Blade Runner 2049

>R-rated movie
>$200m budget

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
a bunch of old jews who think the bland runner name, the goose, and old Ford boy equals sales

The biggest retards on earth that's who

Arrival coasted on its good reviews to around $200 million.

If Blade Runner 2049 is good and is marketed well enough, it should pull in a decent sum. Probably around $350-400 million

Warner Brothers is the studio that has won more oscars since 2000

Disney is the big studio that has won the least oscars since 2000

oscars are a racket

Ho boy that oscar certainly makes me want to rewatch suicide squad.

and yet they still have participation award shows. really makes you think.

Deadpool.

I'm glad there are still high budget r-rated films thank you very much, fuck you

Bullshit and who gives a fuck about Oscars they're worthless

Now which has had more billion dollar movies since 2000?

Disney is an artistically dead studio and you should shill for a better company

(((Hollywood)))

arrival only made 198m and didn't have anything like a 200m budget and it was only pg13

plebs and manchildren love r-rated blockbusters. see: deadpool, logan.

>capeshit
>82530625
>box office
So the negativity came from disney shills after all, good to know

>villeneuve directing a movie with more than 1 word in the title

rreeeeeeeeeee

Neither had a budget over $100 million because studios that AREN'T FUCKING RETARDED know R-Rated movies don't make much

Hahahahaha how can anyone be so far up their own ass they defend the Oscars

Had a tiny budget by comparison.

It's all WB shills have they're movies are massive failures both financially and critically, they're bleeding money fast, and are seen as a laughingstock by literally everyone

At this point AT&T shutting them down after the buyout is a mercy

not to mention it the original is a small niche fan base.

Weird. It looks only marginally better than Dredd 3D which had a 50 mil budget give or take.

Saving this, it looks like disney shills get assmad as fuck

>oscars
Wew

Looking forward to see how many people will be in the cinema when I go watch it.
No normies know what blade runner is.

r rated movies last year only made between 50 and 110m

obviously they're only doing this as an creative project (because the artists have been lucrative in the past ), marketing opportunity or hope to cash in on wider sales impact /cult following

the latter is properly a good bet because while r rated don't normally reach 150-200 NOT ONE of them has had the cultural impact as bladerunner.

Don't be cruel. The Oscar thing is all DCucks have to cling to.

Factually correct, thank you user

London has fallen made 205.8 m
if Bladerunner2049 makes that than it will have profited after production costs but seemingly failed after marketing costs

Man, that looks so comfy....

Not to worry, most of that budget is laundered money.

BVS flopped. It's been over a year. Get over it.

>youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4
looks over dramatic as fuck, as expected

goddamn it

I dont belive this movie will have budget of 200 million $,.Thats insane amount of money for an R-rated movie.The actual budget probably is 80 to 90 million $,120 maximum.

>creative project
I think this is it. I think they want a critical darling that sweeps the oscars so they can build the career of everyone involved, which surely they had signed decade long contracts already

Yes they do, Blade runner is not an obscure film.

This flick is going to have an ultimate extended director's cut isn't it?

>slow, minimalist version of classic theme plays in order to force a sense of familiarity in viewers of the original

they need to stop this shit

>YOU'RE SPECIAL
>THIS IS YOUR STORY

Why do Americans do this?

Am I the only one that thinks it looks way too ciche sci fi and not enough noir /cyberpunk ?

I mean, I will definitely watch and will probably enjoy it, but it seems that most people nowadays doing sci fi don't care about what made cyberpunk as good as it was. It's not the robots and wacky technology, but the desolation, loneliness and darkness of a world without compassion.

Problem is, Blade Runner is cliche. It established those cliches, but that doesn't make it better now. It just doesn't look interesting or unique anymore. And let's face it, the story Blade Runner was always shit, the movie only worked on a visual level.

Yes but only after Scott finishes with his dick stroking aliens project allowing Villeneuve to make a directors cut.

>Blade Runner 2049
>R-rated movie

Sex bots confirmed?

>the story Blade Runner was always shit
>the movie only worked on a visual level.

THE FIRST BLADE RUNNER WAS A FLOP COMMERCIALLY, CRITICS DIDNT LIKE IT MUCH EITHER

NOW ITS A TOWERING GIANT OF SCIFI

I don't want them to make Blade Runner again though, the movie is looking for an aesthetic on its own, midway between sci-fi and noir more than cyberpunk, and going by the trailer they do a good job about it

Have you rewatched it lately? The story is a huge mess, it barely comes together. All it has going for it is the atmosphere and the visuals and the music. And you can't recapture that decades later, it was part of the world that's now gone.

