Tfw you realize you are 36 years old and wasted your best years making youtube videos about childrens games

>tfw you realize you are 36 years old and wasted your best years making youtube videos about childrens games.

You can really see the emptiness in his eyes. Poor guy.

>tfw you realize you're 40 years old and complaining on a Cambodian image board about a 36 years old who made a movie and does what he likes for living

I'm 36-years-old and I wasted the best years of my life posting on Sup Forums.

>your best years are those spent accumulating wealth and not the years you enjoy said wealth

He dreamed of being the next Hitchcock. Instead, all he could do was review movies and old video games.

>spotted the 36 year old autismo

It's a dream job really. Especially if you're a video game fan.

>tfw you realize you're older than Methuselah and you wasted your life in one super long edging session

Sounds like a pretty good life
What have you done

he's been doing what he loves since he was 9

you've been struggling to find meaning since you were born

get a life fagotron

>wasted
He earns pretty good money

Well, he is retarded.

Why did he never actually try to be a filmmaker? Some e-celebs live fine in California.

I tried watching a few of his recent videos after not following him at all for the last few years and all I can say is wow.
He really sold out. I mean in his most recent one he reviewed Sonic 06. Like fucking really? If you have to pander to your audience by reviewing pretty much the worst game in history, ypu know you've sold out.
It even had that cringeworthy intro that looks like it from like 2007
His humor really isn't amusing to anyone but diehard fanboys and ledditors

he went to the university of arts

Did you see his avgn movie?

dude, AVGN is the shit.

>famous among the hobby
>$500,000 house, wife, and kids
>goof around all day, film it and get paid

Yeah, James is really fucking pathetic.

He's been absolutely unwatchable for the last 3 years.
That shitty movie really broke him

But he's always made videos on shitty games. Why not Sonic 06

also
>hang around with your best friend while playing video games for a living
how more awesome can it get?

>Rolfe started filming movies in 1989 and continued this hobby into the early 1990s.[1] He used Mario Paint for a few of his early films. He eventually took classes for hand-drawn animation at a university. His early films did not have scripts or rehearsal. However, once he started writing scripts, his friends gradually lost interest because of the pressure of trying to remember their lines,[4] which left many of Rolfe's films unfinished. He then tried his hand at action figures or puppets. The plot of The Giant Movie Director (1994), involved toys coming to life.

thats part of the charm. its much better than someone who is super into video games and being ultra cringe elitist fag. his ignorance is charming and works for normies. its part of his appeal. its not really fun for most normies to watch someone who is REALLY good at games, its boring. someone who they can identify with is much better to watch.

Doug makes shitty movies every year, and they are cheap. AVGN has e-celeb friends who are willing to act.

Step it up

Especially when that friend manages the brand 100%, leaving you to reap in the profit.

7½ years

>e-celeb
You make it sound like that's someone of importance

because it's not him
old vidya made sense with the character and the setting but watching him play new-er games just isn't the same

>36 years old
>can make enough of a living making silly videos goofing off with your friends to support your family

Sounds nice.

Anybody have the webm of him asking Mike what something was, and Mike says it's Xbox One?

Yeah, instead of working some shit job in a cubicle or working at walmart.

What a sad life, no really.

They are better than people who aren't motivated likeNothing wrong with using z-grade actors

At least he's better off than doug, that guy is the master of e-celeb just

He has more money because of YouTubebux than I'll ever have

>In the winter of 2004, Rolfe was involved in a head-on car crash with a trailer that was unattached with its supporting vehicle. According to Rolfe, no physical injuries occurred during the crash. His quotes from the wreckage include "grabbed the wheel and waited for death".[6]
>Rolfe met April Rolfe (née Chmura) in July 2004; she was a cinematographer on the early Nerd episodes. They began dating shortly after and were married in November 2007. He announced at the premiere trailer for Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie in November 2012, that they were expecting their first child. In April 2013, April Rolfe gave birth to a baby girl. Rolfe has not divulged details about his daughter except for a few photos and expressing thanks that his wife got past complications resulting during the childbirth.[40]
>In November 2013, April posted an update on James's Cinemassacre website that their daughter is continually seeking medical treatment due to unnamed complications. On April 13, 2016, Rolfe revealed what happened while announcing an auction of various Cinemassacre memorabilia to benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children. During birth, his daughter suffered nerve damage in one of her arms and required many months of physical therapy to recover full use of her arm. Rolfe expressed gratitude to Shriners for all they did for his family during that time.[41][42]

