What are your hopes and ideas for Spider-Man Homecoming?

What are your hopes and ideas for Spider-Man Homecoming?

Story? Villain/s? Character development? What would you like to see?

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/spider-man-homecoming-creative-control/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

prom night shooting

Story: Pete mad an ametuer mistake and some villain knows his identity.

Villain/s: Mysterio, Scorpion, Vulture, or Venom(probably wouldn't work since pete's so young)

Character Development: Peter learns this shit ain't a fuckin joke.

Why is it called Homecoming?

I know there was an arc in the comics called that, but I'm pretty sure the movie is not gonna have the same story.

I'd like to keep him street level for the first movie. Meaning no superpowered villains.

>Norman Osborn
Trying to replicate the super soldier serum. He doesn't have to be the main villain or even a villain but he could have a scene ot two or just appear in news flashes where we find out about him and his research. Post credit scene could be be him taking the serum.

>Shocker
I finally wanna see Shocker on the big screen. Could quip with Spider-Man about whose selfmade tech is better.

>Scorpion
Maybe in this version the suit is Oscorp tech so Oscorp and Osborn are automatically introduced. Test mission could be to fight Spider-Man during a staged crime. Spidey beats Scorpion which makes Scorpion so mad that he goes after Spidey on his own, disregarding Oscorp protocol. Commiting crimes around town until things go haywire.

>Kraven
Just wants to hunt down the incredible Spider-Man. Could be a side villain.

>The mob
Just Spider-Man taking on the mob. Could feature Hammerhead.

Lets take a look:
>NO GREEN GOBLIN
Look hes a Spidey villain that still hasnt gotten justice, I get that, but its time to put him on the shelf for a while. We can have Harry and Norman around, but lets work our way to that story.
>Too soon for Venom or Carnage
Not something you want to start with
>Scorpion
All around decent choice in my opinion. The character is seldom used these days and theres plenty of wiggle room with the material. Not to mention its a good way to tie JJJ and it fits with the classic "evil version of the hero" shtick
>Mysterio
Visual potential is limitless and hes so hammy that it compliments Peters personality.
>Shocker
Decent powers, could be a good secondary threat
>Rhino
Same as Shocker but in this case we need to forget that shitshow in ASM2
>Kraven
The most dangerous game on screen with a possible Wakanda reference? Seems good
>Vulture
Very easy to do considering the Falcon connection.
>Doc Ock and the Sinister Six
Now I know what youre thinking. "TOO MUCH AT ONCE!!" which admittedly was a big issue in previous spider man movies. But its not the number of characters, its HOW they are used. Characters like Rhino and Shocker dont require that much depth, and Marvel is getting better at juggling its characters.

It's going to be about Peter's Homecoming Week in High School, and him trying to balance that with being Spiderman

There could be more to it than that since the word Homecoming was mentioned in Civil War

I'm hoping Sony won't fuck it up. I've heard rumors that people internally are saying it's going to be really bad and the studio has no confidence in it.

Please, as a Spider-Man fan, just let this one be good. There have been five movies and none of them have nailed it yet.

Admittedly though its still a weird name
From what Ive heard, Sony is literally just getting a paycheck and Marvel is making a movie for them. No creative control, nor the footing to even try

Agree almost 100%
>Shocker
As much as I wish it weren't true I think they'll avoid him at first because he's so often confused with Electro
>Mysterio, Chameleon
I think they could be great but Spidey needs someone he can punch hard for his debut outing.

>Kraven
I think he'd be better saved for a sequel. If they use him up front they'd have to reinforce pretty hard that Spideys been webslinging for a while and already has a name for himself, and I expect them to go for a slower build there with more time as an amateur

I think Scorpion or Vulture are the most likely, especially considering Vulture was his first costumed supervillain

It's also a meta reference that Pete is "coming home" to Marvel

>From what Ive heard, Sony is literally just getting a paycheck and Marvel is making a movie for them. No creative control, nor the footing to even try

This would be ideal, but the original announcement for the Sony/Marvel deal said that Sony would have full creative control over the solo movies and would be getting all the money for them.

Unless Marvel is just doing the movie for free for them while they get all the cash and credit, which is awfully nice of Marvel.

I would love it if the plot was about Peter's relationship with the public and his classmates.

