Should today's kids be exposed the to uncensored cartoon shorts from the past?

Should today's kids be exposed the to uncensored cartoon shorts from the past?
Or the re-edited ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_oEOdIBOpU
youtube.com/watch?v=FftZt-Dw_hQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If they're really curious to see the uncensored cartoons of yesteryear that Cartoon Network won't broadcast they can easily look them up online and see them for themselves.

Uncensored. If you pretend it never happened then you can't learn from it.

Why even ask this question? Uncensored of course. The only ones who find this offensive are middle class white women with worthless degrees.

>don't beat me, massa!
>please don't beat this tired ol' body!

What did he mean by this?

Originals of course
Censorship is only OK if it's in the intrests of security if your doing it to protect children your a bad person

I'm OK with not letting kids watch gore and hardcore sex, violence with a bit blood and nudity shouldn't be censored.

Well then

>African tribes exist

So problematic.

I'm against any form of historical revisionism, especially the sort in service to political idealism.

Recently, I realised that Asterix et Obelix is full of "offensive" stereotypes of blacks. Especially the recurring pirate lookout is a bit of a character, unable to formulate normal sentences because of his huge, flapping lips. I never noticed as a kid, because EVERYONE in Asterix et Obelix is a cultural stereotype. The Germans speak in Gothic script and wear 19th century stahlhelms with spikes and horns on them. The Brits drop everything to drink tea... or, well, hot water, because Asterix introduces tea to them. And the niggers are drawn oldschool style with huge, red lips. Then again, every Gaul has a nose bigger than their head.

And it never made me racist. No, if I had to point to one stereotype that made me even slightly racist as a kid, it has to be the constant media barrage portraying Africa as a barren wasteland consisting of nothing but desert and mudhuts. Because I went to Africa as a child, and I saw they had cities, fertile fields, and huge, happy populations none of whom were malnourished. Yet I STILL see idiots online who perpetrate the African Wasteland way of looking at things.

>Should today's kids be exposed the to uncensored cartoon shorts from the past?
>Or the re-edited ones?
Nigger kids should not have the truth edited like 4kids did.

Why do you think we are getting more and more pussies lately?

Uncensored. Glad the looney tunes shorts were released uncensored.

Where's the censored Eleven and Bugs hits the nips then?

Historical revisionism is the most disgusting thing I can think of.

I grew up on these cartoons and there isn't a racist bone in me.

People are so bloody thin-skinned, It's like we are living in a "Demolition Man" future.

Yeah, but only if we contextualize them. A simple "Um... Hey this is kinda racist because it's old." will probability do the trick.

It's like kids and videogames. We live in an age of retard logic.

Soccer moms think kids playing violent videogames will make them violent. So of course they're going to believe that watching something racist is going to make their child racist. Remember. The TV and game systems is a way for them to stop being a parent so everything else must be in line with their views.

No. If upper-class suburban white libcucks driving their Lamborghinis to their weekly Privilege Awareness Seminary downtown can't accept the fact the world wasn't always the same as it is now – nor that it was or IS the same in different places right now – they just ought to grow a spine.

Oh God, I saw this video. I heard her voice. It's amazing how squeeky a woman that big can sound. It's like she swallowed Mickey Mouse.

>cartoon black man wearing grills

How is this racist? Granted, I didn't know this habit was so old, but that's just all the more amazing.

Uncle toms cabin stupid.

I've seen a prelude to some old cartoons with Whoopi Goldberg saying the cartoons were of their time and pretty racist so don't take it as fact, kids.

Censoring these cartoons is equitable to pretending that outdated racist caricatures never happened. They shouldn't be aired on TV, but should definitely be available in collections.

>mfw I'm middle middle middle class
>as middle as possible
>I've been fortunate in my position and upbringing
>I've also had challenges
>mfw I see the bullshit from either end of the spectrum
>upper class understands the system better, higher education
>lower class understands life in its most basic form, knows how to survive, knows what's essential in life
>mfw I see either extreme has an agenda
>upper class wants to keep its power
>lower class wants free power
This is why I'm agnostic.

Mostly I hate censors these days who have the chutzpah to try to edit guns out of cartoons. Cartoons airing in America! Who the fuck are they fooling? Kids should feel insulted.

Honestly, I don't even care about "toughening kids up"; I just know if we go around censoring every form of entertainment just because "for the children" or "that's racist" we'll end up with jack shit to look back on. Hell "Concerned Parents" (a phrase I put in the same category as "I'm a Nice Guy, why don't girls like me") have been trying for decades to ban books like Huckleberry Finn.

