.

>I, powatok, was once a great and honorable warrior of a noble clan.
>I protected the lands and sacred lake of our once proud people.
>Everything is gone now, and now I'm a ghost protecting this chemically polluted body of water.
>Must have revenge upon the world.
>One night someone left an unsupervised multiethnic group of retarded children swim in my lake, presumably to drown.
>JACKPOT

AND I HAVE DOWN SYNDROME

every time

Somehow this feels more offensive to the disabled than empowering.

For once, I agree with Boco. Please kill me now.

You might be over-thinking it.

maybe that's the point.
It's a love letter to the disabled in a "fuck those disabled kids" kind of way.

How so? I don't think we've seen enough of it to make a judgement as to whether or not it's patronizing. I think the fact that it's aimed at a pretty young audience should be considered.

>Asian kid and his dog named Yin and Yang

Amazing thst a show about acceptance would be so racist, innit?

It's just so...bad.

The disabled finally get a cartoon and its THIS. What a kick in the nads.

>tries to be diverse but the characters are stereotypical and even worse are given a current trending disability.
wow. only needs an autstic genderfluid character to complete this masterpiece of a mouthpiece

Eh, it's PBS. Not exactly known for their stellar work.

Who's idea was it give the blind kid and his dog a super power? They just harassed that poor girl buying hair products.

When did being blind start being trendy? Or having down syndrome? Autism is the only one I can even conceive of being "trendy", and even that's weird considering I've never heard autistic people being described as cool.

I'm shocked that they didn't give the down syndrome one super strength.

>autistic
>blonde
>paralyzed
>retarded
>hockey fan
>blind

Quite the array of disabilities

>>hockey fan

As a hockey fan and player. I feel insulted by what you're insinuating.

Now if you said football fan, that's a different story.

And they all happened to be hanging out.

You know, the funny thing is, this concept could be easiely turned into a dark and kinda twisted thing
The blackboi already got the most cruel and ironic power of all - he is faster than any other human on planet and yet he will NEVER leave his wheelchair and never feel what it's like to walk again. In fact, the only thing that is moving fast is the wheelchair, and his legs are as useless as always

At least none of them are named "Lennie".

>hockey fan

What were they all even doing swimming late at night on some lake without adult supervision?

I just realized that there were no adults near by when these mentally handicapped kids were swimming alone.
This is what created Jason Vorhee

their parents tried to drown them

Do you think the ghost knew they were retarded? Did he fuck up by giving them powers?

Hell, even with adults around, swimming late at night on a lake would be irresponsible enough.

Man, even if the blind kid can see through his dog, he still can't see red and green.

The camp counselors were too busy smoking pot and having sex.

lewds of gigi when?

>ctrl+f "Burger King Kids Club"
>No results
Damn Sup Forums, you're dropping the ball, cause this shit fits that description to a T

When we get lewds of Punky.

Oh god.
They share ALL senses.
What if the dog eats his own turds?
What if the dog sniffs another dogs asshole?
What if the dog gets humped by another dog?

"trendy" as in most used insult people love to use.
it used to be used frequently before autism became the most popular buzzword.
as time passes a new word will replace autism

Why do I feel like each kid is based on some real life special needs child?

This feels like a Family Guy cutaway.

>Oh no! That Supervillian is attacking that rabbit farm!
>We better call the Warrior Kidz!
>No, lets, uh, lets call someone else...

Was the lady buying perfume actually doing anything illegal?

Do you think that the voice actors all have the same conditions as the characters? And the animators based the characters off of them?

>your whole land and nation get's savaged by white invadors, men killed, women raped, home lost
>the spirit of your tribe doesn't do anything
>a bunch of disabled kids swim around
>the spirit gives them powers of god
What the fuck is this

Well the superhero IS blind, so.

That'd make sense. I can't imagine someone voicing a character with downs not having downs.

But he wasn't blind at the time!

He needed a good laugh, he gave them powers, but he didn't make them bullet proof.

someone post the great eagle spirit page.
you know the one.

Push acceptance and diversity all you want, but I will never be able to believe that a bunch of kids are willingly hanging out with a girl with downs syndrome.

Who said she didn't just follow them to the lake?

I actually hung out with one that was fairly cognitive. Fucker had a dark sense of humor.

>one kid literally can not see
>spirit gives him a power that only just kinda fixes his problem in a really shitty way
>one kid just have some generic autism made up bullshit
>spirit makes him the fucking Avatar

Jesus, how do you make something that is so wrong on so many levels

Downies are friendly.

You're not gonna question how this spirit could have easily cured their issues?

Why are these disabled kids allowed to swim at night unsupervised? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

The fact that we don't even know what the blonde and the hockey player have wrong with them is hilarious to me.

It's katawa shoujo all over again.

Not the ones at my school. One of them told a black guy he wished he could go back in time and make him a slave.

Can I also just point out that blackboi-basketball-face didn't actually get any super powers
His wheelchair did

Nigga, that's fucking hilarious.

