Webcomics you like but no one else knows

I'll start, Go Get a Roomie is a comic i've been reading for a while and its one of the few slice of life webcomics where I enjoy the characters

Other urls found in this thread:

drewweing.com/
levelthecomic.com/
webtoons.com/en/super-hero/supersonic-girl/list?title_no=633
webtoons.com/en/action/jackie-rose/list?title_no=613
kiwisbymirror
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have GGaR in my reading list, if only for delicious Richard.

I think its worth the read, the relationship between the two female leads has suckered me in a way webcomics havent before

Harpy gee is one I never see discussed.

I also have a lot of love for Cassiopeia Quinn.

GGAR is good but sometimes its a bit preachy.

Roomie is a shit comic. The art is god-tier beautiful but the writing is terrible.

I'll check those out
and I totally agree on ggar's preachiness, especially that stupid dreamboy labrat character, its the only character i just can not give a shit about in that comic

I know some people on here know about The Last Halloween, but it feels like it's obscure.

I've seen talk about Sakana on Sup Forums maybe once or twice. One of those times were what made me check it out.

forced drama kind of shitty

We used to have Harpy Gee and stalking Brianne threads all the time.

SAKANA IS THE SHIT. Sakana is so goddamn good it's ridiculous.

The webcomics in the Hows-Your-Webcomic threads aren't that great for the most part, but theres a couple of shining stars, I've been following The Sisters for a long while now, shits great, wish it was more well known

Let's Speak English has gotten pretty popular because it's a simple gag comic and nobody talks about Mary's first comic Kiwi Blitz which is still running, or her newer one Sleepless Domain which is also good and more popular than the first one.

I like Junior Scientist Power Hour, but I wasn't able to stick with The Last Halloween. I feel like her storytelling chops aren't quite there yet.

Floraverse. I like that cat thing.

I wasn't feeling the first arc of that Seeds. I didn't know that wasn't what the whole thing was like.

What's it about?

the thing with ggar is that roomie it´s just a carbon copy of zii from menage a 3, she in fact just remake zii without her love for dicks, roomie it´s just a lesbian version of zii, chloe as almost every lesbian hate the idea of women being penetrated by dicks

Really wish more people read 'The Creepy Casefiles of Margo Maloo'

drewweing.com/

It's a nice urban fantasy story about monsters secretly existing alongside humans, with some of the best art I've seen in a webcomic.

I like Endtown. I know we have threads all the time but it's actually not well known outside of Sup Forums. We are it besides posts on the go comics webpage.

GGaR is fucking insufferable, kys my man

Do we like Octopus Pie?

Friday 4Koma is simple 4 panel comics, some are pretty clever.

Another one that I enjoy a lot is spellcross. It's done by a guy from Sup Forums. I really like the world that he made, the characters are likable, and the story is decent (some anime tropes can be seen from a mile away, but it works out). Unfortunately it seems to be on hiatus, and hasn't been updated in a while.

>enjoying the cancerous character that is the Roomie
Way to start a thread.
On topic, I haven't seen Wilde Life discussed here much.

Before I head into work, one other one I remembered, Next Town Over. I am a sucker for westerns, and this one tickles that fancy. The art is fucking gorgeous, the writing is great, and the way the story is being told keeps you guessing who the real villain is.

Started decent, but then the writing got horrendously shit.

I personally love it. Been reading it for years.

LeveL, by Nate Swinehart. I remember being so enthusiastic with the heavy sci-fi premise of this story...but then the author now has a job with Google and the comic's kinda on hiatus.

[For the curious: levelthecomic.com/ ]

This page was great, but the comic in general is kind of ho hum. Still pretty above average, but it just doesn't really stick in the mind.

Probably why it never get discussed.

Derelict is probably my favourite webcomic. I don't blame anyone for not putting up with the """schedule""", though.

You know what, I should've posted this instead to cut all the crap.

But seriously though, the art there is really beautiful even from the beginning.

What the fuck
Explain how they are the same except for being the roomate of the MC and the sex

The people in Roomie are piece of shit human beings.

>webcomic being posted on Sup Forums
Oh I sure do wonder if it'll be yet another one about lesbians.
>read one panel
Fucking yawn.

Fight me

No one ever talks about this not on Sup Forums or anywhere but Here it is Parallax it's been a fucking great ride with no end in site it's a boy finds magical Suit to defeat evil and shit story with some of the highest quality webcomic art out there

pretty good

If web toons count then here are two i really like

webtoons.com/en/super-hero/supersonic-girl/list?title_no=633

webtoons.com/en/action/jackie-rose/list?title_no=613

Both are fun adventure comics

I was gonna post this!!! I fucking love Drew Weing, such a charming artstyle, good taste, user!

