Why were 90's movies so much better than the shit they make today?

Why were 90's movies so much better than the shit they make today?

Jews got greedier, try to run everything, lost public support, went into war mode. that's why.

because you weren't depressed back then

9/11 ruined everything. EVERYTHING.

Both big business and the internet has brought in too much noise for creatives to have some breathing room to be creative and to be able to pander to all denominators, not just the common or the Oscar bait specific.
There was an environment for them to take chances, and there was also a much bigger room for failure, which resulted in a lot of studio backed trash in between the greatness of that era which we filter out trough our rose coloured glasses. Anyhow, that was then, this is now. Want some whiff of the similar stuff to what made the 90s special? Go binge a tv series.
Don't like it? Just wait for the inevitable streaming media service crash.

Conspiring neocons did more damage to the country and the western psyche than that terrorist attack ever did by itself.

CGI was too expensive and took too long to render so practical effects were still preferred.

So did the writers strike of 07.

niggas plz.

Hollywood isn't real.

this guy gets it.

>like dis if ur a 90s kid XD
put a shotgun in your mouth you fucking idiot

They're weren't you're just a huge nostalgia kid

no, he's right. (and I'm Gen X)

pretty much this

There's a lot of shit from the 90s.

You didn't know what the other thousands of schmucks thought about those movies.

You just started watching movies "seriously" in the last year after leaving Sup Forumseddit so you don't know any better

pretty simple stuff

no OP is correct.

Movies today are utterly horrible.

Almost entirely propaganda.

Please don't think people here aez better than Sup Forums. Both boards are shitholes.

t. 34 year old

Name what you believe are the last "movies" made since 2010

Bump

>Name what you believe are the last "movies" made since 2010
settle down Pajeet

A screenplay today is an afterthought, to be molded & transformed by a test audiences whim.

They weren't. Overall they were worse and looked worse. You thik the best movies of that decade were all that was made back then? They were as always, gems in a sea of now-forgotten shit.

the simplest answer is Chinese market.
up until the 90s movies were basically made for Americans (the other markets were good but not the main focus).
So you could write interesting scripts because you knew the basic audience member would speak english and have a basic grasp of western culture (seeing as they live in it)

China has strict rules of what can be shown there (hence why Mandarin wasn't in Iron Man 3) also you have to film the movie where the character talking is in the center of the shot so subtitles can match up
and the script has to be dumb enough so it can translated easily
Also China loves non-stop cgi action to help them forget working in an Apple Slave Labor Camp 23 hours a day.Thats why when you watch a modern action movie...the special effect sequences go on WAY TOO FUCKING LONG.
(hence ruining the pacing)

Budgets have blown up a lot since the 90s so hollywood can't really take chances and we get "cinematic universes" where every movie is just an ad for the next movie

People will probably say "SJW" but hollywood was always liberal...they care more about making money either way.
RT probably has some effect too where they reward mediocre films with FRESH scores...but its probably not a huge reason why films have become worse.

people in their early 30's were "90's kids" not all these memeing queers born in the 90's who think it's something cool to be.

because you were a child and didn't know better

now you are an adult and trying to chase the same high, getting lower and lower returns with each hit as your arrested development burns you out

this is a cute thing to say but objectively wrong. You can watch a movie from the 90s that was considered bad (or even flopped) and you'd be more entertained by it then most Summer Block Buster flicks made now
not even nostalgia ...watch a film you've never seen before from the 90s or earlier and you'll get more out of it than any big budget hollywood film from this year

just watched this recently because it was posted here on Sup Forums

(its actually from before i was born). So i have no nostalgia over it.

It flopped
the audience hated it
critics hated

its better than any capeshit. If this came out today it would be consider the savior of Hollywood Action flicks because of how awful everything is

remo is classic action cheese

this sums up why todays movies are such bland garbage

>muh Chinese market

HOLLYWOOD ISN'T REAL

IT"S GREATER ISRAEL'S PROPAGANDA WING

their puppet president lost, and hence we get boatloads of propaganda, psyops, and social engineering via TV, film, press etc.

is what it is

yep, first time in my life US is in an actual (though covert) war.

how young and retarded are you user?

I'm prob the oldest person on this board (outside of Shatner)

I doubt that youngfag, seeing as you're too embarrassed to state your age. Or you could just be fucking retarded

The concept of "90s movies" in your mind is basically the best most memorable movies from that era. Whereas the concept of current movies in your mind is all new movies unfiltered. This mental filtering is common and is usually a sign of being a huge retarded faggot.

nigga fuck off.

This is the first real war in 40+ years.

Not some manufactured bank skirmish like Iraq etc.

Western Civilization v. ((())) (globalist etc. whatever you want to call them)

>Whereas the concept of current movies in your mind is all new movies unfiltered
Nope. All current movies are pretty much pure propaganda. (as opposed to the quaint semi-propaganda of yesteryear)

Everyone knows this.

so how old are you kid?

Go back to k*ekistan general, faggot.

Nostalgia

1. 80s
2. 70s
3. 90s
5. 60s
6. 00s
7. 50s
8. 40s
9. 30s
10. 00s

Prove me wrong

Ok lil trumpcuck manchild, time for you to go bed now lil guy. You can get triggered by the joos and tell yourself your tiny dick and virginity is a feminist plot tomorrow. You're still be a loser too cowardly to kill yourself tomorrow.

Because time went by so only the good ones are still relevant/talked about. In 10 years, everybody's gonna be saying why aren't movies as good as they were in the 10s, and so on.

90s movies were shit, but in a different way.

Not really

The 2000s had amazing movies

basically this

>things were amazing when I was a child

Is that why? Makes sense desu

Everything went to shit after 9/11.
And Writer's strike didn't make things better.
And pushing of the kumbaya shit finished the industry, now grab the popcorn and watch the agonizing death.

70s>80s

even though I like more 80s movies than 70s

also 90s is too high

Hollywood isn't real.

People behind Hollywood behind 9/11.

I want Jon Bernthal to play Remo in a remake. He kinda reminds me of Fred Ward

>born in 90-ies

In the Eastern Europe, they got right into the 90-ies films and cartoons.

RIco really went for it there in the park
RIP Buenos Aires

Ranking only relevant decades

70s > 60s > 00s > 90s > 10s > 80s

Your mom isn't real.

>6. 00s
>10. 00s

What did he mean by this?

Have you ever actually done anything in your entire life, or do you just shitpost about things you read from other idiots?

>People behind Hollywood behind 9/11.
yep

Woke niggas ITT

Someone should edit this so that the man in the comic breaks his own neck in the forth panel.

He meant he was retarded

we got to redpill this celebrity obsessed hoodwinked niggas

But I visited her grave last week! Do you mean ...

90s movies are shit