this is why he had to sold out

Every e-celeb is a sell out

Is it just envy that makes people bitter and resentful towards someone who has done them no wrong? Honestly curious here. At the very least he has done some meaningful work that he can look back on. More than I can say for myself.

>wasted

Time well spent desu

I like his monster madness and generally when he talks about films. He just seems like he genuinely loves movies, especially horror films. He doesn't pretend to know everything about everything, and gives his own thoughts about a film, rather than just repeating the same shit every "critic" says about the film. It seems like its not about trying to "get" the film in order to show superiority over others, but rather that he just loves the films and is interested in how things were done and the history surrounding the production.

I don't like the Mike and James Mondays, and never watch them. I just sub for him talking about films. I'm also not really into the AVGN character, but still end up watching them when I've got nothing better to do.

>literal autist who spent his childhood in a retard school

He never had a chance

He made a boatload of money not having to have a real job
Also he is an old school O&A fan so he is alright with me

>poor guy

my fucking arse.

>He just seems like he genuinely loves movies

Considering that he got sent to a school for spergs, I'm pretty sure his "passion" for movies was actually just autistic obsession all along.

It's just coincidence that his autistic brain happened to become obsessed with movies instead of trains.

>I like this movie because it reminds me of when I was at retard school for 8 years

go to bed james.

ahah yeah he said he spent like 7 years in a special ed school when he was doing the Cuckoo's nest review .
ANyone know why ?

Achievement and accomplishment are illusions. There are many paths through this world and they all lead to the same place.

I don't even like the guy, but I don't see how making good youtube bucks is wasting time anymore than working a normal job. If anything, I imagine it'd be better because you're actually in control of what you're doing (even if it's shit)

I bet someone would buy his entire collection for $1,000,000 dollars

Leave it to Latza.

He will carry the Nerd's legacy

It's 11 years old, it isn't exactly "new-er"

Don't worry, you'll eventually grow out of your nihilistic goth phase. I don't mean this as an insult, most of us experience it at some point or another in life.

It is "new-er" when he was playing games from 35 years ago

>DUDE LE NOTHING IN LIFE LE MATTERS WE ARE ALL GOING TO LE DIE

Fuck off, 14 year old retard

What got into you lol?

"He plays the worst games of all time, horrible abominations of mankind"

It's literally in his theme song, that doesn't exempt newer games. Yeah, in the beginning it was about shitting on the awful games from his childhood, but that was over a decade ago. You know how many people were begging him to make an AVGN episode on Sonic 06 for all these years?

>nerd legacy

Thats his wife right?

No, his wife is far less attractive

What's there to enjoy? Seriously, I don't care about those things. Learn shit, shape your personality and life, build things, that's what matters. Fuck people who "live in the moment".

I'm old enough that I owned and enjoyed the mega drive sonic games.

I bought Sonic 06 second hand a few months after it came out. It was glitchy as fuck, and the loading times were annoying as hell, but I never really thought of it as being anywhere near one of the "worst" games I've ever played. Yeah, it was a bad game, but I still had some enjoyment out of it. I thought it was around a 4/10. I never understood the levels of hatred for it.

Yes. James auditioned over 150 men for the role (all black) and they had to do this scene.

>mfw he has a patreon that probably makes shitpiles of money

He's got it made. He's the granddad of online video game reviews. He's probably got people out there that can vote now that grew up on him and his shtick.

He can release a video once in a blue moon and make a living off it.

>I never understood the levels of hatred for it.

