I don't get it. Why was he Zemo?

I don't get it. Why was he Zemo?

They gave him money. He read lines and performed actions. What's not to get?

I mean why did they call him Zemo?
It's confusing. Won't people think he's supposed to be Baron Zemo from the comic books? They should have just given him some other cool fake name like Xanro or something

The vast majority of people who watch these films don't know or care who Zemo is. Marvel and Disney don't care if it pisses off fanboys when they change this stuff because they know they'll still make hundreds of millions of dollars. They used the name Zemo because if they made a new character then the main Disney shareholders would get pissed that they aren't utilizing the IPs that they spent $4 billion acquiring.

He's signed up for more.

>I mean why did they call him Zemo?

So that when they want to do either the Masters of Evil or Thunderbolts in Phase 4, they have it already set up.

His father could have fled the Nuremberg trials and landed in Sokovia. He's still completely open to becoming the Zemo we know and love.

Because he's obsessed with Cap and likes using Bucky to troll him. Also daddy issues.

>Thunderbolts movie
>no Zemo
Dropped!

Unless he took some of Starks Winter Soldier juice

H edoesn't need it.

I like the idea of Zemo as some Sokovia Spec Ops guy. Taking out the Avengers Punisher-style, with a purple balaclava.

His character could have been anybody and nothing would have changed. In fact, a new character would mean a new forced meme in the comics will be running around for movie synergy.

Zemo is literally the only MCU villain to actually win aginst the heroes, sure he didn't kill them like he wanted, but he sure as fuck crippled him. Hell, his prep time out ranked Batman's in this movie.

>boohoo he didn't wear the mask

For future use.

it's simple. he was zemo because his story concludes with him essentially succeeding in his goal. marvel didn't want to have a no name villain be the guy that "beat" the avengers. if he was a no name dude the "hur dur, the avengers got beat by some regular guy when loki and ultron couldn't" memes would be never ending. making him the mcu version of an established villain elevates him and makes his win acceptable to fan boys.

You're asking why a master planner and manipulator from a terror sowing organization originating in a failed Germanic state, who wants to destroy the Avengers in recompense for the death of his father was Helmut Zemo?

Are you fucking stupid?

Honestly I didn't even hear his name once in the movie. I figured he was just some random guy

t. non comic reader

They only mention it like twice near the end when Tony finds out who he is.

>random guy literally keikakus the avengers
kek

He mentions it in the beginning to the HYDRA guy he drowns.

He probably was Zemo to begin with.

All his shit about having a family that died in Sokovia might've been bullshit to get some "feels" out of people.

Perhaps the phone with the messages belonged to one of his earlier victims and used it as a manipulation tool.