Unironically the best of the prequels

Unironically the best of the prequels

>best looking prequel

Aside from Jar Jar, this TPM wasn't overloaded with cgi and had some amazing on-location sets and miniatures. It resembled the OT the most out of all the prequels, even still had that washed-up, dingey look. Episode II is when things started looking too new and shiny.

>best sound design

Everything in this film sounded incredible. The lightsabers sounded ferocious, the podracer engines fucking roared. It was all just perfect.

>cool creatures

All of the naboo sea monsters looked great, Sebulba was cool, tatooine scenes had much better aliens than the generic crap in Maz's castle and Jakku.

>qui-gon jinn

GOAT, just GOAT.

>dat saber duel
>dat podrace
>dat john williams score

Great movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=33KjGSbSpMY
youtu.be/LEWAeS0zbg4?t=3153
youtube.com/watch?v=f-Mw8SeHC-U
youtu.be/f-Mw8SeHC-U?t=32
youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw&t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=TPXOOKEnvoQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Episode II is better.

You're objectively retarded

You're literally retarded.

Episode I is a 3/10, Episode II is a 2/10, Episode III is a 5/10. III by far the most entertaining.

Neckbeard scores don't count

>being this mad because you have shit taste
LMAOing @ your life

GAAAAAAAARGGGGG!

I still love it honestly, but mostly just out of nostalgia for when it came out.

It was so amazing finally getting Star Wars themed legos and getting to see Phantom Menace for my friend's birthday party on opening day.

Sad thing is Episode I IS the best prequel.

Fans just don't want to admit it. I literally fell asleep during Episode II it was so bland and stupid. The real thing that really keeps people from acknowledging that I is the greatest is people have a boner for III because it shows Anakin's descent.

People only like III because the last time they saw III they were either kids or teenagers in a movie theater.

It's a very comfortable space adventure. I didn't like it very much when it was first released, but it's since grown on me.

It's certainly better than the Farce Engorges.

It's the one that tried that hardest to do its own thing. AotC shit all over itself in terms of plot and genre and RotS was a desperate attempt to appease fans. It failed miserably but it's strangely endearing despite being garbage

Honestly as a stand alone movie it's pretty entertaining (even though the writing and CG are really bad).
It's the only prequel to have that sort of Star Wars feeling to it, might be because of having fewer CGI sets or being shot on film or something.

How shallow is your life you have nothing better to do than trying to convince us this shit has any value?

How low is your testosterone that you think TFA was awesome and made up for the prequels?

It served its purpose well in giving us this in the future:

youtube.com/watch?v=33KjGSbSpMY

My lack of testosterone doesn't make me think that, because I think neither of those things.

it's pretty sad that you're desperately trying to hype up a movie I could already tell was bad at age 10.

unironically kys
unironically do it now
unironically do eeeeeeet

Jar Jar was just a coincidence goyim, we don't put racism in our Star Wars films.

>We judge people as idiots and pigs on an individual level....

>TPM wasn't overloaded with cgi

>young Anakin meets Obi-Wan
This scene was quietly surprising. It's always the small ironies, isn't it? I guess it adds suspense, since we know that Anakin will conquer him eventually.

And why not talk about the Windows XP desktop battles? GOAT

>FN poops people
At least I think that's what the composition is saying...

The podracer engine sound truly are amazing

Do you think Finn would have been in such a rush to help her, and save her life, if she were an ugly alien?

>Like a big hairy wookie?

Those sounds of Sebulba's podracer falling apart were orgasmic

also RAAAAAAAAARRRR?

>It looks the most like the OT
>Because it has scenes on Tatooine

HMM

The more I hear of this "Star Wars looks lived-in" meme the more I realize what people actually mean is that they associate Star Wars with a sandy and dusty poverty planet

Except for the trash compactor, the Death Star looked pretty fucking clean, didn't it? Leia's ship, too. And Cloud City? They were all clean as fuck.

The "Star Wars is dirty" meme is literally just Luke's homeworld.

