>"How did they get away with this?!"
>"See? Cartoons aren't just kids' stuff!"

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/The-Daffy-Duck-Show/Episode-086-Boston-Quackie?id=30186
youtube.com/watch?v=R7Jl6zus85k
youtube.com/watch?v=1xmAC9Qu908
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cartoons un cartoon network are for kids

People are insecure as fuck who are desperate to try and validate their children's cartoons. If you like a cartoon, just own up and like it, you don't need to justify it unless you're afraid of being judged about it.

This goes for anyone who tries to "justify" watching Adventure Time, old Powerpuff Girls, Steven Universe, My Little Pony, Gravity Falls, Avatar, Disney-Pixar films, How to Train Your Dragon, and fucking whatever. You'll seem more confident if you just admit to liking shit because who cares if someone laughs, laugh aggressively in their face back, idiot.

People on the internet normally overreact to this kind of stuff. But I thought the "finger Prince" joke on Animaniacs was surprisingly raunchy. It legitimately surprised me.

>HOW DID THEY GET THIS PASS THE CENSORS?!!

The most annoying one.

>it wasn't hard to get bruce's dna. He left it all over town.

That is a legit question half the time.

2011 was one bloody heck of a year.

>LOL THE CREATORS MUST HAVE BEEN ON DRUGS WHEN THEY MADE THIS XD

I've never seen an instance where it was.

>Woah, they said "pissed"?!
>Woah, a character died offscreen?!
>Woah, a skeleton?!

I just thought that meant he bled a lot

Vulgar language is the only time I'm surprised. Like when I heard "hell" in Ratatoullie and Cloudy Meatballs, because those are almost always censored. But those were feature films, I don't think I've ever heard hell in a TV cartoon in decades (Or possibly ever). You could almost count all the instances of a cartoon saying a curse word on one hand. I only vaguely remember Ren & Stimpy getting away with saying "crap".

What, did he think she ment Bruce spent all his time as Batman jerking it all over Gotham?

Think dirty. Implication that bats loved to have fun with the ladies all over town.

Oh, and Helga said "crap" a couple of times, too.

This is the most annoying out of them all. Some people have a tiny bit of creativeness and makes some silly jokes, and then everybody thinks they must have been drink while high, and on all the other shit at the same time.

>that one scene where Amethyst turns into Rose

Seriously, how did they get away with that?

ya that was my first thought. the innuendo doesn't really work because Bruce was basically a sexless robot in the dcau

I remember two: The dad saying "Damn it!" in Cow & Chicken, and Kitty telling Pietro "You're going to Hell!" in Wolverine & The X-Men.

The Iron Giant and Cars also had Hell.

It's shockingly cruel but there's no actual adult content.

It's not based on sex, or violence, so it gets a pass. No one cares if it could psychologically scar a character unless it's them seeing tits and dicks, or them getting physically hurt.

Movies tend to get a lot more leeway, hence the half second of bart's dick in The Simpsons Movie

This is by far the worst one to me honestly.

I don't know...It would certainly explain billy and mandy.

Same. DCAU Bats didn't do the playboy thing.

>this nigga didn't grow up with 4kids and others censoring guns and any mention of death from cartoons
>motherfucking guns
>for an American broadcast
shit was insultingly condescending.

Stop. You're doing it.

Billy and Mandy didn't have anything that a normal writer wouldn't have been able to come up with with a clear head.

I thought she meant he "marked" his territory all over town lol.

Raping joker ain't easy,you know.

Sup Forums can be pretty guilty of that sometimes

Why do movies get so much more leeway

TV is for schmucks, while movies are for truly sophisticated people.

>99% of a show of a show is completely for kids in every way possible
>makes one adult joke
>WHOA THIS IS FOR ADULTS TOO!!

>Has the most immature humor
>Gets called an "adult" cartoon

Basically what happened with mlp

worse cherry picking I've seen in awhile.
Most of Bruce Timm's shit is way heavier.

I'm surprised there wasent a flood of that after the suicide attempt.
I love me some pastel horses but it's very much a children's program

The DCAU have a lot of heavy shit, but nothing is remotely close to a young child offing them self, because their mother kept telling her she was better of not existing.

Remember the good ol days?
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/The-Daffy-Duck-Show/Episode-086-Boston-Quackie?id=30186

I actually forgot that that was a part of DCAU. Still not as bad in my opinion. And besides, that's a movie so it's not really the same. See Though of cause I have no idea if the anime used is from a movie or not.

When Adventure Time was super popular this was annoying as shit.

>literally fucking anything in the show happens
>OMIGOSH HOW IS THIS A KIDS SHOW IT'S SO DEEP WHAT THE FRICK

>Daffy straight up murders a guy
Holy shit it's so abrupt.

FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FAGGOT, KIDS ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO HANDLE THIS. KIDS ENJOYED THIS SHIT YOU RETARD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The guy who made these can't possibly be this stupid, right?

>one instance of poorly drawn fanservice
>people start jizzing themselves

>2011 was one bloody heck of a year.
Tell me about it. That entire year was a primary example of this board's immaturity.

can you please commit sudoku?

>MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED!

I assure you, he's probably very stupid.

>action show
>protagonists use lethal force
>"Wow, this show is dark!"

It's almost like it's a completely different culture and everyone looks at them like they're a bunch of weirdos. Oh wait.

Post the Korra swimsuits one.

Why can Sup Forums not accept that anime can get away with a lot more? It's not like that means cartoons are for shit or something, people just view them as being for children so they can't get near some of the shit anime does.

Oh sure anime shows violence and they're weirdos but if someone in England complains about Watership Down you'll go "Oh they're just being pansies, KIDS THESE DAYS NEED TO SEE THIS".

You can't have it both ways.

