Another Newsarama Interview with Tom King and Scott Snyder + Batman Rebirth #1 Preview

>June 1’s Batman Rebirth #1 by writers Tom King and Scott Snyder and artist Mikel Janin will not only kick off DC's new approach to Batman, but will introduce new elements to the Batman mythology - including a new role for Duke Thomas and a return to some of the classic aspects of Batman's world.

>King, who's best known to DC fans for his revamp of Dick Grayson as co-writer of Grayson, will re-launch the Batman title on two weeks after the Batman Rebirth issue, working with rotating artists David Finch and Mikel Janín as the comic book ships twice a month.

>According to King, Finch will draw Batman’s first arc, with Janín drawing the second arc — all as part of a year-long trilogy.

>Snyder, who has been on the Batman title since the last time it relaunched in 2011, will be working with a list of superstar artists on a new Batman title, All-Star Batman, which launches in August.

>Both writers emphasized that Snyder's All-Star Batman is in continuity, and King went one step further and said that not only is it "not some side project" but "it's the center of the Batman universe."

>The pair are working together to coordinate the events in Batman and All-Star Batman, and also hinted that readers would see the Bat-writers doing coordinated stories in the future. As Snyder said, Bat-office writers would be "doing some storytelling together in ways that will fun."

>For their co-written Batman Rebirth issue, the pair are revamping the Batman villain Calendar Man. Newsarama talked to Snyder and King to find out more.
>Newsarama: Tom and Scott, I feel like this issue is — not to be too cliché — passing the baton on the Batman relay. Is that what this issue represents? Or is it more that you both had an idea and wanted to co-write?

>Scott Snyder: I had kidded around that my original plan was just to leave everybody dead for Tom, and just be like, here you go! Have Batman and everyone just totally dead.

>Tom King: [Laughs.] It would be just, like, Commissioner Gordon.

>Snyder: Yeah, Commissioner Gordon and Leslie Thompkins. That would be it. It would be, like, go! [Laughs.] It would be the best hand-off.

>King: Leslie Thompkins as Robin.

>Snyder: It would be the opposite of "Rebirth," where it's just death everywhere.

>No, but it really is the passing of the torch. I was incredibly honored to take the main series pretty much — not exactly directly — but to take the flagship sort of from Grant Morrison when I first came on. Our writing is very different and all that stuff, but the thing I love about Grant's work, always — I'm a huge admirer of his — is his daring and his visionary energy.

>And we tried to do our own version of that on the book. And one thing I know, having become friends with Tom over the last year, and really, before we even knew there'd ever be a Rebirth or there'd be a switching of books or any of that stuff, I wasn't sure if I would just take some time off or what, that his writing is in that spirit entirely, from Sheriff of Babylon and Omega Men and everything I read by him. It's really uncompromising and personal. And that's what I knew he'd bring to Batman.

>When we started looking for someone to take the series, he was certainly at the top of my list. He is, to me, the best writer in comics right now, hands down.

>So it's the passing of the torch in the way that his ideas and what he's going to do with the character will be really his own, and yet at the same time, I do feel like he's a great spiritual successor for the book, in the way that I know he's going to try stuff that's daring and personal. And that's what we tried to do, in some way at least, while we were on it.

>And I'm so excited for fans, because the series couldn't be in better hands with this guy.

>Nrama: Tom, do you want to add anything about taking that baton? Or do you just want to bask in the glory for a minute after those praises?

>King: Yeah, no, I'm just basking. I'm just sitting here being like, yeah, yeah, totally agree with all that. I rock.

>No.

>Snyder: He just owes me 20 bucks later.

>King: That's how cheap you are, is a 20.

>Snyder: Right. I'm super cheap.

>King: I just have to name a lot of things in Gotham after him. Like, every other street is Snyder Avenue, Snyder Street, Snyder Boulevard.

>Snyder: Yeah!

