Get the OC character thread back up

Get the OC character thread back up.

I was the user that was asking for drawings of the OC Die-Cry AKA Cade Wilson. Did the 2 anons that were drawing him up finish their work?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/MWmiTfQS
imgur.com/a/B4d32
youtube.com/watch?v=tsdkhQis34U
youtube.com/watch?v=b1nxf5KQ2Js
donutsteelstocks.booru.org/index.php
pastebin.com/aeGxPj8B
youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This was the last update of the Die-Cry character I got.

This was the 2nd version of Die-Cry that someone whipped up

Played around with some designs for my Flower Girl character and on the right...some robot pals and some expressions of kid that built them.

Woops!! Here they are.

I'm gonna finally join one of these threads.

Here's a character I made for an idea I'm playing around with.

It's set in the future. I wanted to have an outfit that's clearly not our time but also believably "normal" for a different time. Also wanted to do the same with the name

The top is climate controlled clothing. There's a cold blooded alien race that also wears it so they can go to other places and not die.

The hat is supposed to have tech in it, but I'm working out what sort of tech could be there without it getting to sci fi.

And while I'm at it -

Character designs for a thirty second-one minute short I'm putting together! I'm mostly likely going to go with the one on the far right, but I'm going to simplify the design more since I'm animating with paper cutouts.

The robot pal is my fav. I love robot designs that involve relatively humanoud sections followed by something clearly robotic like a TV face.

I like the design, though he looks a little fat. Is that on purpose?

Right is the best

oc threads don't usually last a lot

i yhink we should set it to an specific day, so anons know that's the day when they can post their donuts

they did somrthing like that for waifu threads on Sup Forums and know every wednesday they have a threads that always gets like 400 post all about questions and answer of what the anons would do if their waifus were real

if it worked for something as ridonculous as waifuism i think it can work for donut steel too

What the donut steal thread needs is a bit more info in the OP.
Some greentext about posting, tips on character making, maybe an archive a link to draw guides. Make it look a bit more legit

Thanks! Yeah, there's something I like about those type of designs too. I do want the faces on the screen to look more toyish and pixelated, so maybe something like those robot dogs or tamagotchis.

Thanks!

A weekly OC thread might be cool.

Aaaand, a few more OCs from another thing I'm working on. I haven't been working digitally lately and I'm too lazy to scan anything else right now, so that's about it, I guess.

this girl has given me so many character design problems, doesn't help that I'm in an art rut and feel like I've forgotten how to draw heads, oy.

She's a young cranky empath living in the near future, just did a bust because this was mostly to try out this hairstyle on her.

Good posts. They need weekly threads on a specific day, and more links and guides to posting.

But ESPECIALLY needs more people willing to respond to other posts and not just waiting for people to respond to theirs.

It's not very fair people just wait for (You)'s and dont try to contribute by actually helping out themselves.

What exactly is the problem?

He's a dad bod rip off/parody of Deadpool and Deathstroke. His name is Cade Wilson. He's a Mercenary but sucks at it. The creation is based on the Venture Bros philosophy of everything and everyone fails always.

We could start OC Fridays. Every friday someone creates an OC thread and we go from there.

Here's a character that I made.

Sure. Maybe have something like "no posting your OC without replying to another." But I wouldnt want it to come to that. People should just want to do it naturally.

I say change the name slightly. It's parody but I still feel the name is a bit on the nose. Like the idea though, very Great Lakes Avengers.

Change the name of OC Fridays?

I apologize for the lack of quality, but an user asked me what she was saying.
>Hello, child. Do you frequent this establishment?
>Please don't mind the smell
>These flowers aren't working
>Watch out for snakes
Her backstory is that Death got bored of doing everything by himself, so he hired a bunch of random people to departmentalize the reaping of souls. She got poison and snake deaths, and her work makes her hate snakes. Still working on the story and my shit drawing skills, sorry

I think this thread should be treated like a request thread. Post one comment on one... etc

Also this thread somewhat competes with the batman thread... i see a lot of OC stuff posted there now days so how exactly is this thread different we need to think about that in future threads

Make it a Saturday of Friday night thing so we have the most deadbeat artists online...

