HOW DID HE AFFORD A HOUSE AND TWO CHILDREN ON A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND A RETAIL JOB??!!

HOW DID HE AFFORD A HOUSE AND TWO CHILDREN ON A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND A RETAIL JOB??!!
PEGGY NEVER EVEN WORKED AND HAD MORE SHOES AND CLOTHES THAN IVE EVER BOUGHT
ONE OF THE KIDS GOES TO COLLEGE LATER
HE HAD A CAR!
HE OWNED THAT HOUSE!!!
IT HAD 3 BEDROOMS AND A GARAGE!!
HE SAID IT WAS A SHITTY HOUSE!!!!!!

Peggy was a prostitute

It was the 80s/90s.

It was the 80s and 90s, and also, it's TV. None of the people in Friends could have afforded where they live.

>It was the 80s and 90s

So what? That doesn't change anything

Phoebe is the only one. Monica stated that her apartment was rent controlled, so that takes care of her and Rachel. Ross was a higher-up at a museum and then a professor. Chandler is implied to be the richest of them all and lends Joey money when it wasn't making a ton of money on Days of Our Lives. Phoebe is just a massage therapist but doesn't live near the others, possibly in a cheaper location.

Seinfeld is better in every way why would you watch Friends? It's normie garbage

>all caps

Back in the days when you could have a shit job and still afford a nice house and family. Almost makes me glad I'm foreveralone.

>I need verisimilitude in my sitcoms

Back then you could get all the loans and mortgages you wanted.

That's what life was like in the 50s,60s,70s and 80s. It all went down to shit in the past two decades because we let in all those niggers and subhuman muslim shitskins.
Baby boomers got it all. They literally lived paradise on earth.
Just look at your parents and their belongings and at yourself.

>deep lore

Because he lived in shitty Philadelphia. Probably had insane amounts of debt.

>I'm a NEET and my single mother already paid of her house and owns a brand new car

made me think

Why don't you just look a manager in the eye and shake his hand, user? :^)

what the fuck do you know kid?

yeah back in the days when everything was affordable inflation sucks.

>HOW DID HE AFFORD A HOUSE AND TWO CHILDREN ON A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND A RETAIL JOB??!!

He constantly said he was poor. His kids were always begging him for money. He was constantly hatching get rich schemes that usually failed. His life was miserable because he worked a shit job and had a wife and kids that spent everything else that didn't go to the bills. His only solace in life was sitting down in front of his TV for a few hours after work.

Al had a hard life.

Did Peggy peg Al?

>None of the people in Friends could have afforded where they live.
Thats just a tv thing. Costanza managed to live in NYC despite being perpetually unemployed.

I dunno, his job seemed fairly chill. Barely any work and whenever you do get a customer you make fun of her with your black coworker buddy. Also dat job security when you can get away with insulting all of your customers for years without ever getting in trouble for it.

>I dunno, his job seemed fairly chill

did you even watch MWC?
you have to literally shoehorn heels onto the hoofs of obese women and if you looked in the wrong direction at the wrong time you would get an eyeful of scabby, pubey fat rolls

When he was employed he did pretty well though. He was in real estate and then was fairly high up in the Yankees organization and even almost made assistant GM. He was also notoriously cheap.

I only watched the show because of her.

He wasn't blowing his money on tattoos, new cellphones, and a car he couldn't afford

Being middle class but also financially well is pure luck.
You buy an affordable house somewhere, through pure luck house prices shoot up. Congratulations. You are now rich despite a middle class job.

When you retire you sell the house and move somewhere cheap with a nice pension and a fat bank account.

This
Like a normal well adjusted person of the late 80s he didn't feel the need to buy the latest gadget or go have take out every night.

And wasn't ashamed to buy scondhand furniture.

Also repaired shit rather than throw it out and buy a new one

Kids today are faggots

I want Peggy to peg me

That was the 80`s and 90`s man.
The pinnacle of western civilization. Now we are on our way to decadence and oblivion.

Monica got her apartment through a scam.
Fucking jews and their schemes.

This was before the Jews looted the economy after 9/11. The middle class was still a thing. Most people had houses and their own businesses.

>a dollar buys a nickel's worth
With one salary a man could own a house 2 cars send all his kids to college and have a comfy pension back in the 70s early 80s.
Productivity has always grown but real income has an opposite trend.

>Most people had houses and their own businesses.
oldfag here.

You kids romanticizing of the 80ps and 90s is laughable.

It wasn't all that different.

I suspect you're doing it to shift the blame for your individual failures.

>and have a comfy pension
retail jobs never had pensions

where do you kids get this from?

>retail jobs never had pensions
Private pension, saving account, etc.

Private pension? Savings account? There is literally nothing stopping anyone from doing that right now.

user... do you not have a personal pension set up yet?

uh...

yep. Millennials are broke until they need a new iphone or thousands of dollars in tattoos, and then magically money appears.

