Why not start burning the forest down once the supernatural shit starts, especially once daylight doesn't happen

Why not start burning the forest down once the supernatural shit starts, especially once daylight doesn't happen

Fuck I thought that one girl with the dyed hair was a qt. Anyway, given the witch's level of plot armor, the woods would probably become fireproof, or it would rain, or the matches/lighters would vanish.

>Not saying the fire would turn against its maker and consume them

that was exactly my thought. If I am going to die then fuck, I am going to bring it all down with me. I can try my luck at outrunning the fire.

But they made a fire which continued until they woke up. Also you're right, she was a qt but when she got snapped in half because of the other girl was kinda funny

lol why didn't they just leave the forest?

Rain probably would have quelled it, but that's not a bad idea frankly.

Although all the shit went down in a single night and they were distracted/split up by the time they realized it.

Anyone have pic of said qt?

she doesn't look like this in the movie tho

Why didn't they just fly on the eagles out of the forest.

It's been stated that the witch has the ability to control time and space in the forest or something.

So they were fucked anyway.

lol how can a witch have that much power?

satanist magic

The two locals who spent 5-6 days in perpetual night could have done it.

Also what was up with the bright light at the end

the power of feminism

yasssss queeeeen materialized

They probably didn't have anything to start a fire.

As for the lights, on the movie commentary the director and writer refused to reveal anything and acted super pissy about the movie not doing well financially. They basically came off as if they were expecting a guaranteed sequel and said they weren't explaining shit now.

>A witch

>The size of a tangerine

Well that's super gay of them.
Also you can make a fire with some twigs and shit

You can, but you have to mold them into a bow drill, and even experienced survivalists have trouble doing it at times.

Why even make a movie about a villain with no known vulnerabilities or rules who can just fuck with characters at will?

No win scenarios that don't even have the illusion of possible escape/reprieve are so boring.

People get bored on Saturday nights.

because to like 90% of people, even going into a forest for an extended period of time would be unsettling

It was obviously alluding to UFOs in some shape or form or possibly something like the deadlights from IT

What was the deal with the tape at the beginning? Were they incorporating time travel now?

Main girl was a qt, though.

That house the serial killer owned burned down in the 40s so either time travel or reality warping powers

We live in a forest controlled by god who has space and time controlling abilities... why didn't they just browse Sup Forums in their phones to defy the witch? She probably would have just kicked the out.

>Burn down the forest
This is my favourite fucking meme and it's been so long since I've seen this.

Is it not a valid tactic when they were shown to make a campfire and continue it until the next day?

I thought it was the forest rushing through daylight. Honestly, and especially given all the other stupid shit, I really started to think it would be the light from their computer room as they watched themselves.

Indeed. The local guy found the tape in the woods, uploaded it, his brother found the link online, which prompted them to go to the woods and make the tape, so it's one big loop.

A lot of movies are doing this time distortion shit now (Interstellar for example,) and they think it's clever when it's really just a retarded excuse to get away with not having a real conclusion.

To be fair, when they use it to move FORWARD in time, it's actually kind of cool. The idea that the local couple had wandered the woods in desperation for days when it had really been hours was jarring. But the idea that they came to the woods after watching their own tape is retarded.

>really started to think it would be the light from their computer room as they watched themselves
kek

this. the witch was like dr. strange-levels of being overpowered

The best Blair Witch media was the mockumentary they released to promote the first film, it's Lovecraftkino