JSA Storytime: Captain Atom

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

our grand project is done

let us begin anew

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/728618609690415104
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HI OP

I'm preparing for tomorrow, when the masses get CWII. It's gonna be beautiful.

Just cause we loved Wildfire doesn't mean we have to read about every exploding hero

Was Captain Atom even in the JSA?

I completely forgot about CWII

I can't wait for the masses to see Shulkie take a missile to the tits

I am very curious as to what the reaction will be from comics fans not hardcore enough to haunt the sites that ran all the leaked issue, yes

Captain Atom was on a team with Black Canary at least once, and Canary was on the JSA. One degree of separation.

Don't we? Do we have a reading list for the Human Bomb?

A couple of the popular comic sites covered scanbro's storytime so I think the masses have to mostly know by now, right?

we're ecumenical in our reading habits, here

there we go!

nah, there's still a shitload of comics readers that avoid leaks and stuff

did any major sites besides BC run the spoilers?

I hope people are mad because most people who heard about the leaks weren't impressed by them

Many news sites are still treating the leak/s like it didn't happen. A lot of people I've come across legit don't know.

Hello Storyteller.

... It's weird that we're done with the Legion. But hey, Captain Atom, which I have read nothing of.

I can't wait to see all the inevitable 10/10 reviews

I know at least Outhousers had it too

We still have some odds and ends we haven't gotten to.

Shit, I can't wait for all the people to buy Civil War I not knowing they just bought a Millar comic.

I've read some of the Ditko Captain Atom and I have to say it's one of the ugliest costumes I've ever seen

Outhousers isn't a major anything.

It's a major piece of shit is what it is.

OP, have you read Thunderbolts yet?

Here's hoping for #titgate

I too can't wait for them, just to see how they justify that 10/10

Sorry, had to stick the dog

Been going MUCH better with the treat bribery involved

I have actually still not, wtf self

Yeah, the all-silver look is a great improvement.

>agreeing to have unspecified SCIENCE done to you by a guy named Dr. Megala
... Yeah, Nate. This won't go badly AT ALL.

There's a Legion/Star Trek crossover. Which still blows my mind.

Oooh that's pretty

These are the nice new digital scans; I wonder if the older ones out there have the letters in them, and if anyone's anal enough to tag the letters onto the digital scans? I love it when they do that.

I find myself preferring digital scans for older comics, but I can't put into words why.

Well, he agreed under let's just say extreme duress...

I could run Superboy's Legion as an extra.

The conversion looks really clean and accurate. Top work.

It's pretty good. There's also Superboy's Legion, Spider-Boy, and that one Gates' Supergirl annual.

>#titgate
Do I even want to know?

>I have actually still not, wtf self
Honestly, the art is not the worst I've seen, though it is pretty bad. I've heard arguments that it's an intentional 90s throwback, but I call bullshit.

It's bizarre because usually Ditko knocked it out of the park when he designed a character

Not sure how to feel in these new dark waters, unanchored by the legion.

Better than a webcomic artist in any case

War Machine killed She-Hulk in a way that wouldn't be out of place in Injustice.

Because the bright colors were made to stand out against the dull newsprint, and putting them on white makes them look garish.

Sly phrasing, 8/10.

They're cleaned up but they've kept the flat coloring, so you can really see the linework

I was working on getting ready to do some painting tomorrow, prep is essential

Recoloring old comics with gradients is a fucking awful practice.

Speaking of linework, hnnnnnng.

twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/728618609690415104

Baz is going full-Ferro and I love it.

>There's a Legion/Star Trek crossover. Which still blows my mind.
I enjoy that it exists, it was also pretty fun

I want a sequel for the GL/ST one

Pretty terrible, as expected from Van Sciver.

anyone who does it should be shot

>I've heard arguments that it's an intentional 90s throwback, but I call bullshit.
even if that's true it's still pretty ugly

Oh right, that. I was afraid this was yet more shit about nerds aping out over "DA SJWS TAKIN AWAY MAH TITTIES".

Well, Captain Atom is kinda similar to Wildfire, so consider it a transition of sorts?

WOooo, Cham

I'm glad to see the noob Lanterns looking happy, and Barry (and Wondy's nice thigh)

I am less happy that the panel is Hal introducing his replacements to the JL/Barry who he won't see again for years

This is quite the body horror

It is technically taking away titties in that it is blowing them up.