>King: In slightly more seriousness, it's very intimidating. Taking over from what I would consider to be the best Batman run of all time, that could overwhelm me, and I could say, "I just can't do that." I mean, I had friends who were calling me and saying, "Don't do it!" You know, "let someone else fail, then you come in five years later."

>But what made it possible was that Scott has reached out to me and said, let's do this as friends, and let's do this together. And he's still going to be in the Bat-universe writing this insanely great All-Star Batman thing. He's like, let's take this character, who's at the center of American pop culture, and together raise him up and make him even better than he's ever been.

>I was like, “Yeah, OK. If you're in, I'm in.” He's like, “I'm in.”

>Nrama: So this one issue you're co-writing, who came up with the idea? Is it a segue between one run and the other?

>Snyder: I asked Tom if he wanted to co-write Batman #52 originally, before there was a Rebirth. I thought it would be a fun way to pass the torch, to do it in the main series.

>And then when Rebirth came along and we realized there'd be these issues, we thought it would be even more perfect to kind of do it here.

>So we always planned on doing some kind of co-writing to sort of turn the wheel a bit and hand the series from one person to the next.

>>that resized spread making the dialogue incomprehensible

>But I think it got really exciting when we talked about the ideas for the issue and the different options. You know, one option is to just go really bombastic and make it something that would be like, "and coming up in All-Star and coming up in Batman!" And we both opted not to do that, and instead to try to show that we have priorities that are really about showing the fans in this issue that there are some new elements in the mythology that should really excite them — like Duke Thomas and his role coming up — but Tom also wanted to show very much, I think, that a lot of the classic elements are back in cool ways, stronger than ever — the Cave, Alfred, the money, the gadgets, Batman himself.

>And so we really had the same idea. You know, we had this idea that we could do bombastic and use Calendar Man and reinvent that character and give all the fun to the blockbuster thing, or do something a little more poetic that isn't just a hook for our series, but instead says, "You have two writers here that have similar priorities for this character and for the fans, that want to show not so much that we need to hook you to get you to come back by plot devices, but instead say we want to show you how much we love this character, and how we think about him, and hopefully that's enough to get you to come back."

>And Tom had the best idea for Calendar Man ever, by the way. And I was super into it. I'm giving him credit where it's due even though I would be happy to take credit for it, because it's so good. But it was totally his. He had a take for Calendar Man that just got me so excited about it, and I was like, “This is going to be really fun.”

>King: And for me, it was a straight Ghostbuster moment, like, when someone asks you to be god, you say “Yes.” When Scott Snyder asks you to co-write an issue of Batman, you say yes. You find a way to make it happen.

>And then when we started talking about all these themes. And if you know my work, I love one-and-dones, and I think so much can be done with them. And Scott feels the same way. And the chance to build one of those together, and have the theme of that issue be this idea of adventures that never end, and yet they always have to end — and that sort of contradiction creating the irony of the story.

>And that's what a calendar is — it's both the optimism of something coming and the pessimism of knowing that something's going to finally end someday.

>Nrama: So do you feel like this issue kicks off or sets the tone for your run? Or do people really need to look toward your Batman #1 for that?

>King: For me, Batman #1 is such a collaborative effort with what Dave Finch and Jordie Bellaire and John Workman are all doing together, that they're creating a tone and a Gotham that hopefully people haven't seen before, that builds on the past but also takes it to a new place.

>I think this builds into it, this sets the stage. But I don't think it's the same thing, just because, what Batman #1 is, it's so much Dave and Jordie and John that I can't say it sets the tone.

>Nrama: Since you two are working so closely, and you both have the new Batman series launching this summer — and knowing that editors are usually tasked with coordinating such things — is there even more coordination between your books because you talk to each other so much? Like, do you say between the two of you, "OK, I'm using this villain, and you're using that one?" Both Batman and All-Star Batman are in continuity, so you have to talk about those things, right?

