What's the furthest an actor or actress went for a role?

What's the furthest an actor or actress went for a role?

nobody will ever beat pic related

also kill yourself for this stupid post

>nobody will ever beat pic related

What did he do?

What about pic related

Peter Dinklage shortened his limbs for the role of Tyrion.

>Not Christian Bale

Oh wow DDL walked around with a prop rifle during the entire production of The Last of the Mohicans? Such sacrifice. So method.

Bale looked so aidsy and skinny in Dark Knight Rises... no way I believe he weighed 90kg.

Martin Lawrence almost died preparing for Big Mommas House

Can someone translate this to The American Freedom measurements?

Vic Morrow for The Twilight Zone.

This madman sent used condoms to his co-stars. Hehehahihahoha.

Think about it.

Heath Ledger literally died during the production of Brokeback Mountain with a wristwatch up his ass

Heath Ledger died for playing the Joker, beat that

Cuba Gooding Jr. murdered his career in order to play Dr. Theodore "Ted" Brooks in Snow Dogs.

Divide all yuropoor numbers by .45

Gangs of New York : For playing Bill the Butcher, he flew a butcher from Peckham, South London to America to instruct him in carving up carcasses. He also hired circus performers to teach him to throw knives, and he came down with pneumonia during shooting because he refused to change his threadbare woollen coat for a warmer one on the grounds that as a poor 19th century New Yorker, he wouldn’t have owned a thick coat.
His preparation for the role was so intense that other actors were reportedly scared of him around the set.

His excessive preparation & immersion in the skin of his character irked Liam Nesson when DDL insisted on being addressed by his character's name when they met at the gym of their hotel.

There Will Be Blood : For playing Daniel Plainview, he refused to talk to his costars off the set & insisted on living in a tent in deserted Texas oilfield even after the shooting for the day was over.

In his fight scene with Paul Dano in a bowing alley, he actually pounded Paul with bowling balls.

Also there are rumours that one co-star quit the movie after branding DDL "crazy & intimidating".

The Ballad of Jack & Rose (2005) : For playing the part of a reclusive hippie, he built his own shack on the beach of a remote Canadian island, where he would spend the night after shooting had finished, while his own family was staying at a nearby hotel.

In the Name of the Father : To prepare for his part as the wrongly convicted alleged IRA bomber Gerry Conlon in the film about the Guildford Four, he spent three days subsisting on meagre prison rations and staying in a freezing cold cell. Those passing by on the set were instructed to abuse him and throw cold water on him.

Sevigny in The Brown Bunny?

Any method actors/actresses

All I gathered from this is that Liam Neeson is a huge faggot.

Did he ever try... acting?

there are more stories about DDL's autism

can't post them all

>doesn't wear makeup

SO BRAVE

Ah, thanks.

You cant beat that. Charlize is not only a great actress she is a great human being

Aside from Oscar winning performance in Monster, she had sex with multiple black men offscreen (sometimes 2 at a time) and adopted an African child to make up for the atrocities of South African apartheid state.

>In his fight scene with Paul Dano in a bowing alley, he actually pounded Paul with bowling balls.

Classic

its just all so.. unnecessary

>A showbiz story involves his collaboration with Laurence Olivier on the 1976 film Marathon Man. Upon being asked by his co-star how a previous scene had gone, one in which Hoffmann’s character had supposedly stayed up for three days, Hoffmann admitted that he too had not slept for 72 hours to achieve emotional verisimilitude. “My dear boy,” replied Olivier smoothly, “why don’t you just try acting?” (Hoffman subsequently attributed his insomnia to excessive partying rather than artistry).

>its just all so.. unnecessary

well he won 3 oscars for best actor ... i guess its working for him

Literally based

So basically he's really rich and can afford to go off and learn how to cobble shoes and shit?

didnt he move to italy once for 6 months and became some poor meme apprentice somewhere somehow

read something like that before

Thank you based Mr Olivier

This reminds me of this exchange Laurence Olivier is supposed to have had with Dustin Hoffman while making Marathon Man.

>Dustin Hoffman has long been known as one of method acting’s most earnest exponents. A showbiz story involves his collaboration with Laurence Olivier on the 1976 film Marathon Man. Upon being asked by his co-star how a previous scene had gone, one in which Hoffmann’s character had supposedly stayed up for three days, Hoffmann admitted that he too had not slept for 72 hours to achieve emotional verisimilitude. “My dear boy,” replied Olivier smoothly, “why don’t you just try acting?”

