King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

So who watched this based movie already?

It's not out here till thursday

Its really badass

We need to open a pipeline to the Saxons

>WHO?!
>I'm Star-Lord man, y'know? The legendary outlaw?

Is this produced by the BBC?

Ayyooo you can say its a bbc movie

So what's the verdict on this movie?

>We need to reach out to black
>What black? This is 5th century Britain.
>Trust me, there's black

There is a Saracen convert knigh tin the legend of Arthur, though admittedly I doubt a medieval definition of Saracen reached quite that far South in Africa.

Saracen were basically south italians from how they looked like.

Saracen was literally just synonymous with Muslim. Not to mention that it's a fantasy made up fucking movie you Sup Forums goof

>WE WUZ KNIGHTS N SHEEEEEEIT MANGGGG

i really hope it's good. i hope it's kingdom of heaven (directors cut) on a steroids

Do I see niggers in a King Arthur movie?

What are the CIA scenes like?

Is the sword in the stone Excalibur here?

>token nigs in medieval Europe
>WE WUZ KNIGHTS AND SHIT

Yeah no thanks

Saracen was just another word for Arab

>haha but I bet there was one or two black Muslims fighting in Arab armies and some Arabs converted to Christianity so therefor putting them in this movie about a European legend isn't retarded checkbox diversity pandering tokenism check mate ;^)

kys

it is checkbox diversity pandering, but it isn't historically impossible. if you're concerned with diversity pandering in a soulless hollywood movie, you have every right to be upset even though i think you're retarded for expecting anything good from a consumer product, if you're concerned with historical accuracy, this should be something you can overlook with relative ease.

You could say it's not historically impossible for white Europeans to travel to medieval Japan and form a squad of European samurai since they had boats, yet if you made a movie about it the same people that justify (((diversifying))) medieval European legend would throw a fit about it guaranteed

>listen to Joe Rogan Guy Ritchie podcast
>Guy goes into detail how Arthurian films never clicked with him until he watched Excalibur
>wanted to do a similar homage to Excalibur whilst telling the story of The Prodigal Son teaching us to not waste our lives
Very keen to watch what hes made of this desu

Looks goofy as fuck and fun. Planning on seeing it this weekend.

again, it's a case of being rustled by societal standards about the portrayal of different ethnicities in media, not historical accuracy. that said a couple unrelated black warriors in england in a mythical tale is much likelier than a european squad of samurai in japan. there is at least one black samurai in history though, i kinda want them to make a movie about him.

jude law is pretty much the only reason i want to see this desu

how was he in this

>a couple unrelated black warriors in england in a mythical tale is much likelier than a european squad of samurai in japan. there is at least one black samurai in history though
[citation not need for any of this because it is all bullshit]

Nobody want to watch niggers.

Did hey "diversify" (ie cast actors of certain races to tick the socjus boxes) or did they stay more or less true to the legend?

No you motherfucker, It's about not having minorities shoved into literally everything that's historically white or European for political diversity™ brownie points, and using farfetched historical reasoning to justify it

Never mind, didn't look close enough at the screenshot.

are u triggered by any chance?

>based

Two niggers in Arthurian legend.

Fuck off.

WE

WUZ

not really, arabs and their slaves travelled a lot, traded a lot, and explored, especially during what accounts to the european early middle ages. japan on the other hand was much more closed, and the japanese recorded a lot, since there are no references to european samurai squads that i'm aware of, i confidently stand by the claim. can't really be bothered to look up citations for a kuala lumpurean corn based cooking recipes sharing board.

yes, a historical improbability is certainly less believable or more annoying than magical swords and anachronistic armor and concepts and body types. and if you have a problem with producers and directors conveying their political message through casting quotas, you have a problem with free speech.

>a historical improbability is certainly less believable or more annoying than magical swords and anachronistic armor and concepts and body types.
It is, those themes existed in the stories of said cultures in the past, those people did not
checkmate faggot

the entire point is that those people were marginally involved with said culture through trade and slavery.

Not to mention that the prime example of this sort of thing, The Thirteenth Warrior, is certified kino.

>late medieval swords
>renaissance jackets
>fucking NIGGERS

Yeah, no interest in seeing this piece of shit, not even going to pirate it and I'm a big fan of historical movies and Arthuriana.

>black samurai
Based Nobunaga, guy was so crazy.

>King Arthur
>part of the story is about ethnic conflict with other white people a few 100 miles ways
>we're ok with niggers in our lands but these Saxons have to go!

>guy ritchie movie featuring david beckham and a shitfest of awful cgi
No thanks