>Snyder: Yeah, we definitely do that stuff. We were joking earlier that, you know, I'm like, “I have Two-Face, you have Firebug,” or whatever, and I feel guilty because I scooped up — I had a plan to use some of the classic villains for a while. But then, there are a lot that I'm not using that are some of the biggest, that Tom's going to be using in all kinds of great ways.

>But it runs deeper than that, I think, in that we're certainly collaborating in terms of the Bat-line, and I think there's stuff that isn't announced yet that will be a lot of fun for people, where all the writers have stuff lined up, doing some storytelling together in ways that will fun.

>But in terms of collaborating with Tom, I called him yesterday just to run stuff by him and to commiserate about stress when it comes to new projects, and all kinds of stuff outside of Batman entirely.

>I show him everything that I write. And he's been showing me all of his scripts. But we talk writing, we talk character, we talk as friends a lot. So it is very much a collaboration in that regard.

>His series will be completely his own and singular and wonderful for that. And hopefully, All-Star Batman will be singular as well.

>I love that we have an equal collaboration as we do, meaning, like, it extends beyond Batman. He's one of my very close friends at this point. And on top of that, as a creative partner, he's a writer I admire and look up to and share everything with.

>I could point to places in Batman #48, #49, #50, #51 where Tom has suggestions that I took. I restructured part of #50 based on the advice he gave me. You know what I mean.

>So it's a collaboration that's very deep, I think, in a meaningful way that goes beyond just continuity.

urggggggggggg just die now.

>King: Yeah, to me, the Bat-office, and especially Scott and I, I feel like we're what the Marvel bullpen was supposed to be (and apparently wasn't, but what I thought it was when I was a kid) — that idea of just a bunch of friends that bounce ideas off each other and laugh and joke and know each other’s spouses and just share this very unique experience.

>I mean, there's so few professional comic book writers. It's ridiculous. It's less than professional athletes. We know we're in this together, and we can go forward together, and I think that's the strength of the entire line.

>And you'll start seeing that and how tightly we're working together and how tightly our universe ties together, both thematically and in terms of, you know, who's using who.

>Nrama: Let's talk about who's drawing Batman: Rebirth #1. Is it Mikel?

>King: Yeah, Mikel Janín, who I worked with in Grayson and who is going to do the second arc on Batman — the second part of what's going to be a year-long trilogy, is handling the art, and it's gorgeous. I know everyone's going to say that about their artist.

>Nrama: I think everyone can agree that Mikel's work on Grayson was exceptionally good.

>King: You know, Scott and I, we had an ongoing competition over who could have the sexiest character, because he had Bruce and I had Dick. Now I feel like I've switched sides. So super-sexy Bruce, we're putting right at the center of Rebirth.

>Snyder: In his part of the script, he's like, "Mikel, this is me. Super-sexy Bruce doing a handstand." Literally. And I was like, you really need to say this is you? I'm like, everyone knows this is you! You wrote, like, the sexiest character in comics and like killed it! Like, did the best job.

>So anytime Bruce shows up looking awesome, it's obvious it's you.

>I tried. I fought that losing battle for years. It was because I took Dick Grayson for granted, because I had him when I was with Jock and Francesco, and everyone was always like, "more chest shots! More butt shots!" And I was like, "this is a very serious book!" You know what I mean? And I never did it. And I totally missed my opportunity.

>And then I got on Bruce, and I was like, hey! Shirtless Bruce! And it was like crickets. And I've always been chasing that ghost.

>Nrama: Then to finish up, is there anything else you want to tell fans about Batman: Rebirth or your collaboration on Batman starting this summer?

>Snyder: I'd just like to say to anybody out there that likes Batman remotely, or does not like Batman, please go pick up Tom and David and Jordie's run. He's got terrific ideas. The series couldn't be in better hands. Anyone who likes the character remotely will be very, very proud. And I'm very proud to be writing with him. I just would like fans to go out and make their Batman run as successful or more successful as we were on the book.

