/leftovers/

2kino4u edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RfRXDKTUiXE
youtube.com/watch?v=jYrcNLC8wMc
spoilering.com/2017/05/08/the-leftovers-episode-3-05-promo-matts-journey-to-australia/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/r/ing webm of the scene in op pic

it made very uncomfortable

Just finished that new episode
>episode 5 is a Matt episode
>episode 6 is a Laurie episode
How the fuck are they going to resolve all the plot central stuff within two episodes? Seems like they are cutting it real short

7 out of 8 episodes have already been screened for critics, and they've said there is still no clear resolution to the show by episode 7. So there's either a big horrible plot twist in 8, or nothing at all and does/doesn't resolve itself quietly

>tfw I'm getting Nora mixed up with Fargo because she pretty much works for the same company type in both.

Fucked me up when she was told her trip was "paid" by the company in the Leftovers and when she went to LA in Fargo and she got charged and was told "you never told us anything about this trip".

Anyways, pretty solid so far. I would it expect any real explanation and you shouldnt either if you've watched the series until now. It's just a back and forth between was the real? No it wasn't, but maybe?

Oh and that last scene was pretty amazing and hard hitting even though it was pretty simple.

>Laurie episode

What's the meaning of this scene?

Laurie episode involves both Kevin & Nora. Her, John and Michael are seen at Grace's house in the trailers.

None of the plot threads honestly seem that hard to resolve. There is certainly no guarantee it will do so with everything being all nice and tidy.

c u c c
u
c
c

>Guy answers no, gets turned down
>Nora answers yes, gets turned down

What did they mean by this??

Just finished the episode and it waas fucking amazing.
The question scene was a little bit retarded but other than that it was a 10/10 episode.The OST has been godlike all season i would be sad if they wont release a complete ste at the end of the season.

>episode 6 is a Laurie episode

god damnit

;_;

10/10 fargo episode last week imo. 9/10 leftover episode to finish the week off. does it get any better bros?

Will Norafags ever recover after getting TOLD that hard?

Should i start this or The Night Of?
Aslo, the show is labeled as Fantasy, what is "fantasy" about it?

>what is "fantasy" about it
Only the premise. Everything else is confimed within reality.

DAMON

>Only the premise. Everything else is confimed within reality.

Incorrect.

I've never seen this show, but I know a little about the book. It never actually resolves what actually happened to everybody that vanished and leaves it completely open for interpretation. Is the show like this, or does that not even really matter in the wider scope of the story? I'm genuinely interested.

The real answer is "I don't care"

So I guess God or whoever made Kevin think he was seeing Evie just so he would appear in the background on that morning show and his dad could find him. Truly God works in mysterious ways.

yea its like that except theres weird shit like kevin cant die.

What really happened is irrelevant.

>Is the show like this, or does that not even really matter in the wider scope of the story? I'm genuinely interested.

The Sudden Departure hasn't been resolved and I doubt it will be, if anything the show has added even more inscrutable supernatural elements to confound the characters.

>episode 5 is a Matt episode

The best ones desu

The part where Evie was staring at Him through the TV was spooky as hell.

Classic Lindelof

When the sun is wrapped up [in darkness]
And when the stars fall, dispersing,
And when the mountains are removed
And when full-term she-camels are neglected
And when the wild beasts are gathered
And when the seas are filled with flame
And when the souls are paired
And when the girl [who was] buried alive is asked
For what sin she was killed
And when the pages are made public
And when the sky is stripped away
And when Hellfire is set ablaze
And when Paradise is brought near,
A soul will [then] know what it has brought [with it].
So I swear by the retreating stars -
Those that run [their courses] and disappear -
And by the night as it closes in
And by the dawn when it breathes
[That] indeed, the Qur'an is a word [conveyed by] a noble messenger
[Who is] possessed of power and with the Owner of the Throne, secure [in position],
Obeyed there [in the heavens] and trustworthy.
And your companion is not [at all] mad.
And he has already seen Gabriel in the clear horizon.
And Muhammad is not a withholder of [knowledge of] the unseen.
And the Qur'an is not the word of a devil, expelled [from the heavens].
So where are you going?
It is not except a reminder to the worlds
For whoever wills among you to take a right course.
And you do not will except that Allah wills - Lord of the worlds.

She blew her self up allahu akbar style.
Who's taking bets?

Post 5 favourite episodes
>Guest
>Two Boats and a Helicopter
>B.J. and the A.C.
>Most Powerful Adversary
>I Live Here Now

International Assassin niggers aren't welcome

>kevin sr episode
>guy who sets himself on fire said "no" to kill a baby if it would cure cancer... also claims they didn't take him

>this episode
>nora says "yes" to kill a baby if it would cure cancer... they didn't take her

the night of's ending is disappointing, otherwise the miniseries is above average.
leftovers is like Lost and everyone is Lock.