People with artistic integrity

I noticed they seem to be going for a more geopolitical story instead of a personal one. I don't think this'll work

What was hard to follow that made the story a mess?

m8 Blade Runner's plot is terrible and a mess. Themes do not equal plot btw before you try to respond with some 2deep4u analysis.

>midway between sci-fi and noir more than cyberpunk

....midway between sci-fi and noir IS cyberpunk

>female romantic interest looks at protagonist
>"YOU'RE SPECIAL"

It's not that it's hard to follow it's just that the story is so pointless only the tears in the rain line barely saves it in the end.

This probably worries me the most. BR worked so well because it was the story of a man that just happens to occur inside a deep cyberpunk world. Sci fi works best when they don't shove the sci fi par down your throat.

Bladerunner

At the very least it'll sell decent due to name recognition

Im just gonna miss Rutger Hauers performance.

Movies need at to at least double profits to be a success, if you're spending 200 million on a project you want 200 million in profit

>there are children on Sup Forums right now that actually think this flick looks good

It'll made about $300M plus another $80M on blurays just because of how good it looks alone

Millennials need to leave.

Normies know bladerunner, but they don't know this paper-kino

I'm not impressed by the trailer desu. The LA parts are too well light, the whole scenery is too clean.

THAT DOGGO IS FUCKIN ENORMOUS

DOMESTICATING WOLVES WAS SOME BALLSY SHIT

Arrival wasn't coasting on a known brand's success.

>No normies know what blade runner is.

What kind of boonies do you live in?

It's the (((AMERICAN DREAM))), after all.

Literally everyone knows that this is the book Blade Runner is based on. Stop trying to feel special.

>everyone under 37 needs to leave

I bet you don't even qualify.

I'm 39.

Anyone who says Blade Runner (the original) is shit simply doesn't understand it properly.

>oh no we lost money
>launders tens of millions in jew gold

pretty shit book my dude

Don't forget it also has an estimated $150M advertising budget. They'll be lucky to break even.

>The LA parts are too well light, the whole scenery is too clean.
I agree. I don't get the vibe of a decadent world, it looks even cozy.

It might be just for the trailer though.

Me, for instance.
That's not Sony.
Now those guys are fucking desperate to make some money.

Times where the film was better than the source material.

People that are more interested in taking chances that going for the easy pg13 way.

Its not that you cant make a good pg13 film, or that all R rated movies are good. Its a statement on how the artistic vision of the film is placed before the marketing and pure profits.

Free countries dont have R ratings, N words, SJW's and PC.

It's because Ridley Scott and other directors really want to make R rated films and are using the success of Logan and Deadpool to prove they can do it.

This board is so overrun, it's sick.

Which is the best cut of the original? Dricetors or Final? Is there much of a difference.

Fuck, I can't bring my wife's son if it's R

FYI, it's being funded by Warner Bros and Sony.

Warner Bros just has US rights though

Final. Don't bother with the others.

>muh Oscars
Completely irrelevant. What the studios care about is MONEY. They like to be jerked off by the academy but they would happily trade all of that masturbation for a fat pile of cash.

Every time I see Harrison Ford, his acting is real shabby
Is that the point? Is he supposed to look like he doesn't know why he is there all the time?

Thank you

Or the guy is a manlet

Final cut > director's cut > international theatrical cut > US theatrical cut

I haven't seen the workprint cut.

The trailer looks worse than ghost in the shell.

No it doesn't.

He just doesn't give a shit anymore. Not like he put in a huge amount of effort in the first place. He was never a great actor.

I don't know, have you checked their revenue figures recently?

That's the dumbest thing I've heard. As long as you are making marginally more than what the production cost you are being succesful

Yeah it does.
Looks boring and lifeless. Gits looked way more like a updated bladerunner than this pile of garbage.

It's the Chinese

Hollywood doesn't make money off of Americans since they are poor now and instead used dumbed down English and face culture to appeal to slants eyed retards who are seeing movies for the first time

If you're a shut in, pay for the ticket online and then pirate it later.

DONT LET IT FAIL GOYS