Yeah, but he was able to do that knowing he could go back to his millions at any point

De Niro has done some interesting stuff to prepare for various roles

>Became an actual cab driver for a while to prepare for Taxi Driver
>Gained 60 lbs for Raging Bull
>Got a dentist to fuck up his teeth at a dentist and dropped down to 4% body fat for Cape Fear
>Went homeless for a little while for Being Flynn
>Lived in Sicily for four months for the Godfather Part II

Daniel Day Lewis also browsed Sup Forums for an entire month to prepare for My Left Foot.

RDJ in Tropic Thunder

not an argument

time is more valuable than money

>4% Body Fat

literally impossible without DNP

>masturbated furiously to prepare for Bad Grandpa

Michael Jordan learnt how to Play basketball at pro level for Space Jam

why are there so many variations of hoffmann and olivier if you look it up and no actual quote, just hear say? weird story

the whole cast minus that white guy, he sucked, even in cartoon form

Anyone who had to suck his sweaty balls.

It's one of those memes before memes. Like Gere or Rod Stewart with the gerbil.

Rod Stewart sucked off a whole ships worth of sailors not a rodent up his anus.

Oh that's right, how could I forget that night. Wew.

>Muh weight loss

He still plays the same shitty character in every film

>time is more valuable than money

Sure thing, Daniel

Quality post ser Lawrence

Christian Bale for the Machinst

>no pic of him as fatso

He's batman, not fatman?

not that, american hustle.

Those stunt doubles who practise a lifetime to kill themselves for minimum wage without ever being recognised on screen.

>he was some retard in a movie once
>didn't stop acting retarded when the camera's stopped
>some poor assistants had to carry him around
what a retard

Were there any actors that went extremely far with their roles only for the movie to be absolute dogshit?

if you wanna call 50 cent an actor, matt damon was fat in a movie which went nowhere iirc and some others, I guess.

He becam a pirate in real life

well

Jared Leto gained 60 pounds and ended up with gout to do some shitty John Lennon movie and all the critics laughed at him and the movie tanked

Looks like a random alcoholic with hairplugs. The only indication that he is someone of importance is that he has a hot broad with him

He's right you know

>ywn cum on her head

Was about to say this

This, not even sure why the thread needs to continue at this point.

Unfortunately it didn't knock his confidence in himself as a "serious actor" and for some reason he's still being cast.

Heath Ledger for the Joker

probably that chick who did a real blowjob and torpedoed any potential career for it

I remember reading about when Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins worked together, Baldwin would do stuff like constantly staying in character and getting sick by sleeping outside. Eventually, Hopkins asked him, "Have you ever considered, you know, acting?"

But then he did the opposite in Dallas buyers club and people liked that

I remember when ice cube and tracey morgon were working together

Upon being asked by his co-star how a previous scene had gone, one in which cubes’s character had supposedly stayed up for three days, mr. cube admitted that he too had not slept for 72 hours to achieve emotional verisimilitude. “My dear boy,” replied morgan smoothly, “why don’t you just try acting?”

cara is CUTE

go back to pol you fucking bitch, you lost,we won

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

>Also there are rumours that one co-star quit the movie after branding DDL "crazy & intimidating".

I know someone who worked on the film. The co-star was actually fired because he wasn't working at all in the role. They had to reshoot the entire film with Dano.

>Bale post
>not a single dubs

>Bale post
>not a single trips

bill murray was the worst part of space jam though

they disabled repeating digits on Sup Forums.

fuck she is ugly

top kek

Sometimes, dubs are better

Plus American Hustle where he was a pudgy cunt

Heat Legend literally died for his roll.

>>Lived in Sicily for four months for the Godfather Part II
woah such sacrifice

A true national hero

He won awards but other actors who do much worse than him also win awards and get paid a lot more money to do so. He seems like he's autistic with "m-muh method acting" and the circle jerk is kinda stupid. There have been a hell of a lot better roles played by people who literally act the part instead of immersing themselves into the life of what they think might have happened 90 years ago

Thank you *bows and tips fedora*

Had sex with men.
You call that difficult?

Jeremy Brett.
This is the only correct answer.

ayy

Three months apparently he didn't break character. Including using the wheelchair, being fed and generally spazzing out. I'd love to know if he had someone lift him on and off the toilet. Kek.

I hear one time, Wesley Snipes actually got to set on time.

50 cent did this.

Jared Leno fucked a cat

I think someone actually kissed Lena Dunham.

>Gangs of New York : For playing Bill the Butcher, he flew a butcher from Peckham, South London to America to instruct him in carving up carcasses.

Why would he fly a butcher to America when the film was shot in Italy?