>King: And since he's shilling for me, I've got to shill for him. All-Star Batman is not some side project. It's the center of the Batman universe. And I've read the first issue, and it's astounding. And I think it's going to be the defining Batman story for quite some time. And it's in continuity.

>Snyder: It is! When we get closer to August, I'll be singing that tune a lot. It's in continuity! But it'll be fun. We've got a lot of fun stuff coming up.

>like Duke Thomas and his role coming up — but Tom also wanted to show very much, I think, that a lot of the classic elements are back in cool ways, stronger than ever — the Cave, Alfred, the money, the gadgets, Batman himself.
Bitch, you don't have the future.

Comicosity interview with the same writers

>If super-hero comics are about anything, they’re about renewal and cycles of rebirth. I mean, just days after seeing “The Last Batman Interview with Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo” — capping off a glourious five-year run on the title — we’re right back where we started with Snyder talking about Batman: Rebirth #1. Only this time, he’s got a new partner-in-crimefighting at his side.

>Tom King is no stranger to Gotham City or its dark knight denizens, having helmed Grayson and last year’s Robin War event. But now, the dynamic duo sat down to talk about the new adventure of taking on the Batman title proper, passing the reins from one head writer to another, and just what King and Snyder have in store long term in BOTH their ongoing titles!

>Matt Santori-Griffith: The two of you are working on Batman: Rebirth #1 together. How does that feel for each of you — Scott, to be handing the masthead book over to Tom, and Tom, to be picking it up?

>Scott Snyder: It’s terrifying. [laughs]

>No, the thing is, Tom and I had become really good friends before we ever knew there would be a “Rebirth.” Before there was going to be a renumbering and all of that stuff, I starting sharing things and going back and forth with Tom, the better part of a year ago when I was writing #43 or #44. When they started talking about bringing someone else on to do Detective or Batman proper, I was extremely excited by the prospect of Tom. He was 100% my number one choice from the beginning.

>So, leaving a character you feel like you’ve spent so much time with is hard — even though I’m going over to do it all over again in another title. I always feel like the Batman series itself is the place the big ideas start to branch out from. Tom is literally the best writer in comics right now. I’m so proud to be handing the torch over to him. I’m so inspired by what he’s going to do with Batman and what he does in his other books.

>I know it sounds like BS PR, but it’s really the truth, so everyone out there reading is going to have to just deal with it. [laughs] To be able to hand a book over to someone who’s basically the best writer in comics and is also a terrific friend feels great. And I can tell everyone out there that Batman could not be in better hands. I’m so proud to be working alongside Tom and the group of writers coming on the titles.

>Tom King: This is great! [laughs]

>You know, on one level, it’s super frightening. Because he’s a character that isn’t broken. When you take on a series like Omega Men, where there’s nothing there but an old series that was kind of broken already, you have something to build on. These toys are exactly where they need to be. You don’t need to fix them. I don’t need to fix Batman.

>The book is as good as its ever been. And its been like that for five years as Scott wrote it, and before that when Grant Morrison wrote it too. It’s been on a great run. I just need to try to be inspired by that great run and keep it at the incredible level where they’ve left it.

>That’s intimidating, but it’s a good thing! To read Scott’s run, you have to think, “This is how good these characters are. This is how good comics can be.” It makes it a fun challenge. It makes it cool.

>And to have Scott as a friend is incredible. You don’t know how many times I’ve said, “You don’t understand what I’m going through… oh wait. YOU do understand what I’m going through!” [laughs] It’s meant everything to me.

>MSG: So, Batman’s not broken, of course. But with this first issue, what’s different already? Because it wouldn’t be a Rebirth without something new…

>SS: Well, there literally are new elements in it from word go. The way we tried to hand the book over to Tom, Mikel, and David is that Batman is completely healed. He’s faster and stronger than he’s really ever been under the cowl. He’s also got a new role for Duke Thomas, the character we’ve all worked to build together. He’s revising his program in terms of taking someone on, taking on a partner in a way unlike any he’s done before. There’s a whole new approach for how Batman sees himself in relation to the Bat-Family.