Shit isn't that different now.

If you live in NYC, LA, SF or DC you have a point.

if not, you're memeing.

Yea but they don't HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY!
Back then you could save because you were paid better.

I have 401k, IRAs, real estate equity, mutual funds, savings etc. Of course.

I'm 41. Old enough to remember the 80, and old enough to have worked for most of the 90s.

It's really not all that different now.

My dude, I grew up in the 90s coming from a middle middle class family in an area where everyone worked for Boeing. All the families I knew owned houses, the husbands had legit jobs as engineers and the wives had their own businesses/side jobs. My parents owned their own moms and pops business and were successful.

Then George Dubya, gang fucked this country and basically eradicated the middle class. Then Obama colluded with the Jews to essentially coup de grace our economy. We're in a decline until our economy literally shatters right now.

As for me, I did as my parents. I own my own businesses and property. I studied economics and I'm doing well. But everyone I grew up with is fucked now. Anyone who denies these things either didn't live through them or was a poor trash who didn't matter to begin with.

young hair metal Kelly

Chicago, not Philly.

I agree with you to a certain extent. But the idea that in the 90s you could work a retail mall job and afford a house and a family is pretty laughable. You would be struggling then as you are now.

Millenials act like the streets were paved w/ gold which is pretty funny.

Most millenials are worthless trash, not denying that. Just saying that if Al was a manager of the store or was in someway juiced in there. Who's to say he wasn't making enough for that shitty house and that shitty life? I thought he was always stretched financially which I thought kind of made sense but I dunno...

The house he lived in was very similar to virtually every house of a white family in the suburbs I knew growing up. It was uncanny how they were all virtually the same.

the 90s sucked

property values werent as insane.
he is broke 100% of the time.
its easier to film bigger rooms.
implying you arent a shitposter.

shoe sales usually make commission. but Al's worked low-end retail.

But millennials are idiots. Even as recently as 10 years ago you could buy a house for almost no money down.

I agree with what other user was saying politically, but some middle class white people have themselves to blame. They refuse to adapt.

better than now.

we had thin people. And girls who weren't crazy and covered in tattoos.

We had friends who we hung out with irl.

I honestly feel sorry for kids coming up now. Culturally, it's miserable.

That didn't bother me as much as him acting like having sex with Peg is the worst thing ever.

'>has an important position at a nuclear power plant
>owns a large house and two cars
>providing for a family of five on a single income
>still treated as a slob and loser

>better than now.

I don't risk getting raped whenever I watch TV now.

I don't recall people risking being raped watching TV in the 90s.

It happened left and right back then.

huh?

I mean ofc they were better than now, even the music was better but I mean the best years were the 70s-80s

saw a bitch numale at a coffee shop doing this IRL the other day. He was complaining about how racist a 90s episode of Law & Order was.

I fucking hate millenials.

Gen Z seems way cooler.

I always had the impression that Al inherited the house from his parents or something.

And you are a gen x'er hanging out in coffee shops?

If you talk to people older than me, they'd laugh at that.

50s were apparently peak America.

>Even as recently as 10 years ago you could buy a house for almost no money down.
You mean when the oldest millenials of the time were like 21? Yeah people were really snapping up property at that age.

It's a family house he got it from his parents or grandparents. They where there before Marcy was.

Not for the 1%

>falling for that shit

That is for people too stupid to make their money work for them now. I own an 8plex currently. Rents have risen enough in the 6 years since I bought it that they now cover the mortgage. In 2 years I will have the down payment for another.

Stop trusting the financial Jew.

I was born at the tail end of Gen X and drink coffee. So what?

I mean, I was 29 then and bought my first place.

Point is, it's far from impossible to buy a house. Even now. Whether it's a good investment is another issue.

>I was born at the tail end of Gen X and drink coffee. So what?
If you're not part of the solution, you must be part of the problem.

I'm a self made millionaire user. I'm a landlord too.

You have to diversify your investments. And not putting some of your income in a Roth IRA as a tax shelter is moronic.

And 401k is often involuntary w/ employment, and comes with harsh penalties for early withdrawal.

Savings are savings, and my mutual funds are yielding about 10% which I'm fine with.

There are all kinds of ways to make money. I'm getting a little older and am playing more defense than offense.

>Then George Dubya, gang fucked this country and basically eradicated the middle class
thanks I needed a laugh

SpongeBob lives in a house by himself while working in fast food

Yeah, you were 29, so you probably had a job and some savings. The oldest Millenial 10 years ago were literally 21-22. What person, that age 10 years ago would have any money to buy a house, without any sort of financial aid?

