How would you make a Super Smash Bros. movie?

How would you make a Super Smash Bros. movie?

I wouldn't. Thats a dumb idea.

This.
Not every popular thing needs to be a movie, you complete retards.

Please no. Smash has been consistently great since the 90's. Please don't ruin it.

I would not.
-Too many characters. Some fan favorites to the series (Marth, space animals) aren't actually that important to Nintendo, and they would prefer to focus on other franchises (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda).
-Too tough to make a single antagonist that doesn't involve taking a character from one particular series and giving that series too much focus or introducing a boring OC villain.
-Too tough to write for most of the characters without giving them completely new personalities. Heck, look at the lead 3 in that pic. Mario almost never speaks in complete sentences, Link is a silent protagonist, and Pikachu only says Pikachu.

Maybe not a movie, but a mini series could work on Netflix. With each episode focusing on 2 or 3 characters from the roster.

Just

Just do subspace emissary with more writing.

You're going to need a Nintendo Cinematic Universe for that.

>90's
it came in 1999, so it's not even """""90's"""""

Make it a silent 5 minute slap stick cartoon. Most episodes only feauture a hand full of characters

>subspace emissary

That fucking sucked though.

A pretty dumb idea. A series, maybe. You could probably do a shonen anime kinda series. Probably would want to actually not use mario front and center because mario is a pretty ridged character because he's an icon. You'd probably want to go a couple notches down.

>1999
>Not 90's

:|

I don't think we need a Smash Bros movie, but I'd be all for a movie mash up of the Zelda and Fire Emblem universes.

Before that, a Fire Emblem/Dynasty Warriors game crossover please.

Mario is the most flexible character in the cast, why wouldn't you put him center? You can easily inject any kind of protagonist personality so long as it doesn't stray past generic good. He could serve as an excellent straight man to the rest of the franchises.

No, to predictable

I would legitimately be pretty stoked if Nintendo made a bunch of movies based off of their games, and then capped it off with a Smash Bros crossover movie. A few things, though:

-I used to tend to think that characters like Mario are inherently stupid to make movies for. Mario games have a cheap throwaway plot which only really ever gets mockery. Who wants to watch a movie of Peach being kidnapped and then rescued? That is, until I saw the LEGO movie. LEGO straight up doesn't have a plot. They made one up. But it was a LEGO-y plot, with general themes of building/creativity. And it worked too well. A Mario movie shouldn't be the story OF Mario's plot, but a story that happens to take place in that world. Maybe Mario and Bowser have to work together and overcome their differences, or maybe Mario and Luigi have a rift and it damages their relationship, maybe it's about Bowser and Donkey Kong having a squabble for who's the top villain, I dunno. You get what I mean.

-The prevalence of non-speaking and, honestly, personality at all. They need to be handled in a very particular way. Having Link talk would be stupid, but there isn't necessarily a problem with him rarely giving short phrases (in the games, there's already implied talking, like when a character goes "What's your name? Link, eh?" or "Why are you here? Oh, you're looking for the Magic Stone Thing?" etc etc). In these cases, it would still be good to have a more talkative character for things to bounce off of. Maybe Link would be accompanied by Zelda, or a fairy, or something. You can have a silent character, you just normally need some other, speaking characters as well to make it work well.

-The Smash Bros movie itself shouldn't even involve the 'real' characters, but only recreation/"toy" versions of the characters. Especially if the series continues on beyond that. It would feel weird to watch, like, a serious Metroid sequel movie, knowing that Samus had run into, like, Kirby and Wario. That'd be dumb

I wouldn't. I'd do a slice of life anime about all the characters having fun and interacting with one another outside of fights as seen in like all the fan art of the games.

>Captain Falcon featuring Star Fox and Samus Aran

>Fire Emblem
>not important
please dont leave Sup Forums

Don't, but if you have to then just do what Subspace Emissary did.