An important part of critical analysis isn't just not being offended by a given work you're analyzing; it's examining and explaining how it offends you and still trying to find artistic and cultural merit in it anyway. Too many people hit the "I'm offended" part and stop there, like being offended makes you deserving of a goddamned thing. Critical thinking is increasingly a lost art.

Currently have a Muslim character in the works.
She's an unapologetic Muslim too, she doesn't compromise core aspects of her faith just to better fit in with American society, but she's also not a douche about it.
Example: she's against homosexuality, but won't judge you for being gay. It's not her place to judge, only God's.
She's also the leader of a war to end the conflict with the Suunis and Shiites, and that's about as progressive as you can get.

They already are. Have you guys seen Tom and Jerry on CN? Some of the shorts have been shown in their entirerity, such as Manhattan Mouse and the one where they become friends but soon fight over a steak.

Just go this route.

I'm pretty sure collections of old Disney cartoons have that prelude, basically saying that these are from the past and changing it would be like saying it never happened.

Whoopi said it best.

youtube.com/watch?v=k_oEOdIBOpU

There we go beat me by a few seconds.

And WB/Disney same thing. All that matters is that it's animation that time period.

Don't tell me you saw that NC review.
but yes we are living in the future of demolition man.
of all the movies that predict the future, get demolition man, and not idiocracy, but i'm betting we will if trump wins or some shit like that

no

gr8 b8 m8

CN should use this if they ever do some week long marathon of old WB and Looney Tune shorts.

I'd watch it, especially if they show pic related at one point.

Seconded.
Art is a reflection of society; through it we understand how society has progressed over the years for better or worse.

A label like should be fine to anyone. You're showing kids a silly cartoon, not fuckin Mein Kampf

What video?

If we're talking about kids then I think you should just put off showing those ones till their older.
Then go with this

We're actually coming into a terrible mix of 1984 and Brave New World.

don't taze me bro

>Depicting truth is racist

Only in America!

>Historical revisionism

objectively speaking, exposure doesn't exist. nothing between two objects changes just because one has photons reflecting off of it and colliding with another.

uh.. africa HAS become a barren wasteland now. the stereotype of our youth was that it was all jungle. that 'darkest africa' thing. where the fuck did you EVER see africa portrayed as the desert it is?
also where are you going in africa that you're seeing agriculture and fed people?

Reminds me of a recent mythbusters, where they tested out whether a certain way of arranging the lineups at the supermarket are faster
turns out they arent, it was much slower, but everyone interviewed after doing it said it felt better to them
because that method is more FAIR. in the end, people don't care if something is better-for-everyone or at least worse-for-no-one, all they care about is more fairness. it's a built-in fallacy we have, and it always ruins shit.

Seriously that's fucked up. how can you call battlefield 5 battlefield 1? you're just ignoring the previous four games. that kind of historical revisionism has been crammed down our throats by dumbass modern games for too long

Happened in a similar one, whether there is a more efficient method to boarding airplanes: free-for-all, row by row, or a more effective zone method. Free-for-all took the least amount of time by far because everybody just did their shit but people felt the least satisfied with it of the 3.

I kek so hard when I see OP

>Because I went to Africa as a child, and I saw they had cities, fertile fields, and huge, happy populations none of whom were malnourished.
Rhodesia is gone, mate.

I still think it's funny that the director of this stated that they didn't find it racist at all

Depends on how young the kids are.

I'm definitely anti censorship of these clips, however I don't want my children exposed to pro-racism, as it could have a negative effect on them. They might not understand the full context.

>pro-racism
Is it though? I watched all these cartoons as a kid and I'm pretty a pretty fucking big leftie.

Maybe it's cos I'm not from the US.
>mfw KFC ran an ad during the cricket showing a white guy sharing chicken with some West Indians
>no one in Australia or the West Indies gave a single shit
>Americans lost their minds
youtube.com/watch?v=FftZt-Dw_hQ

If their parents want to show them it fine.
Though removed from context I feel a lot of racist caricatures become a different beast. If a child has real idea of the stereotypes its supposed to be portraying and doesn't really get the idea that it's insulting a person because of their race....is there any real harm?

That's how I feel.
I can remember seeing Jungle Jitters when I was really little, and even though I grew up in a white as fuck town I never even really made the connection between the people in the cartoon and the black people I saw around.
I mean, I didn't know anyone that looked like this dude either. Cartoon characters were cartoon characters

I still like the short a lot actually.