Peter fights with the Shocker in a cold open, while Mac Gargan stalks him under orders from J Jonah Jameson to investigate the Spider-Menace. Peter is juggling school work and the big dance against J public opinion turning against him for collateral damage from the Shocker fight. Peter struggles with asking out Gwen Stacy to the dance while Aunt May keeps trying to set him up with the Watson girl that lives next door. Mac Gargan decides he should take on Spider-Man because he thinks the kid is too powerful, becomes the Scorpion and betrays Jameson. Spider-Man saves Jameson, and he winds up having a big fight with the Scorpion that runs into the gymnasium the night of the dance. Spider-Man saves the day and rescues his classmates, Jameson gets a bit of comeuppance, Peter gets dumped by Gwen Stacy before agreeing to being set up with Mary Jane Watson.

Roll credits.

Pretty much a given we're going to see this.

I cant recall the article, but I think the Sony control thing is no longer true. Which makes sense considering Sony Japan was FURIOUS at Sony Pictures for their mishandling of the IP and current nigh-bankruptcy. Marvel Disney however isnt hurting for cash. Theyre going to make money from Spider Man co starring in other films like Civil War. Making a film for Sony at this point seems like a minor sacrifice
Would prefer just as an easter egg. Peters current suit is perfect.

Yeah I just saw an article that marvel stated they have full creative control.

I'd Google and post it but anyone here is capable of doing that if they don't buy it.

I have no hope for this movie. Tom Holland is butt ugly, looks too British, and has a whiny voice.
The logo is ugly. The title is dumb. The writers have a bad track record. And the director has done one other movie.

It looks like Mary Jane is going to be black though, and that makes me happy.
I'm pissed that Tony Revolori was cast as "Peter's friend", because I thought he would be a great Peter after I saw Grand Budapest.
And I'm pissed that they had Micheal Keaton, but he dropped out, he would be the perfect Norman Osborne.

The title pisses me off cause it implies a Homecoming dance and I don't want to see a Chad teenage Spider-Man.
I want the bumbling awkward nerd fuck that the movies have failed to give us.
Actually, if this movie is anything like the prom episode of Spectacular Spider-Man, I'll be extremely satisfied.
But without the Mary Jane saving the "last dance" with him shit, I want Peter to lose.

And I want Kraven. Not necessarily in this movie, but I want him.
I hope the main villain being The Vulture was bullshit because The Vulture sucks.

Kraven as main villain, hints at others throughout the film, but only natural ones.
Spectacular Liz Allen as the main love interest
Anya Corazon as a younger student Peter's tutoring
Tony Revolori as Harry
Flash not being forgotten after this movie
No sign of miles

You sound like you either haven't seen CW or you're a massive faggot, possibly both

Found it, you lazy bastard.

slashfilm.com/spider-man-homecoming-creative-control/

Autism, the post

I haven't seen CW, I'm sick and it just came out you fucking retard of course I haven't seen it yet, what the fuck is wrong with you?
Not everyone can or wants to stay up for midnight premieres, Not everyone lives in U fucking K, fuck you.

And fuck you too.
I can't care? This is an entire fucking board about comic books.

I would like them to go Street Level first and then work their way to the big names.

Plus I would like to see Tombstone. He's a perfect fit for a street level story. Also have Rhino & Shocker as his top bodyguards. Possibly have the Enforcers as those regular goons you see as,minor villains in the movie.

>Midnight premieres
I can't believe people still think this is a thing
It premiered at 7 PM yesterday

I hope we get Ultimate JJJ

What happened there?

Bump for spectacular like adaptation

Somehow, Magneto fucked up the magnetic poles and a tsunami hit new york.... I envy that you kept your eyes safe from Ultimatum.

Ultimate SM (comic)>>Spectacular SM (cartoon)

Don't look into it user. Here, have some good, pure, comics

I just want the villain to be Kraven or Mysterio. Maybe allude to Norman in a post credits scene.

Fuck Vulture.

Well since the its looks like Spidey is going to be the replacement for the Iron Man in the future of the mcu I wonder who will be cap replacement (I have my hopes on CapBuck).