The more I think about him the more I realize he's just a faster Cyborg.

>Gee Mr. Spirit, can you make me walk again?
>What's that? You want you're wheelchair to be super fast!?!
>N-no, that's not-
>I hereby dub thee MACHINE! The black kid with the above average wheel chair!

It's because they don't know any better. That's why Wal-Mart hires them.

>One of them told a black guy he wished he could go back in time and make him a slave.

How would you improve the show if you were given full control?

First thing, I'd give them all powers that actually have to do with their disability. Making the Blind Kid being able to see through his dog is actually kinda cool, but he should really just have super-senses. Y'know, build off a little real world logic and show how they manage to overcome their disabilities both in real life and with their powers?

Second thing, Warrior Kidz is a really dumb name. It doesn't sell me that their heroes. Also having the cartoony spelling of Kidz with the intense Warrior makes it seem half-assed

Third thing, get rid of half of these disabilities in favor of something a bit easier to understand for kids that lends itself better for visual conflicts. Your demographic is kids, kids don't know what shit like Autism is. Downs Syndrome is kind of an abstract concept for a 7 year old to wrap their mind around. Just spit balling here, but maybe there's a kid who's an amputee and has to use a prosthetic limb that can stretch like Machine Man

>black basketball

The correct label is Basketball-American you shitlord!

>"NIGGA WHAT? THAT CHINK ASS BITCH OVER THERE CAN SHOOT FIRE NOW, WTF"
>"Well, of course, he has autism, he should be treated special, don't be so rude brown child."

Instead of kids, all the heroes are adults. Same powerset, same characters, same origins, but as adults.

I feel kind of bad making fun of this, but goddamn, its fucking hilarious.

Give the autist super strength. youtu.be/yTU8WbTbZMI

actually all of these, i would also include more normal people on the cast so the disabled can stand out without it looking awkward (side characters perhaps, after all when everybody is supers nobody is), maybe even make disabled super villains too so it won't have that "the evil normies" vibe some cartoons can have, finally focus more on their personal lives and give them actual character flaws, the biggest mistake you can make when writing a minority is forgetting he is still human and can behave like any regular person, that means being an asshole, being wrong, being greedy etc etc, make those kids be more than just cardboard, emotionless token characters supposed to just "look good" to the camera

>autism strength
>gets easily distracted all the time
>sometimes does dumb shit without realizing, causing extra damage because super strength
perfect

This poor mother.

> kids don't know what shit like Autism is.
Unless they know someone who has autism. Or they actually have autism. Shit, when I was in elementary school, there was a kid with Down Syndrome. I don't think these are beyond kids because many of them have interacted with someone who has this condition. Even if they haven't, if the show does its job properly, it will be able to explain these conditions to kids who have never met someone with this condition.

>"He's warrior kid; he's autistic"
Holy fuck my sides

The town they live in is crime ridden, holy shit. 3 different guys robbing 3 different stores at the same time.

Why would anyone keep a child like that?

> i would also include more normal people on the cast so the disabled can stand out without it looking awkward
But that's what the blonde and the ginger kid are for.

Why is he the leader? He's going to have them bombing Sega over giving Sonic blue arms.

>Implying that's not the hero we deserve

Seriously, I think the blonde girl is a chaperon for the autistic kid.

Had to watch a few interviews online of parents of retards and severe autists. They're either like that woman where they openly despise their retard or are in denial and claim they love them yet are relieved when some government worker takes the retard off their backs for a day.

All it really did was make me stop giving a shit about infanticide, or frankly all human life. Makes me really fucking hate people who believe there is anything special about human life and that it needs to be preserved.

She "likes helping Miles every day" which definitely makes it sound like she is his chaperone.

that's what i thought too, them why the fuck even give her powers? She is basically that chick that is friends with gays so she can subtlety brag about it with her actual friends

Because she was there, ok! The spirit guy was drunk when he gave them their powers.

>Speedforce wheelchair
>That episode where he goes so fast he breaks the barrier of time and learns to travel to the past
>He travels to the past to prevent that terrible car accident that left him in that wheelchair, leaving him utterly depressed and isolated from other kids not only for being black but for being disabled
>Somehow he makes things worse and creates a split timeline where instead of being in a wheelchair they had to replace half of his body with a robotic one
>The robotic Machine is just Cyborg but on a purple wheelchair that has the power of the speedforce
>Seeing how powerful one of his creations ended up being the indian guard tries to stop him
>But it's to late as Wheelborg is the fastest black disabled cyborg alive and makes the indian hit those showers

This is the origin of a new villain.

>not diagnosed until after birth
>if diagnosed before birth some can't kill their mentally broken child out of moral/religious reasons

The hockey kid's attacks look like jizz.

now imagine this scene with the black speedster instead of Flash

youtube.com/watch?v=53OyPYa7SEI

Man, those Sup Forums-tier comments are horrible. I feel for the entire family.