WHY DO BATMANS VILLAINS EXIST WHEN BATMAN HIMSELF DOESNT???

WHY DO BATMANS VILLAINS EXIST WHEN BATMAN HIMSELF DOESNT???

Otherwise it'd just be NYPD blue

Why not?

It's just a cash grab niggi don't look to deep into it, I don't think it's considered canon

None of those villains were created as a result of Batmans actions so who care

Bruce is around 14 right now I think.
Assuming he's Bats by the age of 22 then
Riddler will be 37
Freeze will be 48
Penguin will be 46
Strange will be 54
Selina will be 22
Ivy will be around 20/21

There is literally nothing wrong with these ages

Why doesn't Batman just rape Gotham?

What does Batman have to do with the creation of his villains? If anything isn't this situation the very thing that gives rise TO Batman?

>Batman Rapes the DC Universe
I'd read it.

>All of Batman's villains were caused by Batman

I want casuals to leave

>None of those villains were created as a result of Batmans actions so who care

This, and honestly I prefer this to the usual "it's your fault Batman if there are supervillains".

The only villains that are straight Batman's fault are Joker, Two-Face, and Catwoman.

>He's as mad as a Hatter
Cool mad Hatter reference might be cool
>we're all mad here
Fuck! I can already tell they're going to go overboard with mad Hatter.

How the hell is Two-Face his fault?

Nah on Catwoman. Its not his fault she was street raised.

What's the name of the show again you fucking idiot?

Why Catwoman? She was like Batman's second villain to appear in history and she was just some cat burglar with a previous rap sheet.

Because Batman, like all of his villains, are a product of Gotham's own strain of bugfucking craziness.

If he just killed all the criminals then Harvey wouldn't have been scarred.

He'd probably still be crazy though.

This.

It's completely understandable to have the origin stories of villains in the comics involve Batman, because that's who Batman comics are about.

But the whole idea that Batman's existence somehow results in a bunch of people, most of whom committed crimes anyway (PENGUIN, NYGMA, MAD HATTER, CATWOMAN, AND THE RED HOOD) is literally Joker tier logic.

One of the few things Gotham did correctly, despite any other flaws, was connecting the Wayne murders to the city's spiral into crime and corruption, as well as making Bruce Wayne's transformation into Batman more a product of what Gotham had become rather than the other way around.

Because this show's entire concept is retarded.

You're stupid as fuck.

It kind of justifies the existence of Batman more.
Why would the city need a billionaire ninja to fight crime?
Because criminals have freeze rays.

In most versions it's Batman's machinations that ultimately cause Dent to be scarred. But really I only said Two-Face because Batman himself considers it his fault.
Catwoman only thought to dress up when she robbed people because of Batman. She's the first copycat. In Year One at least.

"Batman made his villains lol" is just some movie shit they do to make things more tidy.. while a lot of Batman stories do have him involved in parts of villain's origins a lot of them would still be villains if batman wasn't around.

People keep complaining about age gaps and batman beating up on old men, but ever since they started giving Batman ridiculous martial arts skills its been hard to sell Penguin, riddler, and so on as physical threats anyway.

see
>year one

So she was still a villain, but she just dressed like a freak because of Batman

In most modern interpretations Selina's already a thief, but she only adopts the costume and the persona after Batman shows up.

I thought the origin from Long Halloween is usually the one accepted by everyone

So it's kind of his fault. Like, Batman's the RuPaul of Gotham and he gets credit/blame for the dragshow it's become.

>I'm rich and bored, so I'll obviously fight crime dressed as a bat
>We're criminals and just got our ass kicked by a crazy man. We should dress as themed costumed villains now.

Why would you EVER keep this dime novel writing?

Well, that's kind of his fault in a "I didn't trust him" and "I didn't save him, after I bothered to visit the trial in full costume in the middle of the day". Or is that Dark Victory? Ah who knows.
I'll cede the point.

He didn't make her a villian, but he gave her the idea of being a named one. Totally different.

Mark Millar wanted to write this story I believe

People talk about how Batman causing his own villains is a stupid concept, but apparently every villain in Gotham being connected to the Waynes' murder in someway is okay and not contrived bullshit?

No, every criminal connect to Strange is beliveable

>accepting any non BTAS Two-Face origin as canon

And after that Bruce says if he did put more trust in dent that wouldnt have happened to him.

Half the point of Batman's rogues gallery is that they are the byproduct of his actions as a vigilante

Except that wasn't the case for literally decades until things like the Burton movie started cropping up.