Something like:

>Weekly Donut Steel Thread Saturday night live edition
>Post your OC characters, stories, web-comics, drawings, and other OC.
>Don't be shy post your stuff BUT!
>Don't just dump your stuff, help other anons with their work, if your drawing skill isn't on point help anons with their stories and ideas, don't just sit around and wait for your (You)'s

Links:

>Drawing books:
(Andrew Loomis -Fun with a pencil, The head and hands
Bridgman's Complete guide to drawing from life
Cliff Young - Drawing drapery form head to toe
And a super condensed version of the above books: Stan Lee - How to draw comics the marvel way

>Writing books:
(I really have no idea what to suggest besides just reading popular stuff you like)

>Guide to making characters
(Open to suggestions)

>user Archives (maybe I'm not sure if this should really be a thing for a donut steel thread maybe just archive the whole threads)

i think that design can work but right now it looks too flat you should think about drawing him a little bit more 3 dimensionaly
so the armor can stand out a bit more try looking for sycra on you tube and his video on how to draw basic 3d objects

It would be helpful to say what problem you're having!

Whenever I'm having character design problems, I draw alternate versions of the design. Play around with the shapes some more and have her silhouette, posture, body language, choice of clothing, etc, reflect her personality and who she is as a character.

Nothing in the design says cranky empath to me, so try to push that idea more.

Again, might be cool. I'm for it.

Some books for character design is Tom Bancroft's Creating Characters and Character Mentor. They're both really good and it's what got me thinking about communicating through design.

You need perspective user.
The blue lines need to be parallel to each-other to make it seem like he is really standing. Well maybe the hip line can be opposite if you are drawing a girl in S posture but you get the idea

No, that would be a rule, not the name

A+ post friend

>I say change the name slightly. It's parody but I still feel the name is a bit on the nose. Like the idea though, very Great Lakes Avengers.

Meant for

Will make pastebin post when i figure out all the Helpful links part

I feel this kind of thing would be redundant with the Batman threads.
How would OC general be different?

She appears reptilian in nature, yet she hates snakes?

Also, snakes and poison are a single section that she oversees?

Well this is the way i look at it.
The batmans stuff should be more about the drawing part and it;s quality / critique.
While here anons could work out unfinished ideas, stories too not just drawings.
On occasion to spice this up someone could post an activity like an user in the last thread here have a robot with no legs name him and give him legs. We could offer these characters as stock characters to be used in anons stuff

why not steel donut instead?

because it's a pun/wordplay

donut steel = do not steal

I’ve posted these OCs before, so I’ll elaborate on their stories a bit.

They’re a species of elementals (kinda like deities but not quite omnipotent) that have split into two factions, Fae and Demon. The Demons want to invade and conquer modern Earth, while the Fae are determined to keep the magical world hidden

Cygnima - Queen of the Fae. She’s cold and distant, and can come off as kind of a bitch. But she’s one of the oldest and most important elementals for her ability to purify water and purge toxins from living beings.

Odonata - Cygnima’s right hand. He is loyal to her to an annoying degree. He is inhibited and reserved, and often struggles to make his own choices.

Yettina - Hot-blooded and brash, Yettina revels in the thrill of combat and likes to smash things. She temporarily defected to the Demons because Cygnima insists on pacifism.
During that time she met Gavius, and the two are still friends.

Riki - A forest sprite, Riki rarely ventures outside her realm and is not a major player in the conflict. Energetic and bubbly, she keeps a cheerful attitude even in battle. She can control bees.

(1/2)

(2/2)

Shioruruke - the self-proclaimed Demon Overlord, Shioruruke possesses incredible physical strength and endurance, but lacks elemental powers of his own.
He tried to absorb Khali and her fire powers, but it failed as his physical form could not handle the extra magic.
He is cunning and ambitious, but his ego and pettiness often cause his plans to backfire.
Also he has no idea how the human world works.

Nyosi - Shio’s right hand, she ends up doing most of his dirty work for him. Using her shadow abilities she hides and blends in while on Earth, something he refuses to do. Their relationship is strictly platonic (maybe she’s gay? we just don’t know)

Gavius - A swamp dweller, his magic is fairly weak and he relies on guile to win fights. He joined Shio because no one else was available.

Khali - Used to work with Shio, but as soon as he tried to absorb her elemental power she ran as far away as she could. (Who wouldn’t?) Odonata asked her to join the Fae, but she refused. She was betrayed by the Demons, but didn’t trust them either.

These always remind me of those neopet fairies and I smile a little bit.

pastebin: pastebin.com/MWmiTfQS

This is what I have so far (and i already blew 100$ on books off amazon):

Weekly Donut Steel Thread /dst/: Saturday night fever edition
>Post your OC characters,their personalities ,stories, web-comics, drawings, and all other OC.
>Don't be shy post your stuff BUT!
>Don't just dump your stuff, help other anons with their work, if your drawing skill isn't on point help anons with their stories and ideas, don't just sit around and wait for your (You)'s
>Contribute to thread activities like stock character creation to keep the thread alive.

