Is there a board on Sup Forums where people can talk about The legend of Korra ?

Is there a board on Sup Forums where people can talk about The legend of Korra ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z22seoMxgpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This one. Don't expect rational conversations, though

>>/mlp/

No. Not here. Not anywhere.

No. Sup Forums frigging hates Korra and with good reason.

i don't understand

i find Korra really nice to watch

i guess i'm just too basic

/u/ is the place to go.

Earth>Fire>Change>Water>Air>Who gives a shit

Why? Three of four seasons are good.

>mfw i just went to /u/ and found the general

whatever, i'll just keep watching it because i like it

the show, not the yuri thread

what season is bad in your opinion?

Nah. They are all shitty asspulls and teenage drama. Korra is a loser and everything is wasted potential. But welp, have fun i guess.

Second one obviously

Pft, I told you.

people cannot enjoy anything anymore

everything has to be super edgy

wew. this world we live in

I liked the Avatar Wan part
And the fact that Korra has to be the first Avatar without connection with the past Avatar lives

meh. i'm easily satisfied.

Every Korra thread.
>Discussion about why it sucks.
>Talk about how much of a retard Korra was.
>How it could have been written better.
>Korrasami spamming.

Whatever happened to those guys trying to write the next Avatar? I'd rather have that than yet another Korra bitchfest.

what is so wrong with Korra

i don't get you guys

Just fuckiing talk about it then, instead of metaposting about how you can't.
As is you're just inviting shitposting.

>people cannot enjoy anything anymore
Not bad cartoons, they don't.

It wasn't good.

Leave it to Sup Forums to be as terrible as the people they denounce.

>everything has to be super edgy

I wanted to enjoy this story just as I enoyed Wakfu or ATLA. But bad writing isn't something that should be celebrated. Just because you get some idiotic asspull lesbian ending doesn't mean it's good.

It's a goddamn shame the best part of the series doesn't even involve Korra herself.

It's a cycle. Everything has a cycle.

It's a matter of taste and timing I think. I don't know about other people who watched it after the fact but when I watched it as it was coming out I was absolutely livid about how there was pretty much nothing interesting was going on at the forefront other then some bad romance drama for the majority of the show up until the climax where the equalist take the city. It ends on that and I'm left kinda wanting. Then Season 2 happens, so I outright quit because fuck all if I'm going to pretend to have Stockholm syndrome when the first season was a disappointment and then season 2 shit the bed.

Season 2 came out and apparently it's really good, but fuck that, the damage is done, I'm glad it did well but holy shit fuck that show.

wew.

i'm happy i can enjoy things

Why yes user we do have a place for you. Hold for one moment while we make a reservation.

Please hop into the complimentary shuttle bin to /trash/, the in flight movie is The Room followed by 24 hours of nuPPG reboots.

whatever

what is a good cartoons then?

yeah i tried different boards before this one.

that's why I started it that way. but i get your point

It's good you can enjoy a show, doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to be shat all over for its blatant issues. I'm happy you liked it.

Read this, then.

>Season 2
He didn't even mention the bit where she lost ALL of the fucking avatar spirits rendering the Avatar State absolutely useless as a defense mechanism

>/u/
>Korra
>not descending into an absolute shitfit over "muh chinese cartoons" like /h/ or /d/

These t/u/rbo dykes have their shit together. Holy fuck.

Honestly. The love triangle could have been handled far better. None of the characters really grew up (except Mako), Korra is nothing but a muscle head idiot, Bolin was always an inmature buffoon that was cursed to always be the comic relief (at least Sokka was the brains of the group)... Asami is and will always be a doormat.

Korra was disappointing and boring. Full of deus ex machinas, asspulls and idiotic bullshit.

meh.
you guys love to compare

>what is a good cartoons then?
ATLA
Wakfu S1
Venture Bros
JLU
GLTAS
EEnE
Classic PPG
Gumball
The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat

Oh, yeah. Korra also erased all the other avatars over sheer incompetence. That was tragic and hilarious.

shit can change. there wasn't always an Avatar. plus she is still the avatar.

>Not mentioning Cyber Six

youtube.com/watch?v=Z22seoMxgpI

And then Tenzin - Aang's own son - told her that was a good thing because renewal and changes and blah blah whatever makes Korra look like she isn't a screw-up throwing punches at the wall to the see what sticks.

>The knowledge of thousands upon thousands of years is gone. Because one girl was a big moron.

Wew lad. Korra was a terrible avatar.