>Naboo looked old as shit
>all ships looked junky except the royal ones

Also, the death star was just completed you dumb fuck.

last time I saw III was 2 days ago

>People only like III because the last time they saw III they were either kids or teenagers in a movie theater.
How old are you?

dubs dubs confirms, TPM comfy af

I really liked the original trilogy as a kid, watched them over and over again. I saw Episode I in the cinema as a kid, and didn't hate it. I was their target demographic I think; a young child. I thought Dark Maul looked cool. For years afterwards, him and the pod racing were the only thing I remembered about the movie. I didn't like the film though, because I thought it was boring and the light sabre fights had too much dancing. I had almost completely forgot about Jar Jar Blinks. I guess he was probably annoying at the time, but I couldn't even remember him until I re watched it much later.

When episode II came out, I absolutely hated it. Natalie Portman looking sexy was the only positive thing about it.

Since I was such a disappointment, and I actively hated II, I've never actually seen III. People keep saying its not that bad, but every clip I've seen of it looks like garbage. Is III actually an OK movie, or is it just nostalgic revisionists?

Don't forget LEGO Star Wars!

III is pretty bad.

III is not as good as people wish it was.

I really don't understand why people praise it so much. The action scenes are insanely bloated and it felt like Lucas was rushed into tying up every loose end.

TPM may not be great, but it's the best of the prequels.

I was a kid when TPM came out and absolutely loved it. Yeah the CGI has aged like milk but oddly enough watching them again as an adult, you get some better insight on the world-building that Lucas did, and the more nuanced themes of politics and falling from grace. I mean, they're *in* there, and sure other movies have done it better, blah blah blah. But I think the prequels were a lot better than people give them credit for, and I have to commend Lucas on taking some risks, even though they didn't all pan out. The music was fucking GOAT, and honestly that's been one of those things I've noticed about TFA and Rogue One that's incredibly jarring; they take no risks, and the music is just standard, generic bullshit that even the video games that Star Wars has produced have done better.

I don't think TPM was the best of the prequels but for sheer entertainment value and originality, far better than anything that's been produced since. And OP hit the nail on the head with the three main things about it; the saber duel, the podrace, and the score. The other crap is kind of distracting and not really here nor there, but I think that once Disney has finished raping the fuck out of the franchise, people will look back and compare the prequels with the new shit and realize that Disney was a mistake.

Cool, I'll probably just forget about it then.

I remember everyone hated ep2 even then.

A lot of people were like
>"Okay, maybe we had our expectations too high for episode 1. It's still a fun movie. Let's just enjoy 2 for what it is."
>come out of theater 2 hours later
>"wow that was fucking shit"

Some people defend prequels but mainly they are thinking of Ep1&3. 2 is just shit.

Would anyone pay to see a prehash trilogy with baby Rey podracing for Unkler Plutt?

>music
I thought Giachinpizzo was doing a pretty good job with Rogue One since he only has a month to score it, but then came the Mustafar scene.

Darth fucking Vader, last time you saw him he was breaking down his operating room in a god-tier orchestrated John Williams meltdown.

youtu.be/LEWAeS0zbg4?t=3153

Then you see him, vulnerable and twisted as fuck in the bacta tank, and what music does Giopinocchio use?

FUCKING TATOOINE DESERT ANTICS MUSIC.

Fuck hollywood. Any "fan"on the production team should have said, hey, let's throw any fucking other leitmotif in there but that one

Am I autistic? I just care about good, full-sounding music.

I hated the sabre duel at the time (saw it in the cinema as a kid), and I hate the sabre duel on re-watching it. Music and pod racing were good though.

I disagree with TPM being better than TFA though. I know it was just a soft reboot with not much originality, but I actually liked Finn and Rey. There's no real objectivity to my feelings there, just something about the two characters that I found likable. I found TFA to be enjoyable, but don't get me wrong, there's a lot that I didn't like about TFA, and I can understand why some people really didn't like it. I can see what you're saying about TPM being more original, and while good movies are original, I don't think originality in itself amounts to a good movie or even a better movie than an unoriginal film with a some characters that I like.

To add to my rant, TFA's music was fucking shit. John Williams needs to step it up.

Are you really saying that the first prequel with the fart/scat jokes, annoying little kid, and no plot was the best one because of extremely superficial reason that sound straight from a Yahoo clickbait article?

I hate to be the one to break it to you user but you just might actually be a retard, and an easily entertained one at that

The saber duel is incredibly dull considering the action going on.

It really is what reddit letter media says. The lightsaber fights are really about the characters and whats going on in their heads.