>Well since the its looks like Spidey is going to be the replacement for the Iron Man

it doesn't look like that in the slightest, stop saying things you've just made up

RDJ being in the new Spidey movie says otherwise. I can see the passing of the superhero torch from the bloody miles.

hulk being in the new thor film doesn't mean that banner is the new thor replacement

again stop saying things you've just made up

no

>not seeing civil war
>nice blog

Kingpin cameo pls

Fuck you

How long until Peter dies, I've been thinking about reading it

Norman's hair done right

Open up with Peter fighting one of his staple villains, one that might not be able to carry a story too much on their own. Maybe vulture? Fighting Vulture midair would be a good open. Maybe the main story could play off of J.J's stories making Spider-Man more infamous. Hiring Scorpion or Kraven coming over for some big game hunting.

preach

Amen

>Open up with Peter fighting one of his staple villains
I've always wanted this.
Like, Shocker. Shocker's worth a cameo.
Don't get me wrong, I ain't mockin' the Shock, I just don't think Herman could carry a movie.

Yeah Shocker is good for an opener. I just think Vulture might be a bit too close to Falcon visually to be the main villain and we just had Electro (Not really the same but you know... fight would be similar) Maybe if they went into a story about how he was the original maker of Falcons wings and the government screwed him over. etc. etc. I just think characters like Mysterio and Kraven would carry as story better and opening Shocker or Vulture is perfect to establish his growth.

Marvel is sort of doing it for free. How it works is that Marvel didn't have to pay Sony anything to use Spidey in Civil War. Sony doesn't have to pay Marvel anything to get them to make Homecoming, or use Iron Man and other MCU elements.

Sony keeps all the box office money from the movie, but Disney gets all the licensing and merchandising money.

Come back after you watch CW and see if your opinions changed. I came out of that movie really excited about both Spidey and Panther, where as before I couldn't really care about either.

>Tom Holland is butt ugly
>I don't want Spider-Chad

>It looks like Mary Jane is going to be black though
Aaaaand bait

>and that makes me happy
Forgot to quote this as well.

They've just started reprinting Tombstone stuff so that might be a good possibility.

>differing opinions = bait
Ok

You took that out of context.

I want fucking Mysterio for a villain goddamnit!

Hopefully I can see it tomorrow, but I feel like there's a very slim chance my opinion changes.
I didn't like his "metal arm" comment from the TV Spot.

I hope they wait on Norman Osborn so we can have Michael Keaton when he's finally available. I know he was slated for Vulture but come on he's Norman material.

Other than Vulture, I think the Enforcers would be a great first outting villains or Chameleon.

I honestly think the Michael Keaton/Vulture rumor was a joke started just because he was in Birdman

It would be quippy as fuck.
I think I'm ok with that though given it's spiderboy.

Recreate Randy Savage with CGI

>Criminal underworld is starting to break apart
>A mysterious new player, the Rose, comes in and tries to capitalizes on the super villain trend
>Has a mysterious backer known as the Master Planner
>Rose initially employs the Shocker, who is beaten by Spider-Man
>Planner offers Rose someone 'more experienced'
>Enter Adrian Toomes, a seemingly frail old man who is instead a very dangerous combatant with a powerful Vulture exosuit
>Peter loses his first fight with the Vulture, but learns from his mistakes and takes him down in a climactic showdown in the skies of New York City
>Minimize the high school drama this time around, show Peter adapting to his life as a superhero
>Have Harry in the movie, and even cameo Norman, but do not use Oscorp

Hopeing for scorpion

I'd be bumbed if they had someone like Chameleon as the villain only because I'm sure they'll have him be a former Hydra agent, honestly I'm sick of Hydra, I want some AIM action, and not the questionable aim from IM3.

>Americunt, the post

I would shit bricks if you found out that Rose was Vanessa's first born son from many years before she met Fisk. Spidey beating him down and throwing him in prison just makes Spidey a target for Fisk once he gets released from prison.

>midnight showings
Man, it has never felt so good to be a Califag, I watched CW last night at 8.

See Midnight premieres haven't been a thing for ages. I saw it at 9 Est.

Even when movies released at midnight it was still based on local time so you'd be seeing it later anyway.

California can suck a dick

What's funny is that's what I was thinking. Either make that connection, or just go full Big Man and use Foswell.

>It looks like Mary Jane is going to be black though, and that makes me happy.

