Apocalypse Now vidya

youtube.com/watch?v=bBIF3CKa91I&feature=share
How does this make you feel?

who let this happen

while playing rs2 this weekend i'll try forget that this exists

>it ain't me didn't start to play

Doomed to fail from the start.

Sorry, have to say it, jesus christ those graphics. Looking like a mission in Time Splitters Future Perfect.

This honestly would have been better as a Talltale Game.

well that looks shit

>graphics like 90s FMV
>making an exact copy of the film events
So much ignorance holding this shit pile up.

It's set to release in 2020 or something. The graphics are still in their earliest stages. I find it weird that they chose to launch a trailer tho.

Lol why bother when the definitive vidya Apocalypse Now already exists.

there already is one and it was pretty good, aside from the generic as fuck gameplay.

Is this the same game that had a failed kickstarter? I suspect most of the game is going to be boring turret sections where you stand still while enemies pop up. Don't think this is going to work well as a game while being faithful to the film.

>“Forty years ago, I set out to make a personal art picture that could hopefully influence generations of viewers for years to come. Today, I’m joined by new daredevils, a team who want to make an interactive version of Apocalypse Now, where you are Captain Benjamin Willard amidst the harsh backdrop of the Vietnam War. I’ve been watching videogames grow into a meaningful way to tell stories, and I’m excited to explore the possibilities for Apocalypse Now for a new platform and a new generation,” said Francis Coppola via official announcement.

He's still alive?
Christ

the gameplay is pretty good

they actually claim to be inspired by fallout new vegas and want to make it a rather open experience.

which sounds good because thats the only way to do a game like that. Give the player the basic premise (kill Kurtz) and let him figure out how to get there.

Could work but these guys seem to be very inexperienced and a movie license is always a red flag as well.

Looks like a PS2 game, is this a joke. I'd be pissed if I were an investor in this shit

this

An Apocalypse Now telltale wold be awesome.

Your choices would be brutal. Hard. And often times would have no "right" answer.

Their kickstarter failed, they're desperate now.

Couldn't take a hint.

its generic cover shooter no 2355 except you can tell your squadmates to kill specific enemies.

Which kinda works given the game is pretty meta about the whole thing.

Its sorta like the movie Funny Games in that regard.

Spec Ops' cancerous fanbase made this game so fucking disappointing.

I didn't know after so many flops in a row that Telltale could still afford shills.

Ah yes, yet another "Press A to proceed with this $40 7 hour cutscene" from Telltale, I can hardly contain my excitement.

Wew lad who thought it would be a good idea to draw this?

fanboys.

Doesnt change that the game is a pretty good experience though, albeit a lousy game.