Useful Links:

>Drawing books:
(Andrew Loomis -Fun with a pencil, The head and hands
Bridgman's Complete guide to drawing from life
Cliff Young - Drawing drapery form head to toe
And a super condensed version of the above books: Stan Lee - How to draw comics the marvel way

>Writing books:
William Strunk - The Elements of Style
Lynne Truss - Eats, Shoots & Leaves
John Gardner - The Art of Fiction

>Guide to making characters:
Tom Bancroft - Creating Characters with Personality, Character Mentor.
Keith Thompson - Drawing and Painting the Undead, 50 robots you can draw and paint.

>Hand drawing to digital for mobile:
CamScanner

>user stock characters Archives:
(embed)

Man, I found out about "phone scanners" recently and man it was pretty great. Managed to straighten out a tonne of my drawings. Now if I want to go over something digitally I dont need to set up my scanner.

dis is y guy half dog/ghoul/snake dont let the cold exterior frighten u, he is just shy

Confirmed rapist.
Maybe a Hatred mod charter
It's really the eyes and conflicting messages it's sending with the happy go lucky shirt

So avatar with a few more steps? Whats the overall story, dose it have a main character or is it like a Game of thrones watch the politics unfold thing

>Think I'll draw up my OCs real quick on my tablet
>Takes me like 30 mins
>Still looks like shit
Anyway, they're scientists who fight shit. Guy's Alan, gal's Iris.

This is Ricky, I made him in 2013. Earlier this year I started to make comics about him, nothing super interesting, just 4-panel-fun.
Please be gentile
imgur.com/a/B4d32

thats a terrible thing to say about him, hes just stand offish

Not bad user got a story for them?

Any story behind the mask?

Duly noted, user. Thanks
No one cared who she was 'til she put on the mask
I like it from a design standpoint, but haven't given a reason for it.

Reposting one of my OCs again.

A choleric 14 year old girl named Ruu. She doesn't take guff from others, whether it be girls, guys, orcs, elves, or anything really. Her fists of justice are infamous around the neighborhood. Though Ruu has a hard time cooperating with strangers, she is loyal to her friends and especially her own family.

yeah I was in a rush so sorry for not giving a definite problem, it was mostly logistics with the kind of realistic but lighthearted world she's supposed to fit in and colors, and I think she looks younger than she is (19). But thanks for the advice user!

Ricky is a pretty cute beetle. Shame he hasn't had the best of luck. I think if you can somehow get a scanner or better method of putting your comics into a digital format, you might make it. Even though they're doodles, just keep working at your craft. He seems like a fun little guy.

I think Nat should have just a bunch of goofy gadgets and plot convenient devices stashed inside her hat. If its the future, they probably have some efficient way to do everything, and a ton of people can't live without their hats.

Also, I am loving her design. Its simple, but tells a lot about what setting she's from.

Pretty funny stuff... nice and clean humor i like it
if you make it a regular thing i would totally read it

So what's her story, stranger?

Donut Steel Activity Page!
Oh no! someone made this poor crocodile gal but forgot to draw her with proper attire! can you help her by giving her some clothes and perhaps a name?

I wonder if I have a drawing of the full cast lying around.

Either way, I havent worked out the exact year, but it's a near future of the near future. Earth actually succeeds in harnessing energy in the near future which opens up a new technological age, and we acheive space travel. We discover a few alien races relatively close by, which we couldnt find with our telescopes due to the races not having any technology that could be picked up.

Aging has slowed down a bit so she's probably 23 but looks like a teen.

Oh! Future bros! I dont think her looking younger than she is is a problem for future characters. For the world, think about what limits in sci fi it may have. For example, my future world has space travel, and future travel, but no backwards time travel or teleporting.

>Whats the overall story, dose it have a main character or is it like a Game of thrones watch the politics unfold thing
The 2 main characters are Jin and Angela; 2 humans from New Jersey.
They end up stumbling into a portal to the magical world in the high school janitor's closet and have to keep it from falling into the demons' hands.

Jin has fire abilities and Angela has spirit powers. Angela is also a massive weeaboo.

Crocodile Croxy Anderson
Lifeguard in a local swamp, local low hanging fruit for beach boys.

this is just some stupid idea i had a little bit ago but i have these series of characters where they have fruits for heads.
if it were to be a series of some sort, it would be something like a slice of life. there characters would have a problem to solve or experience in each episodes or comic or what have you. kinda like something between rocket power and spongebob

Due to the lack of a significant mother-figure in her life, Ruu has come to ape her father and do what he does. And her Dad is a gun-toting, cigarette-smoking fisherman who has to deal with idiot lizardfolk lackeys on his vessel. But her father isn't abusive or neglectful. She's just learned how to be tough like he is.