HOLY FUCK even if this is bait you need to kill yourself

It baffles me that people act like the Vulture isn't a great first main antagonist.

>Doesn't know Pete's identity or have a personal connection to Peter
>Allows for a visual change of pace by having air fights
>Plays up the theme of "not everything is as it seems" that's important to Peter's character
>Allows us to be introduced to a less sympathetic villain

this would be pretty rad

The villain will be Mysterio. Rey Mysterio Jr.

That's a funny way of spelling Bruce Campbell

Bruce Campbell as Rey Mysterio Jr. as Mysterio

booyaka booyaka

In terms of story, I'd like a new Supervillain on a crime spree, but as things go on he turns out to be a part of a greater organized crime conspiracy.

Good villains who haven't been touched upon in previous films include Mr. Negative, Mysterio, or Vulture. (In Vulture's case I don't feel like he has the potential to be the true big bad but more of an elite mook, but he's definitely good for a lot of, "You're stealing Falcon's schtick" jokes.)

Character development? I would actually like it if we saw Norman being developed as a father figure for Peter (if not Tony, in fact, make it both and make them rivals.) It would make Norman's eventual fall so tragic.

Thunderbolts want Spider-Man to join or be arrested.

Peter has a date to the homecom8ng dance.

Bruce Campbell Mysterio is causing havoc.

And Peter forgot to wear pants to his science fair presentation.

THIS

Kingpin is just too good to be limited to the TV shows, and he was originally a Spider-Man villain

I'd like to see this Spidey start with the same villain OG Pete had: The Chameleon.

I'd like to see it as a mix of Amazing, Ultimate, and TAS Spider-Man vs Chameleon stories.

Peter is trying to get part time work as web-master, troubleshooting for the Daily Bugle's webpage. Chameleon, a Kravinoff turned "Enhanced" thanks to his ties to Hydra, is trying to take out nosy reporter Ned Leeds, for stumbling onto Chameleon's real identity during a deal with "The Foreigner." SHIELD is involved, warning both Jonah and Robbie about the danger, but they want to push forward with the story and set a trap for the villain with SHIELD's help.

So Stark gets Peter on the inside to deal with the Shapeshifter (Why? Because I want exposition for a better Spider-Sense, damnit).

As all this is going down, Peter is facing an actual Homecoming at school which he's supposed to attend as the yearbook's official photographer (because everyone else dumped the job on him).

When it's time to take down the Chameleon he's a no show at the trap. He found out, a "mysterious benefactor" leaked SHIELD's sting operations to him... in exchange for tailing the young Superhero to document his identity and deliver it.

Super fight occurs when Flash Thompson shows up at the dance in costume as a prank, forcing Peter to don the costume and duke it out with an ever shapeshifting enemy.

End credit scene/prologue: Jonah hears about what happened at the school, "I want pictures of Spider-Man!"

Mid credits: Chameleon being rescued mid transport by his brother (silhouette of Kraven or standing off screen, referred to by name or "Brother")

>Peter is trying to get part time work as web-master, troubleshooting for the Daily Bugle's webpage.

Wouldn't Tony, who's confirmed for the movie, be paying him? I mean, it would be suspicious to Aunt May if he wasn't getting paid.

That "Grant" from Tony could be in the form of a scholarship, waiting in the ranks for Peter to graduate high school and have a free ride at any college of his choosing.

Free's up Tony's attention so he doesn't have to look away from his reflection very long.

>Kraven's Final Fokken Hunt
I am 100% okay with this.

>>That "Grant" from Tony could be in the form of a scholarship,
Or he could go full mega dick and say that the grant money was all put into the suit costs.

Hopes:
Shocker. He doesn't need to be the main villain, just like the opening action scene.

Osborn. He should be in it, and the movie should end with him becoming the Green Goblin. While I do think he is the best choice for the first movie villain, he has been done to many times before and wasn't good so we might as well give someone else a shot.

Honestly I think Mysterio or Doc Ock are the only other choices for a main villain. Kraven doesn't work with a fresh into the Super Hero thing Spider-Man and a lot of the others villains like Rhino, Scorpion or Vulture just don't feel like villains who can pull off a whole movie as the sole villain. Great as a team but can't hold a whole movie and its to early to do the Sinister Six.

