Vidal then interjected that "the only sort of pro- or crypto-Nazi I can think of is yourself...

>Vidal then interjected that "the only sort of pro- or crypto-Nazi I can think of is yourself," whereupon Smith interjected, "Now let's not call names." Buckley, visibly angered, rose several inches from his seat and replied, "Now listen, you queer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I'll sock you in your goddamn face, and you'll stay plastered."
Would you like for this level of discourse to return on national television?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nYymnxoQnf8
youtu.be/NfQZ1zGvnhc
vanityfair.com/news/2001/09/mcveigh200109
youtube.com/watch?v=jy68qXMcGn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based Buckley.

Vidal was a Leftist hack, Buckley was a principled Conservative.

It was an important moment, and Vidal grinned in triumph. He had shown up Buckley's pseudo-English, and ironically pretty effeminate, schtick for what it was - an inch of civility on a second-generation Klansman.

>Based Buckley

Lol. No, Buckley was a PRcuck who banned racists from the National Review.

Vidal, while liberal, half-way defended Tim McVeigh and said shit like this:

>A characteristic of our present chaos is the dramatic migration of tribes. They are on the move from east to west, from south to north. Liberal tradition requires that borders must always be open to those in search of safety, or even the pursuit of happiness. But now, with so many millions of people on the move, even the great-hearted are becoming edgy. Norway is large enough and empty enough to take in 40 to 50 million homeless Bengalis. If the Norwegians say that, all in all, they would rather not take them in, is this to be considered racism? I think not. It is simply self-preservation, the first law of species.

Gore Vidal was a communist faggot. Fuck him

This Buckley can work in an america 90% white, but banning people like Joe Sobran is just ruinous when the voting bloc that is conservative is rapidly diminishing. National Review and the conservative movement in particular went over and beyond to not appear racist, and it's brought them nothing

MemriTV thread?

More puppers please

>No, Buckley was a PRcuck who banned racists from the National Review.

I fail to see the issue with this.

If you don't like racists, and don't want a racist writing for your publication, what's the issue?

>If you don't like racists, and don't want a racist writing for your publication, what's the issue?

cutting off dialogue that is popular is silly

Read the rest of the post you piece of fucking shit, the issue is the preferability of Vidal out of the two men, you fucking mutilation fodder.

>not posting the video
fucking faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=nYymnxoQnf8

Bootin on pupperposting

That's a fancy way of saying he was losing the argument and resorted to name calling to illicit a reaction

Jesus Christ thats cute

>degenerate faggot pointlessly arguing with slimy neo-conservative

I mean, sure. Why not. Can't be any worse than what we already have.

I'd still prefer we get this going to the physical stage though.

youtu.be/NfQZ1zGvnhc

Vidal literally planned insults to use on Buckley before-hand

Obviously Sup Forums would find people who dislike racism "silly", but the fact remains whether his opinions on racism trigger your "ethno nationalism" or not, individuals have the right to get together in a society and ostracize others for their views.

Which is exactly the reason why you're shit posting on Sup Forums and not going out in public being openly racist.

You sound triggered

>call people names
>get called out on bullshit
>let's not call names

what kind of retard that "Smith" guy was.

Cuckley liked to hand shit out but he couldn't take it. He was probably the only person who *didn't* know he belonged to a type every kid learns to recognize in their first week at school.

>Obviously Sup Forums would find people who dislike racism "silly", but the fact remains whether his opinions on racism trigger your "ethno nationalism" or not, individuals have the right to get together in a society and ostracize others for their views.

I agree with you, but where did all of that anti-racism dialogue bring national review and the american right? I know Trump won, but the outlook for any right-wing parties in america is bleak due to demographics. If talking about race was available, perhaps we wouldn't be in this situation, but it's hard to tell since a lot of it was legislated on the populace

Legitimately amazed this feud hasn't found it's way to Sup Forums sooner

>Which is exactly the reason why you're shit posting on Sup Forums and not going out in public being openly racist.

actually it's because we're spineless hypocrites but I'll remember your version because it sound more intellectually respectable

>individuals have the right to get together in a society and ostracize others for their views.

That's not very tolerant and I would wager such people aren't real liberals.

Based Vidal:

vanityfair.com/news/2001/09/mcveigh200109

>actually it's because we're spineless hypocrites but I'll remember your version because it sound more intellectually respectable

Well, I was at least trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

>individuals have the right to get together in a society and ostracize others for their views.

Tell that to Chris-Cuck Cake Bakers.

You're literally wrong. There is nowhere in the world where this is allowed, except in cases where the government lacks the ability to enforce the law.

I'm not.

back then when you had those sort of b&w programs where the guests filled the studio with smoke from cigarettes and pipes the moderator used to push quite hard for courtesy. these days it's hard to imagine someone in that position doing anything except try to start the guests fighting

Liberals are the only ones that circle jerk "tolerance" into blind submission.

Conservatives on the other hand are (mostly) principled and believe strongly in a free society: if individuals in a society want to ostracize others for their views, they are free to do so due to the importance of shared culture within communities. This is why Buckley said Nazi sympathizers and people who openly supported the Viet Cong's violence against American soldiers should be ostracized.

>Tell that to Chris-Cuck Cake Bakers.

What about cake bakers? What point are you trying to make here?

youtube.com/watch?v=jy68qXMcGn8

Wish we still had commentators of this quality today

meant to reply to with that second part

>What about cake bakers? What point are you trying to make here?

They are legally prohibited from ostracizing members of society they disagree with.

Your statement;

Is factually incorrect.

You may believe people SHOULD have the right do behave this way, but they objectively do not currently have that right.

>if individuals in a society want to ostracize others
> Buckley said Nazi sympathizers and people who openly supported the Viet Cong's violence against American soldiers should be ostracized
Buckley = voice of the majority ?? I dont think so Tim

>Conservatives on the other hand are (mostly) principled

so pathetic these people who think conservatives have to act super smart because they're insecure about lefties calling them names

glad trump btfo them

>national review candidate writes an article about fuck white people and they deserve to lose their job and lol they do heroin!! haha
>bill kristol says he wants republican party to be pro war

fucking weirdos

Don't worry user, no-one anywhere's ever going to make the mistake of demanding it from you.

you'll get MORE with GORE

>Is factually incorrect.

No it's not, It's 100% factually correct. If you say something racist, I and my community could ostracize you, and we would be 100% legally allowed to do so. We wouldn't invite you to meetings, we wouldn't talk to you, no one would associate with you -- you would be completely isolated.

This is covered under the First Amendment (Freedom of Association).

The example you're pulling from, cake bakers, is different and largely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Here we're talking about public discourse and the ability of individuals to deem certain views and actions in society to be wrong.

>Buckley = voice of the majority ??

[citation needed]

Question: Why doesn't Nazism have a larger party platform in the US that isn't already embedded within the Democratic Party?

Answer: Because as a society, individuals got together and deemed the Nazi ideology to be wrong.

how politics should be

voted twice for /our guy/ because he does what I want

don't have to pretend to have a british accent and sit funny in a chair

political actors on TV are pure cringe on both sides