I've been a TMNT fan since I was a little kid and I haven't watched this yet. How bad is it?

I've been a TMNT fan since I was a little kid and I haven't watched this yet. How bad is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtv.com/news/1877849/ninja-turtles-pizza-hut/
youtube.com/watch?v=HeaugHGd1Kw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's fun. I enjoyed it probably more than I should have. People calling it complete shit are just angry. Turtles is what it is. Just fun shit. Actually looking forward to the new one.

It was completely awful.

HOWEVER.

ALL the TMNT movies are awful. Yes, even the ones from the 80s that you loved as a kid. They are awful. However, they also fun. This movie was too.

There weren't any TMNT movies in the '80s.

Also the 1990 movie is one of the best comic book movies of all time.

Very bad. Boring non-turtle plot points take up the majority of the story and the turtle stuff are either bare or contradictory.

The movie reeks of many bad rewrites.

Do you like TMNT?
Do you like fun?
Are you fine with seeing the turtles in a different interpretation that isn't at all serious?
Then you can enjoy this movie.

Not bad at all, not as good as the orignal but miles above any of the sequels including the cgi one

I liked it.

especially the part when shredder beats off half a group of skilled fighters with only his neck.

>beats off

Its not good.

The majority of the movie is about April o' Niel, the Ninja Turtles are secondary characters compared to April.

Lifelong Turtle fan here. Here's what you're in for:

Megan Fox is absolute shit, a total insult to the character of April O'Neil, and almost ruins the movie. Almost.

Splinter is a badass, well-voiced, and looks decent.

In spite of Transformographagizing him, Shredder could've been worse. And at least he's Japanese.

The plot is beat-for-beat cribbed from The Amazing Spider-Man. The climaxes are nearly identical.

Perhaps a bigger insult than Megan Fox's "performance" is that Splinter entices the Turtles with Pizza Hut. I get it, Bay loves his product placement, but seriously, Pizza Hut? In fucking New York City?

Despite their costuming being atrocious and their designs overly-complicated, the Turtles' personalities are nailed, thanks to good acting. Even Johnny Knoxville is okay as Leo, which I was not expecting.

Very ho-hum and by the book, but it's definitely not the worst piece of TMNT media ever put out. It's not even the worst TMNT movie.

Pro-Tip: Watch the movie pretending that every actor that shares a scene with Megan Fox is not reacting to what she's saying, but instead to her delivery and acting ability. Opposite Will Arnett, you don't even really have to pretend. You can see some genuine hatred and exasperation in a few shots.

Dude, in the 90's it was Dominos

That doesn't make it better or acceptable.

>Perhaps a bigger insult than Megan Fox's "performance" is that Splinter entices the Turtles with Pizza Hut. I get it, Bay loves his product placement, but seriously, Pizza Hut? In fucking New York City?

seriously?

Id be disappointed if they didn't shill DESU.

Shell Shocked > Ninja Rap

I went into this movie wanting to hate it and I certainly found stuff I didn't like. Most of it having to be about the turtles being giants and Karai being so wussified. But honestly I enjoyed it, and the next one looks like it might actually be good.

Fuck you 2007 cgi movie was GOAT all complaints came from assholes to lazy to watch the 2003 series.

Shredder, in only being a voice that came out of reshoots, had some pretty decent lines anyway

>Fuck you 2007 cgi movie was GOAT all complaints came from assholes to lazy to watch the 2003 series.

Naw man it was pretty shit, only Mako a splinter saved it from being a complete wash.

KNOCK KNOCK

>each stanza gets less and less about TMNT in general

It was madness, glorious madness

mtv.com/news/1877849/ninja-turtles-pizza-hut/

Pizza Hut was always the go-to product placement in Ninja Turtles. I've always associated Ninja Turtles with Pizza Hut because of all the ads and product placement in the 90's.

1990 film>2003 series>2007 film>Turtles in Time>Secret of the Ooze>1987 series

Haven't seen the new movie or the Nick series.

That Run DMC Tricky trailer was pretty fun. I can't seem to find it though.

wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, but not great either. They actually made the turtles origin even more retarded than it alreay was, and the turtles themselves look like walking piles of junk. The very definition of over designed.

Dominos,Pizza Hut, Papa Johns. doesn't matter. It's all disgusting anyway. Especially Dominos. At one point it wasn't bad at all, not great but not terrible like it is now. Same with Little Ceasers which was actually good in the 90's, disappeared , now it's back and tatses fucking awful.

Nothing like authentic NY Pizza

Swap Turtles in Time and Secret of the Ooze and I got no problems with that list.

That's because it's a trailer for the sequel.

Which looks...weirdly good? I feel SO conflicted.
youtube.com/watch?v=HeaugHGd1Kw

its pretty good actually a lot of the hatred seemed to just be waaaah michael bay
ending spoiler
the tech guy apparently never having used a command line before was fucking retarded though

thats not to say it wasent deeply flawed in other ways but that one was by far the most retarded

i do like that they acted a little ninjaey at times.

It's not a particulary "good" movie. It is lots of fun, entertaining, cheesy and made me laugh several times.
If you like TMNT you might like it. Just don't take it too serious.

i might watch it again see if i can pinpoint a few problems.

one other i can remember is vernan was pretty shit i get that bay likes his ironic fanservice but did he have to butcher his character to do it.

and i would have preferred if it had bebok and rockstedy

It's pretty bad, don't even bother with it.

user, you've caught a terminal case of shit taste.

paramount shills

HE-HEY this loosk like it won't be completely awful.

That scene in your pic, where they're riding the elevator and jamming out?

Yeah, that's literally the best part of the movie. Enjoy.

I'm just hoping for more fun in the sequel I mean just look at the villans and tell me it won't go full camp

dont you mean the scene right after the elevator
although if i recall correctly that scene does have some issues with reaction times of those involved lingering to long its been a while.

> Nothing like authentic NY Pizza

Meh, it wasn't that great. Now Casey's pizza that's the shit and only peeps in the mid-west know about it.