Gwen Stacey should be in it but nothing romantic. She's Petes friend and he can crush on her but we don't need any romantic bullshit. There was way to much of it in every other Spider-Man movie.

I have no clue who can play Jameson and I really hope they don't fuck it up. There are some big shoes to fill with that role.

>I want the bumbling awkward nerd fuck that the movies have failed to give us.
You already got it with the Raimi films and it was terrible. How about we have a Peter who's actually like he is in the comics?

lol, fuck... that's so ice cold I'd almost be down with it, but can you imagine the image backlash Tony "Ironman" Stark would have if Aunt May went to the DB to expose Stark as an Indian Giver. Considering he's a sanctioned UN rep now with the Avengers, the UN wouldn't want that coming down on him.

Plus, he'd have to deal with Pepper. They may be on break, but he still doesn't want to disappoint her.

(I'd also love to see Happy and Pepper show up to announce their engagement, as they both leave Stark Industries for personal reason. Drink, Tony, Drink!)

that was because we got an almost 30 year old teenager.

I honestly want to see them go Mayor JJJ, if not in this movie, then set it up for future movies. Would be such a cool deal in the MCU.

Ye gods, if only we could... but that story would be cheap at this point without the attachment.

If they aren't going to give us a seriously well developed Kraven, he needs to be like his Ultimate counterpart. Get knocked the fuck out on his live reality broadcast because he gets in Peter's way while apprehending another villain.

I love Sharlto Copley but I can't see him as Kraven.

that said anyone else think that when they bring Kraven into the MCU he's gonna end up being Sokivian? just because.

I'd like to show that Peter's love life wasn't always just MJ and Gwen.

His failed attempts in high school to get with Liz Allen (great step for either Ultimate Liz or 616 style Molten Man).

I think Spectacular Spider-Man had a great approach to the multiple girls in Peter's life. Lacey Chabert's sweet nerdy Gwen is adorable from that show, but since we got that already we can go with rebellious goth punk Gwen.

MJ needs to be a party girl, not just a popular girl, who doesn't necessarily anchor herself with a guy just because he wants to be with her (classic Spectacular scene where she ditches Brock).

Speaking of Brock... get the Roxxon corporation in her, go Ultimate with the Venom project in the future, but start with brief cameos with Eddie Brock Jr still in Pete's life (if only distantly, online etc)

>go Ultimate with the Venom project in the future
and you lost me

>HOLY FUCK even if this is bait you need to kill yourself
ok

>trilogy
>first movie, Kraven is seen riding into NY on the wing of his plane, finds Spider-Man, gets knocked out. Roll opening credits.
>Second movie, the sequence from Spider-Man: Blue where he watches as Spider-Man fights his other rogues, goes after him, goes after Harry instead because he didn't consider more than one person using the same cologne. Gets blindsided and knocked out.
>Third move, Kraven's Last Hunt. Preptime is over.

Spend two movies showing that Kraven is bumbeling and incompetent. then in the third movie turn him into a fucking vicious badass? yeah no way anyone will complain about bad characterization.

Kraven should be a cameo mention in the first movie, acutally introduced in the second with a tease of the Last Hunt as the credit stinger.

I feel that the Last Hunt is something you do to send off a great character that's in the protagonist's life longer than a few skirmishes. If Spider-Man were an HBO series, I'd say season 2 or 3 for the Last Hunt, so his death really tears at the audience.

Considering the role the Roxxon corporation plays in Agents, and what it played in Ultimates, it would be another great tie in for the new Spidey.

Of course, I'd like to see space symbiote Venom, but I'm so sick and fucking tired of TAS bullshit that the suit was changing his behavior. The fucking Symbiot would joyride Pete's body while he slept, that's it. It never made him more aggressive.

Goddamn... rustled my own jimmies...

Why? It's utter shit and was part of a bad story

yeah but you can't have Kraven appear to be an incompetent guy for 2 movies only to pull a 180 and turn him into a serious fucking threat in the 3rd. the audience won't like that. its the kind of stuff that test audiences complain about that makes the studios force a bunch of rewrites and reshoots to change the movie.

and you also can't have Kraven be this cool badass stalking Spidey for 2 movies either. He isn't the be all end all of Spider-Mans villains. He's a great villain and I'd love to see Kraven's Last Hunt on the big screen but it can't work like that.