Are they virgins?

Are they virgins?

No, they got molested by their dads.

"Played video games all night" was a euphemism for fucking. Sadie didn't want to say it in front of Steven

Why not? That seems pretty stupid.

Yeah they're degenerates. Just like everyone else in this awful show.

Yeah she worked that joystick no doubt ;)

How old are they? They apparently don't go to school since they are at the Donut even when Connie is going to school. Are they older than the Cool Kids or is Beach City full of a bunch of 20 somethings living out of their parents' basements?

I never thought of that.

Lars seems pretty uninterested though for being on fucking terms with a girl.

No it wasn't... that's just as stupid as FUSION IS SEX, GUYS! Sadie clearly has an unrequited crush - do you really think Lars would make it worse by having sex with her? They're best friends. One wants to make it more and the other... doesn't.

Why are degenerates allowed in this show?

I hope the people behind this show get arrested.

They as old as old as they feel because hurr, the Simpsons.

>that's just as stupid as FUSION IS SEX
You have to be pretty dense to not realize the parallels.

>do you really think Lars would make it worse by having sex with her?
Yes.
Because he's by far the worse person the show.
Fucked her, found he didn't like it, then just ignored her again.
Happens all the time.

And under what type of charge would they be taken into custody?

>They as old as old as they feel
That's only Steven.
Sadie and Lards is probably around 16 or 17. Old enough to have jobs but young enough to still hang out with the teens.

Fucking hell in a handbasket. How does this symbolism make it past censors?

I'm not quite sure myself. They look like they would be just getting out of high school. But they really do look like
> 20 somethings living out of their parents' basements

>that donut
Wow, ok, well that's not very subtle.

But they apparently aren't going to school, since they work at the Donut even when Connie is attending school.

Because muh SJWs.

Sadie does live in her house's basement but I think it's always been her room. I assume they're out of high school, and maybe Sadie goes to community college.

Lars, Sadie, and the Cool Kids all act exactly like high schoolers. They are poorly written or seriously fucked up in the head if they are 20 somethings.

>SJWs are responsible for Sadie and Lars fucking
what

What parallels? They're just dancing. How is that a euphemism for sex?

Maybe Connie goes to summer school or something?
Because she's an uber nerd?

Who would fuck Lars

He looks like the lankiest piece of shit in the universe; his Willy must be the size of a chapstik

>How is that a euphemism for sex?
user, if you have to ask

If Sadie and Lars open early in the morning (to be fair that could have been on a weekend) they aren't in school, at least not high school. I'd say they're between 18 and 20.

I don't think SJW means what you think it means.

But they hate sex.

Sadie fucked another desperate fat guy in high school
Lars is a virgin but fucked Sadie on the island

Unlikely. The Sweets already got a hold of the entire Cartoon Network, and if she fails, she'll drag it down along with her

Does Beach City even have a school?

Making bad shows should be a crime. Looking at you, Johnny Test.

Just dancing. Yep.

It's alright, Lars is trains.

Nope, Sadie stayed over and played with his joystick.

I have no idea. I know Connie has to bus to her school according to the comic but she doesn't live in Beach City, right? I think there's a semi-official map floating around, but given how tiny it seemingly is I bet there isn't one. Which might explain how there are a bunch of young adults hanging around and not really doing anything.

Is Mr. Smiley Lars' dad?

have you ever played video games all night with another person before

This was on Tumblr only and parents would assume from watching the episode alone that sadie was talking about making out. Cartoons always hid stuff like this

Nah, there are a ton of 20 somethings today who act as though they never left high school
They make up a lot of the audience for this show

Hahahaha welp that settles that.

Yeah, this. Lars and Sadie are fuck buddies, but Lars is on the fence about her.

>Pearl having three way with midgets
>Pearl and amethyst fuck in front of steven
>Steven and connie having underage sex.
>Greg watch his girlfriend get finger by pearl.
>Amethyst fuck two midgets too.
>Two midgets is 69ing eachother for days.

Steven universe? More like Steven XXX

The intimacy, the obvious emotional weight the gems put behind it, the fact that obviously romantic relationship between Ruby and Sapphire is defined by their fusion into Garnet...

I mean, holy shit, Week of Sardonyx.

It's not all about sex. It's not like Sugar is advocating lesbian orgy covens. It's just a parallel such that the very human viewers can relate.

Think about it this way. Humanize the characters and show some scenes from Week of Sardonyx to someone who doesn't know of the show. It's sex. They'll assume the characters are talking about sex. Humans don't put that kind of emotional investment into much else.

this post went better than I expected

I think the small surrounding towns bus to a school in a bigger area. If a kid missed the school bus their parents would have to drive them or take the local bus. Same thing with going to a hospital. Maybe that's why Greg is getting by with the car wash; people constantly going in and out of beach city get their cars cleaned regularly.

You know what, I never remember seeing Lars parents..
>Think his mum's the charmer of the family?

Yes. In one of the comics there is a school some distance from the rest of Beach City overlooking the sea, but they can see the Beach City peninsula from the school.

I believe the crew when they say overall fusion is a metaphor for relationships in general, ranging from romantic, to platonic to negative ones, but I do agree the way it's mostly focused on in the show, it's very easy to interpret it as JUST being about sex.

You honestly think guys don't do that? They most certainly do. It's selfish and shitty, just like Lars. It's exactly what he would do.

Honestly, swapping spit makes more sense than doing the nasty.

I feel like smiley adopted him or is his legal guardian.

