What is the single greatest Warner Brothers cartoon?

What is the single greatest Warner Brothers cartoon?

inb4 the fuckin dover boys

Not a bad answer really.

It came much earlier and was far wackier.

>not inb4 Book Revue

Literally me

one froggy evening

/thread

You all know the answer

HELLO MY BABY, HELLO MY HONEY, HELLO MY RAGTIME GAL

The title of the single greatest Warner Brothers cartoon. I'll steal it! No one will ever know!

I'm sure somebody's favorite is a Freleng short, but I wonder how many would rank a McKimson the highest? Nothing against either, but Jones and Clampett do dominate people's favorites. Favorite Avery shorts tend to be MGM-era too.

The Impatient Patient

Wasn't there an exorcist parody with Daffy? And Invasion of the Body Snatchers that was a meta joke about cheap animation? Did Warner Bros. just kind of go through a horror phase?

well it's definitely up there in the top 20 to 50 I'd say(which says something considering how many of the damn things were made

>Wasn't there an exorcist parody with Daffy?

Quackbusters?

KILL DA WABBIT
KILL DA WABBIT
KILL DA WABBIT

Friz Freleng's best cartoons kill in a theatre. He had the best sense of timing, especially to music, in the business.

I'm not sure I'd go for one of his as #1 but the early Yosemite Sams like Bugs Bunny Rides Again and High Diving Hare, and some of his classical music cartoons, have a claim.

I had a friend whose favorite was Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs and it is, truly, amazing, even if we'll never see a good official copy of it. It's to Clampett what The Dover Boys is to Jones, a perfect distillation of what made the director special, using human characters instead of funny animals. Too bad about the lips. (Also Jones' Inki cartoons are great but will never be seen again for the same reasons.)

It's between Duck Amok and The Rabbit of Seville

Book revue

Correct.

Yeah, totally, Pigs in a Polka is one of my favorite Frelengs.

Who's ya favorite director
>Unit 1
Tom Palmer
Friz Freleng
Ben Hardaway (2nd time) and Cal Dalton
Freleng (again)

>Unit 2
Earl Duval
Jack King
Frank Tashlin (1st time)
Chuck Jones

>Unit 3
Benard Brown (though some sources indicate he wasn't the actual director)
Ben Hardaway (1st time)
Tex Avery
Bob Clampett (2nd time)
Arthur Davis

>Unit 4
Ub Iwerks
Bob Clampett (1st time)
Norm McCabe
Frank Tashlin (2nd time)
Robert McKimson

Probably Jones, Avery and Tashlin.