Two Boats and a Helicopter
The Garveys at Their Best
G'Day Melbourne
Off Ramp
Internatioinal Assassin

>International Assassin

*watches Join the Club once*

I loved the short scene with the guy that needed to go to Antartica

I Live Here Now
International Assassin
G'day Melbourne
Two Boats and a Helicopter
A Most Powerful Adversary or Lens

>>Two Boats and a Helicopter
the kinoest

No one's laughingat god

Was he prophesying the explosion we learn about at the end of the episode?

This is the greatest art created since The Sopranos

Am I imagining it or was it alluded to that something was living inside Nora, perhaps last season?

The night of is really good but the first episode is the best and it never gets to the level of quality The Leftovers is at and has been since mid season 1. If you want something weird original watch The Leftovers

youtube.com/watch?v=RfRXDKTUiXE

Lens is underrated imo

I think they'll touch on this again. Seems like it's building towards her indirectly being responsible for the departure. There was all that fuss over house being special etc

someone explain this

It's a GR hoax

Is the woman at the end of season 3 episode 1 (not Nora, the other one), the same woman that is hanging out with Kevin Sr?

i can't remember

Nora is still my Leftfu, but she is an emo pity party bitch and Kevin was dead-on.

no, it's not the same woman

The question was meaningless. It's a test to see how the subjects react to being refused.

>women (mothers) are supposed to protect the babbys
>men are supposed to do what needs to be done for the greater good

...or something. fuck do I know.

>leftovers is like Lost and everyone is Lock.
Picked up

Nora said yes, but after asking whether the child is hers. the man said no regardless.
the answer must be yes regardless of the child is yours or not.
but that's a far fetch, in reality we'll never find out

TAKE ON ME

where can i listen to the trumpet only version?

I live here now
Two boats and a Helicopter
The prodigal son returns
Most powerful adversary
No room at the Inn

Kevin really doesn't know what the fuck he just got himself into after getting in that car.

youtube.com/watch?v=jYrcNLC8wMc

thanks fám

does anyone else think this season has more music than the previous seasons? i mean besides the music from Richter

Way more than previous seasons.

They are all going full Madman knowing it's the last season

Why did the town of Jarden hire a man with a history of metal problems as their new police chief?

>a history of metal problems

I guess they just wanted any old..... COPPER

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

they are researching to create a means of getting to the departed. They would only take someone who would sacrfice themselves for the greater good. Nora would only sacrifice others.

ITS NOT ABOUT THE MYSTERIES THE GREATEST WRITER OF THIS AND ANY GENERATION SAID SO

they don't know that

the town was literally bombed by drones after turning into a blood orgy, do you really think they're doing psych evals?

This makes the most sense, especially considering that when Nora asked the question 'are they my children' one of the scientists started smiling

Im guessing yeah that would make them do evals

And it was by out of towners for the most part anyway

i bet they were glad to find someone willing to do the job

This batshit rave on a boat is going to be absolute kino, like the other Matt episodes.

I'm a bit sad we won't see Meg again, she was such a hot mess.

You could literally apply this image to any Movie/TV show.

Nora is a CUTE

i think they are playing the long con for more money.
the series was never about science, i doubt it's going to be more than that.

So is it worth going through the utter boredom that is season 1 for seasons 2 and 3?

I reckon Kevin's just given up now

Season 1 is only boring if you've got ADHD

I don't think the show is for you, so no, don't bother.

What was the explosion? was it library girl?

if you got past episode 3 and don't like the show, then i would say drop it

Kevin has seemed perpetually stunned since the season started. I can't tell if it's just a broad performance or he's seen some shit in his plastic bag naps that is haunting him

>Kevin has seemed perpetually stunned since the season started
With the kind of shit that's happened to him, how can you blame him?

I think he genuinely loves Nora but, as of the last episode he clearly found out she doesn't care nearly as much about him as he does her and now he really has no purpose (until Kevin Sr shows up of course). He doesn't want to tell her about what he is going through out of fear that she will leave him again.

>spoilering.com/2017/05/08/the-leftovers-episode-3-05-promo-matts-journey-to-australia/
>One more thing that we’ll say within this article — for those of you looking for a sequel-of-sorts to last week’s incredible, mind-bendy episode “International Assassin,” such a thing will be coming by the end of the season.
I think this pretty much confirms that episode 7 will be the "International Assassin" episode of the season

>boredom that is season 1 f
Leave, plebian

3 years after the stuff in season 2 though? It's a little odd to me

THE SODOM AND GOMORRAH ON THE MISSISIP

This is definitely the episode that involves Kevin in the all white suit (set photos).

holy SHIT THIS EPISODE WAS INSANE
K I N O
I
N
O

MATT EPISODE NEXT YES

That's dumb. Clearly the machine is fueled by small children and they wanted to make sure Nora wasn't going to shit a brick when they threw one into the wood chipper to dial the 8th chevron.

post yfw it's a Matt episode

Why is everyone going mad about the Matt episodes? Out of every main character he sure is the most cringeworthy and boring one.
Personally I'm dissapointed we don't have any more guilty remnants. Patti, now that was a fucking great character.