A lot of high schoolers don't go to college and keep their highschool mindset living in the same town their whole life and working fast food or retail.
I know too many people from my hometown that literally camp outside of the highschool around closing time and wait for the kids to come out to hang out with them/prey on highschool girls.
They're literally living like they're in highschool, except they can legally buy booze now.

Resisting Arrest.

His parents are probably overly peppy and cheerful, or they're never around due to work and that's why Lars is so desperate to be accepted by people around him, because he's lonely.

>it's very easy to interpret it as JUST being about sex.
Well I'm not interpreting it as JUST sex. I'm just saying there are a lot of parallels and that the creators are obviously trying to push those kind of buttons with the audience.

thanks raj

The biggest problem with this is that it's always assuming that fusion is going to be "sex". But the first time that Opal was formed, when Amethyst and Pearl fused? There was nothing sexual about their dance, and they only managed to fuse because Steven was in danger. So we have already seen that cross-Gem/hetero-Gem fusion isn't inherently romantic/sexual.
Here you go.

Ruby and Sapphire's fusion is definitely about their relationship rather than anything sexual, but I don't know how certain anons can see the scene where Garnet teases Peridot over never having fused before, or the storyline about how Pearl coerced Garnet into fusion, or really even any of the fusion dances they do...and not see sex in it.

But what if the Gems were trains?

True but the way Sadie acted when she saw Lars with Jenny made it seem like it was more than that.

>tfw when I was actually invested in Sadie and Lars' relationship and wanted to see Sadie fix Lars
>It's been all but written out, probably because everyone else seems to hate it
>Say Uncle was the final nail in the coffin

>There was nothing sexual about their dance, and they only managed to fuse because Steven was in danger.
Yeah I don't really remember when the fandom made the leap to fusion = sex. Was it when Amethyst and Garnet fused and that whole "LOL SHE JUMPED INTO HER VAGINA" thing sprung up, or was Sugilite before Opal?

>implying they have dad's
Nobody in SU except Connie is allowed to have more than one parent at a time

>Steven as caboose on Amythest
Lol.
Sexy.

Because he doesn't find Sadie attractive, he just wanted a easy lay.

Well, Sadie can do better than someone like Lars. And that's saying something because it's Sadie.

I don't actually know, I only started watching the show around a year ago, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's where it started, and was then fueled by Alone Together.

This could've all been avoided if fusion was used more during Season 1B, especially with Steven.

I want the people responsible for the hiatus and Steven Bombs to get arrested.

>I have no idea. I know Connie has to bus to her school according to the comic
What comic?

Parole officer?

I can see that. The way Sadie acted implied sex, the way Lars acted implied making out. Sadie has issues if she started angry-crying because a boy didn't show interest in her after just making out and inversely Lars has serious issues if he can have sex with a girl and then interact with that girl every day and never acknowledge that they had sex.

I'm thinking Sugar intentionally tries to imply multiple things at the same time. It makes the characters come off as psychos depending on how you interpret everything, but personally I think it works pretty well.

This was the first legit gay moment in the show. Then it got worse from that point. thank god i dropped the show

But Lars acts like a virgin.

>Lars has serious issues if he can have sex with a girl and then interact with that girl every day and never acknowledge that they had sex.
Sure he can.
Who wants to admit they fucked the fat chick?
Lars is all about appearance.

Knowing Lars he's insecure enough to think sex with Sadie doesn't really "count" because she's just a friend and maybe because he doesn't find her physically attractive.

Did you drop JoJo when Speedwagon put Zeppelin's hand under his shirt?

It's only gay if it's men or two unattractive women.
With attractive women, it's just sexy.
Learn the difference.

>How is dancing an euphemism for sex?
Did you evolve into a human just yesterday?

Yeah but we took breaks to fuck.

Yes, he can, which is why I think Lars has serious issues.

I think I'm going to average out the making out and sex interpretations such that neither Sadie nor Lars appears nuts.

>Lars has serious issues.
You make it sound like denying you had sex with the unpopular girl is rare and uncommon.
It happens all the time with teenagers.
Lars' obsession with being accepted by the Cool Kids isn't like some mental illness. It's fairly common for kids his age.
Yeah he's an asshole, but it's not a case of "serious issues".

>Lars has spent his life dreaming about his first time being with a perfect 10/10
>Lars finally has sex with someone more his tier
>he doesn't count it and persists in his delusion
That actually makes some sense.

Probably when people figured out that Garnet was a fusion.

Tiger Millionaire was the only episode where Lars wasn't a complete shithead

This. More people should drop the show.

Not him, but the biggest difference here is that Jojo is a well-written series. Although I didn't drop SU for the lesbian overtones; I dropped it because it became next to impossible for me to care about what happened to the characters, because I didn't really like any of them. Except Peridot. Peridot was okay.

>You make it sound like denying you had sex with the unpopular girl is rare and uncommon.
No. Lars is fucked up because he won't even talk it out when they are alone together, when public image isn't even an issue. He is so self absorbed that he didn't even give a second thought to the reaction the person he had sex with might have. He just doesn't think on that level.

An asshole might tell Sadie that it was a one time thing and tell her to forget about it, but it takes a certain kind of social retard to think it will all just blow over. But honestly, Lars seems like that kind of social retard.

Has anyone ever said
>Boy, I can't wait for that Lars and Sadie relationship to continue its development, it's one of the best parts of the show.
Who actually cares about these two?

user, why do you think their dads aren't in the picture in the first place,
>Barb finds out Sadie's being molested.
>Her dad's dick now serves as a mantle piece in their den.