RIP DC

So how much time does DC have left? I love DC and don't want to see it go but think about.

>Comics aren't selling
>Batman v Superman bombed
>Animated movies have turned to shit
>Arrow & Flash are shit

How much longer until they pull the plug?

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/co/thread/78784471
groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/net.comics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Arrow is shit flash is just okay

You vastly underestimate how much money these companies have.

You're an idiot who has, at most, been reading comics for a year or two.

Cool company war, bro
Also kill yourself

You can make a comic about anything with Batman in it and sell it, you can make any show/movie about Batman and sell it.
Right this minute, someone is coming up with a stupid idea for a Batman comic, and knowing at the same time that it'll sell.

Least discerning fanbase ever.

Batman and Superman look in dire need of a sandwich in this pic

Than explain how I'm wrong

>Least discerning fanbase ever.
X-fags say "hi".

Thanks for the compliment. I'm going to pass on killing myself though, I have a lot more threads to make.

you are an idiot, kill yourself

Who's the artist? Looked like Shaner in thumbnail.

DC can't even afford to feed their two biggest stars because nobody buys their shit

Weak bait you stupid faggot. A company that has been around for over 75 years isn't going anywhere.

Marcio Takara.

But Marvel is running them out of town

Well... he's not that wrong...

>Least discerning fanbase ever.

marvel says hi

>im new to comics and don't know this stuff is cyclical

God, the pain will never stop, will it? I mean that physically hurts to look at.

Those are opiniojs and guesses. Shifty ones at that.

>>Batman v Superman bombed
>Over 800 million
>bomb

So many films that wish they could have "bombed" that hard

It should have made over a billion. Why didn't it preform as well as the avengers?

I can't decide which is more painful. This or that?

Remember the 1980s Usenet thread?
desustorage.org/co/thread/78784471

groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/net.comics

/tvirgins/ moving goalposts

''WB wanted 10 piles of money! They only got 8 and a half! epic fail! lol

To be fair, people who actually read comics overwhelmingly prefer DC. DC matched Marvel in floppy sales (Marvel has Star Wars to artificially bolster its sales figures), while DC dominates in trades.

Marvel is good at picking up new readers, but not maintaining them. Marvel books are disposable.

Please stop. I can't live like this.

I think its safe to say Superman killed DC
When the bubble burst in the 90s it was directly linked to the Death and Return of Superman BS

It's not just that it didn't preform well. The general consensus is that the movie was shit, now nobody is going to see future DC movies because they'll remember how bad Batman v Superman was. Honestly probably the reason Batman v Superman did so poorly was because everyone remembered how bad man of steel was.

Everyone is getting so mad. I'm just trying to help you guys get used to the fact that DC won't be around in a couple years.

> implying it wasn't Identity Crisis.

Thanks, based Disney shill. Keep pushing that narrative, maybe it'll make people tolerate your terrible comics.

people who actually read comics don't give a fuck about who makes them, fagboy

Every movie needs a to make a trillion bajillion dollars, as randomly thrown out by Sup Forums economists, these days, in order to qualify as a success. Anything that'd sound like a really large and impressive number to a second grader can serve as a reasonable benchmark; only here, grown men are the ones coming up with these unfounded, hyperbolic figures and predictions.

I don't know why I find these threads so funny, but I do.

Probably because all the Bat-related stuff has been good because they put good people on it.

But Marvel burst the bubble and created the diamond monopoly bro.

This

Marvel was in a shit hole, then Disney bought them out to funnel money into it. DC is about as dead as Superman vs Doomday.

B-Man deserves better than this.

Selling well enough
Made a profit and the other movies will too
Better than Marvel's pathetic animated output
I'll give you Arrow but Flash is still good, just because it isn't god tier now like S1 doesn't make it bad

>Marvel burned us all out on superhero movies
>DCU is a massive blunder
>pretty soon the MCU bubble will burst too
>no superhero related media for over a decade
>MCU reboots again

it's an endless cycle

yes

The comic market will either die or change radically in the next few decades, anyway. But DC isn't going anywhere, because they can make money by putting Batman and Superman in stuff for the rest of all our natural lives.

>>no superhero related media for over a decade
Oh, how I fucking wish.

In a way, BvS shows how powerful the draw of these DC heroes is. The movie was pretty poor, yet still made a boatload of cash because will show up for Batman and Superman. It would've made more if it hadn't been an incomprehensible bellyflop, but still.

>pretty soon the MCU bubble will burst too

So how many times over the years will you guys say this before it actually comes true? And when/if it eventually does will you act like smug assholes who totally called it?

Comics are so last decade. It's all about the movies now.

I think arrow is more uneven than outright bad. Last few week's were okay.

Yes, that's why DC went out of business in the 70s.

Oh wait.

>this whole thread

But DC isn't doing as well as Marvel and that's all that matters

Do you have any idea how businesses work?

This isn't bait you fucking kike. I'm genuinely concerned for the future of DC comics

Arrow is fucking shit and only Oliver x Felicity fanbase thinks otherwise

Yes as a matter of fact I do. The objective is to make money, something DC seems incapable of doing.

>last few weeks
The last episode was a 5/10 at best and the two before that were literal 0s
No it isn't, all that matters is that DC makes enough money to keep going

Don't worry guys just report this tread and let it die

Are you literally blind

>tfw they never fire the people who fuck up and drive away the talent that made them good at at post-1994

they can sell 0 comics, produce 0 movies and do nothing on tv but still be bank because of licensing merchandise

the arkham games made as much for them as the nolan trilogy

DC is making a shit ton of money, just not as much as Marvel. That's like arguing that Wendy's and Burger King should just shut down all their restaurants because they don't make as much as McDonald's.

You're either baiting or the biggest fucking retard on the planet.