>No one else knows go get a roomie!
>Hundreds of comments on each page
>Almost 100.000 for the kickstarter

You're not as special as you think, user, you just have shit taste

I just got into it, and it kind of surprised me. Seeing all the posts on Sup Forums, as well as the quality of the writing and art, I figured it must actually be pretty popular.

But then I actually go read it, and it's operating from this crappy portal site and the author's personal page looks like it's directly from the 90's.

It's a comic predicated entirely on one shitty joke. The art is good, but that's it. I just don't understand this appeal of lolrandumb webcomics. I honestly don't. It's the same as with that Axe Cop bullshit hipsters insist is good stuff. No, it isn't. It was written by a fucking ten year old.

I mean, yeah, funny, the monster is an adorable seal pup. And the gruff Conan ripoff* rides a giant pug. Hi-la-ri-ous. But that's stuff that works for a gag comic. Basing an entire long form comic on such a premise? Tiring.

*Not really, of course. The majority of the people who "rip off" Conan don't know the first thing about the character, and are instead ripping off the public perception of the character, which is a mix of stereotypes based off Frank Frazetta's work and the Conan movies.

Do "hipsters" insist Axe Cop is good?

Also, good point about Conan, there.

it's cute

i've seen like 2 threads about it before

I really like Vattu but noone ever talks about it. Or Riceboy as a whole for that matter

Well, I haven't seen them sip their craft beers through their beards while riding fixies, but Axe Cop just strikes me as something that hipsters would like. It's lolrandumb enough for them to act like it's never been done before, and at no point runs the danger of developing any sort of internal consistency or any other standard for quality storytelling.

It's almost as if it was purposefully made to appeal to people with no taste, or who reject good taste. In other words: Hipsters.

>nobody ever talks about Vattu or Riceboy

Maybe that's because they're all done talking about it, because those two are somewhere near the top of the list of webcomics that get mentioned every single time the concept of webcomics comes up.

I found Vattu to be a little longwinded, and never really got into it. Riceboy was OK.

have you read order of tales?

>It is impossible to enjoy good AND bad things!
Oh user. I don't have to be a hipster to enjoy something I don't think is good. The real hipsters are people who can't separate personal satisfaction from craftsmanship.

No, seriously, most normal people understand that they like "bad" things.

I check Freefall every monday wed and friday for its updates.

I couldn't get into it. The same problem as Vattu, really. Too slow for my taste. I also think a lot of the author's strength is in the use of colour, and the black and white nature of the comic threw me off.

Seen a lot of people talk about this the last few weeks. Unless that was just you the entire time.

that's fine, i personally felt rice boy was his strongest work still. i do need to catch up with vattu, but it'd prefer to wait until it's done

what are some webcomics you enjoy?

>a comic that completely squandered its premise

kiwisbymirror (dot )rf (dot) gd/?ckattempt=1

While Kiwis by Beat is well known, maybe less people know about this effort here to restore the website. Everything that could be salvaged is here.

oh god ryan please come back

I used to read a lot more webcomics, but at present I'm reading Unsounded and Endtown. They satisfy that need I have for things to keep moving. I appreciate that Ashley Cope keeps pacing in mind, even if she does like to dwell on cute things a little too much for me. Endtown also keeps moving, and is very character driven. I tend to like character driven fiction.

I also used to read Spinnerette, but dropped it at some point. Never picked it up again. It's a servicable parody, though Sup Forums seemingly got its panties in a twist over "SJW" issues.

One of my favorites is also Crossed: Wish You Were Here. It's probably the best comic in the Crossed canon, and it has the two things I like: Proper pacing, and character driven plot. It also has an ending to it, which is nice. In my opinion, most webcomics drag on for too long. There's this one semi-furry webcomic I used to read in my edgy late teens, and it's STILL running. Let me check. Yup, last update was yesterday. It started in 1997. That makes this comic as old as my career as a chronic masturbator.

Honestly, long form webcomics are fascinating. But very rarely are they readable.

If memory serves me right, that was actually the plan, to carry it all the way through. I prefer angsty horned Claire way more, but it would've been an interesting route.

The guy who writes it in HYWC has called it "Fright Night with wizards" . It's a low power urban fantasy comic about three sisters. One is an ugly english teacher, one is a stripper dating a Zak Bagans guy, and one's a teenager.

First two issues are meh to look at, but the cast is pretty good. Bad guy is a violent clayface guy who wants to talk to their mom, because he used to work for their dad. Apparently they ran a cult.

Last update was uncomfortably violent.

I never see Back discussed here. does anyone else read it?

I've been keeping up on Scrub Diving, by View.

I'd post the latest page but it's nsfw, FINALLY. Fucker's been blue balling us for months.

kill yourself degenerate furfag

I think the person that makes this hangs out on CO.