It was supposed to be the big new Sonic game for its generation. It was supposed to be a fancy modern reboot of the franchise. There was a lot of disappointed hype.

>tfw you realise you are 36 years old and didn't even waste your best years making youtube videos about childrens games.

I really don't know how you got enjoyment out of it or even had the fortitude to beat it. It's a really shitty game. You even rated it 4/10. Anything I'd rate below a 5/10 is something I could probably not really bring myself to complete but only give it positive points on maybe one or two good ideas in the mess.

Generations was worse anyway

Yeah, as I say, I thought it was a bad game. I didn't feel like I needed any fortitude to complete it though. I was still getting enjoyment as I played through.

Since this is an AVGN thread, I'll say that I disliked the AVGN game a lot more. I never bought it and wouldn't really recommend it to anyone, even if someone was a fan of the character. That was a game that I couldn't bring myself to fully play through. I get that the joke was that it was meant to be a really bad and frustrating game, but what that meant was that you were playing a really bad and really frustrating game. I really don't know why I spent longer than even a minute playing that game.

that's why he runs funny

Trying to help your daughter get full use of her arm sounds like a great reason to sell out.

He made $2.7 million in 15 years. Not doctor money but pretty damn close. He also made himself a celebrity. Pretty good life tbqh.

Wonder how big the Power Rangers check was.

There was no cheque, just a lifetime supply of Krispy Kreme

>Retarded, disabled baby
>Wife cheats on him with black dudes

Yeah, what a life

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But he has a wife and two kids which is the only point in life so how has he wasted his best years?

No one wants to pay Mike to play games.

Plenty of babies are born with nerve damage affecting their arm. The vast majority will, fortunately, make a full recovery. There's a reasonable chance that you were born with the same problem, but that it wasn't detected at the time. Until I saw your post, I had never heard or even thought about mental retardation being in anyway linked to it. Thanks for clearing that up for me, you retarded fuck.

When did you realize that Ryan is the best thing about Cinemassacre these days?

when I realized they are Superbad IRL
>Mike is Mike Cera
>this dude is Jonah Hill
>AVGN is Mc Lovin

Why does he always look like he just got out of a pool?

He sometimes looks like he's still in the pool.

I don't know why this made me laugh, but it did.

>Enjoys his passion and makes money out of it
>has friends, a romantic interest and hobbies and isn't a scared pathetic virgin like OP who tries to be a conformist
>Meanwhle OP is a suicidal insecure wageslave who is so paranoid and devoid of personality that he has to fake being normal even while anonymous in a site emant for dweebs and outcasts

>Old fart going on a midlife crisis but believes still feels like 18 again.

I'd rather go JewWario mode before i become a 40something.

Not an argument, you can live in the moment and create things, also I'd like to know what you "create"

This guy looks like the most uncharismatic e-celeb I've seen

he is

Not an argument, he's right, that's called enlightenment, the ego is an illusion, therefore nothing you do truly matters,everything is temporary, you're just a pile of meat trying to be better than others pile of meats by acquiring material wealth/status, and when your little game and child like ego-centered view of life gets threatened you attack by throwing temper tantrums and ad hominem buzzwords.

He's their webmaster who always borderline whispers.

It's weird to see how their channel has begun to pander to what the trend of the week is.
>DUDE MANDELA EFFECT
I wonder if it has anything to do with the YTbux debacle.

But they're creating more content now (especially James). For a while it was quite a drought. It seemed post-AVGN movie the channel was winding down to a close; it was literally only Mike keeping it going.

MAN DUH LUH

The Mandela videos weren't that bad.

he's disgusting

>let me stretch out this 15 minute video into 3 separate ones
Splitting the videos up is definitely for ad revenue.

>Making them all under 10 minutes
He's not very good at it

But who calls that living?

Doesn't this guy use sockpuppets to praise him in videos he's featured in? And doesn't he also pin said comments?
>thank goodness a competent gamer like ryan is here. he's just so articulate. more of this guy plz

>early life
>"best years"

Jokes on you, mine have been terrible, so I'll have an easier time exceeding them as I age