Just finished watching this. What a complete and utter steaming piece of shit...

Just finished watching this. What a complete and utter steaming piece of shit. Whoever approved the script for this should be fucking blacklisted from ever working in the entertainment industry again.
>He never questions where he gets the power from or why
>He's still obsessed with the girl downstairs when he could have literally any woman in the world. Or any fictional woman made real.
>At no point is there any sense of meta-awareness
>The entire story is completely arbitrary because at any point he could just turn back time to when he first received the power
>No exploration whatsoever of darker themes like a murder spree
>Literally no larger sense of creativity with temporal paradoxes or existential questioning
It's just a beta-male gets the girl and learns about himself with a talking dog movie.
Why do people still advocate Simon Pegg films?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CPgGj1Vwz_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Why do people still advocate Simon Pegg films?
same reason people advocate Adam Sandler movies

Post the dog webm.

>Why do people still advocate Simon Pegg films?
Simon Pegg wasn't the problem with this film. The problem is that it was written and directed by Terry Jones, an elderly man who hadn't made a film in twenty years and was diagnosed with dementia shortly afterwards. That this was (almost certainly) his final project as well as that of Robin Williams is depressing but I don't think it's worth blaming anyone involved too harshly.

>who hadn't made a film in twenty years and was diagnosed with dementia shortly afterwards
Then why the fuck was he chosen?

>Post the dog webm.

Shitty atheist version of Bruce Almighty

Bruce Almighty was shit as well

Is this Monty Python?

>final Monty Python and Robin Williams movie
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY WHAT A FUCK UP

Also, about 15 years ago I read a story in one of the European Donald Duck magazines that was exactly the same, beat for beat.

Nothing wrong with Pegg, Star Trek: Beyond was fantastic.

wtf their tongues touch

last Mission Impossible also did justice to the series (after like 5 movies that completely ignored their source material)

don't hate on Pegg

yum

Most of the movies Simon Pegg has been in have been shit. Why are you surprised that a Simon Pegg movie is shit? Maybe you only saw a couple of his films before that, enjoyed them, and didn't realize that the majority of things he appears in are, in fact, shit

I have his book, Nerd Like Me, but I never read it because I don't want to dislike him at all.

Does anyone know where this is from?

She has no ass.

This was apparently some passion project he'd wanted to do for 20 years. Yet it came off like a direct to TV movie with a script written over a 20 hour period.

I agree with OP. Also thought it was shit they never gave a single reason for him to be infatuated with his neighbor other than "it's kate bekinsale".

I think the opening song was the best thing about it.

Chelsea Lately show.
youtube.com/watch?v=CPgGj1Vwz_k

thankerino

who cares

Is he in anything worth seeing besides Cornetto trilogy, spaced, paul and run fatboy run? Not counting minor appearances like in black books or band of brothers.

>Paul
>worth watching

It was more of a way of stopping people from mentioning it because I want other suggestions. And it's fine if you like Simon Pegg & Nick Frost and want more from them.

Have any recommendations?

There's an Australian black comedy movie called kill me three times. Whether you like it or not will depend on whether you like Australian humour.

Watch the fantastic fear of everything.

The script was old enough that Douglass Adams could read it.

There is so much sadness wrapped in this film I will never ever watch it. Fuck that. Brutal.