>Qui Gonn Who
>Obi Wan if my name wasn't Kenobi nobody would even remember me
>Darth Letdown

all jumping around with lightsabers just has no emotional impact at all.

Desert antics? What piece are you talking about? I thought i heard prequel music when he was in the bacta tank but i can't remember which scene from the prequels it was from.

please fucking perish

Krennic's shuttle is flying down to mustafar and you're like "oh shit nigger a cheesy ass space castle this is lit" and its playing the decent Krennic theme which sounds more starwarsy than williams shit in TFA and you're getting more and more hyped and then the old priest ass dude walks up to the bacta tank and you see imperial guards and you're like oh shit nigger and the bacta tank reveals itself and its fucking vulenerable nolimbs darth vader floating in that shit in his own temple and you're like FUCUUCUK yeeee boi this is what I paid my nauseating 3d liemax ticket for so I can shitpost about it later and its like my lord director krennic has arrived and youre like SHIT ITS FUCKING VADER NIGGER and then it zooms in on his face and you're expecvting some beautiful sad melancholy or fear inducing shit and what do you get? instead of the AAAAAAH OOOO AAAAAAHHH EEEEEEE AHHHH? in revenge of the sith which was god tier you get a literal steaming tatooine sand nigger "doo-doo-doo doodooodooo, dooodoodoo, doo- doo dooo"

It's a fucking baffling scoring decision. Not to mention a carnival costume store Darth Vader waddling out later with the voice of a senile B-rate Nintendo 64 licensed Taiwan Star Wars game.

Episode III

>Chewbacca side plot, CGI Yoda
> CRying pregnant Padme
> Droids somehow all look 100 times shittier, act 1000 times dumber
> General faggot ass grevious

TPM has the best look and feel objectively. Jar Jar fucks everything up and Anakin is pretty annoying and unbelievable, but Padme Obi and Qui gon are at their peak here.

I agree with you on all the production design stuff. But that's not the problem with the movie. It's that the story and characters suck and aside from the podracing and the lightsaber fight, it's incredibly boring.

I just watched it and I don't know what you're talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=f-Mw8SeHC-U

I agree with you that the music sucks but it's all pretty much just Imperial March variations and low ambient crap, no tatooine shit.

Eh not so fast. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith are easily better.

>best looking prequel
Revenge of the Sith looks 10x better
>best sound design
Attack of the clones blows it out of the water
>cool creatures
You mean the Gungans? Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith had better creatures
>qui-gon
You mean the character that provided very little to the rest of Anakin's journey in the next two films?
>saber duel
Episodes 2 and 3 were better
>podrace
was the only unique thing about the film, i'll give you that
>dat john williams score
Episode II and III still better

>best sound design
As much as it pains me to say something good about the clone wars it had INCREDIBLE sound design.
Anakin and Obi wan chasing the bounty hunter through traffic was incredible with all the different engines zooming around your head, and the sonic mines (as stupid as they actually are) made me nut hearing them over the theater speakers.
Its the first time in my life that I was even aware of sound design in a movie, and it really did a lot to make you feel like you were IN the scene.

>Revenge of the Sith looks 10x better

>gorgeous celluloid and optically printed CGI effects
>vs 2000s era digital with limited dynamic range and cartoon CGI

please be bait

>saber duel
>Episodes 2 and 3 were better

windmill flailing on a lava transport better than darth maul? ok now I know this is bait.

youtu.be/f-Mw8SeHC-U?t=32
Literal tatooine music mate

A double bladed lightsaber doesn't even make sense. What's the point of a polearm weapon which you can only hold in the center and not utilize reach? Darth maul is the dumbest villain in all the films. He was meaningless and forgotten about.. and irrelevant to the story. Episode 1 had the worst choreography.

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw&t=5s

I know this word has lost all meaning here, but you're fucking autistic.

>Episode 1 had the worst choreography.

That's reserved for RotS. Maybe the worst saber fight in history.

Agreed, 1>3>2

I used to like 2 as a kid, probably mainly cause of Jango, but overall it's just a cluster. It had some interesting ideas at the start with a mystery assassination and conspiracy but it ended up sucking

Look how prefectly straight that shadow is. Bravo Nolan Lucas soduko when desu?

I know this is complete bait but the center of gravity on a pole weapon is ,,, the center. You can't weild a pole that long by holding onto one of its ends, at which point the weight negatively affects its speed and handling.

