Times when critics were wrong

Times when critics were wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/london_has_fallen/reviews/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they should just give separate critic scores based on gender and political leanings

why does amy nicholson paint her face like a sad clown?

Batman v Superman, obviously. The Theatrical cut was OK, but not that bad. Knives were out for that film.
Ultimate Cut is clearly the only way it should be watched

kek

tfw to smart too hate ghostbusters

nah i wouldn't say critics were wrong... that was pretty meh and the audience rated it just a tad bit better than the critics

I'd love if a ratings site could give 2 scores to controversial films: the average positive score and the average negative score.

Lots of great films get shit ratings from ADD fags who think it's too long or don't get it, and lots of shit films get 10/10s from the same group. Also 10s and 1s should be omitted and anybody who only votes a 10 or a 1 should be gassed.

>mentioning gamergate in your review title
What a brave ally that man is, standing up against gamergate.

>lel gamergate trolls are the reason why movies are trash! i'll show em with a positive review on a gurlll power movie
seriously fuck that critic

It's more like a 4/10.

should allow you to disregard critics. So then you can go through it and eliminate every critic that gave GirlBusters over a 7/10 score

would help in judging a new movie when the critics fit your tastes

I watched this on a plane. I didn't think it was terrible, but it wasn't a 6.5/10. It felt like a cheap Adam Sandler comedy

This.
The theatrical cut deserved quite a but if shit but the reaction after the Ultimate Edition was released was literally "Waaaa! I can't clap to this because it's different from what I expected!"

What I don't understand is how these critics don't understand they're delegitimizing the sociopolitical beliefs they're supposedly standing for by heaping praise on a craptastic movie like the Ghostbusters remake and declaring it to be the current high bar for female representation in film-making.

I mean, if you go around telling people that Ghostbusters 2016 is the zenith of what women are capable of in the film industry, and then people believe you and see the movie, doesn't that reinforce the idea that women are inherently bad at movies?

*bit of
Dumb phoneposter blah blah blah

>its good, take that haters

where's the audience score...? otherwise you're just saying it's shit

Obviously this.

what the absolute fuck

This,the were right about BvS , why they didn't see much of the same faults in TFA is baffling.

>a laff-a-minute
That person is a professional film critic

i hate the way fucking "movie critics" talk. was it good, yes or no? if you liked something about it just fucking say it
>"Kate McKinnon is a spontaneous eruption of hellfire hilarity."
jesus christ. or instead discuss something about the themes of the movie i dont even know but this is fucking gay.

I'm saying it's shit. Anyone with a triple digit IQ would say it's shit.

You lick nigger anus and P2 is shit hot. Go watch Girlbusters again you rancid fgt.

I thought it was great... guess I'm the only one...

It wasn't THAT bad...

I thought that movie was pretty awesome visually and story-wise. Also I've never played Warcraft III or World of Warcraft and I found it somewhat easy to follow (except for some of the names of characters) I can't believe a lot of critics poo-pooed it, but I can understand how or why they would

>a movie can't be a 1 or a 10
why?

What did she mean by this?

When The Thing come out it was a flop and every cirtic hated it.

Carpenter was depressed as fuck about it.
and now it's considered a fucking cinematic masterpiece

This, Warcraft should be a solid 60-70%
I bet the critics just got triggered by something or didnt even care about the movie just give it bad score because "Video Games"

Shill Tomatoes

>Somehow, this Ghostbusters remake is going to push us all to reckon with what a more equal world might look like, whether we like it or not. Fortunately, the movie is tremendously easy to like.

hahahahahaha

how could someone write something so fucking stupid, women were a mistake.

>spontaneous eruption of hellfire hilarity
I will use this in my shitposting

rottentomatoes.com/m/london_has_fallen/reviews/

Half the reviews can be accurately summed up as "it's right wing, and I hate that."

It makes me sick that these critics got played so easily

>phoneposter defending BvS
Why am I not suprised

because you were one

>dat critical consensus

Hahahahaha. If this came out now it would be sitting at 80% RT
Did movies get worse or film critics ?

This, unironically

what did they mean by this?

I used to listen to a podcast with her on.
She judges films on whether she empathises with the characters' feelings or not. Not on story, cinematography, tension/fun/ideas, or anything else, just feelings. She literally doesn't know why films with unsympathetic protagonists exist.

>tfw tired of trying to feel feelings for the protag
I just want to see him do cool shit, and most of the time, amoral shit. Hate those little scenes where he's a tough guy, but then he's nice to a kid or a homeless person to show he's not all bad.

Anyone who disliked Ghostbusters would've been castrated and sent to the salt mines, although BvS has all the makings of a cult classic as reception has justifiably gotten better over time

>LAFF-A-MINUTE

there are adults who are paid to type this

because most people vote in those extremes
i liked the first Transformers 10/10
Doctor Strange was boring 1/10

Cool strawman, an extra hour of shit doesn't improve the movie.

wait did you reverse the two reviews...?

The best movie of 2016 by far

go to her blog
she has an entry defending being biased in favor of Marvel movies

Every single one should be fired.

they should separate critic scores based on IQ of the critic
and in an ideal world weighted by how much they made in bribe money

They were right about this. They were wrong about TFA and CW though.

most of these either mention
>it's good, so take that haterz
or
>the women are women funny in their women way

Both.

Ghostbusters doesn't count, they liked that one because it was cool to be pro womens power and stuff, not because they actually thought the movie was good.

yes
it doesn't matter though, both are retarded capeshit, yet somehow one is 1/10 and another is 10/10

>go to her blog
tempting, hang on

This can be seen in general rhetoric nowadays, as well. You either love or hate something, you can't just like/dislike it. It's either the greatest thing ever or the worst shit you've ever witnessed. If you moderate yourself you get ignored; only the loudest screamers garner attention.

I mostly blame the media, who have more influence and power than ever before. Clickbaits and Buzzfeed shit is only one aspect, normal newspapers and so-called "legitimate" news sources are also clamouring for attention. This rhetoric perpetuates a society full of people believing that a statement has to be hyperbolic to be interesting. It dumbs down reviews and criticism into this black and white worldview on anything from movies to politics.

That's still being wrong, it's just they thought they were making a statement by being wrong

>womyn and americucks

>go to her blog
>see picrelated

fuck this and fuck her

It's called the audience score and rating, and it's usually the only one you should look at

Sup Forums unironically has shittier tastes than even the most pleb members of the public, much less the braindead critics.

Critics cream their pants over musicals. I don't know why. Interrupting a story for musical numbers isn't "art," it's vaudeville horseshit.