>told her that was a good thing because renewal and changes and blah blah
God, I hated that.

I can understand that he wanted to cheer her up since that was a fuck-up of astronomical proportions, but trying to make it out to be a good thing was retarded.

/trash/, where it belongs

So? She had to deal with something none of the previous avatars had to deal with.

that's why her story is told on cartoon. you guys are dense. you just want more of the same

Transformers Beast Wars
Gargoyles

I'd be here all day if I wanted to list ALL cartoons better than Korra.

She went with her intuition

you don't know what that is. i wouldve done the same.

>she is still the avatar.
That makes it so much worse to know someone so incompetent is running around without anyone to actually keep her in check.

No. We wanted her to be hold accountable for the bullshit she did. We wanted her to fight and win using everything she had. We wanted her to learn a lesson and get the damn thing to stick in her mind for more than a season.

Changing the Status Quo can be done right or hilariously wrong. And Korra did it terrible.

Korra was a failure.

And you would have fucked up and been known as the worst avatar to date. That's the biggest issue. Aang was what 12? He was more mature then she was as he grew into the avatar.

Hell, her uncle was the most obvious villain i seen in my life and she still was used by him. Holy Crap, Season 2 was so fucking predictable and moronic.

>her intuition
It's obviously isn't flawless and she needs to know that, instead of just getting patted on the back and told she did a great job.

>muh incompentcy

you guys are too dense. She acquired Airbending LAST. don't you get it?
she is not a wise one. but that's how it's supposed to go. she sill become wiser with age. And she was a prefect fit for what happened.
Aang grew up an airbender. he was already spiritual and wise.

whatever. i'm losing my time

>she is not a wise one

No shit Sherlock

You write like a 12-year-old but you're trying to make a "KIDS THESE DAYS" argument.

You think people need "super edgy" shows even though every popular cartoon right now is characterized by an attempt at being twee, nostalgic, safe, and endearing all at once.

And you're probably doing some other annoying thing that I need to make my list fit the comedic rule of threes.

I can't make sense of your post at all.

>And she was a prefect fit for what happened.

Considering all the stuff that happened. No, she was not.

No the bit is that she doesn't understand how fucked up everything was. Literally it's like "I'm going to put my macaroni art next to picasso and mona lisa" and then your somehow burn down the entire art exhibit except yours. But you go about it like you're fine. Of course everyone is going to be pissed as fuck and that kid is going to go "It's alright, you know maybe we need new paintings" But even he knows how astronomically you fucked up

>Three of four seasons are good
You like the victory being handed to the avatar and giant robots out of nowhere. Opinion discarded.

Considering this is Sup Forums. It's maybe a kid trying to defend it's favorite toon or just bait.

And Sup Forums is hilariously easy to b8.

>And the fact that Korra has to be the first Avatar without connection with the past Avatar lives
you mean how her retardation got the past lives destroyed?

>she sill become wiser with age
That DOESN'T excuse any of the guilt and stupidity.
You can go "I learned something today" even if it was just shitting the bed. That doesn't people are not going to be mad at you for shitting the bed.

not my first language you will get over it.

>Considering all the stuff that happened. No, she was not.

see how dense you are. the fucking Avatar is not random. THE A VA TAR. obviously she was the perfect fit. you are stupid.

So what? the is a Library in the spiritual world.

people who hold grudges are not spititual. Why would Tenzin be mad at her? are you nuts?
>

Damn straight it's easy to bait, we actually like the material and the universe.
That's the specific reason why alot of us can hate Korra for being in the thing we like.

It's like Tim being in Batman Beyond and all the Terryfags getting mad. Which in itself is god damn priceless.

Everything was given to Korra on a silver platter. She did not grow as a person, nobody except Mako did.

The story was so poorly done.

>dense

That word again. I doubt you know how to use it correctly.

>Why would Tenzin be mad at her? are you nuts?
What? We're talking about accountability user. Not taking it makes people mad because it makes the person at fault look like a stupid idiot. That person shouldn't get rewarded. They should be punished appropriately.

>She did not grow as a person

we did not watch the same show. maybe you wanted her to become more like Aang like all the nostalgia-ridden anons crawling on Sup Forums

Not him but, No we all watched the same damn show where for 2 seasons she did not make up for ANY of her mistakes and continued to act stupidly causing the damn near destruction of everything.

>they should be punished appropriately.

because they did not handle a once in 10000 years event. I hope you won't have kids

you are stupid tho. i know you understood my point.