Also semi hate this comic because it gave me a midget clown fetish.

lovelyss/lovesyck

but the author updates it like once every 5 years now so i dunno, i don't hype it because then i'll get my own hopes up

sakana rules

Honk!

Considering view's pedigree (I'd say 75% know about Cheer from how often it gets reposted on Sup Forums), I'm surprised so many folks here don't know about their serialized work.

Scrub Diving is hitting a really nice stride (and is hot as hell right now). Space Pulp was fun for what it was, but I think Never Mind the Gap was the best thing view's done overall.

It's probably got toxic-levels of lesbian and trans-ness for the folks of Sup Forums, but I also really like "As the Crow Flies" by Melanie Gillman. It's hit a pretty long stretch of no-updates recently, but the colored-pencil art can be gorgeous.

it's very clear that however did that comic didn't think it through and just started to add. random elements. Suddenly we have lesbian nuns? what the hell.

i mean, i know they are a "different kind" of nuns, they even fight-- but lesbians just go too much against the whole idea.

..for some time now i wanted to request a drawing of Lillian skiing, losing control and trying to remember her lessons but can't get get Richard wearing tight clothes out of her mind

..stupid sexy Richard

forgot pic

Fighting goes more against the idea than lesbians. What are you talking about.

I read the beginning of it and it wasn't very interesting.

Dude, the nuns being gay is one of the things that the comic is all about. The author has said multiple times that cishet folks literally dont exist in universe.

Vattu is to me the best comic he's done but it is a slow play. I have a very high opinion of Vattu, it does an excellent job of showing people at the same time as showing the structures that influence and control them. One of the reasons Vattu is so special (or powerful, or terrible, depending on whose view you would take) is that she is without these structures.

No, it's more than one user. I periodically mention it on /tg/ or Sup Forums.

A lot of webcomics that don't get mentioned so much are hurt by their update schedules or hiatuses - e.g. Power Nap, Alpha Flag, String Theory. Those are all very good.

Bouletcorp doesn't get mentioned often for how impressive it is.

I used to read it until they went into the fantasy world and I lost all interest eventually.

are you serious?

The art is pretty, but I can't stand the story. Margo is one of those really obnoxious Pippi Longstocking type of characters

Sakana is discussed a lot on /lgbt/'s /wcg/ thread.

KC Green's persona non grata around here after he went full SJW.

>Power Nap, Alpha Flag, String Theory

Yeah, I've read all of those at one point or another, and just didn't keep reading. Honestly, Power Nap was far more interesting with its sleep-free world than with whatever it tried to pull in the dream world. I really lost me, there. But that's one of the failings of webcomics: It spent so long building up what turned out to be a mere prelude, that I couldn't be arsed to give two fucks about its REAL plot.

String Theory, same thing. It's got this Endtown/Fallout retro-future vibe, with mutants and stuff being implied. But it's all about the ennui of the possibly evil main character and the girl he's in love with. I didn't click the link to the man with the evil-looking eyes for a love story. I don't even know what the story is anymore. A real shame, because the art was pretty attractive.

I don't get what you mean at all.

Thanks for this!

You would have if I had seen this thread earlier
I wanna know what that damn bear's deal is, he's the most wise (and possibly most powerful, judging by the reactions he generates) creature so far.
Also the spiders are cool.

Aw, this is sweet. Gonna try it out now

>Fighting goes more against the idea than lesbians
'fighting' is not frowned upon. There are plenty of reasons as to why someone could fight. For example, for self-defense. Hell, we had the crusades. It's believable that they could learn that as some very weird type of nuns. But lesbians go straight to hell.

>cishet
what?

>the nuns being gay is one of the things that the comic is all about
it's only two of them. It's hardly "what it is about". I don't think he even touched the subject again.

The bible only says guys shouldn't lie with their brothers explicitly, whether that means being gay is bad is up for discussion but that doesn't say anything about women.

Everblue doesn't get much attention which is a shame because the premise and the artstyle are both pretty neat.

Thank you, you beautiful bastard you

I honestly totally forgot about this. Might get back into it but I didn't find it very gripping.

GGaR would be good if it wasn't for the special snowflake bullshit the character has to add for EVERY fuggin character holy fug

literally SJW the comic

The updates are also slow as shit and it's 50/50 whether or not we actually see an update on a given week.

I read Parallax. It's still kinda early so I'm not surprised nobody talks about it. If I followed when it updates closely I'd make threads but I don't. I don't think there's much to talk about right now either.

I'll check this out. I like that premise and that art looks great.

I don't.

Anybody read this comic? I forgot to bookmark it and can't remember what it's called. It's about this girl who has this alternate monster version of herself and starts to see into an alternate monster world.

I'll check it out.

We used to have Derelict threads but it doesn't update enough for a community.

oh god i think i know what you're talking about but i can't remember the name. brain, something?

Webtoons are webcomics.