Ruu is the kind of person to wear her heart on her sleeve. With no one how to teach her how to act like a normal girl, her childhood and current life a hassle. Rarely does she ever smile or emote feeling. Nor can she control her own emotions, or where her knuckles meet someone's face when her sense of honor has been offended.

But she does care about those who are close to her. Ironically, those ideas are harder to communicate.

Also, at some point in time some days ago I changed her name from Lu-Lu to Ruu.

Cai Steeltrap. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find quality pants that are durable enough for clawed feet and a size 4 tail.

So since its pretty near future, maybe make some more practical gadgets for her then. Homing beacons for emergency situations, retractable earbuds to understand and speak alien languages, or maybe a pouch place to store a penny sized supercomputer with 16k holo-heads up display.

Sounds relatively standard. Would these fruit heads eat through photosynthesis?

Nari Ghara.
She's a swamp-dwelling rogue who likes to steal jewelry and other shiny things.

i like it so i drew him quicky

his design is very simple and that's a good thing, i think you could really benefit from learning how to draw simple 3d objects and poses

you can watch these videos if you want to learn
youtube.com/watch?v=tsdkhQis34U
youtube.com/watch?v=b1nxf5KQ2Js

I'll do it tomorrow. Everyone, keep this thread up for at least a couple of hours. That's an order

Like the name.

Also, on the language thing, Ironically, it's not needed. One race had no language and adopted english, the other was so advanced that learning english is super easy for them, so in the end everyone understands each other.

I did plan on it having general tech for situations. That and her armband. The top of her hat can act as an antennae. And it has a mini holographic projector, or something similar. Homeing beacon is a nice touch.

Completely forgot about how tiny but advanced thier computers should be.

This is an antagonist I've been sketching for the last week or so, I've come to call him "Pain-Killer"

8/10 would play in Dungeons and Dragons

>crocs
10/10

Here's a neat exercise: draw your character in the absolute sharpest outfit you can come up with. maybe post it here when you're done.
here's my example.

that or just normal food. was thinking of having a bit where they question why they eat what they do.

donutsteelstocks.booru.org/index.php

Made an archive for this stuff...
Included in new thread pasta:
pastebin.com/aeGxPj8B

Hmm... I would read this high and love it.
Not high eh it would need to have plots and character development... So just go for them getting tacobell in an old busted RV and getting pulled over by a cop whos head is a coconut... And fill it with a almost scoobydoo lvl of puns

i don't know if having a booru is a good idea

i think most anons already have a place where they put their stuff so i think it would be better if evertyone just posts links to whatever site they have

I'm gonna donate some of the templates I use.

I look at it as an archive of inspiration. It's not ment to archive all the posted stuff and user OC remains their OC its meant for thread activity characters.
If you hit wall you can look at a few premade characters and it might hit a lightbulb.
I'm not saying anons shouldn't post links to their work infarct i encourage it but this provides a library of inspiration for rejects and things that would die with the thread.

Much appreciated user

Looks very Mad-Max esque.

What's the story behind them?

I like the character design and backstory. Sounds like a pretty good coming of age story for her.

I myself can't draw, so I cobbled together a figure of my OC. He's basically a supernatural mercenary that deals with the paranormal in a turn of the 20th century setting. The majority of his armaments however, are mostly for rituals and his most common and effective skill is his knowledge of various burial rites.

Sup Forums
Why is our chubby zombie friend confused?
Where is he?
Who is he?
Who was he?
What happened?
Why is he shirtless?

Well if you want to do this you may as well check for the original template and the toaster guy.

do you like my cuties Sup Forums?

She sees them like how some people see monkeys: underdeveloped and primitive
Working exclusively with people who are killed by them doesn't help.
>Also, snakes and poison are a single section she oversees?
Still working on that. Right now, the in-universe reason is that Death is a lazy bastard

I mean reptilian doesn't automatically mean snake or liking snakes. Lizards get eaten by snakes all the time and I'm pretty sure they are just as reptilian and don't like them. It's a pretty good dynamic people always hate their next door neighbor kind of thing

Thank you, Mad Max really inspires me

And by the way I'd totally read a comic about a supernatural mercenary

They look beat. Reminds me of something out of Foster's Home.

Cheers! What's the gist of your story by the way?