>We had a lot of options in terms of cliffhangers or teasers to get you to read Batman: Rebirth or All-Star Batman #1, but one of the things we really connected on was doing an issue that just about Batman being reborn, and the mythos being put back together in ways that will see some elements changed or new. And some other things just put back as they should be. Bruce is back. Alfred has his hand back. Bruce has his money back. They’re back in the cave. Jim Gordon on the roof is back. Batman is completely restored. We have some great new pieces, but all your favorite stuff is there, too.

>TK: Rebirth is to me the idea of having to move comics forward. They need to be modern and reflect the world we’re living in, but they can’t lose their classic elements. They can’t lose the mythic parts in moving that way. That’s sort of been the calling card here. Batman: Rebirth #1 is the return. It’s all the things that even my two-year-old knows about Batman.

So, what will dc do if All-Star Batman gained more followers than the main Batman?

>So it’s all there, and now we can break it apart and show why all these things are important, why they live in our hearts.

>MSG: Since you mentioned him, tell me a little bit about Duke Thomas and your take on him.

>TK: I love the character. I loved writing him in Robin War and in the end, he was the hero in that entire series.

>We have a whole arc for Duke and he’s going to become a huge player in the entire Bat-universe going forward, both in my book and Scott’s. The central part of his character is he doesn’t need Batman like the other Robins do.

>SS: Exactly. That’s who he is to me, too.

>Tom, Tim [Seeley], and I have been talking about Duke for months — since the last San Diego Comic Con, actually — and how we get him to the place we needed him to be. The thing that we really hit on together is that Duke is really the first Robin to believe that Robin doesn’t need Batman. At all. He believes Robin is a separate thing. And in that way, he changes Batman’s thinking on what it means to have an ally or to train somebody.

>He’s a really interesting character in that regard. And he has this really great story with his parents that I think is extremely moving — being irretrievably lost to the darkness of the Joker. How a kid can work through that to be the hero he needs to be, but also have to struggle through the darkness. I love him!

>Just before we got on the phone, I was actually sending Tom designs for Duke’s costume eventually.

>MSG: Cool! And we’ve also seen in the solicitation for Batman: Rebirth #1 a tease for a villain we haven’t seen in quite some time — Calendar Man. Why did you want to pull him out of the archive?

>SS: Again, one of the great things about working with Tom is that we have similar sensibilities. Like when a quieter issue can be really powerful, or when to go really bombastic. This one, we wanted to find that right balance that’s hopefully poetic and has really big moments.

>Janin
>Finch
So does DC really consider these their top talent or are they just testing how shit they can make the main Batbook while still having it sell in the 100s?

>Since this issue is so much about being reborn, we pulled Calendar Man out to see if there was a way of using him that’s new. We redesigned him, which you’ll see, but I think there’s something very spooky about who he is. It makes him both frightening and resonant beyond someone just obsessed with the months.

>Without giving too much away, I can say you’ll be seeing someone really physically different than you’ve seen as Calendar Man before. Physically and thematically.

>TK: It seems silly to say. I mean Calendar Man was the guy who just changed costumes every issue for the months. But there is something utterly frightening about a calendar. If I had to name something that really frightened me in the world, it wouldn’t be the Jokers, Riddlers, or Penguins. It would be the idea of time passing or ending. Either one of those things is the most existentially frightening things out there.

>The idea of someone obsessed with time moving forward approaches the utter dread inside Gotham City.

>SS: When we were working on this issue, Tom said that to me exactly, and it was like, “We’re going to have a lot of fun working together.”

>It was such a great idea that hits on all kinds of nerves for me, both personally and with Batman. He would be afraid of Calendar Man.

>This is just a preview of the investment and imaginative energy you’re going to get on Batman with this guy.

>MSG: And Tom, you’re bringing Mikel Janin over from Grayson, first to do the Rebirth special and then regular arcs on the series. Tell me what you think he’s going to bring to Gotham City proper.