Well, titties that big need to be squeezed.

kek
when it comes from one extreme in a country to another countries extreme you do have it both ways. Because the limitation for another country is not the same standard for every country. For instance, their age of consent is 13.
To some countries that's pretty fucked up.

Nostalgia I guess.

What's incorrect about those images?

The huge cultural differences is the entire point of the images.

I think everyone here accepts anime can get away with a lot more. America and western culture in particular is much more prude and conservative when it comes to sexuality and violence.

FMA goes above and beyond that.

Ah, the more innocent shows are even worse.

>who cares if someone laughs, laugh aggressively in their face back, idiot.
"oh my god do you watch children cartoons? That- that's pretty fucking funny dude."
"HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!"
"Pffft oh god what the fuck was that? Are you okay? Jesus Christ this guy is a fucking riot! Are you autistic?"

>I think everyone here accepts anime can get away with a lot more.

Japanese creators are generally just given more creative independence because they have a much bigger market with many niches to exploit.

In America there's like 3 demographics for cartoons:

>Little babies exclusively
>young kids
>males: 18-35

The bottom two sometimes blend together too. You have to hit it off with one of those demos or your shit gets canceled.

I do drugs but can confirm this in incredibly annoying.

>when it comes from one extreme in a country to another countries extreme you do have it both ways
When it's violence it's the same extreme.

It's more than just demographics, Japanese society in general is more open to things that would be considered weird or offensive in the west, just watch some Japanese shows or video games

youtube.com/watch?v=R7Jl6zus85k

This kind of things would never fly over here. Even if cartoons dealt with the same demographics as anime it wouldn't be the same.

>wow, I can't believe this was in a KID'S show!
>but muh anime has much better examples!

Do you think the shows listed were for kids, dense anime chan?

Physically yes, But not when it comes to different mediums geared towards generally different audiences.

Watership Down is made and shown as a kid's movie and has more violence than One Piece.

That's true, though I'm not sure what's the issue with it since people didn't start saying anything until maybe the 2000s when the internet got real popular.

Bleach, One Piece, Zatch Bell, and Fairy Tail are all for kids, yes.

True enough, though the emotions are more important than sensors.
I wouldn't call this adult, just needlessly cruel in a way where I don't get the point of it. I assume to feel bad for the child, but the instant sudoku seems more humorous than sad.
Wow, almost like they're bigger perverts than we are. Is bleach even supposed to be a kids show?
Again, perversion. This seems to be played out as humor/fanservice/both, when LoK is playing it as just romantic.

>instant sudoku
Well it's just 4 screenshots so it's hard to convey the full context and time frame of events.

People said things, you just weren't personally aware of them because you get all your information off the internet.

This.
Even if they are kids shows, a difference in what cultures think kids should see doesn't make one or the other superior, and shooting American shows down because the animes did it "better" is silly
>Wow, I can't believe this toy doll comes with a machete
>fufufufu, that's nothing, in Japan they come with Katanas and grenades!

>Even if they are kids shows
They are. Not sure why anyone is even questioning that.

Because even getting past the mental barrier of differences in censorship, they don't seem like shows that are made for kids. I'm sure kids watch them, but they don't strike me as the target demographic.

They air during children slots and their manga are all published in magazines who's children are the main target demographic.

They're not too different from AtLA in terms of marketing and sales. One Piece being the exception of course.

Legitimately the only instance in which I seriously wondered how the hell it slipped past.

youtube.com/watch?v=1xmAC9Qu908

I was impressed that a little girls' show with a shoestring budget tackled racism this hard.

That show can be fucking deep sometimes. I never though I'd cry to a girl's show like I did when I watched this episode.

I thought those images were shitting on Sup Forums more than the cartoons themselves

It's really funny because every fucker I've known who does drug does not become more creative.

They THINK they're more creative. But they aren't.

Validation. People need to show everyone else that they aren't watching something made for a different age group.

If you like something and it isn't hurting anyone else, then enjoy it. I like Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Sentai, and my friends always gave me shit for it, but that never stopped me from enjoying it. Everyone likes something that someone else doesn't.

Man, I kinda wish 4kids never went bankrupt, just so we can see how they handle this scene.

it ignores that the target audiences are different and that censorship is quite different in Japan compared to the west

>Why do movies get so much more leeway

Movies usually make some effort not only to entertain the kids, but also the parents that are bringing the kids to see it. Make it semi enjoyable for them and they'll suggest other parents take their kids. If it's a complete chore to sit through, then they'll suggest to other parents that they take their kids to see something else. Execs want that positive word of mouth, but are a little more wary of outright adult oriented animation, which they don't think has as large an audience.

TV, on the other hand, is more likely to be watched by unsupervised youth. It doesn't need to appeal to adults. In fact, it doesn't really need to because jokes that go over the kids' heads are pretty much useless. The less childish stuff you see are the remaining shreds of dignity and love for animation that the folks making it were able to get past execs who are more interested in squeezing more money out of advertisers than anything else.

But TV animation for adults has really grown since the Simpsons, and now you don't need to twist an exec's arm nearly as much when trying to pitch an adult oriented animated comedy, even in a proposed prime time spot. Action/drama/romance/etc? Still risky.

Ignores how?

Must druggies do it because they lack creativity in the first place. They're the "dude weed lmao" kind of people.

>The dad saying "Damn it!" in Cow & Chicken
actually he said "Divot" but the censors and viewers misheard it so it was censored on reruns

Growing Pains
Out of the Past

kill yourself

It's so subtle it isn't even funny. The joke is there, but it's not delivered in a way where I could imagine someone actually laughing at it, even when they get the joke.

>Again, perversion. This seems to be played out as humor/fanservice/both, when LoK is playing it as just romantic.
Yeah, anime has never had romantic yuri before. It's unheard of!