Well Pain-Killer was one of two U.S. Navel Foremen, that were part of a Marine (pretty some bullshit spec ops) squadron. They fought together for years, became close. On their third tour, they were wiped out; all but the two Foremen, who would eventually become Pain-Killer and Blood-Pact. Turns out Pain-Killer sold his own men out and staged his own death, but in the process lost his right arm. So Blood-Pact simply wants revenge.

bump

Have some Sonic fancharacters

Reminds me of the story of Soldiers 76 and Reaper from Overwatch.

I did up mockup of a comic page a long time back for someone on /toy/. Excuse the picture quality as every Hong was don on my phone.

>everything was done on my phone

Autocorrect kills me sometimes

bumb

random catgirl I drew. She's an Egyptian Mau.

youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

last bumb, i guess it would be better to just end this thread and make another one tomorrow using this as op

I drew these fuckers for a setting I am developing (extremely slowly, because I am a lazy git.) some time ago.

really neat bug lookin armor things

So many wonderful OCs and all I have to post is the same 3D model from months ago.

Love them!

Thanks. They are warriors of one of the Noble Houses of the setting. Basically bio-engineered shock troops intended for both fighting the warriors of other houses, as well as keeping the masses of freaks that make up the majority of the inhabitants of the setting (a giant, decaying organic city), in check. Due to the secrets of bioengineering being largely lost knowledge, with the remaining shreds being jealously guarded by the various factions, (biggest among them the Noble houses), the warriors of various houses differ greatly from one another.

These are warriors of a house whose technological capacity is not as great as that of the previous one, as such, their warriors are more crude and instead of in depth, genetical manipulation or advanced biotech, they rely on simpler augments and prosthetic limbs to enhance their warriors.

>Assassin
>Hedonist
>Violator
>Subjucant
>Nark
I love it

That house is sort of depraved, producing tons of drugs and various other pleasure and excess related domains, They offer the desperate and sickly common denizens of the city brief experiences bliss, for a price. And should those fools fail to pay up, they will often end up as one of the "Servants" of the house, as a way of paying their debts. The Nark, Subjucant, Hedonist and Violator are all examples of freaks who have been forced, or either willingly entered a contract with the House that has seen them augmented and enhanced into warriors, spies, and other servants of the house.

The Vatborn on the other hand, are commissioned servants, that have been genetically engineered and biocrafted to suit their roles.

These guys on the other hand, belong to a warlike, but technologically not that sophisticated House. Their warriors have been enhanced with sharp claws, massive maws filled with sharp fangs, and various other rather primitive organic weaponry. They form bands of marauding slavers and raiders, that constantly seek resources, be it weaponry, food, or denizens of the city living under other houses, which to drag back to their territory, where they are put to use as the masters of these raiders see fit.

I like the Lienis designs the best. What's their story?

Lienis is a young house, whose rise to power came in chaotic times of noble conflicts that saw many great houses splintered and broken. Lienis managed to defeat, and subjugate most of the other warring houses via a combination of cunning political alliances (and soon to come backstabs) technological ambition not seen in centuries, and finally, by using the freak masses to their advantage in order to overwhelm their foes. That is long in the past now however, and the Lienis of today is a large house beset by both internal conflict, in both the House itself in the form of strife between ambitious nobles, as well as brewing rebellions among the freak masses, to whom house Lienis has become to represent oppression, and exploitation.
In addition, the House is in a state of near constant war and strife against other, lesser houses, biggest among them being House Chot.
The few allies they have, are in the form of various artisan and biocrafter guilds, that form the basis of a strong economy and industry, that has kept Lienis wealthy and powerful for generations.

The final house I have developed right now, is picture related.They are an old house, who (at least according to themselves), posses pure and untainted bloodlines that can be traced right back to the progenitors of the Noble houses themselves. They are technologically the most advanced house, but have fallen from power in the face of the upstart house Lienis. Their knowledge of genetic engineering, and biocrafting is supreme, but they consider this knowledge near holy, and see altering ancient designs and ways of shaping the flesh as near profane, which ultimately makes them technologically stagnant. Their warriors are expertly grown, every fiber of their being cultivated to highest standards, laced with advanced biological functions other houses can't even dream of replicating. This superiority comes with the cost of Baryx warriors being far, far less expendable than that of the other houses.

Holy crap, thank you so much for your support! This is inspiring, I might continue the comics if you really like them and I'm actually taking some drawing classes, not the best but is something I can afford.

Your designs remind me of the Zoanoids from Guyver, looks interesting!

Eh, people probably dont want their OC's posted on a website for anyone to visit.

this thread is kinda dead and i don't think it will survive til tomorrow

im drawing a mini comic with 2 of my oc's but i still need to finish the last panel and color it

i hope someone makes this tomorrow so i can post it when it is finished