Penguin was already a villain.
Riddler was already a villain.
Firefly was already a villain.
Freeze was already a villain.
Ivy is already on her way to being a villain.
The Joker meme was spread already.

Hugo Strange has not been involved in the origins of any of the villains we know of so far beyond Azrael. He helped Freeze out along the way, but otherwise him having associations with the villains is hardly surprising because he runs the goddamn Arkham Asylum, where they all pass through.

No that's only what has been pushed strongly relatively recently, for ages it wasn't the case at all. And there's plenty of flaws with the idea that Batman somehow brings all the crims to the yard. Especially with the whole "Gotham is cursed and will always be a cesspool" thing that has also emerged even more recently that suggests that crazy will always stick to gotham like flies on shit.

Because the story is being told...and it is the nature of the city.

That's why we have had so many false starts on the Joker. Bruce's story is being told, so of course that pimpling infection wants into this reality. It wants to press against the boundaries of the bleed and reach out and touch whoever it can to act through.

Gotham isn't cursed.

Gotham is a machine. It is a machine made to build the bat. A complex mechanism of great cosmic importance.

I thought it was literally on a demon on something

Well, it sort of is. Gotham has been circled by a demon hunting the bat. An idea, a weapon.

A hunter killer idea seeded through history as a failsafe to-

Yes. Its built on a demon. A demon, the last fuck you of the space god of evil, and a few untapped and unrefined lazarus pits.

That's what I wanted.

All of them but Mr Freeze I can accept. Mr Freeze's origin must be post-Batman it's just his character.

Really? Mr Freeze of all people? Why?
He's just a scientist who resorts to crime to fund his experiments.

Because Batman being present for his origin is part of their relationship.

riddler is a little older than he needs to be, but it would be neater if the characters weren't full villain yet
like Freeze should still be a normal man
and it feels odd that Harvey is so old, him and Bruce are suppose to be close friends

I have no idea how old Harvey is. He might look older than he is because of his unhealthy lifestyle.

Yeah I really like the idea that it's Batman's existence which is the reaction to the insanity and corruption of Gotham rather than Batman existing causing the escalation, it really justifies the need for it.

>The look on young Bruces face when he sees Azrael in action
>earlier in the episode he was arguing with Gordon about having to do things outside the law to get justice

Elseworld.

I actually prefer Batman's villains came before him. The existence of Batman would also kind of make more sense. The city is terrified of freaks in costumes and for Bruce to become a freak in a costume to beat and scare the shit out of them, is a pretty cool idea to me.

>Look at this kid! He always hits a homerun, he's like some sort of Bat-Man or something!

>Damn Waylon, those are some killer crocs you got on!

why does batman exist?

because gotham exists

That's a fucking meme brah. Even the Joker was a villain before he met Batman.

Because this show is garbage

but we are not talking about Arrow, Supergirl, LoT or Flash

Tell me how Penguin being penguin has anything to do with Batman. Killer Croc? Batman didn't give him that degenerative disease. Ivy is a plant freak, and would still be one even if there wasn't a Batman. They had a whole BTAS episode that basically served to debunk the myth, by showing why each villain was the way they were based on their own decisions.

Cause? Because Gotham is cesspool of crazy that churns out freaks like them.
Purpose? To give Batman a reason to exist.

it also makes no sense in the DC universe

I mean, do people blame Green Arrow for his enemies

This. The "Batman creates his villains" thing is a relatively new addition to the canon. I much prefer that Batman is a natural part of his city's ecosystem.

Remember, there are other superheroes in the world. Batman was inspired by Alan Scott, who used to operate in Gotham.

>Two-Face
ehhhhh, he was always crazy, and Harvey's own pursuit of justice was what got him scarred. But yeah, Catwoman is a thrillseeker following in Batman's footsteps and Joker is just Batman's shadow.

>best cape sow ever made
>garbage

Please elucidate how Batman is required for "my wife is dying so I froze her and now I'll do anything I can to cure her".

It makes more sense for him to be a villain up until he meets Batman because Batsy can go all "yo I'll fund research and equipment and shit".

I mean we know Fries would refuse it because muh villain but it still makes as much sense as Batman being somehow essential to his origin.

Oh so you are Flashfag.

literally everything is better than Gotham

Have you not seen Arrow?

at least it had 2 good seasons before going into the shitter

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, user. Most people are parroting what they learned from The Dark Knight or Frank Miller. That and the Arkham Games are as far as most people's Batman knowledge extends, and they think it makes them experts.

I mean, it's not bait if he's right, is it? Flash had a solid first Season but has been floundering this season. Hell, I think Gotham's leaps and bounds better than Daredevil too.

