What was his fucking problem?

What was his fucking problem?
Why did he kill his own father?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.stanford.edu/dept/HPS/Bruno/bladerunner.html
web.ics.purdue.edu/~felluga/373/ENGL373/Oct_25-27.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he wanted more life, fucker

But his father said that it's impossible.
Killing his father wouldn't make things better

I thought it was literally just flipping a switch

This is correct. He was hardly different from a human except his physical capabilities. He wanted to live but was condemned to a life of servitude and then death.

he was homosex

Didn't you pay attention?
If he gave him more life he would catch a virus.

Killing his creator was pointless.
He just went full sociopath after he realized he would die

Then in his eyes his father was a monster. He would go on creating androids that would live in pain without respite. Causing needless pain should be stopped and as far as he could see he was probably doing the right thing. It was also vengeance, too.

Never heard of Zeus and Chrono?

lol who cares this movie is old af

He was born into slavery and created with a severely truncated lifespan compared to his creators.

He had no father, neither a genetic sire nor a carer who raised him. He was created as disposable cannon fodder and used the courage they gave him to perform that role to instead attempt to alter his life's course.

Maybe he was lying about being unable to give the androids longer lives? It would be very convenient for them to have a shorter lifespan considering how intelligent and strong they were. If one lives for a long time they start to wonder about the deeper things in life.

That Tyrel guy told him that it's not possible to get more life since he was build like a real human. He would die even faster if they tried to make live live forever.

He killed his own father just because he turned into a secret asshole.

Also autism and hatred for humanity

>it's a reference to his quote i wasn't asking for a fucking essay

>Killing a man who is responsible for your early death and who has enslaved you and your friends makes you a sociopath

You numale cuck.

No one that matters ever accepted the answer of, "it's impossible." Why would an android be any different?

>Also autism and hatred for humanity

Yet he goes out of his way to get a human to empathise with him, showing emotional depth, and spares his life, showing he has no hatred, so you're wrong on both counts.

It's a freudian thing.

So who was the bad guy?

White hair faggot or Rapist Dekard?

he killed his father figure to ascend beyond his fruitless flailing

I hate this thread so much for people not understanding some of the most basic parts of Bladerunner that make it a good movie. Ty, user, for making it clear to the imbeciles.

Put your fedora on and strap in for a journey.
web.stanford.edu/dept/HPS/Bruno/bladerunner.html

The real asshole of Blade Runner was Harrison Ford's character.

Also he raped that bitch.

this shit is TLDR

make a summary if it's actually good

>I no reed gud

Fuck off

this here too
web.ics.purdue.edu/~felluga/373/ENGL373/Oct_25-27.html
although it's pretty much the same I think

He's a fallen Christ figure.
He comes from space (heaven).
He's "perfect."
He is supposed to serve humanity and die as a slave but instead kills his creator and master Tyrell (represents God, creating life and such).
He even has disciples that die as Martyrs for his cause.

Scott' Ridley's lack of ideas

>web.stanford.edu/dept/HPS/Bruno/bladerunner.html

t. Man who read too much Freud

>first post sums it up perfectly in one quote
>autists turn it into a cringeworthy essay

Fuck me

I want more life too, but I ain't go nuts on other poor people.

specially his creator was a genius, why kill such a genius man?

>people attempt to have a discussion
lolautists

He was angry, and nobody has teached him the morals of our society. he was a creation of our own society, a psychopath made by man

he was born and lived a s a slave,
he has no real mother or father,
why did he not Kill Dekard?

I don't know

Neither. You could consider Tyrell the villain however.

The first, and most obvious reason Batty spared Deckard's life is to demonstrate that he (Batty) understood the value of life, and what it meant to be "good", better than Deckard, the supposed protagonist of the story. It is one of those moments that flips the perspective of the entire narrative, and suddenly the "bad guy" is now the sympathetic victim of a system that never gave him a chance.

This is why I dislike that deckard is pretty much confirmed to be a replicant in the DC. It was a better ending to have the replicant become more human than deckard as his last act. IF they're both replicants then it's less meaningful.

. By saving Deckard as the final act of his existence, he demonstrates that he has freewill, that he is a fully human being, and thus the enormity of Tyrell's crime against him and the other replicants.

This. Ridley Scott doesn't understand his own fucking movie.

Same with Alien. How do you fuck up all the other ones after MAKING THE FIRST ONE?

???
He didn't make the other ones.

cyber hysteria.

I meant Prometheus/Covenant, the other ones aren't his bad and Aliens is good, just different.

he felt true emotion

You ever read Paradise Lost?

Imagine meeting your creator. He says that he has purposefully created suffering in the world so that you can glorify him; all of the misery of your life was for his benefit.
Now imagine that, unlike in the case of God, there's no silver lining. There will never be a Christ to redeem you. You don't gain free will and the chance at salvation, you have a short and painful life of servitude. And this creator will continue to create others like you to live in slavery and without meaning. Wouldn't you say that killing that person is the morally correct thing to do? Like others said in the thread, it may prevent suffering down the line.

the oppressive society in which the characters lived

Deckard is a replicant?
I did not pick on up on this. Do I need more or less autism to find the details.

he is a replicant built to replace the asian bladerunner with a walking stick who has been implanted with his memories. the asian bladerunner repeatedly shows that he knows what deckard is thinking since they have the same brain

In the DC deckard dreams of a unicorn. In the last scene of the deckard finds an origami unicorn made by Gaff, suggesting Gaff knows what memories have been implanted into deckard (which would make him a replicant). There's other clues but this is the one that makes it undeniable.

Well luckily Deckard is back in the new one and all old a shit so not a replicant

Wired: Harrison Ford is on record saying Deckard is not a replicant.
Scott: Yeah, but that was, like, 20 years ago. He's given up now. He said, "OK, mate. You win! Anything! Just put it to rest."

kek

Then how the fuck do they connect the films? Or is the new one not related? Is just a retcon that they will refuse to explain and pretend nothings wrong?

Don't know. Maybe he is a replicant who found a way to keep living, maybe he was a new model without a limited lifespan.

I have a feeling they are going to have him as a human though, which would be disappointing

He should have been a human from the beginning and now instead of a better ending + logical sequel we get fucked twice over just because Ridley Scott had to insist that he was a replicant for "woah"-points. I love some of his films but god damn this is so stupid.

The hints that he was a replicant were always there. Watch the 1982 workprint version of the movie before it was cut into peices because test audiance's and focus groups are idiots.

It was still a bad decision in my opinion to make that the canon even if they made that decision early on. They could have left it ambiguous with some of the "hints" left in so it would encourage discussion. And in the original novel he isn't a replicant and it's made very clear.

don't think that's what he said.

like Pokemon

>realize the cruelty inherent in mortality
>not wanting to choke the shit out of God
Beta

Betas believe it was rape

Harrison ford made the actresses crazy in star wars and blade runner

test

You also realize it but yet, here you are.

So that makes Deckard....

Blah

This.