I wanna watch these ugly shits, anyone got a guide on where to start and what to avoid?

I wanna watch these ugly shits, anyone got a guide on where to start and what to avoid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6jJRvZ72fLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Start with Alien you faggot

Alien
Aliens
That's about it.

Prometheus is OK, but I wouldn't say its good.

If you're bored as fuck you can watch Aliens 3, but its a pretty bad movie.

I never finished Aliens 4. It's comically bad.

what about the predator stuff, is it gucci?

First one is essentially a slasher horror scifi movie with a body horror gimmick.

Second one expands on the setting and you get more of everything plus soldiers trying to have a go at exterminating xenos.

Third one is a typical 90s edgy grimdark movie that has style but is very light on the plot and is closer to the first movie than the second one. Felt like they shut down the setting with this one after expanding it in the second one.

Fourth one is quirky with a lot of "funny" moments and some memorable body horror bits but overall mediocre.

Then you have two Alien vs Predator movies which again continue this trend of the franchise not really taking itself seriously anymore.

Ridley tried to stealthy reboot everything with Prometheus and kind of wipe the slate clean but what we got is comparable to the SW prequels where we have contrived answers to questions nobody asked.

And apparently there are two more movies coming out to complete the "prequel trilogy" of the Alien franchise. Covenant is one of them.

Start with Force Awakens

Alien
Aliens
Alien vs Predator

Predator has nothing to do with Alien

autist

Don't be a faggot

Predator I and II are great movies, but both very different.
I being one of the most 80s action movie it could be and then II being the most early 90s action movie it could. Despite them being made only like 3 years apart.

All other predator shit is objective garbage. Including the AvP shit

Not the biggest fan of the film, but this intro might be the best ever: youtu.be/6jJRvZ72fLs

>start
Alien and Aliens
>avoid
Everything else.

Watch
>Alien
>Aliens

Watch if you want to see what happens next, but you probably won't like it
>Alien 3

Ignore
>Alien Resurrection
>AvP
>AvPR

Watch to get up-to-date for Covenant, but you might not like it
>Prometheus

Play
>Alien Isolation (Takes place between Alien and Aliens)

Prometheus
Alien
Aliens
AVP
AVP 2

Watch Alien and Aliens

To understand Alien 3, you have to put it in the context that it was suposed to be the final chapter, so the tone is very despressing and dark. If you can bare that, its OK.

Alien Resurrection is terrible, since the it dont fit with the tone and logic of the first 3 films.

I like AVP, but as a mindless action film, not like a good movie. It haves nothing to do against the first 3 films

Prometheus is hit or miss. The tone is OK, but the script and the plot feels too idiot for alien: Lot of subplots with no substance.

We share the same IB with people who think that AVP and AVP2 are superior to Alien 3 as a film. Gross

if you want to watch horror watch Alien and Alien 3
If you want action look for Aliens and Alien: resurrection, AVP, AVP2

If you want the best one of the franchise, watch Alien

Best two: Alien and Aliens

Want to watch Alien: Covenant? Watch Alien and Prometheus

Good Cluck

Ripley earned the right to live a happy life

Alien 3 just fucks everyone over, including the audience

But as a stand alone film its fine, doesn't mean i'm recommending it to anyone who wants to watch Xenomorphs

>Ignore Alien Resurrection

i hate nu-Sup Forums

It's a comedy with everyone taking it seriously

Alien Resurrection was hated since the release.

>Ripley earned the right to live a happy life

So, a movie is bad because dont fit with your expectatives? We all agree the plot is a let down after Aliens, but as a film is a lot better than the dumb action of AVP. AVP2 is easy the worst alien film. Photography is SO BAD and SO DARK that make the whole thing unwatchable.

never understood the hate for Alien 3, i quite liked it. i was happy to see the series return more to the horror genre (which is the best setting to see the Xeno in).

Stop kidding yourself, all alien films suck big time.

>Its a comedy
>Alien
>Comedy

Even compared to the other films ofJean-Pierre Jeunet is a bad movie. It have good moments but that´s all. It feels too cartoony compared to the tone of the first 3 movies.

Same here. I watched it on theaters on the release and I liked it a lot.

People who love Alien, usually like Alien 3. People who love Aliens, usually dislike Alien 3.

The whole subtext of the dragon/devil is great and is even more great on the extended edition. Sadly Fincher never give us his definitive version.

Alien 3 is a pretty movie to look at (aside from the shitty puppet effects), and I like the ending, but it's a little too dour for its own good. Also, the entire cast aside from Ripley, Twyin Lannister, and Charles Dutton is nothing but bald British dudes yelling "FUCK", so the cast isn't that interesting.

There's also the fact that the plot, good or bad, hinges on the plothole of how the eggs could have gotten on the ship. The queen's ovipositor was destroyed, and it was never shown carrying any eggs before it hitched a ride on the dropship (which was in orbit before that), so the presence of eggs on the ship makes no sense.

It's almost as bad as the mystery as to what killed the ship's crew in Lost World.

>what to avoid
the whole overrated franchise.

Nah, just AVP, AVP2 and Alien Resurrection.
Prometheus is just another case of "prequelitis" like SW prequels.

You definitely are.

Agree. But if we apply that kind logic to Alien 3, the logic in AVP films is even more ridiculous.

AVP and Resurrection are both super cartoony.
AVP2 feels like a cheap slasher movie.

i think ive only seen the theatrical release. I adore Alien and am ambivalent towards Aliens (honestly i think its quite over-rated). I agree the dungeon feel and macabre setting of Alien 3 really hit a sweat spot for me, though i do prefer darker/industrial visuals so thats just my taste.

i went to a double screening of Alien and Aliens in a local cinema a week ago and i saw some footage from covenant that hadnt been released, it actually looks like a nice blend between Alien/Alien 3 and the more action-ey trends of Aliens. I'm quite excited for it (despite how disappointed i was by Prometheus)

Sweet*

> People who love Alien, usually like Alien 3. People who love Aliens, usually dislike Alien 3.

Meh. The visuals are alright, but that's about it. Now, here's a little exercise.

Name the crew of Nostromo, and tell us about their personalities.

Name the marines, and tell us about their personalities.

Name the prisoners at Fiorina Fury 161, and tell us about their personalities.

Personality is not the same as develop of a character.
Discount ripley because she is on the whole main films.

Alien:
Only Ash, Parker and Lambert are developed characters. Kane and Brett and Dallas are unidirectional as fuck.

Aliens:
Burke, Hudson, Bishop and Newt and thats all. Hicks, Vasquez, Gorman and all the other generic soldiers are unidirectional caricatures.

Alien 3.
Clemens, Dillon, Morse, 85 and david are all well developed. The rest of tha cast is just there to fill space.

>no u
Meanwhile the "reeeeeeeeeeeee scott is a genius AVP IS NOT CANON" autists keep piling up

Alien, Aliens, Predator and Predator 2 are all good.

Predator 2 is a pretty big step down from the other 3 but it's still fun and has some great action.

Prometheus is watchable, but it's not particularly good since all the characters are shit and the plot is retarded. Alien 3 and Resurrection should be avoided like the plague, don't listen to the apologist shills.

What are you, retarded? Watch in the order they came out. Who the fuck comes up with this retcon bullshit where movies made in 2003 must be watched before movies made in 1979 to "make sense"?

Aliens kind of ruins Alien to be honest. It's a good movie, but not a very good sequel.

Agree. It changes the tone too much IMO. It'd be like if ESB was a slasher horror after the first Star Wars.

I get whiplash whenever I watch Aliens, especially if I watch it after Alien.