Thoughts?

Thoughts?

pretty good. not as ambitious or worthwhile as a normal Miyazaki i think

I riked it, not a fan of Hayao shit

tfw two girls in my row saw me crying at the end

Was my first non-ghibli anime and I loved it

Was great on the big screen

Baffling that you would choose to post this here.

Movie completely goes against what that same director tried to express in 5 Centimeters Per Second. I'm baffled that what was an extremely poignant and thoughtful film has been superseded by a feel-good work with no point outside of it's existence.

Otherwise it's really well written and animated.

>look up the plot of this film because weeaboos literally cannot shut the fuck up about it
>it's about magic trannies
Why am I not surprised?

Fight me nigga

Based Japs not falling for the Disney meme

It's OK.

I think thy spent a bit too much time on the cutesy aspects of it, which left too little time for the climax, and it shows. They have to do 3 timeskips to get in all the necessary information at the end, and have to axe a fairly important conversation to the plot.

Besides the pacing issues though, pretty good movie. Not among the best animated movies ever, not even the best among those released by Shinkai, which still goes to 5 centimeters per second, but still a solid 7-8/10 film. Quite enjoyable, would recommend,

Why did they wait so long before trying to call/text each other?

It was great. It also has a lot of little things that add to the movie. For example Mitsuha begins to wear a bra and tighter fitting clothing to bed when she finds out Taki has been feeling her up. Also things like the dates on their phones being on different days of the week. Neat little things to catch.

It was really weird and too long. But I dont regret watching it.

the movie was filled with plotholes, don't bother asking questions

pretty standard. don't see why it was overhyped

The movie was okay, I enjoyed watching it and visually it looked nice, but it is severely overhyped

Shinkai himself hates the film, he said it wasn't what he wanted to do and it wasn't complete, he also hates being well known

5cm was my first shinkai movie and I was blown away, I hope he goes back to that type of slow storytelling with a great ost

>magic trannies
Kek, yeah that's about it

>plotholes
name one

>Why did they wait so long before trying to call/text each other?

just finished watching this

it was devastating how they forgot each other

I found almost nothing remarkable whatsoever about this film. The story was absurd, has a infantilely stupid ending, and doesn't even sufficiently exploit the gimmick of a boy and girl switching bodies, and even if it had, it wouldn't have made it a good movie. I was utterly shocked when I found out this was that highest grossing anime films, absolutely destroying Spirited Away's record. I don't get it.

Gave me my new fetish

To add, I have to say though that it was better than that other film, I think by the same director, with the teacher and the boy, where I actually really liked the visuals, but pretty much literally nothing happens.

If the ending didn't go down like it did, I would have killed myself

Why did one of them never see a calendar or know what the date was