Hm... Makes you think, doesn't it?

Hm... Makes you think, doesn't it?

No. Batman didn't snap Zod's neck.
Batman jumped to stop Harvey Dent from killing Gordon's son. The fall hurt them both but killed Dent.

People keep using this argument like Batman curb stomped him.

Literally after it happens they cut to a frame of them both on the ground with Batman not moving.

If you think pushing someone out of the way and almost killing yourself to do so is the same as grab someone by the head and breaking his neck...well youre an idiot.

I love these movies by the way but Jesus you Snyder fags really love to justify it to yourselves that these movies didn't have problems when they did.

Darkman is better than any of Snyder's crap

Okay, and what is the "problem" with Superman snapping Zod's neck? You didn't address that.

I didn't have a problem with it.
Thats why I didn't address it.
I will say I don't feel it was earned. Nor was his death. Man of Steel should've been an exciting and invigorating film. So we can get to know Superman and really establish him not wanting to hurt others. And being the boy in blue.

Then in the sequel have it be that he realizes taht the people dont trust him. And then having to face Zod and realizing that the only way to stop this monster is by killing him.

Death of Superman should've been after Justice League especially since they are just fighting Steppenwolf and not Darkseid. Save the need for Superman to come back when Darkseid looms.

That way we have gotten to know the character instead of him just moping around being pissed and being edgy and saving Lois.

He has no character in this movies other then base level christ comparisons and a slight sisyphus adaptions.

Also people saying Batman outright murdered Dent is stupid

The reason Superman grieves for killing Zod is because he has realized that he just killed the only person who fully understands him and now Superman is stuck on an Alien planet as he doesnt at all want to help people.

He clearly says this in BvS when he says to Lois that "Superman was never real" and even Martha says to him "You don't owe this world a thing."

This Superman sucks.

literally nobody cares that superman kills general zod. the movie is just a piece of shit

>literally nobody
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.

You suck.

Maybe so but I'm not the idol of millions.

Yeah you are.

It is pretty simple. In the Nolan Batman movies Batman goes to pretty extreme lengths not to kill people, including the Joker. Batman also tries to reason with Dent taking a bullet with the hope of saving Gordon and his kids, when Dent doubles back on his promise Batman only has the one option left.

In Man of Steel Superman 9/11s half of a goddamn city, but saving three randos by killing Zod is supposed to be a significant emotional moment. Maybe if it was Lois or Martha, since we now know Superman and Batman have mommy issues, then the scene might make more sense. But all this scene is undercut by the idea Superman could've thrown Zod into space or over the ocean where he doesn't have to flatten half a city.

I mean for fucks sake Superman's fight with Zod does more damage than the giant blue "lazer."

It is true that the order they are going in with these movies is absolutely incomprehensible. I have no idea what they are thinking by killing Superman this early. If I had to guess, either they figure the audience is already familiar enough with Superman as a character that they don't need to establish him, or they just want to get an admittedly shitty comic arc out of the way early. Or it could be that Marvel forced their hand, but that would be stupid.

And then for some reason we just have Suicide Squad tossed in the middle of this like it's meant to be an integral part of the universe. Makes no fucking sense.

Because Snyder needs to blow his load with all these Jesus metaphors, which clash with all the God metaphors. Point is Snyder needs to pick one or the other and back off the gas a little.

Come to think of it Watchmen had a lot of those too, so Snyder was doing this shit even before he got a hold of Superman.

Was Sucker Punch the same way? I never saw that one.

Can't you just admit that Superman fucking sucks already?

No I think Sucker Punch was a whole different thing that was like a steampunk dream thing.

>In the Nolan Batman movies Batman goes to pretty extreme lengths not to kill people, including the Joker.
Except for the part where he blows up Ra's Al Ghul's base and kills several people; or later in that same movie where he kills Ra's Al Ghul; or when he tears down the streets in his Batmobile and Alfred remarks that it was a miracle nobody died and Batman didn't give a shit. Or when he led the entirety of Gotham's police department to save one of two people trapped in a burning building, apparently unaware that not all cops have to go to the same place at the same time.

Although, that last one was mostly Nolan's fault, since cops being unable to split up seems to be a recurring theme in his Batman movies.

Personally I think it was actually a good idea to have him kill Zod first so that it changes him and makes him be more compassionate and heroic, but that particular aspect was not followed through in BvS anyway.

Are you William Shatner?

>mean for fucks sake Superman's fight with Zod does more damage than the giant blue "lazer."
Which is why he killed Zod, because there was no end to a fight, they were at a stalemate, what was he supposed to do? He didn't kill Zod only to protect that family from his laser, but becasue Zod would never stop fighting. Take him to a deserted area? Zod would just end up coming back to the city because he knew it was what hurt Superman.

I dunno, why does every new representation of Superman in film have to follow the same narrative with him being a boy scout paragon of morality? What's wrong with a new take on Superman? What's wrong with a more violent and destructive film when the source material is superhumans fighting each other in the first place?

The God metaphors seemed to be him considering how people would view an entity like Superman or Dr. Manhattan if they really existed

Because a human being with literally every super power can either be a paragon of morality or a tyrant. There is no middle ground.

diving into someone and incidentally knocking them off a ledge doesnt look as bad as snapping someones neck. Noland a good director side stepped the issue. Snyder, a failure who doesnt understand nuance walked right into it.

>There is no middle ground.
Explain your dumb thought process.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, unless you are an inmutable moralfag.

It just makes Batman look like a sperg

Two face was about to kill a kid and his father Superman problem is not only killing the guy but destroying half of the city.

People hold superman to a higher moral standard. He's superman for crying out loud

Perhaps Snyder believes himself to be God.

>2017
>still trying to make excuses for a shitty movie, over and over, every day, like a retard with OCD.
>all day, every day
>the movie is still terribly written and shot
I guess this isn't working, perhaps you should try watching more movies. You know, better ones. Your reality warping powers clearly aren't working

>every person who praises MoS is one person
Man, you have your own mental issues, don't you?

>or later in that same movie where he kills Ra's Al Ghul

No, he just doesn't save him.

You can argue semantics all you want, but he never actually killed him.

How is throwing a guy who can fly into space going to stop him? He'll just.come back. The fight didn't even do any where near as much damage as you're saying.

>every person who praises MoS is one person
Said nobody. Stop eating paint chips, son. And go watch some decent movies, this shit is rotting your brain.