I just finished this and now I want to talk about it

I just finished this and now I want to talk about it

What did you think Sup Forums?

I'm unfamiliar with the source material so I had a blank slate on who the fuck was who. The show started pretty slow but picked up around episode 4 I think and it was enjoyable up till Hope killed herself. They didn't seem to know how to end the show. The ending itself was a let down since they put a focus on Kilgrave getting a major power boost but they don't really show it.

Lot of sex scenes too.

It was worth a watch, I probably won't go back to rewatch it anytime soon. What says you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c&ab_channel=klatica
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit.

I liked it. The plotting was sloppy and Nuke's involvement was pretty dumb, but the unique conflicts and fleshed-out characters more than made up for it.

I'm wary about the second season, though. Kilgrave pretty much carried the first one.

The best thing Marvel has done in a long time.

I enjoyed it. But it was dragged out. Overrated Killgrave, underrated Jessica Jones. Better than Daredevil? No. Enjoyable? Yes.

I liked it but it should have been 10 episodes instead of 13.
Doesn't have as much charm or personality as Daredevil, and without the Purple Man I honestly don't think season 2 will be as entertaining because it means they will have to double down on Jessica's nauseating supporting cast.

Seems like they just ran out of ideas after the whole "We trapped him in a sealed room" part.

Whole show went to shit after that.

You pretty much summed it up for me user

Looks like there's more or less a consensus

There's absolutely nothing about this show that I like. I wish I could just unsee all of it.

>Overrated Killgrave
Considering how much this board sucks his dick, it's always pleasant to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't think he's the best thing since the sliced bread.

should have just had a new P.I. case every episode and made Kilgrave like a longer background story arc, there was too much focus on him and his shit dragged on too much. Some filler could have helped, if they showed her solving a case at work every episode or something, to keep it moving

Thank you. He was played out to be a whiny British bitch trying to make the rapist the victim.

Jess couldn't rate lower. She and Trish are both just dumb and bitter.

He was supposed to be a manchild. A guy who never grew up because of the nature of his power.

Everyone gets that, stop acting like no one understands what the characters are supposed to be.
That doesn't excuse Boregrave being a shitty, boring and absolutely unthreatening villain.
Trinity Killer on Dexter was a manchild and he was terrifying.

I think it would have been better as a detective procedural for the first few episodes instead of devoting the whole season to Killgrave. It would have tightened up that plot and kept it from dragging in the middle.

Thematically, it was really good, but that doesn't necessarily translate to entertainment value. Overall, it's a bit overrated, but I enjoyed it well enough.

Can someone explain to me the Kilgrave vaccine subplot? I thought the Dad took it before the meeting at the restaurant but it looks as though that wasn't the case. Who took it? Patsy?

The vaccine didn't work

So Jessica resisting Kilgrave is what? A psychological thing?

Yes. She's been able to resist Kilgrave long before the vaccine was even a sub plot.

According to her, Reva's death and her objection to it is what most likely lead to her breaking free of Kilgrave's control.

Albert was developing the vaccine to combat Kilgrave, but it failed and now he was in Kilgrave's hands. Instead of killing Albert off, Kilgrave had Albert work on boosting his powers.

it was a great drama/thriller but I think that's it
I don't think we need a second season, have her get pregnant at the end of Defenders and have Luke and Danny team up for Heroes for Hire

>it was a great drama/thriller
No it wasn't. It's not even a passable thriller.

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c&ab_channel=klatica