Say it with me Sup Forums

CAPESHIT FATIGUE

>$427.6 million worldwide

nah

They're making billions of of these things it'd take two hard flops in a row before they started to rethink things.

not to mention the merchandising

they made millions off of baby groot alone

But it was actually good.

i like how they try to hide gamora away in all their promotional team pics

I always thought it would be a slow decline instead of one hyped up Marvel movie would suddenly be a flop.

CAPESHIT FATIGUE

DIE CAPESHIT

takes plebs 5 years to figure out what patricians 5 seconds to realize

really tickles your under almonds

Maybe if marvel didn't open their movies over seas before opening them at home I would actually watch them

Marvel makes me feel like sloppy seconds. Last marvel movie I pad to see was Captain America first avenger

They actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme superhero space shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit movie

Well, you thought right considering GotG2 is doing pretty well and is outperforming the first one so far.

>CAPESHIT FATIGUE

>Sequel opens with 54% bigger weekend than original

MCU film series just broke $11 billion at the box office.

>literally who/ what first movie
>nothing but good will and hype for second

>GOTG2 is 3rd lowest grossing Marvel flick

MARVEL IS FINISHED!

First was supposed to be a flop according to critics and Sup Forums before it came out.

>"no one would pay money to see a movie with a talking racoon"

Well yeah, that's why it's doing so much better. Are we really going to pretend that a 145 million opening weekend is somehow bad?

>Are we really going to pretend that a 145 million opening weekend is somehow bad?

Especially since it was $427 million weekend.

I love how the jews like to only report their American income to make it look like they barely break even.

This. Everybody knows that if you don't crack 700 million in your first week you're doomed. Hell, look at Suicide Squad, it was manage to hit its break even point of $1.2 Billion in just 4 days!

>CAPESHIT FATIGUE
can't come soon enough, but doesn't look like it is here yet

How much is GotG really capeshit anyway? They're part of the Marvel Universe, but the movies themselves aren't really superhero movies

>2x-3x advertising budget
lol it will never break even.

its basically what people want from star wars

as soon as its tied into marvel universe shit its gonna tank

Kek, can't wait for this movie to hit 1 billion and DCfags having to pretend it still somehow was a flop.

Marvel comics have always had a very different tone between the earth stuff and the space stuff. I doubt they'll be much crossover between the two after they collect the chaos emeralds

>tfw you realize wonder woman is still happening

Technically DC is averaging more per film ($762M/film).

The early marvel movies drag down the average box office, but they were made for a fraction of the price. Two of the three DCU films under performed.

After 3 weeks, yeah