Yeah, there's nicer looking 90's art. Even Bagley, who I loathe, was less of an eyesore.

I'm really disturbed that this is the only time Cham's pulled this master stroke

No, it's a COMPLETLY different kind of silly.

now he's shiny~

Bagley could draw kids better.

I still think the Simonson Thor recolors look fine.

I feel like Jessica's doing the Volthoom thing and doing bad things to Baz from an angle we can't see.

We can only hope

OP is a faggot.

I was about to say "Reep, pls.", but Tasmia beat me to it.

It really is. Again, I've seen worse, but the fucked anatomy and crosshatching is grating on the eyes.

I think we should read some of that some time just because it's good comics

though new comics with gradients also often look like trash, makes everything look really fake and not in a good way

Also, fuck you Eiling.

I've got the Simonson Omni, but I've never read anything else, pre-Onslaught, because Thor torrents are a bitch and a half to find, because Thor's a mythological figure so it's not easy narrowing torrent searches down.

But it's even worse with old comics that were drawn with flat coloring in mind.

What the sprock did you just fucking say about OP, you little squaj? I’ll have you know OP graduated top of their class in the Legion Academy, and they've been involved in numerous rescue missions to Sector 2814, and they have over 9000 storytime threads. They are trained in shipping and they're the top user in the entire UP. You are nothing to them but just another shitposter. They will wipe you the sprock out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Oa, mark my sprocking words. You think you can get away with saying that grife to them over the Internet? Think again, squaj. As we speak they are contacting their secret network of Legionnaires across space and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. They can be anywhere, anytime, and they can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with their husbando's bare intellect. Not only are they extensively trained in random team-ups, but they have access to the entire arsenal of the Science Police and they will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little sprock. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your sprocking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re sprocking dead, kiddo.

Doesn't it also have some nice long form plotting

Eiling is a top-notch asshole

Did Ditko work on Captain Atom? Or was it just Blue Beetle?

No arguments there, Satan. Flat's a good look when you manage your palette well.

I mean, considering she drools over women and men alike, I'd say she's probably bisexual.

> Bad colorists can, and often do, overwhelm the art with poor choices. The computer age has had positive and negative impact on both coloring and lettering, and in much the same way. Too many times artists have been replaced with technicians, people with a box of toys who want to play with all of them, all the time

Does anyone else feel weird when John Byrne says something rational?

Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, and the Question. Not sure if he did other Charlton characters as well.

GODDAMMIT MEKT

Yes, very. It's like agreeing with your senile uncle.

Both

He worked on Atom both before and after working for Marvel. When he returned he gave the character a new costume and Ted Kord was introduced as aback up feature. Then Ted got his own comic and the Question became a back up in The Blue Beetle

I like Ditko's first Captain Atom design even if it isn't one of his best. The silver arms one is ugly as sin though.

Broken clock, etc. Byrne's art sensibilities are also credible, even when none of the rest are.

I think it's less "drooling" and more "artistic appreciation".

Paid reviews my friends
Either way it's still fun to laugh about it.

He can be sane every once in a while. Like when he said that the problem with adapting the Dark Phoenix Saga is that people forget that what makes the story is the slow build up to the end.

This is a fucking page, yo.

damn, this is cold

Another Ditko creation

Wow. And here I though that rhyme about The Culling was a bit much. How long did you work on that, user?

It is a little disconcerting, yes.

>our grand project is done
>let us begin anew

More Harvest it is.
Didn't feel like going all the way back to Carlton Captain Atom then?

HELLO COMICS!!!

mai waifu

I miss her.

Then we should be reading that. OP disappoints.

The only non ditko creation

Nothing's stopping you from reading or storytiming it. Be the change you wish to see.

I don't actually have the Charlton stuff, but I'd be happy to read through some of it

That thing about Morrison having total dibs on the Charlton characters can't be true since we're getting Ted Kord ala Giffen, but no one seems to care enough to bring me Nightshade :(

Eiling yelling names of dead people is off-putting and hilarious

God that's an ugly helmet.

>"artistic appreciation"
Uh huh. Storyteller "appreciates" the "artistic" merit of Nura Nal's ass. Wink wink.

Eiling is a dick. Goddamn.