Not only that, Gen X'ers were the people we looked up to. They were the ones that filled our heads with passive aggressive irony and nihilism because it was cool. They were the ones that said the future stinks so better have fun now. They were the ones that said the 68'ers mentality of free love was good. They were the ones in movies, books, television, magazines that told us what was cool or not.
And now they are here telling us how much gen Y sucks.

>There is literally nothing stopping anyone from doing that right now

saving accounts use to pay back interesting a decent percentage, now it's next to nothing. Even long term CD are very low..

housing in my area of California was say 50k-60k back when Al would of been looking of a place. Sure that 50k is now equal to 157k in 2017 money but the exact same house would sell for 425k+.

Even making an ok 23k back in the day you could save up 10%-20% of that home's 50k cost for a down payment. Ending up with do able 200ish a month house payments. Where as now you would need to not only save up 45k but also try to secure a 350k+ loan. Then you also get a 1800+ a month payment?

I understand.

But, we also couldn't make 100k+ when we were 22 writing Javascript.

Life is not as black and white as you're trying to make it out to be.

>you put that $30 a week in a 401k, just use it to buy an apartment complex

yeah I said that earlier. If you are in NYC, LA, SF or DC, it's def different. Not much room for the middle class there anymore.

I'm not making it out to be black and white, but house prices sky rocketed while wages stayed pretty much the same. My eldest sister, a gen x'er, bought her first house in her late 20's for something like £100k. Not a huge place, but enough for 2 people. Now when I was her age, I wouldn't even be able to buy a shitty apartment for the same price unless it was in a really shitty part of town, and frankly what's the point of owning something that's a complete shit hole?

>But, we also couldn't make 100k+ when we were 22 writing Javascript.
they always leave that part out.

Webm for all cross legs when?
Someone has links for 720p web dl?

>I wouldn't even be able to buy a shitty apartment for the same price unless it was in a really shitty part of town, and frankly what's the point of owning something that's a complete shit hole?
Generations determine their own culture and tastes.

When I bought my first place it was in what was then considered a semi-marginalized area. Now it's one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the country.

To get ahead you have to have some vision and take risks.

He lived in that house before he ever got a job.

IRAs?

She has roommates though

Not memeing, I have a friend who does just that.
Eats out most of the week
New leased car
Road trips
Constantly getting tattoos
'Scene kid' designer clothes
Buying pets
Vape gear
'Fuck the government it's their fault I'm poor'
Spends self homeless like every 8-10 months for the last 4 years. Living in peoples garage, basement, or car. Last fb post made was talking about buying a tent and trying to live on aunt's lawn.
Makes enough money to live, a spot welder in Ohio. Just incredibly frivolous.
People put luxuries ahead of necessity and then bitch.

millenials are manipulative as shit about this stuff.

They're fat, lazy, and self absorbed, and have this shtick down where they blame everything on 'boomers'[.

no, that's rather not possible. his father sometimes appears in backflashes from when he was a kid or he talks to him from the off. i always had then impression that his dad died when he was rather young. hence, the episode where he builds his own bathroom in honor of his father. on the other hand, i can't remember al's mom at all. anyone?

>HOW DID HE AFFORD A HOUSE AND TWO CHILDREN ON A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND A RETAIL JOB??!!
The economy wasn't as fucked up, and even then Al barely got by. My uncle was able to afford a decent house and several kids on a meager back then.

>earned $10k+ savings working 40 hours a week during high school, not having free time
>got a full ride and semi-useful degree that I'm not using, moved out, decent $24k job that doesn't stress me out too bad, live alone, have gf
>spend pretty much all I take home after bills on frivolities, living comfortably as fuck while letting regular raises roll in, will be making $33k before two more years are up
>have major opportunities for promotion and increased income, should I choose to eventually take those opportunities
>be 25~

Millennial as fuck I know, but I'm fairly happy with myself at the moment and I think I'm happy to spend my young adult life this way. I absolutely plan to put the effort into real growth at least before I hit 30 but until then I'm fairly happy with my limited growth. I'm just not yet ready to dedicate my life to hard work (like a good man should) because I know once you do it doesn't really end, and I finally found a chance to be comfortable without ruining my life with stress after I graduated.

This is my blog.

When will this meme end?

Peg was a chain smoking butterface.

You're literally a homosexual if you don't want to fuck this.

i'm not even sure she was supposed to be a butterface. her character constantly ate sweets, i doubt she was supposed to be hot in any way

Disgusting.

She probably smells like Pall Malls and Aqua Net.

Don't see the problem, I work a shit retail job and own my own newly built condo with money to burn.

Fuck you,I was born in 1970, the period from 1950´s till 1990 was peak employment.
And things were more affordable.

>people think Peg was attractive just because she wasn't fat

She was a wrinkled ungrateful harpy who felt entitled to demand anything and carried herself with all the finesse of an aging construction worker.