>for 2 seasons

so she did grow or not?

i don't understand. make up your mind

A new Avatar should have to deal with all the stupid decisions that Korra made. Letting spirits that conquer cities and possessed humans turning them into body horror abominations. Air benders that irresponsibly use their power for their own good. Mysteries that only the past lives of the Avatar could help to solve, gone because Korra fucked up.
The Republic City "President" being just a puppet of the other nations and another sprowth of "Amon was right" everywhere (hell, Kya and Tenzin kinda proved Amon's point by acting like they are superior to his brother).

It would be hilarious.

And... now that i remember. Bumi... Bumi becoming an airbender was fucking ridiculous.

>you are stupid tho. i know you understood my point.

And there we go again not a single argument to give strength to your point. Your debating skills are truly amazing.

>she will become wiser with age
She took her sweet fucking time, though.

By the beginning of season 4 she was as insecure, doubtful, and outwarrdly bullheaded as ever.

Her strong points were her bravery and willingness to tackle things head on, but she lacked the wisdom to choose her fights carefully and to see the heart of just about any issue.
And she kept these shortcomings for a long fucking time.

The scene were she confronts the locked up Zaheer was particularly dumb. She proved the exact opposite and was somehow completely oblivious to this blatantly obvious fact, and only came across as a stupidly stubborn child.

>Why would Tenzin be mad at her?
Killing his dad's soul isn't enough?

No she absolutely deserved the scorn she got for being a complete fuck up and you should feel bad for liking such a shit character.

Well, at least the comics are still going to be released. Might actually change Korra from a very stupid girl to a slightly less stupid girl.

I fucking loved it

You guys really don't get it.
It's called renewal. It's called freshness. not even baiting. Korra learns by making mistakes. What is a better way to learn than being forced to use your own intelligence?

I bet she will become one of the best Avatar with age.

But you all want to compare her with Aang.

How can the Avatar not be a perfect fit for the time being? explain that to me. So the process of chosing failed somehow? or maybe you are stupid.

i choose the second answer

when did that happen

nope

>Might actually change Korra from a very stupid girl to a slightly less stupid girl.
I'll check Sup Forums for updates but otherwise fuck her.

His Dad soul is not gone stupid. Only the connection.

no she didnt

Shut the fuck up about that nonsense already. Making a handful of mistakes doesn't suddenly make protagonist legally retarded

>when did that happen
THIS NIGGA.

thanks bro.

alright kiss my ass and go to sleep

on the internet everybody is a PHD with no flaws at all, you should know that

yea when tell me

>Making a handful of mistakes doesn't suddenly make protagonist legally retarded
When the handful of mistakes is akin to setting fire to Wan Shi Tong's Library in its entirety? Yes it does matter and validates the handicap placard she should get.

>alright kiss my ass and go to sleep
No fuck you I'm going to keep saying it, She's garbage and belongs in an incinerator.

>renewal
>freshness

By destroying the past you don't give birth to the future. The Souls of the Avatar were the connections that bonded the past and the present, the knowledge that every single oriental philosophy recognize as an integral part of the Darma and Karma and how this affects the reincarnation cycles. By destroying the past you give birth to ignorance. Quite appropriate for Korra actually.

The problem isn't so much her making mistakes as it is her making mistakes and never improving her attitude after figuring out that she fucked something up.

There were only 2 books on Netflix.
Were the all written like they were going to be the last ones?
It doesn't seem like it can handle any more "grand finales" that try to be more grand than the ones before it.

Did you not watch the 4th season?

Go actually suffer through season 2 since I now know you never watched it if that entire scene suddenly "escaped" your mind.

>How can the Avatar not be a perfect fit for the time being? explain that to me

If i placed you in the middle of an octagon and told you to fight Nate Diaz. Would you be able to do it with the knowledge you have at the moment?

Or even the Third season? There are plenty of moments where Korra learns from her mistakes, shit the second half of season 2 was made up of her making up for being so unreasonable to start with.

>The ending

Wew lad! Hoped she actually changed during the season, a bit like Aang did. But i guess that having only two writers crippled the show.

so nothing ok

Pretty much.

Unlike ATLA, the writers or whoever didn't know if they were going to make another book after each one, so they're all made like potential endings for the series.

Funnily enough I remember Unalaq being the one that did that, not Korra

>If i placed you in the middle of an octagon and told you to fight Nate Diaz. Would you be able to do it with the knowledge you have at the moment?
kek, i fucking chuckled.

I think we all know what we really watched that show for.