>>82502060

Well if this gets made, it'll be interesting at least.

Iredeemable was such shit, that dragged itself out forever using the exact same plot format over and over with a cast of characters you had no reason to give a shit about, and the way it finally ended was crap too.

The Incorruptible spinoff was the only part worth a damn.

>"Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters'" Tommy Wirkola is also attached to direct

but that was pure shit

>Irredeemable not Superior

Well fuck you too Hollywood.

>And we all thought "Man of Steel" was the edgiest that Superman could get on film.

Whoever directs this needs to copy Zack Snyder's style.

Why can't Morrison catch a break Sup Forums?

Superheroes turning edgy and R-rated is what killed comics as a medium. They're gonna kill comic movies if they make this type of garbage into movies.

Ironic that Waid's salty fucked ass disliked Clark killing in MOS but created the most evil vile dispicable monstrous Superman homage in existence... and by ironic I mean HE IS A MOTHER FUCKING HYPOCRITE that can't understand the concept of degrees and the middle ground and thinks if Superman is flawed then HE MUST MASS MURDER EVERYTHING THAT FUCKING LIVES!!!

I bought all the trades even though I didn't love it that much. Can't say I care about a movie either.

it was "so bad it's good" imo

>Irredeemable comes out
>Snyder watches it, misses the point completely
>Snyderfags start whining about how "it's okay when Fox does it"

Bring it. I'm ready.

>Fox will do a better superman than DC

Is that similar to how you're an idiot that can't understand the difference between a codifier and a deconstruction?

The point is complete and utter fucking nonsense.
We can have a flawed Superman who kills when needed like Thor that doesn't become a genocidal sadist mass murderer.

Already happening

it's like you choose to completely miss the point just to make yourself mad

What's a codifier?

Just like how they've been doing a better Marvel than Disney.

Superman isn't Thor and should not be compared to Thor except perhaps to ask who has the better cape.

coulda done without that weird "tony gets put into an alien prison and gathers a bunch of weird aliens" arc.

Superman deconstruction are super played out and terrible.

Eh, maybe half of their films.

I've never noticed this comic, how it is? good?

I agree wholeheartedly which is why I thought it was bullshit that they did it to the man himself.

No he is not.
But Thor has the perfect relationship with killing such as he did The Void.
Chosening not to kill which risk countless lives just to keep the blood off your hands is the most selfish asinine thing imaginable.

But Irredemable isn't about Superman.

Not on film. And Supreme Power wasn't bad in anyway.

>But Thor has the perfect relationship with killing such as he did The Void.
Thor was raised in a warrior culture.
Clark was not.

No

I'll go diamonds if there's scene with some kids creating Superman.

Who asked for this?
Irredeemable was garbage

it is kinda literally about the man who is reborn into the very concept of superman metabullshit

Has nothing to do with him being morally Superior to Superman as Superman is a fucking selfish coward that let's people die for his own sake.

>Chosening not to kill which risk countless lives just to keep the blood off your hands is the most selfish asinine thing imaginable.

Which is why most good Superman stories never frame the no-kill rule in that manner. This is just something people who don't read comics seem to see as a problem because they have improper misconceptions.

The question with Superman is how much help should he be giving (ie inspiring vs handholding).

Yeah, because someone raised in a warrior culture totally won't have a different stance on death than a farmer.

Fuck off.

Read it, it's lots of fun.

>America
>Not a warrior culture

Don't lie to people user.

No

Superior is also getting a movie.

So is Nemesis, Chrononauts, Empress, Jupiter's Children, MPH, Supercrooks, Chosen and Starlight.

Plus Bloodshot and Harbinger leading to Bloodshot V Harbinger: Dawn of Valiant.

Plus Valerian.

>literally ends on a page of Plutonian being reincarnated into superman

retard

I want a THE WAKE movie so much...

Half of those movies are based on Millar's comics?

>le semantics make this literally Superman

No

More than half.

Every comic Millar writes gets optioned off for a movie before the first issue even comes out. That user also forgot to mention the Huck movie.

Cowboy Ninja Viking too

>I can't into blatantly obvious subtext

No, the CCA forcing comics to be child-friendly, and thus having the child-friendly superhero genre take over the industry is what killed comics, and only in America.

The ending was horse shit, if they put that in I will punch out an usher

It's written by Mark SJWaid so it's probably just more tumblr pandering SJW garbage like every Waid comic.

