So which metal would you say is better?

So which metal would you say is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1FClJ1M64kc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck this event, if I had to make an X-Men recommended list I would put Nuzlockes instead of the Marvel one.

Cap's Shield.

Cap's shield can't be damaged because that would imply America is weak and also because it'd be too much of a hassle doing a story arc where he tries to find someone to fix it. So the answer is diamonds.

Vibranium. That shit is literally magic.

Not fair really: Cap's shield is forage, folded over and more concentrated. Black smith worked on that shit.
Logan's metal has to fit into his body and mimics a skeleton structure. Guy has to live with it in his body, even with his heal factor. Hard to compare unless Logan can get a shield made out of his metal too.

Isn't adamantium poisonous and holding back Wolverine's healing factor from its peak potential?

You do realize the shield has been broken, right?

The one with higher properties of plotarmorium in them.

Keeps him from swimming too. Water's one of the few things he's afraid of.

Why is that guy saying "Zw Sjrfer"?

It depends Cap's shield isn't indestructible but it absorbs force because it's a blend of Adamantium and Vibranium so he won't get killed by tanking something, Wolverine has pure Adamantium so he's for all intents and purposes completely indestructable, but his skeleton won't absorb an impact so if he gets hit really hard he could still die.

It's norse runic alphabet.

It's the Odinforce equation.

Cap's shield is a composite, I think it still has that bit of Uru thing now maybe I dunno, but overall Vibranium itself is the main component and much more versatile and valuable than Adamantium.
Doom even had a thing where he sought out Vibranium due to its applications with magic energies much like said.

They're both stupid. But you can use Vibranium in more creative ways then Adamantium which is pretty straightforward.

In 616, Cap's shield is the reason Adamantium even exists. It's partially vibranium, partially a steel alloy (which was later tweaked to make adamantium), and partially a process that remains unknown because the guy who made the shield fell asleep on the job and shit just ran its course while he was out cold. Then, many years later, the Asgardian metal Uru was added into the mix.

Came here to post this. Every time cap fights someone like Wolverine or Lady Deathstrike they usually take a panel to remind people that the shield is the one thing guaranteed to stand up to adamantium.

It's an objectively more durable material, maybe the only one. Better is a subjective judgement though. Who knows, maybe adamantium is a better electrical conductor or other stuff like that comics rarely bother to find out...

why is vibranium always portrayed as brittle as fuck instead of malleable like real metals?

for balancing they should've had vibranium be bendable and meltable but impervious to most all impact like kinetic energy and adamantium have a higher tolerance for temperature and bending but slightly weaker to kinetic energy. or maybe the opposite

Cap has (or had) multiple shields.
Among the disk versions there's one of pure vibranium and one of a vibranium/adamantium alloy, presumably it was the alloy version that got mixed with uru during Fear Itself.
There's a shield made of pure adamantium but I think that one's just for U.S.Agent, but Steve does have a third disk shield.

from what I understand adamantium is harder but more brittle, it makes better pokey stuff but is not that good as armor

my biggest issue with the vibranium shield is: if it absorbs all vibrations/energy, how does it bounce off enemies when thrown? shouldn't it just hit them and drop down, just like bullets that hit it?

That's how the vibranium-steel alloy works.

Black Bolt blew a hole in the universe with a Vibranium bomb powered by his voice. So there's that.

Either Adamantine or Uru because metal of the gods > metal of the mortals.

I'm going to go with adamantium because at least it's properties are relatively consistent.

Vibranium is all over the fucking place. It absorbs all vibrations, except when it reflects them, or when it reacts to force normally.

If Raiden (雷電) (God Of Thunder) could cut Wolverines bones with his High Frequency Blade could he also cut Caps shield in half?

A pure element shield yeah I guess. Well. No?
Because it absorbs vibrations.

How much Vibrations can it absorb?

Adamantium and Vibranium both have a bunch of allotropes, or receive ones after the fact. Adamantium's have been mentioned in definite to excuse how Wolverine and whoever else have varying results and side effects with it and Vibranium's has been hinted at due to having alternatives such as the Antarctic variant and my favorite so far; Reverbium.

Vibranium because TEAM DISNEY

FOX SUCK DICK

The allotrope excuse doesn't work because 99.999999% of the time the inconsistency is all within the same exact piece of vibranium.

Adamantium has never been broken in 616 Marvel. That is commitment to the "Strongest Metal in the World" hype.

Did DC have Promethium or am I just imagining it?

All of them

Didn't Cap's shield get cancer at one point in the comics?

URU

I always hated that shit. What was the point of retconning the shield to have vibranium?

because it's more dramatic to break a shield to the point it's unusable than it is to bend it

There are brittle metals ones. Usually the harder to scratch a metal is the brittler it is.

Found a video youtu.be/1FClJ1M64kc

Yes, but it always gets repaired in better condition. After the Serpent broke it it got repaired with Uru.

Whatever plot armor is made of.

Yet he's been in water before in the cartoons. Get it together, FoxKids. Can't even follow source material.

Isn't Cap shield not made entirely of Vibranium ?It's constituted of several different metals which includes Vibranium

ROFLMFAO Not laughing at you, just the thought of an organic material being afflicted with a biological malady is hilarious, somehow. I made a similar statement when I saw the Soul Edge in Soul Blade 2. "Fuckin sword's got cancer or t-virus or some shit..."

it does not "keep him from swimming" it just makes him way heavier than a normal person with normal bones.

Cap's shield gets broken constantly. It's like the first thing that happens in every event comic. Cap's shield jobs harder than Wolverine.

Uru

From what I read:

Vibranium absorbs kinetic energy. So you can fire drive a train into it, and it should absorb the shock. Torsion stress might be a different thing.

Adamantium is tougher, stronger, harder etc. But it'd be wearing ballistic plate, and having someone smash your chest with a sledgehammer.

Can Polaris or Magneto twist Cap's shield into something like a balloon animal?