>Green Batman
>Ever Good

no

no

There are multiple creative takes on Gotham, Batman, the villians gallery, the psychology of them all, etc.
If you read the original Detective Comics from #1 on it's adventure crime drama with the villians (and detectives) growing more flamboyant over time but each having their own distinct simple origins not connected to each other at all and it's just constant thwarting of their crimes that create that animosity, if you read some post retcon flashbacks there's all sorts of reasons for villians to obsess over Batman specifically, if you watch the cartoons for your origins there's reasons to hate Bruce or Batman personally, if you watch the movies it's personal again, but if you read some other stories their origins have nothing to do with Batman or Gotham: they're just the products of a DC universe.
If you're one of those who are intent upon clinging to the notion of how this comicbook world SHOULD work then don't judge the show too harshly, after all the characters like Nigma are crazy and flamboyant but Nigma's not the Riddler yet, Hugo isn't a known criminal, Oswald is still trying to be a normal Gothamite: there can still be a push from Batman yet to come.

Batman's not even the only hero in Gotham, but no one ever says that Ragman and Simon Dark create all of Gotham's villains.

Doesn't matter. You'll also notice that ever Gotham thread also has somebody say " why is Bruce still in Gotham as a child instead of spending 20 years training to be a ninja in a mystical Asian monastery?"

None of these people care about anything Batman related that wasn't written by Frank Miller.

literally fucking how

He's 26 when he becomes DA. That's one of the few ages that gets thrown out in Batman canon, and I think it stays pretty consistent

I think they were confusing him with Bullock since that is the Harvey most seen and the one with an unhealthy lifestyle.

A pretty decent reason too. When he knew nothing about his parents murder it was just some random crime causing him to be obsessive and go to extremes. While he is already down that path in the show, all these crazy bastards give him a clearer reason to clean up the streets because everyday cops can't handle lunatic after lunatic fucking everything up.

Gotham was weird prior to Batman, especially in continuities where it was the first Green Lantern's hometown.

I really, really hope that the last season has Bruce finally tracking down all the Wayne enterprises conspirators, trying to suss out just who ordered the hit on his parents....

and never finds it. And he meets Joe Chill and finds out it was just a random street crime. There was a whole net of conspiracies all tied up around his parents, and yet their death was just random chance.

Gotham has had one and a half great seasons and the other half season was still okay at worst.

but I watched the first episode and there were no splosions so I stopped watching and decided to shitpost about it all the time

Too late. They already implicated Malone.
But how's Joe Chill connected to Wayne Enterprises???

This

I disagree. In fact, they went out of their way to not confirm that Malone killed the Waynes.

Don't you mean... causals?

Even if Malone didn't do it and just claimed he did in an attempt to get Bruce to end his life, it's been confirmed that someone was contracted to kill the Waynes by Hugo Strange.

The guy confessed and suicided. That's pretty dang incriminating. (and Bruce was there to get even more messed the frak up by more death, way to go Gotham)

Nah

>Show about Gordon and Gothams Cops
>Dealing with ordinary crime + emerging theatrical supervillainy
>The Batman is basically an urban myth and the viewer never sees him outside of sillhouettes and shadowy darting figures on the rooftops

Give it the same tone as Se7en. With Batman.

I thought of Gotham City all through when I first saw Se7en. It just felt like a Batman story.
( Only way later on I realized it was a take on Dante's Divine Comedy. )

So has batman cured Gotham's curse yet?

He said he wouldn't remember killing them if he did, then was going to let himself be murdered.

There was something about Malone, but him being the Wayne's killer isn't necessarily it. It's like the Jerome fakeout.

How does it feel to have so shit taste. Does it hurts?.

Who else /broken/ here?

Sure, Batman doesn't create the villains.

He makes them stronger with his presence.
He forces them to 'git gud'

They are right though, he's starting to reach the age when we went for training abroad.

Because he didn't create them. That's just a meme that you bought into.

this

this as well

No, he's entering the age where he went overseas in some meme stories he went to fulfill some faggoty ninja fetish.

It genuinely makes no fucking sense for a character's whose entire motivation is having an obsessive attachment to a city to up and leave for a decade for #reasons.

yes, I remember it exactly. Batman gave Killer Croc his Croc Scales because he was disgusted by his inferior skin color, he transmorphed brilliant well meaning mayor Oswald Cobblepot into a hideous Penguin Mobster because the Waynes have always hated the Cobblepots. You fucking dumbfuck literally Bane is one of the bigger Batman Villains that was actually influenced by the Batman.

>leaps and bounds better than DD.

Let's not go insane.