Vision is the most powerful A.I in existence with the mind gem with high technopathic skills

>Vision is the most powerful A.I in existence with the mind gem with high technopathic skills

>Thors hammer is hyper advanced technology, vision was able to "hack" it

So why does Thor use the elevator analogy instead of telling them this?

Because Vision isn't a technopath.

>hyper advanced technology, vision was able to "hack" it
I hate you

It's ok, they can't use this "magic is technology" bullshit with doctor strange.

They didn't use "magic is technology" bullshit in Thor either. Just a handful of impressively retarded autists misinterpreting a line from Thor 1 then meme-ing it all to hell.

You've got a lot of faith, buddy-boy.

This. It's already been confirmed that Marlel is too scared to use magic unlike based DC making it the basis behind their upcoming blockbuster smash hit that everyone is raving about: Suicide Squad. Feigay has already said that there won't be any magic in Dr. Strange and he's just a scientist that uses super-technology and "quantum memechanics"

Face it, Marvel is finished.

They did
>WE ARE NOT GODS

>Make a film about The Sorcerer Supreme
>No magic

Why do normies suck so much dick?

Did they say
>WE ARE TECHNOLOGY
Or are you just being retarded?

Yeah, because they're just super-advanced aliens in the MCU rather than actual gods.

That doesn't mean "magic = technology." Loki used magic. Freyja used magic. Odin enchanted mjolnir with magic. It's just that they're so advanced that magic is just another field of study for them, like any other science. Just because magic is just a science to them, doesn't mean "all magic = technology you guyz!" like literal autists seem to think.

"is that a Quantum field generator"
"yes!"

Inbred. Go brag about your lukewarm levelled IQ elsewhere

The celestials are straight up tech but their power looks like magic. Where do you draw the line?

OK? So the fact that they use technology means magic doesn't exist and they don't use magic at all? It's not one or the other, you colossal retard. They use both technology and magic. The soulforge was a piece of technology. The bifrost is likely just a piece of technology. Mjolnir is a hammer with a magical enchantment. Loki uses magic. Freyja uses magic.

>this one piece of technology is technology
>therefore they don't use magic and only use tech
Why are Sup Forums autists the stupidest people on this site?

Magic is just science that hasn't been discovered. You people should have learned that in like middle school if not earlier.

I thought Vision could lift the hammer because he was worthy. He gave some long speech about how important the whole infinity gem thing is and capped off the scene by picking up Thor's hammer to show how right he was. I never got the impression he "hacked" it.

>Vision
>Worthy of anything.

How could there possibly be that kind of close-up video footage of this moment?

>Magic
>Capable of generating consistently repeatable effects through consistantly repeated causes
>somehow not a science

Magic as shown in almost all fiction is basically a science anyway. It clearly follows specific laws wirhin the universe setting.

>So why does Thor use the elevator analogy
Thor didn't make that analogy, Tony and Steve did.

Problem is that people think science = technology. Which is not true.

You can study magic as a science but it doesn't make it advanced technology.

>inb4 all boring people that want mysticism and spiritualism out of magic because they are STEM majors

That has no relevance to the magitek.

Because they cross board with Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

Well they aren't. They're the bastard offspring of Celestials.

Not even, science is a method. You could argue that magic is also a method, but just because you scientifically understand magic, doesn't make it "science" as if science is a category of manipulation.

For the purposes of layman discussion i think saying magic = science is adequate. Which is not to say that magic cannot also = art. Cooking is both, for example. It is true that both art and science are methods rather than actual things, but it is sufficient for the topic at hand.

Any force that you don't sufficiently understand is indistinguishable from magic.

Not true.

I'm still chapped he was able to lift the hammer.

It totally makes Thor irrelevant. Fuck Vision, that purple robot ugly ass fucker.

Is he any good in Civil War?

For fucks sake. They recognzied and spoke of themselves as gods repeatedly in the very same movie.
When Odin said that they weren't gods it was just Odin frustratingly yet somewhat humbly recognizing that they aren't the biggest fish in the ocean. Because they really are not.

Which is why Odin has no qualms speaking of themselves as gods in relation to the humans and Midgard.
But throw in the cosmic scale of things with the cosmic entities and or the celestials and Odin will no longer be as high and mighty. Which he wasn't.

He isn't Cap, Tony or Bucky, so he got only 3-5 scenes like everyone else, they still were nice.

science is a method
magic is a field of study
that can be approached instinctively, with pure experience without theory, or scientifically

Everything Whedon fucked up about the character in Age of Ultron is fixed on Civil War. You get a Martian Manhunter vibe from him.

When Celestials exist, Godhood doesn't mean shit.

Just watched AoU
Not a marvelbuff, so i liked him. What was bad about him?

The actual quote is "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic," with the logical extension "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from divinity."

user, if I could name a sci-fi thing that did what Doctor Strange's spells do, does that make him technogy?

Do you remember how that scene went?
>"This is a quantum field generator!"
>"No, it's a Soul Forge."
>"Does it do X?"
>"Yes."
>"Quantum field generator."

sorry no, when you're affecting the world with pure knowledge + thought it's fucking magic

Science is a systematic enterprise that, using mathematics and measurement, creates, builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable observations, explanations and predictions about the universe.

If you understand enough about magic that you can organize and study knowledge of it, then yes, it literally is a science.

Because that's just your headcanon, plus you're probably shitposting.

>Loki uses magic.
Or, you know, he uses hyper advanced technology to "hack" physics.