>TK: When they first assigned me to work with Mikel back in Grayson #1, I said I felt like I was working with Jim Lee circa 1993. I felt it. This guy is going to be so huge. And now he’s on Batman!

>Mikel and I have worked together now for so long that I can start to see his pages in my head when I write. It makes it easy in one sense. On the other hand, he knows me so well now that he knows when it’s right to throw out my scripts. [laughs]

>Scott and I switched off writing scenes in Rebirth, but I knew for my first scene with Mikel, I needed to write Bruce with his shirt off. Because I feel like it’s our calling card.

>MSG: Nice!

>Any other thoughts about the ongoing run you want to throw out there?

>SS: I would just say that anyone who liked what Greg and I did on Batman needs to go out and pick up Tom’s. He’s going to do something that’s different and his own, but we’ve got the same spirit.

>Having come after Grant Morrison myself, I know we had very different visions, but the thing that I loved is that Grant was so uncompromising and brave. We tried to do that on Batman, too, and I know Tom will do the same. He’s certainly the perfect successor on the series. You have to go pick this up. Fans are going to be really happy with it.

>TK: And since Scott talked about mine, I’m going to steal that idea and say that I’ve read the first script on All-Star Batman #1 and seen some art. Everyone says that All-Star Superman #1 is their favorite Superman story. I feel like this one is going to follow in that tradition. This is a story that is going to define the character for a lot of people for years. It’s both fun and transcendent. Which is really fucking hard to do.

Pic related is the proper preview of the spread. Newsarama's image server is fucked as of this posting.

All-Star Batman sucks.

I don't care about Snyder one fucking bit. Stop messing around and just give my based comics husbando Batman already.

No Damian ..King is Scott lackey..

>Duke is really the first Robin
Mary sue 2016.

They are not gonna make that nig nog Robin are they?

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

>> Snyd82524881

Duke is the only real wayne .

>fucking up the quote

It looks tedious and boring. He should be banned in America.

>All Star
>in continuity

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

King said Damian would show up in his run and they would actually adress him reacting to Batman training Duke. I think ti was a comic vine interview

>Robin doesn't need Batman

Fuck everything.

damn that guy is lame.

Sadly accurate, so very accurate.Snyder is a potato

Yeah, I love my Batman mentally handicapped and unable to do anything but punch sick people in the gut.

>>He’s a really interesting character in that regard. And he has this really great story with his parents that I think is extremely moving — being irretrievably lost to the darkness of the Joker. How a kid can work through that to be the hero he needs to be, but also have to struggle through the darkness. I love him!
>>Just before we got on the phone, I was actually sending Tom designs for Duke’s costume eventually.
don't really like this guy

So it's true, this is the moment Sup Forums turns on King. I didn't want to believe it but it happened, holy shit.

I like King. I don't like Snyder still retaining this level of creative control and having King be his underwriter.

I can't wait until Vision, Omega Men, and Grayson were always shit

It has been happening for a couple of months since the first rumors that King would be on Batman started to come out.

Janin announced on his Twitter that the colorist for Batman Rebirth #1 is June Chung (Batman: Gotham Knights, Birds of Prey).

Thunder Breaker?

How long till batman does again an passes the torch to Duke? Blackman Returns!

Maybe they were always overrated?

Oh, fuck off.

>going from Capullo to Janin
It hurts phamily
Actually not that much, I like Janin's cheesecake and panel layout.

>All-Star Batman is the center of the Batman universe.

Fucking hell.

>all this butthurt about Duke
beautiful

Cunt fuck his hole.

I think it's mostly that one Damianfag shitposter and then people copying him. I may not have been a big fan of Duke so far, but if King writes it well then there's no problem on my part.

>It
God Damn racist piece of garbage.

