Why didn't Hank open his own propane dealership?

He's basically the only reason Strickland Propane could operate given how much of a drunk Strickland was. plus consider all the horrible things Buck did to him:

-fired him when Megalomart started selling propane
-put the guy with the MBA in charge during the snow storm instead of Hank
-framed him for murder (!)
-corrupted Bobby and left him on the streets of some shitty town in Arkansas until Hank rescued them
-treated him like a newhire after Hank quit to save the company from the ADA
-tried to hook up with his niece
-demoted him back to Assistant Manager after Hank said he loved him
-sent him to Thatherton Fuels rather than pay a 20 dollar gambling debt
-made Hank work for Khan when he bought into the car wash
-other stuff I know I'm forgetting

Peggy changed careers a few times (sub teacher to reporter to real estate) so I don't know why they didn't let Hank try his own thing. I know he was supposed to be loyal to Buck but it was obvious as the show went on he took off the rose colored glasses he wore concerning his boss. no way a guy like Hank would put up with all of that shit, no matter how loyal

he should have left and never come back after the framed for murder thing. everything after that shows how big of a cuck Hank is

Because he lives in an idealistic delusion. To him propane is life, but Strickland Propane IS propane. Buck Strickland is only a step below god in his eyes. Any terrible thing Buck does is just a Jobian test of faith.
tl;dr: Hank's an idiot.

he almost did become the manager, until he let his emotions slip and said he loved buck
now as stupid as buck canceling his promotion was, he has a point. hank is unstable.

he should have blown up Strickland after he blew up the Mega-Lo-Mart

Because Hank is a loyal man
for good or bad he's loyal to Mr.Strickland
and he thinks if he leaves and opens another dealership it would be a dishonest thing to do

Hank respects authority, but can't reconcile that sometimes authority is lacking.

There's actually an episode where he gets past this, though; he realizes Buck is shit and he considers quitting, but realizes that keeping Strickland Propane running is what helps all the people of Arlen.

Because running a propane business requires you to be corrupt. None of the business owners in Arlen are good people.

-Bait shop guy burnt down his business for insurance money
-lot of the country singers are cheapskates and liars
-John Redcorn has been sleeping with Hank's best friend's wife for 13 years
-Dale Gribble isn't licensed
-the major propane business owners are deal with prostitution and

He didn't leave because Buck was a replacement for his abusive father when he was younger. Now he is older and can't unsee him as this father figure he can't abandon.

I think you forgot to finish your post

Same reason that despite Bobby not being a masculine stereotype and constantly having Hank learn to appreciate him for what he is, he immediately afterwards goes "BWAHHHH" when he learns he joined a non stereotypically masculine club.

too bad the show ended when it did, I'd have loved to see how Hank reacted to Bobby registering for a tumblr account and realizing he's a genderfluid otherkin

well now that i think about it.
yeah! i never thought of hank ever opening his own business. i always just thought how the hell is even making money from working at a propane dealership let alone strickland and making money to support a family of 3 to 5.
i mean i know peggy has a job, but strickland propane is more like a place buckly would work at.
hell! look at the idiot employees that work there. like that bitch donna

That picture is godlike.

What a neat crossover

it kind of makes you wonder
Has Hank ever masturbated?

To be fair, Dale is a few peas short of a pod. He probably didn't realize you needed one until a few years into it, and even then, he thinks he's doing the right, uncorrupt thing by keeping himself off the grid from the seedy, underhanded government

>that is just asinine, Bobby, you're a man, not a... a hwhatever you just said.
>But dayyyyyad, I finally am realizing who I am, and what I represent.
>Son, you are Bobby Hill, that's who you are, and the last time you tried to represent, the Southern Arlen Pushers tried to quote, "bust a forty-five in your narrow... behind."

only to propane and propane accessories

I DID NOT BLOW UP THE MEGA-LO-MART!

No, he has a narrow urethrae that would jam his sploodge

What's the reference?

Because Hank is really bad at business.

This is a guy who paid sticker price for cars for DECADES and didn't find out until Peggy told him he was getting ripped off and even then he didn't believe it.

When Buck put him in charge of hiring new talent he chose a drug addict that ruined the business for everyone over a highly qualified woman because he figured he'd have less stuff to talk about with women.

He doesn't do business to earn a profit, he does it because he loves propane. He's not willing to be cutthroat in a cutthroat business.

He's not someone who do well in a position of firing people either, because he places loyalty over everything else and is willing to put up with A LOT if he has history with someone even when they exploit him or make him do all the work.

What about when Strickland sexually assaulted Peggy?

this is actually a good answer