JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK's Director Teases Constantine And Horror Elements

>Doug Liman may have passed on directing Gambit, but he's now set his sights on Justice League Dark instead. The DC Comics adaptation doesn't have a release date quite yet, but it sounds like the filmmaker is gearing up to start work on the project any week now. In a new interview with Cinema Blend, Liman shared his thoughts on his take on the movie and why he's focusing on the characters.

"I think people will be surprised how character driven and how intimate Justice League Dark is -- in kind of a field of bloated comic book movies. We've found a way to do something that's actually really personal and small, and that's my goal. The Wall is about character. The scenario allows me to dive into what I think is... I just love people! I love putting people in crazy situations. For John Constantine, we have an amazing set-up for him for Justice League Dark that's really human."

As for the tone, Liman revealed that he's turning to some classic horror movies for inspiration. "It's going to have real horror elements, for sure," he confirmed. "I love early horror films, be it The Exorcist, or Carrie, The Omen. In the same way that Bourne Identity, I went back to '70s paranoia."

>"There's stuff to be mined from the people who have come before me that I'm planning to bring to Justice League Dark. And also the arena, my good friend Simon Kinberg, with Deadpool really pushed the arena," he added, possibly teasing an R-Rating for the DC Comics movie. "I'm never going to do something that's straight forward, but I'm not going to do something campy either. I have a take on it that isn't like anything else out there. At the end of the day I make character driven movies."

More DCEU kino incoming chads. Marvlets BTFO

Keanu Reeves when?

Too bad CW already has the perfect Constantine on their pay role.

Nah he is trash along with everything CW related. Imagine dumping 200 mil on that chumps shoulders to carry a film. Yikes. Enough risks were taken with gadot alone. Let's not do it again

at least JLD being a dark and moody mess will actually be appropriate for the story this time.

>early horror films, be it The Exorcist, or Carrie, The Omen
Jesus Christ.

Pleb

they should bring back Constantine

Fucking awesome! Please go hard R. I'll go hard in my own way if they do.

Cool, Edge of Tomorrow was great

So this is why the Edge of Tomorrow sequel is taking so long

Oh how I hope we get full-on body horror Alec Holland.

Swamp Thing by Del Toro fucking when

fucking never Del Toro doesn't make movies anymore he just says he does and then abandons them for someone else to do

EVA GREEN AS MILF ZATANNA MY GOD PLEASE

>zatanna
>not daddario

>eva green
>not poison ivy
Get the fuck out

>anyone besides daddario as zatanna

Nigga pls

Wouldn't mind a Demon movie by Del toro

Oh shit. I couldn't even begin to imagine.

zatanna is going to be a latina

>JLD
>man of murder 2
>gotham sirens

I don't care if the DCEU crashes and burns with WW/Just league, I just want these films to make it to the market without being severely raped in the way suicide squad was

>>man of murder
Upvoted xD

>CW already has the perfect
CW girls are delusional as always.

>Nah he is trash

fuck off

And
DROPPPPED

If this shit have Ettrigan and the Swamp thing can be the first good DCmovie

Cast them

I hope they bring back Constantine as well.

>good DCmovie
such a thing is impossible so there's no way that's happening

Those aren't early horror films

Name a good fox/Sony/Disney comic book movie

IM WAITING

>Suicide Squad with ghoooooooost
Liman is a good director, but I don't have a lot of faith in the guys he's working for.

Logan, Spiderman, Guardians of the Galaxy

>guardians
nope. Its StarCrash with a bigger budget

>logan
6/10

Raimi Spiderman..Ill give you that but it came out too long ago. I might as well say Donner Superman or Burton Batman.

Rory McCann for Swamp-Thing. They wouldn't even have to alter his voice, and doesn't even have to fake an accent for all I care about Holland's nationality.