Not precisely that the character was inaccurate, the character's dialogue was simply loaded with a bunch of Whedon's philosophy 101 cheese and in writing him to make him look mysterious and powerful he made all about him rather artificial and stilted

It's better executed on Civil War, you'll get it when you see it in action

Quantum entanglement and other stiff that has been theorised or is fringe theory and whatnot. If you can get reliable consistent repeatable results you have right there a scientific method, regardless of how the mechanism works.

>Thor
In AoU Captain America is using the analogy, not Thor iirc

Magic.

>>Thors hammer is hyper advanced technology,
You got that "one and the same" thing backwards.
It's not "Asgardian magic is technology", it's "Asgardian technology is magic". Odin literally spoke the "if he be worthy" enchantment onto the hammer, right there on screen.

Secondly, the enchantment has always boiled down to "Is Odin okay with you lifting the hammer at this particular moment?", it's not a pre-set list of conditions you have to meet.

Third, Thor doesn't use the elevator analogy, Cap and Tony said that because they were rationalizing why Vision could lift it when they couldn't instead of accepting the possibility that he's more worthy than they are.

>uses hyper advanced technology to "hack" physics.
Heimdall is able to see Jane Foster on another planet, in another dimension, through the walls of her house.

I wonder how you'll rationalize the Doctor Strange movie...

>"Is that a steam engine?"
>"No, it's a nuclear power plant."
>"Does it use heat to boil water?"
>"Yes."
>"Steam engine."
Jane Foster was greatly overestimating her understanding in that scene.

>but user clearly odin has set mjolnir up with quantum scanning access nanoencryption that immediately scans the brainwaves of any organic being that touches the hammer and then uses quantum entanglement to resonate those brainwaves with Odin's own subconscious mind at that exact moment in time and only if the brainwaves match the subconscious criteria of Odin's mind does the quantum resonance disentangle the molecular binding of the hammer from the surface it rests upon and reverses the gravitic field to transform it from an immovable object to a flying object!

To be fair, boiling water to produce energy through mechanical movement is exactly what a steam engine is. If that is indeed how a nuclear powerplant works then it is a steam engine, just a really advanced one.

These more advanced beings (like Heimdall) just have a way to manipulate reality in the quantum physical realm. You don't have to be a physicist to throw a ball or walk upright, this stuff comes instinctively and intuitively.
Man, there's even some contemporary scientific theory that puts brain function in context with quantum physical processes, I have to look it up again.

get lost, deepak

>Is that something that makes stuff?
Quantum field theories model everything as quantum fields. A "quantum field generator" is anything that churns out anything.

It isn't even that advanced, honestly. You stick uranium rods in water to produce steam, the steam turns the blades of a turbine to produce electricity.

Most of the actual advanced tech involved is just there for safety and efficiency purposes.

because it's fagfic

No it wasn't that guy. Though I see what you were getting at with this. It was some neuroscientists.

"Nuclear power is a hell of a way to boil water"
~Albert Einstein

Honestly this is one of the most disappointing things I have ever learned. The primary heat exchange works like this:
water circulated around the reaction chamber (primary coolant) passes through tubes intertwined with tubes carrying more water (secondary coolant) which is thus superheated and is blown across a turbine in the form of high-pressure steam

That's it. We boil water and use the steam to spin a magnet inside another magnet. That's ALL we fucking do with the ability to split the atom.

However it is worth mentioning that while one might argue that a nuclear power plant could be considered a steam engine, that doesn't mean that understanding a steam engine equates to understanding a nuclear reactor. The smartest steam-engine builder of 1840 would not remotely understand nuclear fission and fusion. He might be able to replicate the heat exchange, but comprehending how and why the reaction chamber produces heat is another matter entirely.

Jane was just being a smug idiot.

What the fuck are you even on about?

>"It's..TERRIBLY well-balanced!"

>just have a way to manipulate reality in the quantum physical realm
So literally magic.

No man. physical ability. Chemo luminescence isn't magic, is it? Microwaves aren't magic, are they?

Then what about all the "Open your mind" and "i don't believe in spirits and chakras" shit from the trailer?

There's a difference between saying "We've studied this magic to the point that we have it down to a science" and "no that's not magic we're just sufficiently advanced technologically"

>ITT

Schmidt was right. There is no sorcery. Magic is just science that is more advanced than what man has yet to achieve. The words "Magic" and "Science" (in the case of Asgard) are interchangeable. Just two words that mean the same thing.

Schmidt was right!

>manipulating reality isn't magic
OK, define magic.

magic
ˈmadʒJk/Submit
noun
the power of apparently influencing events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

Magic is literally "forces we don't understand". If an alien race understands magic enough to provide consistent results and explain how it does something then it isn't magic anymore to them but can still be magic to us.

look up arthur c clark faggot

magic is technology we do not understand yet/hasn't been discovered yet.

You don't "understand" or "discover" technology. You invent it.

no...

vision was brought to life with lightning from mjolnir, he shares a portion of its power and thats how he can lift it

Why does Vision wear my grandmother's bed covers as a cape?

Everything about Vision, both the mcu and comic version is just fucking awful.
JUST FUCKING AWFUL.

Yeah, you got what I meant. No need to go full autist.

No because you seem to be mistaking science for technology. The two words are not synonymous. Physics and Chemistry aren't technologies. An engineer doesn't build math.

Byrne please go.

>Feigay has already said that there won't be any magic in Dr. Strange and he's just a scientist that uses super-technology and "quantum memechanics"

>Scientist Supreme.

Hey at least Shuma Gorath won't be making an appearance for this bullshit then. There's literally no way to make him nonmagical.

Name 5 people who like vision who aren't on marvel or disney's payroll.

Me
My sister
My friend
My colleague
Kevin Feig-FUCK

My sister, too. I think he's come to steal our women.