To be honest, I was never a fan of Capullo, I really don't get the hype around him

WHO THE FUCK IS DUKE

>suddenly Duke is the first Robinesque character to realize he can do stuff without Batman
I guess we'll just ignore the past several decades.

black robin

I don't care for Duke, but he was okay in King's issues of Robin Wars, so I'll give it a chance.

Really, didn't Dick figure this out when he formed the original teen titans as a toddler and then again when they started the Dick-Robin solo back ups stories?

Are Kingfags the next Morrisonfags?

Kingfags aren't that much, just loud. Wait and watch him be picked apart by Batfags.

Plus most of Tim's existence before The Ruining.

>Meme King finally exposed

lol he really does want to make serious characters do gay shit for no reason

Not like Sup Forums will mind; the only reason Earth-2 sold was because everyone jerked off to shots of Alan's ass

Jasonfrag blis. die..

Half of it was the colors, tbqh

Kingfags are crybabies.

The inferiority complex is real

and I'm supposed to act like Robin fans aren't racist

>But it runs deeper than that, I think, in that we're certainly collaborating in terms of the Bat-line, and I think there's stuff that isn't announced yet that will be a lot of fun for people, where all the writers have stuff lined up, doing some storytelling together in ways that will fun.
What did they mean by this?

the black kid who saved Bruce in zero year.

Just Tim Drake fans,

tumblrfrag fuck off.

Well they already have a crossover or two planned out.

I'm a Kingfag.

I think the big difference is that Morrisonfags honestly think he can do no wrong, in large part because he was decent/great for such a long time in the 90s and early 00s.

King has just been hitting it out of the park lately, but he's new as hell, too.

>I think ti was a comic vine interview
Thank you for finally pointing out a source. Now to see if this is true or not.

I didn't really like Snyder's shit…

Sup Forums hasn't turned on King you fucking idiot. You faggots are so annoying

That's Jae Lee's wife.

Damn, Janin brought his A game on this.

Too bad it's gonna be ruined by Finch.

I'm not a fan of Finch, but at least his art doesn't drive me off books the way whoever drew the Titans Rebirth cover does.

Ahhh damn. They're saddling King with crossovers and Snyder. I don't even hate snyder but I was really hoping this would be king solo. damn

This.

He never mentions Damian at all you bloody liars

It is after the one-shot

Yeah, but the tone of the interview seems to imply Snyder's hands will be in it for a while. Again, thats fine, but its clear King won't get the same sort of creative freedom here he did with Grayson or Omega men. I guess that should have been obvious, this is batman.

Snyder's is cancer.

That first panel Batman looks fantastic.

The worst aspects of Snyder's Batman .Sometimes I wish I could kick this guy...

Bruce: ''The boy needs a father."
Fandom:''You're right... how's Damian by the way?''
Bruce: '.''

>The central part of his character is he doesn’t need Batman like the other Robins do.
Isn't Damians ongoing LITERALLY about him going, on his own, on a journey of apologising for his sins?

Bruce never did actually do anything to help Damian, thinking about it.I'm disappointed..
it proofs Batman is a dick.

...he's a terrible father.
Dick and Danian That's what really matters.

Man, I really used to like Damian but you damianfags are pure cancer...

Looks like we have to make an appointment with Maury.
And this is why Bruce is a Douche !!!!!!

All-Star batman is the tentpole Batman title. And Snyder is coming onboard to do all the Batman events/crossovers.

Let duke die please

Timfrags just you are cancer.
REAL or . Aahz

Tom I HATE YOU :D

If you don't know who the Damianfag poster is, memorize this writing style:

In the butt Tom.

no one cares what you, think JasonTodd is still a loser.

Holy shit that's a goofy suit ability.

Hobbies are Good for You:you stalkst little girls.
Aioros22 of ty.comicbookresources.com/

>Robin doesn't need Batman

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF ROBIN YOU NEANDERTHAL. If you just want to go off and do your own thing, go be some new hero. Being Robin means you're inhereting the mantle from Dick Grayson as Batman's partner.

you talk to yourself
IT IS YOUR IP