Episode I has the least green screen of the trilogy, lots of great sets and miniatures. Movie looks gorgeous.

>You can't weild a pole that long by holding onto one of its ends,
Tell that to the phalanx user.

Pole weapons are used for reach and there is no such thing as a double bladed sword in history that was any good. Anyone who studies either wester or eastern martial arts will disprove how senseless the double bladed lightsaber is.

>used for reach
for a spear, sure. but that's only meant to have one lethal end and has hardly any manoeuvrability.

the double ended saber allows for twirling pole type combat without needing to be autistic about how it's handled.

OP was 12 when this came out, got a Jar Jar doll and played the pod racing video game.

Obvious Nostalgia OPinion discarded

There's no point, a single blade would work just as efficiently. Spears, staves, pikes, historical evidence shows that these were used utilizing the full length of the shaft. A double bladed varient of any weapon similar to the double bladed lightsaber would not function and there is no evidence of such historically. It's 100% fantasy concept. At least single blade design resembles how swords were used. Twirling and spinning never happened in combat, that would get you killed. The choreography is shit and is a bunch of flashy display. Just a bunch of faggots twirling around and not hitting eachother with any meaning. All hollywood movies have flaws, but episode 1 is probably the worst from a martial sense.

>a single blade would work just as efficiently
this is a non-comparison. a pole weapon has different advantages to a weapon half its length, namely in the number of strikes you can pull off with the same amount of energy by shifting your grip on its center of gravity.

>Just a bunch of faggots twirling around and not hitting eachother with any meaning
congrats you just described every martial arts film ever made.

Sonic mine scene is criminally underated

>Anakin and Obi wan chasing the bounty hunter through traffic was incredible
I like the ENTIRE detective Obi Wan parts of Clones. I wish he had an entire spin off series of just him solving galactic mysteries like a roving Zatoichi.

Still doesn't explain how a double blade would be effective. This isn't a video game. If lightsabers were real, nobody would use one because it would be impractical to have double blades. A single blade would wreck it everytime.

Yep. I turn it UP for that.

Every hear of a bow staff? Now add death lasers on each end.

You're a special kind of retard aren't you?

yes and all historical evidence and techniques demonstrates staff weapons are used utilizing the full length of the blade... not a small handle on the center. You clearly don't know anything about these kind of weapons. Just let it go, double bladed sword is impractical and doesn't work.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPXOOKEnvoQ

It's a lightsaber though. Twirling that around is deadly. It goes through steel like butter.

If the blockade was a problem how come they were able to just fly through it?

The fact that it's a lightsaber makes it even less practical. Keep holding onto your fantasy though.

it was a trade blockade, no? only cargo ships were barred.

>neo Sup Forums's retarded prequelfags have begun eating each other, leaving the authentic Sup Forums posters to discuss art of actual merit

Good, good.

that brain meme is supposed to be backwards

Nigga you just linked the exact same video I did. Give me a timestamp or something because all I hear is the Imperial March

>staff weapons
>blade

TPM can't be the best prequel because III is objectively the best Star Wars film.

So how'd you like Rogue One?

Whatever opinion will bunch your panties the most.

Agreed.

Swap Episode 1 and Episode 2.

I found a DVD of TPM last week and rewatched it for the first time in about ten years. Was expecting to have a much better appreciation of it now that so much time has passed...but holy shit I thought it was even worse than when I first saw it.

Lucas is a hack and only studio and tech limitations early in his career kept people from realizing that.

>implying american graffiti isn't a flawless film

this

and even after those very entertaining redlettermedia reviews of the prequels, TPM is my favorite of the prequels and and better than Rouge One and TFA put together. Those two shouldn't even be cannon.

It's so depressing to see that the coolest fucking franchise has devolved into SJ Wars

>star wars
>art

What's wrongs with the new movies

He didn't say Star Wars was art

I agree with the best looking part. This movie really isn't too far off from the Jurassic Park/Terminator 2 style of filmmaking during the 90s. Why did AOTC and ROTS look like fucking video games?

Can we all agree that if your opinion deviates from:

some combination of the OT > TFA > some combination of Rogue One and the prequels

you're fucking contrarian cancer?

> These blast points are too accurate for sand people
> Gets sniped going 500 mph from like a mile away

Poor guy

No sets.