>samefagging

I can't wait for the comic movie meme to die

Waid hasn't been good since the 90s, get over it.

WHAT

THE

FUCK

Superior when?

It is good for the first aprt
Afterwards it becomes average

I'd suggest reading Incorruptible, a side story to it. It's way better

Black Friday doesnt count man

>but muh subtext

You're claiming that Irredeemable is bad because Superman is literally being deconstructed, so resorting to subtext doesn't help your argument.

Irredeemable is about a character called the Plutonian, something that Superman isn't called. He is also blonde, and he has mental issues, different powers, and a different origin. Therefore, he's a completely different character than Superman, no matter how much you want to point to the ending as proof that it's literally Superman.

Besides, Siegel and Shuster developed the first bald Superman by the time they were 19, so it's an alternate universe Siegel and Shuster anyway.

Who you want to be in the role of Based Max Damage and The plutonian?
I would love Jon Hamm like Damage and The plutonian played by henry cavill or arnie hammer.

>if it's not named superman, or looks just like superman, it isn't a superman expy or deconstruction

okayretard.jpg

Thomas Jane for Max

They should get an overweight black transsexual to play the plutonian, and the movie adaptation should be a musical

This. Waid stopped being good once he became a liberal.

Sounds like you can't even keep up an argument. But what should I expect from someone who thinks it's bad because Superman is being deconstructed.

It has their moments.
Incorruptible is better

Sure thing, Fake Comic Fan

Well to be fair Irredeemable is bad for alot of reasons, the trashy ending is just one of them.

The funny thing is I bet you love Cho.

I'm not that top comment, but here's a review for you.

>Superman deconstructions are boring and terrible.
>b-b-b-but this isn't a superman deconstruction!
>yes, obviously it is.
>bb-b-b-ut it's not literally superman, you're wrong!
>No, it's obviously a superman deconstruction.
>yeah well you just don't like 1000th superman deconstruction!

stay butthurt.

>and the movie adaptation should be a musical
I'm all for this actually

Whatever, shill.

Man, do you think we are going to get jokes based on MoS and BvS in this movie adaptation?
Like Max saying to the plutonian he can't break his neck so easily or MARTHA

Oh, and as ()

I actually liked Irredeemable. But it's a superman deconstruction and to think otherwise makes you a retard.

Fake comic fans probably haven't even heard of irredeemable before this announcement.
And while I loved his run on Flash, I can admit Waid's lost his touch.

But your argument hinges on how Superman deconstructions are literally ruining Superman.

>Waid stopped being good once he became a liberal.

He's always been a liberal, Fake Comic Fan.

No one said that in the first place, people only said superman deconstructions are super terrible and played out in general.

No, it never did you illiterate. And that was never my arguement. Some other guy said supes deconstructions were boring and terrible.

You're the idiot who said it isn't even one.

>defensive illiterate people calling someone else illiterate

kek

>damage control

lel

I agree, your damage control is hilarious.

Wow, this thread has a lot of big two drones shitting on a good comic, holy shit.

>The question with Superman is how much help should he be giving (ie inspiring vs handholding).
The way I've always parsed it is that Batman stops the guilty, Superman protects the innocent. Or to put it another way, if they were regular people, Batman would be a cop, while Superman would be a firefighter.

And we don't ask "why don't firefighters kill people"?

Irredeemable is a deconstruction of Superman.

Man of Steel is just a shitty adaptation that completely misses the point of Superman.

>Plus Valerian
Didn't knew about this, nice.

As if we don't already have enough movies based on that hack's work.

I wonder if they'll keep Modeus a guy and be in love with Tony. and let him rape Tony[\spoiler]

There would have to be damage first, instead of just you being wrong and backpedaling.

I agree, since I wasn't wrong and didn't backpedal the way you did.

The first part where it's a world dealing with what is basically a hateful deity is good. Then he goes to a alien prison and drama happens back on earth and it's just eh. But Plutonian is enjoyable if you like laughing at edge.

I'm not either of the people you're arguing with, but Jesus dude just shut the fuck up. You're not going to redeem yourself in this thread so why waste the energy? Just go read something else. You're not gaining anything here.

But Zack Snyder's already making Irredeemable movies for Warner Brothers.

>And we all thought "Man of Steel" was the edgiest that Superman could get on film.

wait, this is a parody or it's serious?

>being this in denial
>being this new

not anymore